Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #106  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ glad you all liked the pics; I have 100's more, but I had to cut it down to a few at a time. It takes a long time to edit and down-size them for the web. The pics of the house look kinda warbly after you down-size them, but in the bigger sizes, they look normal: the siding isn't really wavey -- lol!

NITA ANN ~ glad you joined us, and I prayed for rain for your area too. Sounds like you have quite a few animals and you definitely need rain/water for them. My parents used to have goats and I have milked a few myself; we also lived on a farm when I was young and we had cows, horses, ponies, sheep, geese, chickens, and of course, dogs and many cats.

RONNI ~ you guessed right: we believe NIKO is part black labrador and border collie (black & white). He has the white stripe down his chest, just for measure. He's very intelligent: knows all his commands, but at moments he can be a tad willful (wanting to do things in his own time) ... lol! But he is very loving and cute too!

And yes, I said the same thing to DH: would love to decorate that tree with lights, but it would take a crane or something; indeed, we'd need a cherry picker, for sure! There are a handful of chickadees living in that tree and I see them every day.

LAURIE ~ yes, NIKO has grown a bit, but he's about medium-size; he lost a lot of fur in the spring, so he is actally a bit skinnier now. He may bulk up over the next year, or just grow back some of that bushy kinda of fur the collies have.

HI TO ALL; hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Take good care, YFE ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #107  

Okay, hello folks, I'm Justwant2Bhealthy's sister from southern Ontario. In order to post her I must send 10 posts. So I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I read all your daily posts and am able to keep up-to-date on my sister and what she is up to. It's actually a wonderful thing! But off I go to write 9 more posts.

Last edited by Numpster; 11-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Numpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #108  

Justwant2Bhealthy, I have fond memories of our pony SallyAnne.....do you remember? She was quite the spunky shetland pony. DH gets such a kick out of my tales about her and about riding the pigs, Betsy and poor old Jimbo!
What a menagerie of animals we had. I just loved the farm.....hated the house.....but you gotta take the good with the bad!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #109  

Justwant2Bhealthy, you need to decorate that tree. Get an extension ladder so that your DH can get up to the top. Would your landlord mind? I know how much you love Christmas. Actually my girls even at this age still love the season and it isn't about big gifts, it's about family, fun, christmas lights and just the being together thing that excites them most. Someday I'm sure they will be saved and we (DH) keep praying for their salvation. Slowly I think we are getting there. They certainly believe in God and Jesus but I'm not sure they've actually invited Him in as their Lord and Saviour. That will come.....we'll just leading by example!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:15 AM   #110  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Friends! We are freezing here this morning! Only 5 degrees F on the thermometer right now. Don't think I'll be going anywhere today even though I haven't gotten our Thanksgiving turkey yet-or anything else for that matter Not sure how many are coming, so not sure how much to buy, so I"ll just wait until Monday.

Numpster- I'm sure you know what a special place this is. Glad to have you here anytime! Sister to Rosebud, huh? Bet you have lots more stories you could tell

Nita Ann-prayers said for rain for your area. It's so hard when it gets so dry. We had drought conditions last year and earlier this year, until the rains finally came and flooded everything, so I prayed for slow, nourishing rains for you, as no one needs to go through the mess some here have had to endure. Sounds like you have a very busy life with so many animals to care for, but must be enjoyable as well!

Rosebud-Niko sounds just like our Kasey! She can be very willful-just looks away when she doesn't want to do what she's told-very similar to a couple sons I know Do you notice herding tendencies in Niko? Ours just likes to have everyone where she can keep an eye on all of us together and gets really upset when one is somewhere else-she wants all of us together all the time! She lives to fetch also-we can't even say the word b-a-l-l in her presence, but I think she's learning to spell She will also fetch plastic bottles and the tv remote! And, she loves beer! She talks sometimes, too. We've actually heard her say "I love you." It's really unbelievable and cracks me up every time!

Well, hope everyone is having a great day! And, have a great weekend too! You're all in my prayers
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #111  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Nita Ann - Glad you dropped in! Come back often! My, your ranch sounds like a busy place Post some pics when you get a chance! I've added you to my prayer list

Rosebud - http://imageshack.us/ is a free picture hosting site and when you upload pictures, you can choose the size you want - you can then post the link to the picture here in the body of your email - it is faster than re-sizing them on your computer Hope you and your brother are both doing better!

Numpster - we hope you come back often, even when you can PM Rosebud.

Ronni - Kasey sounds delightful! Our Mozart loves beer too. He hovers in the kitchen when DH brews, hoping to be able to catch a spill - and the beer isn't even fermented yet, at that point! Even the cats get in on the action!

Speaking of which - I wanted to strangle our dear little Chloe last night. I made yogurt - and the milk was cooling in the sink. I went to answer the phone and when I came back warm milk and cats - I guess the attraction was too strong!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 11-21-2008 at 07:39 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #112  
Rosebud

HI NUMPSTER ~ you can post anytime you want to; yes, I do remember SALLY-ANNE the pony: esp how she used to buck and kick you and our other sister off all the time (and she would bite too ~ lol). Nice of you to drop by; do come back and visit us here ...

LAURIE ~ thanks for that info; I didn't know about that ... will definitely check that out! My leg looks pretty good tonight; I am very hopeful that it will finally heal up. Thanks for your prayers for our brother and my leg.

RONNI ~ yes, NIKO doesn't like us apart either; he keeps looking for everyone in the extra rooms too, esp if the doors are closed. He loves his b-a-l-l so much he crawls under the couch to find one and will play by himself, throwing it around the room and running after it ~ and sliding on our rug like he's skating ... very funny!

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE; hope you are all having a great Friday night ... ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-21-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #113  
burned out bus driver

Good Friday evening!
Sorry to be short and not address anyone.......it has been a tough week that I am really glad is over. Many thanks for the prayers and encouragement from everyone. You folks are great.
See you tomorrow.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #114  

Default hI-

Boy time flys! Can't believe another week has come and gone....
I am still doing well raked up the rest of the fall leaves and got them bagged- 25 bags- whew! Gotta work a double today 8a-9p then 8a-12 midnight tom. so busy weekend... Pray you all have an awesome weekend...
Rosebud- Thanks! Prayers for your DBro- glad your getting all moved in lots of work, but will be nice in the end... beautiful home pics as well... prayers your leg continues to heal completely... so sorry to hear of your aunt's passing- prayers for you and your sis. and family
EZ- Wow! Nephew to graduate already from Navy training! remeber when he made the decision to go in, and the challenges he has given- but with such amazing role models as your family he came out a winner, as we knew he would... Thanks for asking about jim- he is currently in the hospital not expected to make it... He has a urinary tract infection, pneumonia, and mersa infection... he has been having high fevers, and is pretty much unresponsive. I have been praying if he isn't going to get better, for the Lord to please take him home.. before the holidays... as he wouldn't want to be existing the way he is now. SAD... On a lighter note- you knw how you used to send the sun... 90 plus degrees need I say more... 20's here... get busy...
Raysofsunshine- Prayers you feel better- which always helps out in the eating cat.
Counting- what an awesome lady- so supportive... luv ya! Thanks! I am happy to be down the weight but then again your doing an awesome job as well down 91 pounds!!! I couldn't agree more w/ stewardship... most of us have more than we need, in the U.S. and whine about what more we need or don't have... Luv nativity scenes... I put one up at work every year, on the lawn and in the house- (community residence for the handicapped) fresh bread... bean soup- yum yum, luv squash- I sometimes take an acorn squash cut in half take the seeds and yuck out, then cover w/ saran wrap put in micro for 10-15 mins, it steams- quick and easy...
Ruth- congrats! scale down... glad you got to enjoy visit w/ family... prayers your feeling better!
Ronni- Hope yor soon feeling better as well- wow! new painted kitchen that will perk ya up, that is where I spend most of my time at home... have t.v. in there as well. Prayers all works out with selling your home in the spring... Amen- best home is in heaven!!!
Wilma- Hi! happy decorating at church- idea sounds pretty w/ decoration box...
E.C.mom- Glad you found a couple minutes to relax... prayers dinner w/ MIL went well. glad you got chance to get out an walk w/ hubby communication so important... sorry to hear minute went badly, prayers for hubby at work... that things inprove there
Pippy- Prayers all working out w/ new church and hubby content church family can be so supportive.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #115  

Default me again-

I was afraid if i kept going i would loose post and have to start over-
Bargoo- prayers treatment went well... we sing the same doxology- after communion every month.
nitaann- Big prayers for rain... wow! 5 dogs 13 chicks and a goat... animals are neat though- especially for kids- grandson's goat.. we had goats as a kid, and they chewed the swingset up- needless to say they went away..
numpster- welcome... luv your sister rosebud- need to fill us in on some old stories...
well gotta run take shower and go to work... have an awesome weekend!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #116  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Hi! "do it for me" I think your name is Sue right? You sound like so much fun! I have allot of goats but really not that many 10 big nannies are to start having babies Thanksgiving day, so excited and then I have 10 baby first timers to have babies later on.

Been out training my Border collies and the old one , well she is old and I thought maybe she could show the younger ones a thing are too but she is old enough to draw a social security check but she got the goat in and she just loved the praise I gave her, but she is so slow , my poor baby girl, such a good dog. I love her so much we have really had some good times together but I know it won't be long before God decides he needs her, she is going on 16 and border collies normally don't live after 15, I have been told. Surprising after Pepper watch Sausage get the Billy in, she did a real good job but little Sunshine has to many distractions and really young, but for being 4 months old I think she is doing real good.

Yes we need rain bad our tanks are dry and we are having to water our cows out of our well and I don't know how long that is going to last. Our neighbors are selling all their cows and we may have to do the same. We really need a hard rain Ronni to fill our tanks and I know floods are bad but it would take a lot to flood around here because the ground thirst so bad for our God's blessings, it would soak up as fast as it falls. We have had light rain but it does not even help our tanks and even the river is starting to get low again, with all the people getting water out of it to water subdivisions. But people having to sell their cows are not allowed to get water out of the river to fill their tanks. I wish the government would help the people out who run out of water, like hauling water to the people from where there is to much water, but I don't see that happening. There is people with houses out here having to pay for someone to haul them water because their wells have gone dry.

I am praying for all of you every day. Your families, your doctors ,your nurses and your friends, anyway that our dear Lord can show favor for you and all. With my Christian Love, Nita Ann
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #117  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Not feeling too well here- this cold has gotten worse and I am feeling it.
I did get some housework done- threw out some stuff and am attempting to declare law and order with the mess. Well at least make it better than it is.
Sorry not to get personal here, I am really drained.
Have a great Saturday.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #118  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ginny - hope you are feeling better soon! Take care and rest this weekend, chickie

Nita Ann - prayers continuing for rain for you and your neighbors. I would send you our snow if I could!!!!

Sue - raking leaves AND a double shift? Oh, my - I would be exhausted! I hope you get some time off soon!

Rosebud - so glad your leg is doing better - prayers continuing! I hope the sorting and unpacking is going well too.

I'm doing better today. After I posted yesterday, it became clear that I ate something that didn't agree with me. My body finally "dealt with it" around 1 a.m. And, although I'm a bit queasy today, I seem to be over it.

I did get the floor-to-ceiling living room shelves de-cluttered, though. 4 boxes to donate, one to recycle
Running total so far in my de-clutter attempts: 24 bags/boxes of "stuff"

And yes, I am actually keeping a spreadsheet of my progress

Gotta fly, now I have my usual Saturday chores to do.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Prayers continuing for all!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM   #119  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Boy have I ever been a non-poster here! I do check in almost daily though.

I have been real busy at work and my current job is about 75 miles away, I leave at 4:30 and get back home around 5:00...not too bad but with the miles and the day's work... at my age....

Angie is out of town until late Monday night, she went to visit her mom and sister. She will stay at her mom's house but is at her sister's right now, they live about 10 miles apart but 150+ from us. I work in that area from time to time so I get a chance to visit every now and then. I would visit more but we usually work long days when we are up there so we can get home earlier on Friday's.

We went for Mexican food last night, our place was packed since there was a play-off football game at my alma mater... we won 35-0 in the first round. The place we go to is just down from the high school so it gets a great crowd on game nights. I split my meal but even at that is was way high in calories....cheese enchilada and carne asada burrito, rice and beans. Made a nice brunch though after we walked the mutts on our coffee date for 3 miles.

I am going to the San Diego Charger vs. Indianapolis Colts game with my son, daughter and son in law tomorrow. I finally get to see my daughter in law in uniform, I hope to get some good pictures that I will post.

I talked to knucklehead nephew last night, he will come home from the NAVY for Christmas. He wants us to send his cell phone now that he is free from boot camp! He sounds like he is doing fine. My daughter took some good pics but they are too big to send. I can't get them smaller w/o Ang here to help.

SCOOTER ~ We could use some help around here cleaning out the garage...mostly getting the kids here to "recycle" their stuff! I hope you are feeling better...ouch! We were up at 1:30 am too but that was because of a neighbor situation with paramedics.

AUNT SUE ~ Great to see you Sorry about Jim. TSO is in town but Angie and I "saved" some $$$ and didn't go this year. Have to start cutting somewhere. I am sending some It has been real warm here for a long time but we are expecting some rain next week...I will believe it when I see it

RONNI ~I will send you some too! We have our turkey already. Not sure what we are doing other than we are going to my ex-wifes for Thanksgiving dinner after a Turkey Trot. Angie and I will have our own dinner with or w/o kids probably on Saturday. We never know for sure with everyone's schedules...we just wing it!

GINNY ~I hope you feel better

NITA ANN ~Praying for I am not looking forward to the time I have to put my goldens down....they are almost 5 so God willing I have some time.

NUMPSTER ~ It will be a pleasure getting to know you.

ROSEBUD ~ I hope you finally have time to "breath" and can start enjoying your new home! Watch what you say....sis is watching

BARGOO ~ Missing you around here

ditto WILMA ~ KAREN ~ TRISH ~ LORI ~ RUTH ~ PIPPI and ALL MIA'S...HI
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #120  
Rosebud

HI, Dear SUE ~ so nice to hear from you and thanks for the kind words to my SIS; boy, you are busy as always, but we are so glad that you found a few minutes to come by. DH and I want to put up a NATIVITY SCENE out front of our new place this year; we have been talking about that for quite awhile, so I think it will be this year. Sorry, to hear about JIM: I have been praying for him and in the same manner as you as well; may GOD BLESS HIM with his neverending, tender-loving-care ...

GINNY ~ prayers going up for your health to improve real soon; so hard when you are sick and having to run a busy household at the same time.

LAURIED ~ I lost count long ago myself; our back porch is full of empty boxes. Each day, we do some more, but there is a huge difference now. DH did videos and music stuff and I worked on laundry, clothes sorting, and toiletries. I couldn't believe how many packs of soaps and other such stuff we gathered up not realizing we were duplicating things over and over. I won't have to buy some stuff for quite awhile ~ lol!

HI NITA ANN ~ still praying that some rain will come your way; I agree with LAURIE, would love to send you some of our snow; at least that would turn into rain from the lower temps. Our temps have dropped down to -12C tonight and it's a frosty/nippy cold too; therefore, the streets are bare as people have to get used to it. I find as we get older, I'd rather just stay indoors and bundle up with a good book or puzzle than venture out in that.
When we had our girls, our SWEETIE (mother) taught PIN PIN (daughter) how to behave very well, so the training went a lot faster. Now our NIKO is solo, and a boy, so we found the training a lot more difficult than with the girls (that might have to do with the breed too, as the girls were more meek).

HI GARY ~ glad you nephew is doing so well and will be coming home for Christmas; we are having friends come here for Christmas this year too. Yah, we are trying to rest inbetween opening up boxes; but we are still sorting and tossing as we go.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE and all MIA's too ~ hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving weekend! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS TOO!!!

Take good care, YFE ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...