3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   *SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/64466-%2Aseptember-walkers-%7E-just-walking-away-pounds%2A.html)

tuckytex 09-15-2005 04:53 AM

hey guys!

I would love to join your walking group too, the only problem is that I have a treadmill and I am still new to it and don't really know how to find out the distance I walk because it just tells me how many trips around some track I do. I know how many minutes I walk, can I count minutes and hours. Does anyone have any idea how I can work this? :dizzy:
Danica

UntilMOMMI 09-15-2005 07:10 AM

I know you guys probably think I'm a lil bit nutz, but I did 3 more miles WATP this morning. I got off track on my morning routine and did a walk last night... and got back on track this morning. I don't have room for excuses if I do the walk first thing in the a.m. That gives me 32 miles for the month. They add up quickly! ANYWAY..... glad to see everyone walking and motivated!

Looking good and feeling better!

Sherrita 09-15-2005 08:42 AM

I got up early this morning and did 2 miles. Now I'm off to work. I'm hoping to do 2 more miles when I get off work tonight. September miles: 19

Welcome Danica! Counting minutes is fine....as long as you're walking! :D

Soon2BFitChick 09-15-2005 11:03 AM

Hi everyone! Looks like you are all staying very active and that's so cool! Me too! This is the 7th day I'll hit my 10,000 steps (or about 4.5 miles). I walk about 6000 in the morning at once and finish the rest out all day long. So far so good, lost a couple pounds this week. Can't wait to get back in Onederland.. I hope to never leave it either! Have a great week! :wave:

TMunday 09-15-2005 12:10 PM

OMG! DENISE AUSTIN TRIED TO KILL ME TODAY!!!

Hahahahahahhaa.... just kidding of course!

But I swear she is made of rubber bands or something lol.

She moves way to fast! I did (for the first time!!) Denise Austin's Personal Trainer exercise this morning. I did forwad through some of it. I only credit myself for 25 minutes of the exercise. She is sure hard to keep up with! She moves really fast... and half of that stuff I didn't know our bodies were supposed to do lol.

I also did 2 miles/30 minutes of Leslie Sansone WATP. :)

I will try and do more WATP later today.

FrouFrou 09-15-2005 01:30 PM

Hi ladies!

Long time, no see. Not sure if anyone remembers me since it has been so long since I posted here. Anyway, if you don't mind me joining I would love to.

I started the WATP book a little over 2 weeks ago, this is my third week of walking to the book and I am enjoying it. Don't really have a goal for the month of Sept. but will come up with something later when I go back and look at the book and see how much I have walked so far and what she expects of me in the next few weeks. I have decided to follow it until the six weeks is over and then walk 3-5 days a week. Right now I am walking 6 days as I am following her book. I think I have only missed one or two days. She has an unstructured day a week where she just wants you to walk a set amount of steps rather than a mile or miles. Anyway, I will post my goal for the rest of the month and what I have walked so far tomorrow. Today was a 2.5 mile and did that first thing this morning, even though I slept in.

I look forward to getting reaquainted with you ladies and getting to know all the new faces, that is, if you will have me! :D

Take care and have a good day! :wave:

TMunday 09-15-2005 01:32 PM

Cristi,

Welcome back. That is an awesome book! Very motivating.

FrouFrou 09-15-2005 01:49 PM

Thank you Tracy! :) I do love the WATP book, it is awesome! I sometimes feel like I can't keep the walking up, like this morning...but I rolled out of bed and forced myself to go to the park. There is a great park that I walk at that has it all planned for you as far as which trail to go for a one mile walk, two mile etc. if you just go around the whole park it is 2 miles. But it has cut-offs so if you only want to do a 1 mile walk or 1.5 miles rather than the full two miles you can take the cut-off, one of them, there are several. Then there is another park I go to that is just a 3/4 mile walk but I usually walk around it more than once when I go. Just depends on how far I want to drive on that specific day. Anyway, the book is really helping me. Not just with the walking but with remembering to get my vitamins taken and with drinking the water. I am not a water drinker, just don't like it. But I force myself to drink it because I know it is good for me. Anyway, more later...

Have a good day!

shoequeen69 09-15-2005 03:50 PM

Hi everyone. I got in 2 miles last night. My back was really sore when I got up this morning. I guess I didn't stretch enough and pulled something. :o I'm feeling a little better this afternoon. Sounds like you're all doing well. Later!

Ready2BThinna 09-15-2005 09:19 PM

Checking in; gathering momentum

Welcome Danica! Welcome back Christi! I'm one of the "new" faces too (actually back after being away for over a year). :wave:

Even after just a few weeks back into a walking routine, I feel the difference. It has had a beneficial effect on my sleeping too.

The WATP tapes (is that Leslie Sansone) sounds like it has some devoted fans here. I may check that out.

Today was my "day off" - just checking in and getting motivated to get back in the saddle tomorrow.

Have a good evening all! :sunny:

Ready2BThinna 09-15-2005 09:25 PM

Sore backs are no fun

ps: Amy, sorry to read about your sore back. I can appreciate the importance of stretch. Believe it or not, I sometimes "forget" to stretch, especially when I just want to jump up and get going. My body doesn't let me get far without a brief warm-up. Walking is so much easier for me if I invest the time and patience to limber up beforehand.

Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon. :strong:

JP

TMunday 09-15-2005 09:28 PM

Yes! WATP rules!!! Check out www.lesliesansone.com. She is the bomb. You can get her tapes/dvd's basically anywhere. :)

UntilMOMMI 09-15-2005 11:08 PM

Hello to everyone new to that walking trail and welcome to the ladies returning. I'm proud of you! I'm proud of me too. I got another 3 miles in this evening with WATP... some use of my 3# weights. I even watched what I ate today. Fitday really helps me keep track of it and to see what I'm eating. ANYWAY... 35 miles for September.

Looking good and Feeling better! Glad to see you walking again ladies!

FrouFrou 09-16-2005 11:32 AM

Good morning ladies~

I went ahead and put my walking goal for Sept. in my signature and did get in my 3 mile walk this morning, plus an extra 1/2 mile. Feeling good about that. I so wanted to quit because I wasn't feeling so great this morning-didn't sleep so good last night for some reason. Anyway, I did get it in. I must say I enjoy getting my walks in first thing in the morning, that way I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day. It's done and over with. But I do keep my pedometer on for most of the day, till about 5 or 6, just depends on what I am doing. It is amazing when you keep track how many steps a person can get in a day.

Amy~hope you back is feeling better today.

Thank you ladies for the welcome back! :) :thanks: And have a great day!

FishWoman 09-16-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckytex
hey guys!

I would love to join your walking group too, the only problem is that I have a treadmill and I am still new to it and don't really know how to find out the distance I walk because it just tells me how many trips around some track I do. I know how many minutes I walk, can I count minutes and hours. Does anyone have any idea how I can work this? :dizzy:
Danica

Hi there. I am not sure about your treadmill, but on the two different types of treadmills at my gym each lap is 1/4 mile. This comports with standard American athletic tracks as well. So if you do four laps, you have gone one mile.

I hope that helps!