Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #151  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - another crazy day in northern MI. But, the weather is glorious, and only 9 more days until VACATION!!!!

I am so thankful that I did all the cooking over the weekend. It is GREAT to have OP, healthy food to take for lunch, and be able to pop something in the microwave after working a 12 hour day

Hope you are all having a good day. Prayers are continuing for all!

Great to see Wilma and Courtney back with us again - we missed you guys!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #152  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YES, it is nice to have WILMA & COURTNEY drop by today; we know that you both are busy working hard. Glad to hear that you are both well though ...

LAURIE ~ that is a great idea to make some meals ahead and freeze them. Tonight I made Creole Patties (or Exeter Stew, which is the old English name) and have some leftover to freeze for lunches or dinners.

Had a good OP day and alternated with indoor exercises and toning for today; yesterday maybe did a bit too much walking, so my feet and legs are a tad sore. Did get my light housechores done though ...

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #153  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wilma and Courtney back in the same day?...oh my...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #154  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! And, yes, it's nice to hear from Wilma and Courtney-I'd been wondering about you both! Sounds like absolutely everyone is busier now than even in the summer...will keep that in my prayers, so no one gets overly tired, run-down and falls victim to all those nasty little germs prowling around.

It's going to be a busy day here, too, as today's my turn at cooking for the football players. The other mom is roasting pork loins and bringing corn, I have to bake 50 potatoes and made the BBQ sauce, and the 4 junior moms are making bars and bringing milk and applesauce, as well as potato toppings. Should be a yummy meal!

Oh, one thing I forgot to tell everyone, but I know someone's been praying for the situation with my sil and the funeral bills--after a big blow-up on Saturday between her and my DH, she finally said she'll take the insurance money and pay the funeral bill in full (as that's what fil had intended, but she had become greedy). She's not happy and has "disowned" all the rest of us, but really, that's what we need right now-some distance from her and her problems. So, thank you for keeping this in your prayers-it's a great relief to not have to figure out where to come up with the money to pay our "share" of fil's funeral.

Well, gotta get moving, so I won't forget to take something along for this dinner. Have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I am so sorry things are not better for you than they seem Ronnie , I went through the same thing with my sister. I hate the greed people seem to get during these times. It is good to see Wilma and Courtney back. They say it is going to rain again today hope so!
50 baked potatoes! You are going to be dreaming about potatoes!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #156  
Rosebud

HIYA FOLKS ~ Lotsa good news tonight -- we now have our car fixed up and it is running better than ever. Turns out the problem was the wiring connecting the spark plugs; we put new ones on anyways. Now the jerking has totally stopped.

DH did a favor for someone and helped him with his vehicle (the body part, which used to be his trade), and the man not only paid for the parts we needed, but helped DH fix our car too -- isn't that great? GOD is good; and so answered all our prayers about this car!!!

We also got a call that our glasses were ready; so we went up and picked those up today. There was a bit of a mistake with DH's -- as they forgot to put in the bi-focal; but they will fix that up and call us. I now have to get used to my bi-focals, that I don't have to bend down my head to look over the top to see everything else.

You know, they are perfect for seeing far; perfecting for seeing close, but I guess they can't do anything for the mid-range, where you guessed it, is right where my PC screen is!!! So I have to use my old glasses for reading my screen. I must look pretty funny with my regular bi-focals around my neck and another pair of glasses on my face; maybe kind like a mad professor or something like that ... or Mrs. Frankelstein ... No, no -- not that bad! Ha!

We had a lovely dinner tonight of Wild Pacific Salmon poached in lite Ceasar Dressing (mixed with equal amount water) for 20 minutes; along with rice and mixed veggies. I like this salmon as it is nice and mild tasting, so we will be having this again. Very on plan today (credit moi).

I also did all my toning and strengthening exercises today; I do 30 minutes of toning work when I first wake up, then I do some more in the afternoon, and did some dancing this evening for aerobics. We also did a bit of walking today as well; so very good on all fronts -- kudos for that!!!

RONNI ~ like I said in another thread; I am so glad to see that issue resolved for you. I'm sure in time, your SIL will come to her senses and learn to appreciate her family more; and if she doesn't, she is the one who stands to lose much more ...

We had most of the day today, but the did peak out around dinnertime and that was nice for us; but the trees really did need the rain too. Hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY tomorrow; and take good care of yourselves too! ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-24-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #157  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning! I'm still pretty new here and would like to join the group.
I'm 27 yrs old, I'm living my life for Christ, I'm on this weight loss journey again, I live in Brooklyn, NY and work and go to school full time. No hubby, no kids.....love to travel!
Hope to get to know you all better!
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #158  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Imdedicated- We're always glad to have new people join our little group! I've found a lot of help and support here and I'm sure you will too.

Rosebud-isn't that just the way God works!? When we least expect it, someone comes along with the help we need. So glad your car issues are taken care of.

Hello to all! The dinner went very well last evening. We had more football players come than had gone to the last few weeks' dinners, so had more there for the pastor's blessing And, there were absolutely no behavior issues or disrespect (I guess at a couple of the dinners, there had been some food throwing and the parents were very upset, as I would have been). In fact, every single boy thanked each one of us parents personally as he went through the line, so someone must have had a 'talk' with them! Then, a couple of the dads were able to come too, so clean-up was a lot easier than anticipated and my boys, who I thought had left, snuck back in while we parents were eating and cleaned up all the tables, took out trash, and reset the chairs and tables that had been used for food. Just made me glad to see them pitch in and work together to help us old folks out!

Now, I'm really tired, and the rain we've had all night and this morning is just making me want to go back to bed(I sure hope you're getting the rain too, Bootsie!), but I suppose I need to accomplish something here today, even if it's just washing dishes. So, I'd better get going...You all have a great day!

Last edited by ronni62; 09-25-2009 at 10:20 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #159  
I'm his Princess!

Thanks for the welcome! Call me Cle...
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Cle! I love it here hope you do too!
Rosebud I could hardly wait to get here to tell you . One of the girls on here, directed me to where to find some lettuce seed that was not bitter and they have a forum there talking nothing but gardening and I am learning so much from them! I hope the site let's me post it here. http://rareseeds.com/ and click on their forum Alright looks like they are going to let me.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All! Just wanted to let you know DH and I went to counseling yesterday and things really seemed to go well. I give kudos to the counselor as she was not biased at all, even though she had been working with me for three months already. She asked both of us some rather pointed questions and then gave us some homework for the weekend. We're to work on our house together. Personally I hope it jogs his memory how good we've had it and gets him back home soon. Our anniversary is coming up next month and I want to celebrate it, not mourn it. Thanks for all your prayers. God has truly blessed me, no matter how this turns out.

Cle I've only been here a short time myself but these folks are very supportive, not just for weight loss but for life itself.

Ronni - I cannot imagine cooking for fifty football players and having them over! The thought alone overwhelms me. Glad it all went well. Also know that with time things with your SIL will likely settle down. My prayers are with you.

Now I have to display my ignorance. What does OP stand for? I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. My daughter and I are off for camping, just the two of us. Should be something to see!
Phoenixk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #162  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Cle So glad you joined us! The folk here are the BEST encouragers - they are awesome!!!

Phoenix - OP means "on plan". POP means "perfectly on plan".

Here is a great list of acronyms for 3FC - of course there are lots of other ones around here too!

Ronni - oh, my - I can barely cook for the 3 of us! How daunting! You deserve some rest this weekend!

Rosebud - good news about the car. Oh, I feel your pain with the bi-focals. Since my job is on a computer all day, I finally had to go with the progressive (multi-focal) lenses. I was forever changing my glasses

Glad it is Friday! And a beautiful one here in northern MI. I love fall!

Hope everyone has a blessed and fun weekend!

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 09-25-2009 at 05:32 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Laurie, thanks for the acronym list. I kinda thought that was what it meant but for some reason it just didn't seem right to me.

I can relate with ya'll about the glasses. I've been making do with my reading glasses but the doctor said it's time to get real ones and he wants me to get progressive lenses. I spend a lot of time on the computer as well. I can't get over how much these little things cost!
Phoenixk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #164  
I'm his Princess!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #165  
Rosebud

WELCOME ... Princess CLE ~ we are glad to have new people join us; the more the merrier, we say ... wow, you have a busy life working and studying full time!

LAURIE ~ I didn't even know there was anything other than single or bi-focals until today; in England they have something called 'vari-focals' and you have 'progressive multi-focals' ... wow, I was thinking -- how do you get used to many focals? I find it odd right now trying to get used to two, but I just got them the other day!

PHEONIX ~ yes, glasses are very expensive and we are lucky our insurance pays for them; and the company that made my frames waves the extra fee for disabled persons: GOD bless 'em (Peachtree) for that; and there are a few other companies that do that too.

BOOTSIE ~ thanks for that link to the rare seeds site; looks very interesting indeed.

RIGHT ON, RONNIE ~ and look what those boys did for the parents; they did something nice in return for the lovely meal, and what a blessing that was for everyone as well!

Did light housechores this AM; went visiting this afternoon in the country; had a quick dinner (I had a chicken burger with a cob of corn). It was an all round good day; felt a wee bit sick after lunch but, thank GOD, it cleared itself up with a bit of water and distraction.

We also had a glorious fall day; great for a drive in the country as the trees are changing color -- love that! Hope you all have A SUPER-DUPER SATURDAY, and a restful weekend too! TAke good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-25-2009 at 09:08 PM.