Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #166  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly in. Crazy busy hours at work again this week.
Iris - prayers ascending!

Gary - Yeah - DH is very blessed. Working for a non-profit hospital has been trying over the years - about 30-40% less money than in retail, but the job IS stable

Same with me in the school district - we are definitely counting our blessings!

Everlasting glad you joined us! I hope you post often so we get to know you!

Prayers continuing for all!
Blessings!!!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #167  
Quit counting at 45!

I have no idea how the pics enlarged like that. It was a total accident on my part. I just went into the manage attachements and downloaded them from my computer.

DH's surgery went well. He'll be in the hospital for a few days so I'll be spending my evenings there with him. He is in a lot of pain right now but is looking forward to a better quality of life when this is all over. Thanks to those who prayed.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #168  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI WILMA ~ glad to hear that your DH's surgery went well; and will send up some prayers for pain relief for tonight as well ...

Re: the pics -- maybe it depends on the kind of camera you use or the type of pic files you have with your program; I guess it could be one of several things ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hi everyone! Thanks for the prayers for my friend who was in the bike accident. She is doing ok but waiting to see if she will be able to leave the country next week as planned - she's a grad student and was supposed to be doing research in South America.

Hi, Wilma! I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well. =)

Laurie I hope you are getting through your crazy work week without too much stress!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #170  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!

Wilma-glad you had a nice trip! Praying for your DH.

Gary-prayers for your tooth issue, as well as for the upcoming surgery. Glad you had a nice time with your daughter!

Iris-prayers for your friend, and glad it wasn't worse.

Everlasting-welcome!

Rosebud,Bargoo, and everyone else-

We've just been busy, busy, but don't ever really seem to get anything accomplished. DH is at his mom's right now, as she had knee replacement surgery yesterday. He had to take care of the dog and cats, but will be able to come home this afternoon, so he can go to DS2's football game tonight (1st sub-state play-off game). Team's undefeated again this year, but sometimes that's a bad thing, as they don't get much competition from the other teams in our district and then they have a harder time in the play-off games. The state championship has been within reach the last couple years, I guess, but they just haven't made it the whole way. So, we'll just keep cheering them on!

My dad has found that drinking a malt on his way to work after his radiation treatment helps him be able to swallow for the rest of the day, so he's been able to eat solid food again this week. I'm amazed, as he hadn't even been able to swallow mashed potatoes last week. He's halfway done now, so hoping for the best. I did send him a letter and the book "He did this just for you". I know he got them, but he hasn't said anything more about it. I just continue to pray for him to be open to the Spirit.

Not much else to share. Hope you all have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #171  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Boy is it windy here today. Angie is out taking a jog/walk in it. She gets her yoga in that's for sure but hasn't taken the dogs for walks, since I have been doing it with so many short days at work. She says she needs some cardio. So windy here the dogs didn't even want to go!

Had to make a Lowes and Home Depot run today...can't believe the Christmas stuff is already out...wow...not even Halloween yet.

Thank you all for the "blessings" on my tooth My dentist has been trying to save it for a few years now...just one of those things...at least I have all my others...well...except for the one that is bridged.

RONNI ~ Good news for the boy and football game. Glad your dad seems to be doing OK at least...prayers continue for salvation!

WIMA ~ Glad to hear DH's surgery went well. Enjoy that hospital food

IRIS ~ Glad your friend wasn't hurt anymore than she was.

ROSEBUD ~ Good to hear your brother is doing better.

SCOOTER ~We always have blessings to count...we see that more the older we get...even in the tough times..

HELLO EVERYONE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #172  

Hi all, hope you are well!

Gary, I had the same problem with an upper molar a couple years ago. I was so bummed to have it finally pulled after going through all sorts of procedures to save it. Actually, other than being a space to entertain my tongue - it hasn't been bad at all.

Ronni - prayers continuing for your family, so much going on - prayers fro strength for you as well.

Iris - prayers continuing for your friend's healing!

Wilma - prayers ascending for your DH!

Not much new here - work is the same. DS2 is still attending his classes (thank you all for your prayers - and please continue). MAYBE this time things will finally click for him.

I started a new weight routine and injured my elbow. Lots of pain, and limited movement - so - prayers would be appreciated.

So many schools here closed for H1N1. Of course WE aren't closed - we are the only school in the area still open. Thankfully, we haven't reached a critical number of sick kids yet.

Prayers continue for everyone!

Blessings to all!

Laurie
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #173  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ it took me ages to be able to get in here and post tonight; had a problem with a big ad on the main page that was freezing up my pc and internet page; took me three tries and a delay before I could finally get in here and post ...

We didn't get the sun they promised but at least it didn't rain or snow today; just a dull, gray overcast but it could have been much worse. It actually got up to 5C today ... woo-hoo ... spent a lot of time on my feet walking around here so I didn't bother going out tonight as my feet were already hurting by dinner time.

Had a busy day as we started to work on putting up our Christmas lights; we actually wanted to put them up for Hallowed Eve. Couldn't find enuff orange bulbs, so we used yellow instead and that really brightened things up on our front porch; we will finish up tomorrow by putting up the pumpkin men I made today. That took us all afternoon by itself.

RONNIE ~ thanks for the update on your Dad; so glad that he found a way to help his throat feel better so that he could eat. When you say MALT, do you mean cold beer or something else; that is good info to know for those who may be going through a similar thing. What brave souls going thru all that; and he still goes to work afterwards ... GOD BLESS HIM INDEED! ^Prayers^ continue ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for all your concerns here as well ... Laurie's DS2, Iris's friend, Wilma's DH, all those kids sick with H1N1 and so forth!

NOTE: I am supposed to have a root canal on November 2nd; that has been a concern to me too -- to go thru all that and then just have to have it removed anyways. I think I am going to have another talk with that dentist when I go. I also have another appointment late in the month for a couple of fillings ~ it is the drilling that bothers me more than anything else. I would appreciate prayers becuz the drilling makes me nauseous for some reason ... thanks!

Made boneless center pork chops and a nice mix of steamed veggies and rice for dinner tonight; it turned out really good. I must have been tired too becuz after I put my legs up at only 8:30 pm, I nodded off after reading a bit until about 11:15. Our NIKO came out to check on me and was laying near the sofa, then started playing games with my feet and that woke me up ...

Tomorrow, we hope to get the rest of the decos done out front, so that will keep us busy again. Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow too; take good care of you and yours ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-29-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #174  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning all!

DH update: He is doing better. His pain is lessening but he is very uncomfortable. He is not to move his left arm at all and he cannot adjust himself in the bed. Being in one position like that is really hard on the tailbone. thanks for your prayers. We know we can feel them.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #175  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!- At least, it must be a good one somewhere....here, it's cold, dark, raining, thundering, and just generally gloomy and miserable. Oh, well, at least the team won the game last night, so on to the next play-off round, which, fortunately, will be another home game for us-yay!

Rosebud-the malt my dad drinks is no longer beer, as he's become allergic to alcohol. I told him it was God's way of getting him to quit (he's been an alcoholic since I was young). A malt here is similar to a milkshake, only they add malt powder to the ice cream and milk. It makes me sick, but many people, including dad and DH, love them. So, he has a chocolate malt after his radiation treatments and, apparently, it's still working. He was planning on Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner yesterday! The doc also said they are reducing the "shooting" area of radiation, because the tumor is getting smaller. Hoping dad can see God's hand in all of this, you know.

Wilma-praying for your DH (and you, too!)

Well, must go take care of a couple things. There's finally an H1N1 shot clinic today, so DS3 can get immunized, but only him, as it's only for ages 2-18 with other medical conditions, so none of the rest of us qualify. Hoping they get the stuff out to us soon as there's a lot of people infected with it here.

Have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Rosebud, yikes, root canal! That doesn't sound pleasant... prayers that it will go well and not be too painful.

CD, prayers for your healing and for your husband's as well, Wilma and your dad, Ronni.

Gary, how is your sister doing? Has she started chemo yet? I'm continuing to pray for her.

I got the H1N1 nasal vaccine Tuesday - b/c I work in healthcare I was eligible. We have plenty of cases but luckily no recent school closings around here - still, I think it may hit later in the season.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #177  

For those having trouble getting past the main page:
Bookmark this thread, and then you can always come straight here

Rosebud - prayers for your root canal! I've had several, and they aren't too bad - just remember to ice your jaw afterward to reduce the swelling.

Wilma - prayer continuing for both of you!

Ronni - prayers for your dad. I like malts - and I LOVE malted milk balls Takes me back to my childhood for sure!

Iris - thanks for the prayers!

A better day today. Work was very productive and our school is closing tomorrow. Parent paranoia is reaching fever pitch. We don't have that many kids out sick, but all the other schools around us are closed, so parent pressure won the day.

Actually, it is a blessing for me - a quiet day without my phone ringing off the hook. And, the whole central office staff agreed to wear blue jeans and gold shirts (our school colors) in honor of the football playoff game on Saturday. It should be a more relaxing day than normal.

I'm afraid that we are getting Ronni's weather tomorrow But, maybe it will be nice for the kids on Saturday.

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings

Laurie
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #178  
Rosebud

WILMA ~ glad to hear your DH is improving; will continue to pray for complete healing and restoration, as well as comfort for him as well ...

RONNIE ~ that was so cute and probably true what you told your Dad about the alcohol: that GOD did that so he couldn't drink anymore (PTL -- for that victory)! I am going to pray that for my middle brother: he has not drank for almost two years now, but I am going to pray that if he ever does try to drink again, that the Holy Spirit will make him sick so he can't drink it ... tsk, tsk, aren't we naughty! Hey, I'll try whatever works to keep our loved ones away from those terrible addictions ... thanks for the idea. Oh, Praise GOD -- that the tumor is shrinking; I will pray that will continue until it is all gone. Good to know about the malt shakes (I knew it had to be one or the other) for those who take the radiation, esp for the throat. We had a friend who had that same kind of cancer, as did one of my grandfathers.

THANKS, LAURIE ~ Geepers, you gals are giving me the WILLIES ... I am going to be so nervous about that now, as I have never had one before. I asked the dentist if it was painful and he said, "no" it's not like it used to be in the past, but he didn't look me in the eye when he said it! I told DH I am not sure I want to have it. I have had teeth pulled and I never felt a thing. One of my Aunts said she had many root canals and never had any problems at all; so I thought I'd consider it, but I am having second thoughts about it, becuz I do have a wisdom tooth that could come down and replace it ... hmmm. I have been vascillating and praying about what to do for several days; and I think that you all have helped me make up my mind to go with my gut feeling which is to have it pulled ... so thanks!

IRIS ~ yes, DH and I are considering a flu vaccine for the very first time this year; my doctor says that becuz of our ages (51 and 61 respectively) -- that we should have them from now on. I didn't know that they had developed a vaccine for the H1N1 virus already, but I am glad to hear they have. We lost a teenage boy in a city near us; and a young lady from here (only 30 y/y) died of that virus as well, but she was living in Montreal at the time, and also had other health problems too. Yes, people are getting very nervous about this virus and are swamping our emergencies ...

Had a good day; no rain and that's nice -- hope it stays that way for Halloween for the kiddies' sakes. We got all our decos up but it took us all day; and they look great. Took some pics of them too. My feet are very sore from all the walking today; no need for extra today. We had a fun dinner tonight -- DH picked up some homemade fries and gravy , while I made us each a hamburger on a whole wheat bun (no avocados, I'm afraid) ...

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-29-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #179  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

watching the World Series....son just came by and dropped off 3 bags of chips...like I really need that! His friend drives for a major chip supplier....they take all the chips that are ready to expire and toss them..or give them away...they can't give them to homeless shelters because "they are expired"...but they are still fine...maybe not totally fresh but plenty good enough to eat...Angie will be taking doritos and bbq lays to school tomorrow!

Angie is off at church teaching yoga...moved to Thursday nights.

Knucklehead and I have been texting back and forth all day on plane tickets...he had to borrow some more cash out of an account I have for himmmmaaarrrggghhh...wink....he will pay it back...oh yeah...HE WILL!! If I don't save it for him no one will....He is one of those kids that will always have an "emergency"....Uncle Gary is a pretty good guy but not a doormat...Luckily he has no idea how much I have in his account...he thinks it's just a few hundred...wrong....I was able to put a little away each week for him towards college...it added up...he didn't go to college so instead of giving it to him in a lump sum (which would be all gone by now) I allow him to borrow from the account...and pay back what he borrowed before he can borrow more...he still owes it $400...and now he needs $$$ to fly home for Christmas...I am making an exception this time...because I wanna see the little turkey!

SCOOTER ~ Angie always gets to wear levis on Fridays...with her school shirt. She was dressed "clash" today...yesterday it was jammies day....something all week...enjoy your time off of parents/kids!

IRIS My sister is doing OK...she had her first bout of chemo on Monday. I hope your Halloween is fun...come over here and join Angie and I for trunk or treat...wink

RONNI ~Prayers for good weather and good wishes for the team tomorrow!

WILMA ~ Glad DH is doing better with the arm...sounds very hard to keep it still though...doctors told me no coughing or sneezing when I come home from the hernia operation....riiiiight....I have dogs...hairy hairy dogs!

ROSEBUD ~ LOL...my mutts wake me up to put them to bed if I fall asleep in my chair and Angie is gone! Pork chops sound good, haven't had those in a wile...having leftover pork loin from a month or so ago tonight...food sure lasts a long time here w/o those kids!

In fact better go start those mashed potatoes...

BE GOOD GALS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #180  
Rosebud

HI FOLKS ~ well, I wish I could say that we got the sunshine they had promised but it didn't show; instead it was dark and rainy this AM. We waited til after lunch to go shopping and that was good idea becuz just as we left the rain stopped and didn't rain again til we got home ... gee, thanks GOD; appreciate that!

Sure walked my feet off today; picked up some awesome deals today. Got to the store and they had some lovely center rib roasts on for only $1.00 lb (and No, that's not a typo), so I bought a nice big one for Christmas and a couple more for other times. We ordered a special wall heater for our bathroom as we have a central furnace here and that room needed something to take the edge off in the winter when we have our bath/showers. It looks great and we can mount it on the wall too.

So we had a great day and now it's time to rest and have a nice hot cuppa tea; our lights and decos look great out there. The winds have been a bit tuff on them; we had to go out tonight and fix some that got tossed around too much. They just have to last for one more night. We are expecting only about 25 kiddies as many go to church and community parties these days, but we have stuff for those who still like to comb the neighbourhoods.

I talked to my dentist's office today and they are quite OK with my decision to have that tooth pulled instead of a root canal. I have been battling to keep my wisdom teeth all these years just for this type of situation; now is the time to take advantage of that decision. My DH says that he doesn't blame me; that is why he had his all pulled.

My brother also told me recently that he had to have every tooth removed this year that had a root canal done. He is only 54 and said he spent an aweful amount of money on them only to have to have them all pulled out anyways (just like our Gary here). My biggest problem is that dental work makes me ill; and so I am glad to finally make a decision that best suits me and my situation.

We found out today that our gov is offering H1N1 vaccines in our area this month; I just have to find out when I can have it done as I am getting a tooth removed on Monday, but they have 6 days available in all. Plus we are supposed to get the regular flu vaccine done too, so I have to ask the dentist and doctor about that one too.

Hope you all have a great weekend; and take good care of yourselves ...ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-31-2009 at 04:00 PM.