Old 09-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #76  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Bootsie-your granddaughter is beautiful! Thanks for showing us her pic. As far as spider mites, I haven't ever seen them in the garden, but we always get a tomato blight that makes the leaves turn yellow with brown spots. I pull of the blighted branches and the tomatoes still ripen and look wonderful. I pulverize them in the blender, then cook them with celery and onions, then freeze in qt containers to use for soups, casseroles, and chili all winter. It's such a time saver!

Pattygirl-keeping you in my prayers.

Hope you all have a great weekend. We'll probably be too busy for me to get here, but you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. for everyone!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Question

Hello all.

First I want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes. I really needed a positive thing to happen this week and this forum was one of many. As for the diet, I have been less than faithful. For some reason, my energy is so down, I'm having trouble getting motivated to get out of bed, much less exercise. I have been going off an anti-depressant and think that may be to blame. However, I have adjusted my bedtime and am feeling a little more chipper today. I don't think Monday weigh in is going to be as pleasant as I had hoped

I have to say how nice it is to see such supportive posts from everybody. I would like to request a prayer from ya'll (my Georgia kickin' in). My husband and I are separated by his choice. I would just ask you to pray for him and my daughters as they seem to be drifting further and further apart and I can't seem to pull them together. I love them all and hate to see more unnecessary hurt happen out of stubbornness or depression. I would really appreciate this. In the meantime, know that you are all in my prayers.
Phoenixk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Know that you and your whole family are in my prayers. Phoenixk26 tomorrow is a new day, a new start and I am praying for Jesus to wrap his arms around you and give you the strength and the want too. When I feel this way I reach for my Bible, and ask Jesus for help, and I always feel better after reading his word.
If getting on the scales Monday Morning is going to not encourage you, don't get on them and start looking positive and take control and do the best you can with your diet then get on the scales the next Monday, if you lost great, if you had not, after working so hard , don't give up , get more determine to do what you have set out to do. I find also Kelli's Bible study helps me ,have you checked that out? It is on the board here.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Phoenix, be assured you and your family are in my prayers.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #80  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ I heard somewhere that spidermites don't like garlic; maybe make a rinse by boiling garlic in water, let it cool and spray on the plants really well. Some people plant garlic in their gardens and near roses and such for the same reason. Like someone mentioned they usually cause trouble on flower plants and that is the natural remedy for them. You must keep it up as they can spread quite quickly, so keep the infested plants away from your other plants or garden, if possible. If you can't solve it with the garlic spray, they say you should BURN IT, baby ... burn it all ...

Oh, and the flowers in the washing machine are great; I'll try to dig up the dryer drum garden pics for you too (drats, I have to resize them then I'll post some for you; OK, it's done -- look below). I asked DH where my drums were today becuz I want to plant some of those bulbs in one at our camp lot; he had to go empty it so I can use it ... He had borrowed it for his hobby. Your new baby grandaughter is adorable too!

We went up town today to pick up some more flower bulbs and I was fortunate that there were some left, so I picked up quite a few. Our little garden along the house should look pretty nice come next spring and early summer. I picked up some different kinds of tulips like pretty pink rose-tulips and daffodils /or narcissus, hyacinths, and alliums today to give us more variety to go along with our irises and gladiolus, which look very pretty, I must say.

It was another very, very hot day again today with lots of but the clouds came by and saved us by late afternoon. So then I spent some time searching perennial flowers and bushes, and discovered that some kinds of Irises can bloom twice in a season (spring and summer); so I am watching to see if the ones we have in the front yard re-bloom soon too???

PHEONIX ~ will send up some prayers for your family situation too. You have lost a good amount of weight already; just keep on, keepin' on -- good health is as good a motivator as any, in my books anyways ...

Wow, RONNIE ~ you do have your hands full; but remember that you need some rest too! I bet your DH is getting worried with all the hard work you are doing right now that you need to have some rest time too. A day off visiting on the weekend might be very refreshing too???

Thanks, TRISH ~ your prayers are very appreciated; I have been keeping an eye on DH to make sure he takes his meds and doesn't overdo it ...

We went out for lunch today as I had to wait for our pharmacy to re-open after lunch (1:30 pm); and we met up with a friend and ate with her. I just had a cheeseburger to keep on plan and it was a nice homemade one too. For dinner I just had our favorite super chicken dogs; and I had mine with some beans and stir-fried veggies, so kept on plan well today (credit moi). I also got some walking in today going around a few smaller stores (kudos for that) as well.

I am finding that the water pills are really helping the swelling stay down on my legs and feet; and I hope this continues on. I have been feeling a lot better since taking them too. I have also started taking Vitamin E and that has been noticebly helping my circulation as well. I also started taking Vitamin A to try and help my leg to heal; plus using the tegaderm pads which are a lot easier to use as well -- they cost a bit more but they are worth it.

I did some research and these two vitamins were recommended to help that as well (skin wounds). I bought some fish oil capsules and am taking them a couple times a week; but I did notice you have to watch taking them if you are taking blood thinners, so will ask my doctor about that next time I see him to be on the safe side.

to all our CE'ers and our MIA's too. Well, that is all the news from here for today; and I hope everyone has A WONDERFUL WEEKEND ... ROSEBUD ^Prayers^ continue for you and yours ...

1) Salad drum 2) basket of marigolds 3) drums and tire garden 4) spring-planted gladiolus from bulbs 5) NIKO has this very cute way of sitting like a gentleman; does this all the time -- finally caught a good one to show you all ...

Salad drums 1wb.JPGBasket of Marigolds 1aw.JPGgarden beds 2wb.JPGglad #1w.JPGour boy 2ww.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #81  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - another busy day and a fly-by. Hopefully I will have more time to post tomorrow!

Phoenix-prayers ascending!

Blessings to all!
Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #82  

Default Thanks

Rosebud - Thanks for the comment about the weight already lost. I have to tell you I had the best time today when I got compliments on a pair of jeans I bought at Target. I've gone from a size 28 to an 18. The best part is I can buy jeans for $22 instead of $45. Good thing there was some positive feedback because I just snuck in a weigh in and it's looking mighty poor for Monday. I'll manage though, just got to get back onto a schedule.

Bootsie - - Thanks for the recommendation for Kellie's Bible study. Looks good but I'll have some catching up to do
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #83  

Hi all,
Just a quick one again tonight, I have to be at the airport tomorrow at 6:30, that means getting up at about 4:00

Thanks all for your prayers for my Mom.

Pheonix, I am soooo praying for your family, I know it must be hard for you. Mad is a much easier emotion to handle than sad, and I'm sure your girls are just sad about what their dad is up to and taking it out on each other because they feel safe in doing that knowing they love each other... I know it will work out for them. It may take some time tho.

Remember in the mean time you have us. We will stand with you and support you. I have found these people here are the best at non-judgmental, loving support.

About the Diet Bible study, don't feel like you have to catch up. I think everyone is on a different day, nobody is doing the same day... And don't think you have to follow the "Diet" part either, but it does have a lot of really good Scriptures...

Well love you all and I'm taking Rosebud's prayer list on the Prayer warrior thread with me and will be praying.

Love you all,
Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #84  

Kelli praying for you a safe trip, and that you wake up at 4AM.
Phoenixk WOW! 28 to an 18! Way to go girl! That is awesome!
RoseBud you have a green Thumb! How beautiful , Oh those marigolds are beautiful and that sweet Niko love his pose! Y'all must not have fire ants????
They are bad here but I am going to try to do that with some of my tires. What all do you have planted in the barrels and tires? Is it easier to keep the weeds out and easier to water? Can you tell I am excited seeing a garden? :

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #85  

It is raining here! What a blessing! Rained 2 inches so far, just a crows fly from here 35 miles rained 14 inches! Just passing through brother is suppose to come stay with me this weekend . He does not like it when i get on the computer, so if you don't hear from me that's why.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #86  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YEAH .... BOOTSIE ~ so glad to see more falling down there; we knew it was comin' ... Thank you GOD for sending the rain to Texas and other parts. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your brother. That is a really cute pic in your avatar; how appropriate ... a hen and her chicks!

We had overcast day with a sprinkle or two (nothing you could measure though); a cooler day and that sure was nice for us. We spent the AM doing outside work; I planted those bulbs I mentioned yesterday while DH trimmed the grass along the patio stones as they were looking very untidy and needed some lovin' care ...

Couldn't believe how time flew by while doing that, but I got them all planted. I had a chair out there with me though, so I could sit down and rest often; then I sat there while watering the whole thing down really well. So with GOD's blessing, we shall have a glorious spring garden full of several kinds of tulips, daffodils & narcissus, hyacinths, alliums, and of course, the Irises in the front and the Glads further down.

RE: SALAD DRUMS & TIRE GARDENS -- The salad drum has lettuce in the center, surrounded by radishes, spinach, and the outside has mulitiplier green onion sets in a circle. The other drums had similar stuff (only romaine lettuce in one and red lettuce in another), but also cabbage starts and regular onion sets and other greens. Later, I also planted green and yellow beans in each drum amongst the onions and boy did they grow well.

We put thick cardboard on the bottom to keep the weeds out and planted the stuff really close together to keep them down: hardly had any weeds in these drums and any we had, were easily pulled out. I told DH that I would love a whole garden of these drums, if I could get enuff of them, as they are very easy to use and pick from.

We had 3 salad/veggie drums and 2 tire gardens zigzagged in front of the main garden. In this tire, we had green beans, and in the other, we had chives that come up every year. I had both regular chives and garlic chives; and I want to get some for the garden at this house as well.

The marigolds in the basket are ones that I planted myself; some were from seed and a few were seedlings I picked up real cheap. I also had baskets with petunias, and some with red geraniums, and some with pink geraniums, all of which grow really nicely (and EZ too). I picked up the starters from the nursery for those too.

They are well worth the money as they bloom all summer, and right into the fall until a hard frost gets them; or you can bring them inside (trim them down to about 7") and keep them over winter in a dark, cool place. Some people start new shoots, or just buy new ones each spring from local nurseries.

I have pictures of those too, but I can only post 5 pics at a time; and I have had to resize them several times too. I will try to post more as time goes on. The gladiolus are the bulbs I planted here in the spring and my, are they gorgeous or what? I want to get some more of those in different colors next spring, plus some double-blooming Irises for next year too.

KELLI ~ Prayers for travelling Angels for a safe and enjoyable trip to visit your mom this weekend ...

My Dad called last night for a chat and sounded in really good spirits and working hard as usual; plus got a call from my brother this afternoon too, he is feeling well but his spirits could be a bit higher. We are praying for some good news that he will be able to come home soon; maybe in October would be really nice. He says his knee is healing well, but they told him that he needs at least 6 months for it to be restored to like new.

Hope everyone else is having a restful, and peaceful, and blessed weekend ... take good care of yourselves and each other ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-12-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #87  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
Phoenix - WOW - you are doing GREAT! Keep it up! Prayers continuing for your family!

Bootsie RAIN!!!!! God is GOOD!

Rosebud - your gardens sound WONDERFUL! Beautiful AND edible

A good day here! Wonderfully balanced. DS1 called and he and his wife are doing well. His church is undergoing some change, and some stressful times, but I think it will be a growing experience for him as a pastor

Prayers continuing for all!
I hope your weekend is going well!
Blessings,

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #88  

Smile Better Days!

Hello All! Have to say today was a pretty good day. Got a lot done around the house that had been stacking up. I'm still behind on my work but at least now I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. In the afternoon, my ten year old and I spent the afternoon shopping around for fall decorations for the house. Later went to my Divorce Care group. The hardest part of the day was my daughter and I meeting my estranged husband for dinner. Instead of talking, I felt like stuffing my face with pizza to keep from saying something stupid or hateful. Actually, I had prayed to God before the dinner that He guide my words and thoughts so that I could make it through the evening with some dignity. All went well. God can work miracles. I pray daily that His will, whatever that may be, is done through me. I also pray He changes my significant other so he can see the light, make amends and return home but I'm going with whatever God sees fit for me.

Wonderful pics of your gardening Rosebud.

Kelli Thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement. One of the most aggravating things about all this is that I can't seem to really get angry, I'm just disappointed and sad about it all.

As for the rain, I know how great that can be! We have been in drought here for the last four years and have only this year managed to get the rain necessary to fix it. I especially love the rain in the fall when it's starting to turn cool. Hopefully that will eventually happen.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Last edited by Phoenixk26; 09-13-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-13-2009, 12:24 AM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Just checking in before I head off to bed.

Angie and I had a nice day today. We started with our 3.5 mile walk to Starbucks with the goldens. Then we headed off to San Diego Harbor for an outside art exhibit after she got home from bell choir practice. A really nice day with lunch at a sports bar watching some college football then looking at all the art work.

We came home and I made a pork roast for dinner next week, had a frozen BBQ Chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and watched my Trojans win a very good game

Angie went off for a teacher retirement party.

Church in the morning then off to a "street reunion" for Angie.

Prayers for all ~ Gary

I will catch up!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

It has been A MONTH since i have been here!!!! I missed you guys!

Gary - dennis got your letter...if he ever buys stamps, he can write you back he said...don't know if he has or not. but at least he thought it enough for him to tell me (a month ago!)

AGS!!!! - girl, how are you?

Laurie, Kathy, Rosebud...oh boy, i will be here all day! I MISSED YOUR "faces"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been 'gymming' it almost everyday...minus the travel i had going on and the bouts of sickness. yuk. but i bought a little black dress tonight...MEDIUM and it looks outstanding! a few things still need MAJOR toning, but SO much better!

saw dennis today and he is in good spirits. mom stressed me out...but that is my problem i need to deal with. she is who she is and i have to learn how to be around her without wanting to...well, its not nice! but does not involve physical violence lol

my 40th bday was last week....i mean, my 29th. oops. my friends threw me a party and i had a beautiful man come! after the party he and i laid in the middle of the street (no houses or cars obviously) and watched the clouds pass by the moon. it was lovely. he was a gentleman, but did give me a kiss at the end of the night! he kept looking at me like he wasn't sure what to do with me. very odd. i've had a crush on him for 7 months to the day! nice.

anyway, gotta get up and go to church with barbara...the lady that was on crack. she has been clean 60 days now!

peace and take care!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote