Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #61  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Iris - prayers ascending that you will make the right decision!

Gary - I knitted a shawl and a scarf while traveling this week, I had to laugh at your "Angie" comments. Glad you are getting some time off and able to help around the house. Prayers continuing for your sis.

Rosebud - we need a virtual sing-a-long once your organ arrives

PinkFlamingo - Trish is right - God loves you just as you are! You need to hold your head up and get out there! Don't put your life on hold because of how you are feeling. Trust me - it is a downward spiral. Staying in and missing out on things only makes you feel worse.

You are in my prayers, girl!

Hello to everyone else! It is good to be back

Blessings to all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Gee, now I'm the one having troubles on here; this thing is moving so slow for me tonight. Every time I do anything on this site, it seems to take 5 minutes to make up its mind to do it. I came in here at 9 PM and it has taken this long to do just this one post ...

Had a lovely day. I called this AM about the Organ; guy was supposed to call us back; he didn't; so we waited; and waited; I called back after midi; and finally was told the truth; they couldn't lift it and it doesn't have wheels; and they don't have enuff help; so DH went hunting and found some good Christian guys who are going to go and help get it and bring it home next Tuesday as the place is closed until then. So, I will get it, but it will be much closer to my actual birthday (Wed).

IRIS ~ I am learning to play; I can play basics so far. I had one year of piano as a child but wanted to take more but couldn't (very weird parental reasons). So when DH got me my piano, I started teaching myself all over; and am doing pretty well. I do have a small kid's organ that I have been practicing on but this will be nicer to have a real organ with a full set of keys (actually two rows of keys).

LAURIE ~ nice to have you back; and those are great pics of your holiday and that spot looks lovely indeedy ...

GARY ~ glad ANNIE is feeling better and thru this experience is drawing closer to GOD and her church again.

BOOTSIE ~ wowie, up to 5 inches of -- sure do hope you can fill up all those extra tanks ... our prayers are being answered ...

RONNIE ~ I was thinking after that your DS2 may not want to get better too soon if his injury is getting him so much female attention ...

We had fun PITA PIZZAS tonight; haven't had those in a while -- they were really yummy too! DH and I went out for our walk tonight; it was nice in the cool, crispy air ... puts a bit of pep in your step though; we made it around in record time!

This is a long weekend for us Canadians as Monday is our THANKSGIVING DAY holiday! Hope you all have a great weekend too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-09-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I better post quick and not read it is doing it here to me, Rosebud! We ended up with 1 and 3 tenths of rain but that makes 12 .5! Inches but the tank did not get filled up if ever I get where i can post will put a picture how green and the tanks on here! Hope you got your organ Rosebud, have not read your post kept going off on me reading Laurie"s this is really getting nerve racking! Gary Angie does so much! One smart lady your married too. Still hope Annie is feeling better last time she was in good spirits still hope so keeping her and all of you in my prayers . Gosh my fingers are going so fast my mind is turning circles. Just want to get this on here before it disappears. Y'all wake up and smile first thing in the morning and have a happy day all day long!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-09-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #64  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Thanks everyone for your lovely support. I am going to make sure I go to church this Sunday. Aside from the usual spiritual and mental benefits, it will do me good to get out of the house and be around people.

I went to the gym today but could only handle about 15 mins of swimming. Baby steps, I suppose.

Up late tonight, alternating between cleaning the apartment and writing my paper on the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Blessings.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Watching the Angels and Red Sox.

Angie and I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. We split (50/50) a half Moroccan Chicken salad and split (65/35) cheeseburger pizza. Then we went over to the produce market for some goodies.

SCOOTER ~ Great pictures! Angie's knitting is actually knitting an afghan now...looks pretty good.

PINKFLAMINGO ~ I hope your experience at church is rewarding for you. 15 minutes at the gym is 15 minutes closer to being in the body you want to be in...you keep on going

BOOTSIE ~ Yep, Angie does do a lot...I watch TV...she watches TV too...but when she does she knits, does crossword puzzles or reads during the commercials or now, does her homework for some on-line classes she is taking. In the old days she would stretch during the commercials...always in front of the TV...aaaarrrggghhh

ROSEBUD ~ The pitas sound good! That organ is getting closer...can you hear it? Happy "Thanksgiving"

IRIS ~ I hope you can find a way to stay and get your degree kiddo. I think that is what my daughter's Masters was in...public health. Wish my niece was still there...or maybe not...she had bf issues...but she struggled being away from home. Are there any churches near that have large groups your age? Prayers for what God wants in your life

Well the Angels are in the lead...back to the game
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Rosebud, I'm glad you could find people to help move the organ. Enjoy learning to play it. I loved learning to play some of my favorite hymns on the piano (and also the song from Peanuts!) but they always sound so neat on organ.

PinkFlamingo, I'm a huge proponent of baby steps. Every little one helps. =)

EZ, thanks. I really DO think that sticking it out is the right choice, but sometimes I get very down living here. The church I go to is very small, but it wouldn't hurt to check around if there are other places with young adult fellowships. There's a graduate fellowship at the university which I've been involved with on and off, but it's not quite a good fit for me. It's for all denominations, but the leaders are much more conservative than myself an I sometimes feel a conflict of interest.

by the way - happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians on the board! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Sticling it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

EZ, thanks. I really DO think that sticking it out is the right choice, but sometimes I get very down living here. The church I go to is very small, but it wouldn't hurt to check around if there are other places with young adult fellowships. There's a graduate fellowship at the university which I've been involved with on and off, but it's not quite a good fit for me. It's for all denominations, but the leaders are much more conservative than myself an I sometimes feel a conflict of interest.
=)
Did you read the post recently by Echo about receiving her PH.D ? If you haven't I suggest you do as it is inspiring.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #68  
Rosebud

Well, I just wrote a really long post and lost the whole thing ... hey, that wasn't nice! I'm gonna post in a file first I think -- as things are really weird around here lately. So here I go ... starting all over again ...

We went up to our lot (camp) today becuz we awoke to nice today and we wanted to take advantage of that. We spent the day up there and had a nice picnic lunch and got things ready for the winter. I put up the curtains I made for the washroom and planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs in our garden we made for our sweeties ...

DH put up braces inside the camper to make sure the ***** doesn't cave in the roof if we have lots this year. We found some evidence of rain on the floor in the livingroom so we do have a leak in the seam as we suspected but now we know for sure. We have decided to put a whole new section of roof there to make sure it has a good seal.

MY PITA PIZZA ~ this is my quick pizza recipe, for anyone who might like to try it ...

4 x 7-8" wg tortilla wraps (2 each; 90-100 cals each)
small can tomato paste
small minced onion
oregano and garlic powder (sprinkle)
shredded mozzarella
chopped pepparoni
chopped mushrooms
sliced green olives
Parmesan Cheese

Spread tomato paste on tortillas to edges; and add the rest of the ingredients in order given. Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes ... yummy and healthy (you save mega calories on the crust!) This is our favorite Greek Pizza recipe. Sometimes, I make homemade whole grain dough and roll it out really thin.

IRIS ~ I have to join the chorus and say that if you don't get that degree now that you may regret it for the rest of your life. There must be some church groups (ladies groups, bible studies, or youth groups) or even community clubs (don't forget sports places) that you could join to ward off loneliness. One of my landladies owned a bowling alley and I used to walk over there for coffee and a chat to take a break from my studies; she was a GOD-send!

BOOTSIE ~ glad you got some at least; and your posts are coming in.

LAURIE ~ you're one fast knitter to get all that down in one weekend and while on a holiday too!

PINK ~ good for you getting in 15 minutes of swimming; that's a great start.

HI BARGOO ~ how's it going?

I got some walking in today with NIKO; did a couple of walks plus everything else and my legs are very sore and tired. I think the cold is getting to us a bit too; we've had very cold temps here lately.

PS ~ and I just got up to make some tea and it's blowing ***** outside right now!!! and it's only October ...

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SUPERBLY BLESSED SUNDAY tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #69  

Rosebud I am going to have pizza tomorrow! Sounds so good! I have some lean Hamburger and I mean lean. We have our own meat done up where there is no fat to speak of.
Oh and Rosebud it is still messing up with me here, in posting. I just don't give up and it finally let's me post or I post and it disappears and I have to redo it and then it reappears. I think Satan is playing tricks on me, messing with my mind .
Keep up the good work PinkFlamingo,you are really encouraging me! I plan on enjoying everyday for now on, for each day is a brand new start . It is a chance for me to let go of my past disappointments and give Jesus a chance to do something wonderful in my life. I plan on starting the day out tomorrow with a smile for everyone I meet. Old man Satan cannot stand joy so that is sorta like a good christian kick makes him move on! You know everyone I know, knows how to smile. It not only gives everyone a good free face lift ,it also makes people feel good and I don't know anyone that does not look beautiful when they smile. It is a gift from God so let's all make use of our gift from God, and use it to make someones day.

!5 minutes is great PinkFlamingo! That is great! I wish they had a gym close around here. I don't know how to swim but I can float. Ha! My sister taught me how to float. I just love getting into a swimming pool and feeling the water all around me, have not done that in years.

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-10-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #70  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Hope everyone had a good day today! Here's to an even better tomorrow! Have a good one!
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #71  

Hello everyone! I just wanted to check in to say hello and that I'll be back later after football. LOL Fantasy football, that is. Hubby's chomping at the bit to get the computer. Bless you all.
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #72  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ When I was in my teens, I had some friends that were Italian; and she used to make this awesome Italian Pizza (we just called it that becuz it had no name). Anyways, she passed on from cancer a while later, but she gave me her recipe ...

ITALIAN DINNER PIZZA by Pat Lucchitta

1 lb+ very lean hamburger
1 medium, chopped onion
8 oz pkg chopped fresh mushrooms (can used canned)
minced garlic to taste (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp or more oregano and black pepper
28 oz can of tomatoes chopped with juice
shredded mozzarella cheese or a mix of Italian cheeses
Parmesan or Romano Cheese for top
wg pizza crust of choice (I use whole wheat or other very thin)

Brown meat and onions; add mushrooms, seasonings, and tomatoes; and simmer/boil until almost all the juices are gone. While this is cooking, spread out your crust on pan. Spread the meat sauce over crust, and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbley and crust is to desired crispiness. I like mine crispy but DH needs his softer to chew better. This makes about a 12" or large rectangle pizza on a cookie sheet. Enjoy ...

This picture was taken just down the road ... what do you see?

face in the cloud.jpg

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-11-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #73  
Rosebud

Oh, and here's a pic of our first snow storm of the year; a local man caught this picture just outside his home ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our first snow storm 10.10.09.jpg (2.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-11-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #74  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Rosebud - we got our first snowfall of the season yesterday too! I'm sooo not ready for snow.
Thanks for the recipes!

Bootsie - thanks for your positive post - always a GOOD reminder!

Hi to everyone else - hope you are having a blessed start to the week!

Well, I ended up with a 24 hour bug yesterday - UGH! So, I'm even further behind with getting my post-vacation chores done.

Thankfully, DH got some of the laundry done for me, and the shopping

I'm just gonna poke along today and get done what I can.

Prayers ascending for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #75  

Laurie I think I got a bug too. I was thinking this morning as I was walking in the cold and rain; I am sick, when people with paying jobs someone is there to take over , but what about the Farmer? There is no one unless you have a passle of kids. If I don't take care of the goats, ducks cats, dogs, chickens ...who will? I have to go if I am sick , no rest for me, they need me. Today I have a sore throat and i think I am fighting bronchitis, feels like it. I did wear my husbands straw hat and put a plastic bag over it and a lady gave me a great rain coat to wear to funerals. When she gave it to me I told her I was going to wear it out but not to funerals. The only ones I got to see today is my husband and my goats smiling faces this morning wondering where I have been! They sure was in a grippe mood though! One would be eating and wham-bam one would hit the other and knock it clear off its feet. I got in the pen and told them the top old Nanny just entered the pen and they was to cut it out, worked till I got out. Oh well.....

Man looked at my pick up this morning to get the part that Hubie broke when he was using it in Feb. have been holding it together by rednecktexan style, first I used a balloon,it melted, then electrical tape but that did not stay long and got really sticky now I have rubber bands on the handle that moves it from park to ect... works!

Not much else going on, fixing to go take some medicine and rest before taking care of the animals. Rosebud your pizza is the BEST EVER!!! A real hit with Hubie and me!