Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #136  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just a quick fly-in tonight. I've got to get things ready for another busy week.
I did get lots of cooking done today, so we won't starve this week

I'm out of town tomorrow (conference), so I may not get back until LATE on Tuesday.

Prayers are continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #137  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI FOLKS ~ well, we really had a scorcher here today; was a bit of a surprise after the cooler temps we had lately. We hybernated indoors for the afternoon (well DH did go out visiting for awhile); he can stand the really hot temps better than me. Any extremes in weather doesn't sit well with me and my body ...

We had a nice dinner tonight -- I had steak with mushrooms & onions and veggies; and DH had a boneless pork chops with veggies and new potatoes as he is skinny and a potato nut. I did more sewing and my curtains are almost done; came here to take a break before my eyes get too blurry.

Since we are still wheel-less, we are pretty much confined to the house today, except for short walks outside in the early AM; it is finally cooling down out there now and we have all the windows open to let air in. DH and NIKO are listening to music; actually, I can hear it all the way out here.

GARY ~ when DH goes to his church alone, he brings home his churche's weekly newsletter so that I can read the message on it and any current items of interest. I also can listen to local sermons on the radio here and I have my sermons from my favorite internet church sent to my box plus daily devotions as well; and I also do the Daily Bread devotions each morning too. Maybe you could arrange for something to be taken or delivered to your sister that she could read at her leisure and in the comfort of her home or hospital (wherever she may be). Just sharing some possible ideas ...

Well, not much else going on here; gonna go see if I can get those curtains done tonight. Hopefully, we get our car back tomorrow and the bill won't be too high; we have to trust GOD about that, and not worry.

Hope you all have a marvellous Monday and a blessed and peaceful week ... ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-20-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #138  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thank You ROSEBUD. We do have a church bulletin, I actually brought it home for Angie to read since she didn't go to church because of her cold. My sister was listed on the prayer list.

I receive the Daily Bread along with Portals of Prayers. Over the years I have given my sister stories, from them and my Guideposts, relating to her lupus and other ailments. Stories of hope. She never got around to reading them. She has never seemed to have an interest in church since she left.

I know if I asked her if she believed in Jesus she would say yes...If I asked her if she knew she was going to Heaven she would say yes...then she would add...Jesus died for me, and then this would follow...I have been a good person...I never killed anybody, I took care of mom and dad...etc....

She just doesn't get it...it isn't about what she did or didn't do...it's all about what HE did for us....

We will be talking much in the next few weeks...I will keep nudging her....wink....and my brother in law...who when I asked when do you think you will go back to church answered..."When God gives me enough money I don't have to work on Sunday"....

and there you have some of my family and their thoughts on religion...we all went to the same church...same time...same message....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #139  
Rosebud

Sad to share the news that our friend and mod, MEOWEE (Linda) passed away this afternoon. I had asked for prayers for her when she first shared with us that she was sick in the spring/early summer. They just found out one month ago that she had lung cancer -- hmmm ... something wrong with our testing up here in Canada, if you ask me. (Dear Lord, we need some improvements in that area, please ...)

Anyhow, we will miss Linda's great sense of humor, her knowledge and insight, her group hugs, and her AM cheers ... well, we will just plain miss her presence here ...

Here's one for Linda ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-20-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #140  
Rosebud

In honor of MEOWEE (Linda) ~ Good Morning Chickies (and our resident rooster)-- hope you have a good one. Nice and up here ... Enjoy the day!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #141  

INDEED, Linda will be greatly missed.

Prayers ascending for her family and her kitties.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Prayers Answered!

I want to thank everyone for their prayers! My husband came by this weekend and said he wants to get counseling! He's also started spending more time with my daughter and me. Thank you so much and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

I also got to visit my eldest daughter at college this weekend. We had a good time visiting and, of course, spending my money to stock up her pantry. All in all it was a great weekend.

I also want to offer my condolences to you all on the loss of your friend, Linda. I know you will all miss her.
Phoenixk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #143  

Phoenix - Wonderful! Prayers continuing for your family.

And I TOTALLY understand about having a child in college! We have gone through having one or more in school for the last 9 years (and counting).
Old 09-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #144  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

God is good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #145  
Rosebud

THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS, PHEONIX ~ like GARY says, GOD IS GOOD!!! Prayers will continue for you, your husband, and family ...

Well, we had a mish-mash of weather today; started out with lovely and cool temps, but by this afternoon, clouds rolled in and some came down all evening. That's OK cuz my flowers needed watering anyways ...

Well, we finally got our car back and not without DH getting on their cases about it too; the bill was much higher than we expected -- $500.00! That's a lot considering they didn't have to pay for the parts which were under warranty: that was all labor & taxes. So DH and I sat down and rolled coins to cover a portion of that; and there went a huge chunk of "MY" savings. I will be cutting down our budget starting next month to put that back a bit each month. We'll just have to pull in our belts a bit, that's all ...

Once we paid that off, we picked up a roll of burlap to put on the roof of our trailer; we already had purchased the fiber tar, so now we can go up and get that done as soon as we have another sunny day. We are trying to get it all ready for the winter months. DH has to cut some 2" x 4" pieces to put in the
inside to give strength to the roof from inside: these can be taken back out in the spring once all the snow is gone.

I am happy to say taht I did get those curtains done last night; and as I went along, it got faster and faster! It almost seemed like magic -- once I got into a groove. They will look really nice in our camper.

Well, today I ate pretty good (credit moi); I had a banger (large sausage) and beans with salad for dinner; and DH had his super dogs on whole wheat buns. For lunch, we had grilled cheese sandwich and I had a chicken noodle cupasoup with mine too. For breakfast, I had homemade oatmeal, to which I added some natural bran and wheatgerm. We all did some dancing tonight for extra exercise; I did get some walking and toning stuff in today too (so kudos for that) ...

Well, that's all the news for tonight; hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY tomorrow -- and please do take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ are continuing for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-22-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I stayed up and waited for Jesus to bless us with some much needed rain and it was 2AM when it started and so far we have 1.5 inches! That means we have received 4 inches so far - 6 to go!
That is great Phoenix!
Rosebud so glad you got your car back. So glad you had the money to get it back!

I don't think I had the privilege of meeting Meow sounds like I missed out on a wonderful friend. So sorry about our loss. Be praying for her family.

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-22-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #147  

Hooray for rain for Texas. Praying for those that are getting too much.

Rosebud - sorry about the repair bill. But, I'm sure you and DH will be fine. God does provide!

Another crazy busy day here - but I am blessed because we did get out for a walk tonight. I'm trying to keep things balanced ...

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
Old 09-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #148  
Rosebud

Yes, LAURIE ~ the car is back; we don't smell the gas or antifreeze anymore (yeah) but the jerking is still there. The mechanics 'think' that is the spark plugs & wires; DH will be picking them up next week and installing them himself. Lesson learned here: we will make different arrangements next time ...

BOOTSIE ~ PTL for the ... I'm sure more is coming ...

Had a good day: got my meds. Nice weather. Stayed on plan and got lots of walking in today: kudos for that! Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow -- and take good care ... ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #149  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I posted. It's been a little busy around here. We are enjoying the last few days of gorgeous weather and getting things done outside. It's been unseasonably warm here and I love it!

We've had 2 weddings to attend in the past 2 weeks also. Beautiful! Plus with all the training I'm doing at work I just haven't had time for much else.

I've been doing well with my eating and did not gain one pound during the summer. Now it's time to get back into a routine again.

I do keep all of you in my prayers. Have a good day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #150  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone. Just a quick hello today. Back to work and things are crazy. Im feeling much better though. Starting doing my 30DS and hoping that i can start getting this extra weight off. Hope everyone has had a great week so far. :-) Happy Wednesday.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote