Old 10-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #121  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Laurie - Prayers in the shower sound awesome! I would like to get some more praise music to listen to in the morning as well. I think time to give the day over to God makes such a difference. How do you make your stuffed peppers? I haven't had any in ages, but I also got a bag of red, yellow, and orange peppers on clearance!

I started feeling really ill in church this morning. It's my TOM, and sometimes I get really dizzy when it starts. Combined with the cramping, I thought I was going to faint while standing for hymns. Some ladies invited me to the women's group on Tuesday (I moved last month and this is a new church for me, still seeing my pastor at my old church regularly but for most Sundays have been going to this new one), which felt good because maybe I can meet some new people. Felt too sick to stay for fellowship hour afterwards, actually ended up leaving my bike and walking home because I felt too dizzy. Came back and took a nap.

I have some peppers that are beginning to wilt, so I think I will make a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I puree some veggies in with the tomato sauce to get extra servings in, plus the normal veggies diced into the sauce.

Reading assignment to write on the Psalms (can't remember which ones offhand), along with a small paper on the prestige of the temple in 2nd temple Judaism. I am lucky my homework pretty much IS Bible study!

xoxo
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #122  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

this afternoon is the Dedication and Grand Opening of our community center at church...

some of you may remember praying for us a little over a year ago. It is really cool....awesome kitchen - youth group room with games - gymnasium - classrooms and offices - music room - yoga room for Angie and more....

It will be a place for not only our church members can go but also members of the community...

I will tell you all about it later...

Be good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #123  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LAURIE ~ those are great ideas; I often pray and sing in my shower; and do devotions with my morning coffee too. Those of you with really busy lives have to make the most of precious moments. How bout praying on the way to work or on the bus or while walking or doing exercises? GOD's ears are open 24-7 ...

GARY ~ we want pics; we want pics!!!

PINK ~ ^prayers^ going up that you will feel much better today: sometime TOM can be a real pest. Make sure that you are getting enuff to eat too ...

We had a great day; started out with lots of and lasted most of the day. Had roasted veggies and chicken pieces for dinner tonight; found some in the freezer that needed cooking up. Want to use up all the older stuff before buying anymore. Spent some time hunting down new recipes just to have some more variety, and found some good ones to try out.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE and all our MIA's ~ hope you all have a wonderful week and a Marvellous Monday tomorrow -- and take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-18-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Great reminder that it IS okay to multitask - in terms of prayers/devotions and shower, etc. I talk to myself in the shower or sing anyway - why not pray?

Pink, prayers for you. Take care of yourself! =)

Gary, the community center sounds really neat! I will second Rosebud's request for pics.

Today was very serene for me... I wish every day could be like this but school and work tend to be major stressors most days. Mostly work. This morning I pulled out of the garage to go to church and thought, "wow, what a beautiful day!" I know this was a genuine thought, because I hadn't had any coffee yet I know I have to stay here and finish this degree - I've become very sure that it is God's will for me - so I better learn to enjoy it at least for a few months!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #125  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

The dedication of the new Community Life Center was outstanding! Our church was packed...you would have thought it was Easter

We had a brief service and prayer, kids sang some songs, then we headed over to the gym where we packed that...Angie and I sat in the bleachers...at the top....only 3 rows high but the entire length of the building. We had tables and chairs on the gym floor too. In the gym the mayor spoke and a few others then we had a great video of the history of our church up to yesterday...way cool.....Angie and I even made the video... Well at least our names at the end of it...ahhh....the rewards of chairing church committees

I saw your requests for pictures and as soon as they come up I will tell you where to get them. I know they will be in facebook but Angie does that and not me. We didn't take any but I can. Angie has her room picked out for yoga...she can have pretty much any room she wants since she only needs it a few hours a week...after the regular day business of the church and school. She has several options...with or w/o windows...big or small room or one big one with a divider option. She is a Happy Camper

Our youth director, Chris, is a super young man. He is an "idol" of my son's....he coached/assisted both my son and daughter in all their sports 5th-8th grade and they played in a church basketball league together when my son was in high school...Chris and others would come watch him play high school ball from time to time too. I mentioned to my son that there was going to be an open gym night each week...told him he should swing by and check out "what could have been"....he told me..."are you kidding me pops...I'm gonna be down there with Chris all the time"

As I was watching the video and seeing the excitement the youth were having waiting to "play" on the court and in the youth center I have to tell you I had tears in my eyes...tears of joy....You see there were hopes that the gym would be built for the years my son and daughter went to school and youth group there...I have been sending in those "new building" envelopes for over 25 years To see it finally happening was such a wonderful feeling for me...that's the "what could have been"....the what is...is...

My son will still get to play basketball there...and help with the youth...my daughter has a facility now to teach the little ones her "LEAP GYM" stuff..Learn Exercise And Play...my daughter in law will be able to teach the girls dance and cheer leading things....and Angie is able to teach her yoga...a ministry she really believes in....

The what could have been...IS NOW!

and it is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely wonderful!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #126  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

LOL!!

OK...I was watching the "ANGEL" game and thinking...between keeping dinner going...that I forgot to tell you the focus of the sermon and dedication was building the future...

How people built our original church (which we just tore down to build the gym) in 1961 and how growth led to us building the church we are in now, next to it, in 1983....and how our vision and growth has led to the Life center...to continue God's message of making disciples of all nations....

Anyway I thought I would throw that in....then I decided to re-do my avatar picture and signature...as I was looking through one of my Bibles for a verse I pulled out a 2 page program.

it was the program for the dedication ceremony of the sanctuary we are in now built in 1983!!

Yep I was there for that one too...cool...way cool.....
Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #127  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Gary - thanks for the update on the dedication. It is a wonderful answer to all those prayers. What a wonderful facility to carry out God's mission and ministry!

Rosebud - good reminders - as always about prayer. You ARE our prayer warrior here!

Pink - prayers continuing for you!

Iris - You can make it through the next few months of school! Prayers ascending!

A quick post tonight. DS1's sermon was posted online and I spent most of my online time tonight listening. I'm a proud Mama tonight

I hope everyone had a blessed beginning of their week.

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #128  
Rosebud

GARY ~ that is really awesome; to give to a project for so long and see it to fruition some 25 YEARS LATER ... and your whole family will not only get to share in it, but help others who pass thru the doors too -- that is way cool, indeed. You had a great vision, as have all those who built that place. We built a new center here too; and man, it wasn't ez getting by all the naysayers who only see $$$ signs.

All too often $$$ block people's vision -- those that believe in these kinds of projects are dreaming of a healthy future for their families, as well as their community's families for many generations to come. It would be nice to see dance classes and yoga classes and LEAP gym for kids here too; I hope that happens for us. This winter we are hosting a World Hockey Tournament and some players from Russia, Finland, and the Chech will be coming here to see and play in our new center; it should be awesome too ...

We had a busy day; went up town to find a few things we needed and got lots of walking in today -- my feet are a bit sore for it though, but I will rest tomorrow. I spent some time making pumpkin decos today; and we brought in the rest of our Christmas stuff as some were in danger of gettin wet. I am going to go thru all the boxes and downsize, keeping only the stuff we really use each year; the rest will be donated. I wanted to start at this before all the snow piles up outdoors.

THANKS, LAURIE ~ that's really nice that your son's sermon was posted online; so, you are allowed to be a proud mom!

Anyways, ate well today (credit moi); got lots of walking in (kudos for that); and got lots of stuff to do this week to keep us busy. Just wanted to pop in for a bit then time to go have a shower and relax. Take good care people and hope you have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW!!! ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue as always ...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #129  

CD, that's great that your son's sermon was posted!

Pink, how are you doing? Prayers for you and your schoolwork. I can sympathize with the stress!

Gary, that's so neat about the new center at your church - sounds like it has everything you could need! There is a baptist church in my hometown that has a facility kind of like that - I forget what they call it - but it was such a Godsend for my friend and her daughter because she could send her daughter to activities there after school while she was working. (They're Christian but not Baptist, but it is open to the whole community). Prayers that the new center will reach many people and be a blessing to them!

Rosebud, how true about money. I'm glad you were able to get your center built!

The Bible study I was going to go to last night... I did not. They announced that the location was changing and I couldn't get in touch with the girl hosting it to find out which apartment it was in. I'm a little discouraged that she didn't respond to my message BUT I know it wasn't anything personal and I will try to go next week.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I just lost a long post...you will get the abbreviated one now

IRIS ~ Glad you are staying...hope it works out next week with Bible study...

ROSEBUD ~ great job on walking....we downsized last year...kids got a bunch of Christmas stuff...

SCOOTER ~ very cool to hear your son's sermons! Does he post them on a website?

PINKFLAMINGO ~ Hope you feel better...glad the church is welcoming you!

HELLO TO TRISH ~ BARGOO ~ RYANNE ~ BOOTSIE ~ KAREN ~ AGS ~ RONNI ~ WILMA ~ SUGA ~ COURTNEY ~ GODS TEMPLE ~ AND ALL!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, Just thought that I would pop in here this evening and Hi! Things have been really busy here but going great. My Aunt is doing fantastic! The Dr. said she can begin driving again but to make them short trips for right now. She is already chomping at the bit to get back to work!

I thought that I would post a couple pictures of the pool now. I went ahead and put one from day one and also one from yesterday. We are filling it now and they will be coming tomorrow to hook up the plumbing if it doesn't rain. Once that is done they will winterize it and then cover it and I will try to sit back and wait for April or May when I can uncover it and get ready for swimming! It sure doesn't even look like the same "hole" in the ground! I'm pretty excited. What do you think of the liner---I can't believe it is going to take 20,563 gallons of water to fill it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2478.jpg (46.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2559.jpg (35.8 KB, 5 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #132  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Rosebud - on the walking!

Karen - awesome pictures! That pool came out so beautifully! I love the tile!

Iris - bummer about the Bible study - hopefully it will work out next week.

Hi to everyone else!

A busy day again today - at least these crazy days go fast. I WAS able to walk today (didn't need the car during the day) so I got in about 5 miles

Blessings to all, and prayers ascending!

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #133  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks Scooter...I will listen to it tomorrow!

back to the game....
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #134  
Rosebud

HELLO PEOPLE ~ we had a mixed bag of weather today but it was nice, some sun and cloud and a tiny bit of rain or something like it for only a few minutes. We had to go up town again for some things we forgot: DH's mustard ... oh dear, we can't go without that becuz he puts it on EVERYTHING: sandwiches, hamburgers, and hotdogs, etc. So I also picked up a few other things and took advantage of the opportunity to get in some more walking.

In the afternoon, the was out more, so I was able to plant some more flower bulbs: put in three rows of varying sizes and kinds of crocuses and other wildcover flowers plus some more tulips and daffodils, and some other ones I can't remember all the names of. It should look pretty come next spring. I filled up one garden section; that leaves one more for veggies next year; and the last section will have taller perennial bushes and plants, which I have seeded, so we'll see if they come up or not. I still have some bulbs left, so I may plant some along the front of the house too.

KAREN ~ that pool looks AWESOME; love that liner ... looks so exotic and almost like there is water in it already. I bet it will be so peaceful for mind, body, and spirit. I don't blame you for being excited one bit ...

LAURIE ~ I will try to listen to your son's sermon; hope I can as my computer is a bit older (a Pentium III), but I'll try ... thanks for sharing the link! Gonna try downloading the MP3 version ... oh, I was able to listen to the streamlined version with the newer version of flashplayer that was provided there too.

I think that he did very well -- interesting comparison between then and now; and how self-righteousness seems to evolve and can take on so many forms; a good reminder of what we are really called to: to share GOD's love and light with others. Glad I was able to listen to it ...

GARY ~ that happened to me once this past week too ... aaarg! Hope the game was good ...

An ambulance just flew by with lights flashing; sent up prayers for patient, family, and doctors. Just takin' it ez tonight; sore feet from the walking and gardening, but I'm glad I did it anyways.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD prayers continue ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-21-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #135  

EZ, I like the daily devotion you posted today. Last Friday we were talking about literary criticism of the Bible. This is clearly something different, but I like to hear what highly educated people (nonbelievers) are saying about religion, the Bible, etc. and have some responses for it.

Rosebud, sounds like you will have a beautiful garden in the spring! I loved seeing the crocuses come up when I was living in PA... the promise of spring breaking through the cold ground! Here in the desert we don't plant things like this, too dry, but I think some of the things like the cactus flowers show that beauty.

CD, I want to set aside some time to listen to your son's sermon. The "very liberal" caveat actually makes me more interested - I am a quite liberal Christian myself.

I'm currently deciding on coursework for the spring semester. Technically I am DONE with courses and just need to finish my research and present on my internship, so the plan was to take it easy next semester. But as usual, there are too many things I am interested in! Also I think it is good for me to have the structure of classes I need to go to at a certain time - otherwise I am left to my own devices (I also set my own work schedule) and things get a bit out of hand.

As such - I want to take another semester of biostatistics and epidemieology, but there is also a seminar on Geriatrics (I worked in a nursing home before returning to school and want to go in to primary care) that sounds really interesting, the applied epidemiology course I'm taking now that is repeatable (we do local outbreak investigations)... oh, and I was strongly considering taking another undergrad-level organic chemistry course to strengthen my med school apps! Clearly this is too much. SIGH!

Sorry for the grad school ramble - I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Blessings to all