3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   *SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/64466-%2Aseptember-walkers-%7E-just-walking-away-pounds%2A.html)

SunnyD57 09-01-2005 09:57 AM

*SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._SLEEPYDOG.gif

Good September 1st gals!
Bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth...
sorry I have been on the net much this summer, but try
to get here when I am able. My hubby reminded me that
it's the first of Sept and I was like OMGosh!! I have to begin
a new thread for the faithful Walkers!! So here I am!

I walked 21.75 miles for AuGuSt
and hope to get in 30 for SePtEmBeR...

I have not had a chance to catch up with my reading
from last month - forgive me please... but I am sure
that you all did a wonderful job! :cp: I really do hope
to stop in at least once a week this month as
things begin to slow up a wee bit.

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ower_Teddy.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...c/katrina2.jpg

UntilMOMMI 09-01-2005 11:51 AM

My September Goals

Hello Everyone,

I got in my 2 miles today.

I just started (again) on August 20th and completed 8 miles in that month. I started with the 1 mile and moved up to the 2. I haven't weighed myself, so I don't know if I have lost anything. I hope to see some changes by the end of September though.

I am going to set my September goal at 20 miles. I know that that could be done in 2 wks if I do it once a day, but this is my first week here at 3FC. I want to give myself something to reach for AND see where my next goal should be.

I look forward to talking with you ladies/gents this month.

270 lbs today.
ST-Goal#1: Progress to the 3-mile walk video before the end of Sept.
ST-Goal#2: Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Alicat 09-01-2005 04:44 PM

Hi everone!
This month I vow to walk 60 miles (already walked 3.8 today and might walk another 1.4 tonight) and I am hoping to lose 6 more pounds. I know that's a lot but it would bring me to my next mile stone. Best of luck to everyone !
Take care!

mezmerize 09-01-2005 05:36 PM

Hello may I join? If so I'd like to set my goal to at least 10 miles a week. So at least 40 miles this month.

Today I did 2.5 miles (WATP Walk and Jog)

UntilMOMMI 09-01-2005 05:46 PM

The more of us together the better.. lol. We can do it!

Michele L 09-01-2005 06:13 PM

Hi, everyone! I really exceeded my August goal, but I didn't go back to work until the 19th. So.....I think I'm going to say 50 miles for September. I'd also like to lose at least 4 more pounds, which would make my first 10. Haven't done any walking since Tuesday morning, but I will be walking tonight while hubby and son are at Scouts. I owe myself 4 miles to get back on track for this week's Walk Diet (I'm on Week 5 of 6 weeks).

I'll check back in later (after I have some walking to report!).

Michele :wave:

flipafart 09-01-2005 08:45 PM

Hello all,
I'm relative new here and I hope you will allow me to sort of hang around and encourage you and you can do the same for me. I'm not new to walking and I walk about 48 miles this month.
do what you have to do to reach your goals
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...9/120/144/.png

Michele L 09-01-2005 09:11 PM

I did the 4 mile Super Challenge tonight! Now I'm caught up! I'd really like to exceed my goal of 50 miles, though I'm not sure I can beat last month's actual 61.09 (after all, I wasn't working for more than half the month!).

My semi-short-term goal is to be below 200 by the end of the year. I think losing at least 18 pounds in 3 months is achieveable, don't you? Of course, it will help when the weather cools off so I can avoid the ice cream!

Well, I need to hop in the shower before bed!

AllieNVegas 09-02-2005 12:45 AM

Hello Everyone,

I will be doing 36 miles (WATP) this month.

Alicat 09-02-2005 11:26 AM

1.4 more last night!!!

TMunday 09-02-2005 12:28 PM

I didn't read all of the posts.. but this looks awesome! I try to get in 2 miles a day at this point. :)

So far I did 2 miles today. That might be it though for today. We shall see.

SusanB... thanks for the link! :)

curlylocks 09-02-2005 01:18 PM

you guys should sign up for the presidents physical fitness award.. u can log each days activites and when u get to 20,000 points u even get a medal!

Michele L 09-02-2005 01:59 PM

I got up this morning and did the 3 mile Express tape! I've already got 7 miles and it's only the 2nd! I also lost another pound! I've got ticket-taking duty tonight (one of those extra duties teachers have to do on their off hours), so I won't have anymore formal fitness today. I'm sticking with the Walk Diet from the WATP book, so I will do 3 miles again tomorrow. I've been getting in 14,000-16,000 steps a day on my pedometer (including WATP), so I'm feeling pretty good about my activity level. Now I just have to work on my food. Water is great!

Well, off to get some things done before my last class comes in!

Dinahgirl 09-02-2005 10:31 PM

I'm setting my September goal for 50 miles. I had that goal in July, but only did 44.5. In August, I had to travel a lot so I lowered my goal to 40 and made 42. I'm sure I can do 50 if I walk the minute I get home from work every day, either outdoors or with a WATP dvd. On the weekends, I go to a bike trail and do longer walks -- 3 or 4 miles. If I do at least 2 miles most days, I should make it.

Nine months ago I quit smoking and began walking 15 minutes a day. I remember the first day that I walked a mile...I was so proud! Now I'm proud to say that my cholesterol is back to normal and I don't smoke!!!

Let's have a great month, everybody. Even a little bit of exercise increases the endorphins and helps us love ourselves!

Dinah :)

mezmerize 09-03-2005 12:13 AM

WATP - 3 Miles

TMunday 09-03-2005 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinahgirl
Nine months ago I quit smoking and began walking 15 minutes a day. I remember the first day that I walked a mile...I was so proud! Now I'm proud to say that my cholesterol is back to normal and I don't smoke!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I also quit smoking almost 4 months ago! I have to ask.... do you struggle with it still? I have my moments and struggle with it, but not as bad as before... I have to admit!

KAR73 09-03-2005 12:06 PM

Hi Gals,
I haven't been on this fourm for awhile. But I use to come on faithfully and post my results. I plan on coming back since school started back up. I walk 2 miles every morning with my different WATP's tapes. Than fit in whatever other walks I can squeeze in. Plus I go to Curves 3 nights a week.
My goal for September will be 50 miles.
Well I gotta go and get ready to go to my twin sss's football game. So I will be back later.
Take care,
Kerry

Gitterdone 09-03-2005 12:50 PM

I always do good during the week, but on the weekends when I have to work at the restuarant, I eat everything in sight. Last night I treated myself to a few pieces of cheese pizza, but overall, I did good. Then I did have a few drinks, but instead of waking up this morning and laying on the couch all day, I went for a walk. I even ran for about 5 min of it. :tired:

Good job to everyone else! I'm off to work on my real problem area....dum dum dum...the abs ;)

dyintobethin 09-03-2005 02:22 PM

hello ladies i would love to join this walkin group i have the walk away the pounds i try to do the 3 mile twice a day i know its a lot but i really dont want to have to much lose skin onc ei lose weight i also do the billy banks boot camp i am 23 57 and i have at least 85 pounds to lose and i would love to be apart of this group i have set goal for my self and i plan to reward my self for every ten pound i lose hope to hear frpm someone soon shea

Sherrita 09-03-2005 06:01 PM

My goal for September is 35 miles. I did 1.5 miles this morning. Hope everybody has a great weekend!!!

Dinahgirl 09-03-2005 09:30 PM

TMundy, yes I still struggle. Certainly not anything like at the beginning but I have to stay vigilant. What has saved me is an online support group. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the url.

I didn't walk today. I didn't even get dressed today. I am so terribly sad about the Katrina situation. I can't not pay attention to it. I've just been crying all day. I sent a month's worth of cigarette money to the Salvation Army, but I wish I could do more. I couldn't even eat today. I drank coffee and then just sat here at the computer. Finally cooked some pork chops and pole beans and ate a little.

Thank you for indulging me.

Dinah :cry:

TMunday 09-04-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

TMundy, yes I still struggle. Certainly not anything like at the beginning but I have to stay vigilant. What has saved me is an online support group. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the url.

I didn't walk today. I didn't even get dressed today. I am so terribly sad about the Katrina situation. I can't not pay attention to it. I've just been crying all day. I sent a month's worth of cigarette money to the Salvation Army, but I wish I could do more. I couldn't even eat today. I drank coffee and then just sat here at the computer. Finally cooked some pork chops and pole beans and ate a little.

Thank you for indulging me.

Dinah :cry:

Dinah,

Are you talking about quitnet? I have a few sites that many people gave me for smoking. But I find it harder to talk about it to much. So I just try and stay away from smokers and everything.

I am the same way. I ALWAYS have the tv on the news when it is on! I watch the news roughly 5 hours of the day! I don't want to miss anything, I want to stay informed. It is just so sad!

I wish I had cigerette money that I could send. That is an excellent idea. But when I smoked my husband made $14.00 an hour. Now he only makes $10.00 an hour, so smoking would not have even been possible.

I sure hope all of the people find places to sleep and eat soon. It is just so sad seeing these people living out on the streets like that. Very, very sad situation.

Dinahgirl 09-04-2005 02:22 PM

Hi Tracy, I used quitnet for a while, but they were pretty dogmatic and turned me off. I found stopsmokingcenter.net and fell in love! It is like a wonderful family -- not as big as quitnet, so you actually can build trust and rapport with people. One of the people in the SSC family lived in New Orleans and lost everything, including her 3 kitties.

I'm feeling much better today. I tried to focus on peace and calm and the divinity within when I went to bed last night. I woke up early and drove to the bike trail and walked 4 miles.

I understand the financial situation, Tracy. We can only do what we can do. But I believe that praying to your own higher power, thinking positive thoughts, or just giving a smile to someone -- all of these things mean as much as money.

Have a great day!

Dinah :)

Buddha:
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

TMunday 09-04-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Hi Tracy, I used quitnet for a while, but they were pretty dogmatic and turned me off. I found stopsmokingcenter.net and fell in love! It is like a wonderful family -- not as big as quitnet, so you actually can build trust and rapport with people. One of the people in the SSC family lived in New Orleans and lost everything, including her 3 kitties.

I can imagine. I was afraid of that. The site your going to sounds nice! All sites should be like that, and this one here! Sorry to hear about your friend. That is sad.. but at least she is alive and safe.

Quote:

I'm feeling much better today. I tried to focus on peace and calm and the divinity within when I went to bed last night. I woke up early and drove to the bike trail and walked 4 miles.

Now that sounds neat! I love riding bikes! But mine hurts my butt so bad!!! I rode all over town one day with my husband... and once we got home (almost home) my butt hurt so bad I could hardly move lol. I have to do something about that lol.

Quote:

I understand the financial situation, Tracy. We can only do what we can do. But I believe that praying to your own higher power, thinking positive thoughts, or just giving a smile to someone -- all of these things mean as much as money.

Very true!!! Prayer always helps with everything! Sometimes (most of the time) that is the best thing all could do. :) And yes, a smile ALWAYS makes a difference... one way or another.

AllieNVegas 09-04-2005 10:52 PM

Saturday I did the WATP 3mi

mezmerize 09-04-2005 11:26 PM

I can't find my walking meter. :( I walked for 15 minutes add another hr if you count the time I was pushing a cart around at wal-mart. :D

KAR73 09-05-2005 09:33 AM

Morning Ladies,
I added up my miles that I walked so far this month and it is 8.5 miles. So I think I might be off to a great start of reaching my 50 mile challenge. Here in just a few minutes I plan on doing my 2.5 mile Walk and Jog dvd.
Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day!
Kerry

cathyxxx 09-05-2005 11:05 AM

hey gang!

August was the pits for me as far as exercising but thankfully it is a new month and I will try to do better. With all this craziness & tragedy down here in Louisiana, I will simply have to do whatever I can and cut myself some slack. We are in Lake Charles, Louisiana, so we did not get any weather from the storm but we are dealing with all the influx of evacuees and our State seems very chaotic. There are people everywhere! Every shelter, every coliseum, every church, and things are stressful. Please keep everyone in your prayers - especially those that have lost everything.

Anyway - I cleaned house on Saturday with my pedometer and walked over 2 miles. This morning I did 30 minute WA with hand weights. So I'm up to 4 miles this month haha I'm on a roll. ;)

September = 4 miles

hugs & prayers,
Cathy

dyintobethin 09-05-2005 02:04 PM

ok im ready to do it i just added a new new mile i walk 6 miles a day i do 30 min on a stationary bike i do 1 hour of cardio and 300 sit up a day i got the exercise down i want to try to exercise for 4 hours a day so i need to add some stuff

Ready2BThinna 09-05-2005 02:35 PM

I'm ba-a-a-a-ck and walkin'

;) [COLOR=DarkRed]

Hi Everybody! I am so glad and grateful y'all are still here.
It's been over a year since visiting these forums - and my (lack of) fitness shows it! :o

Got back to walking a few weeks ago and would like to join in with a goal of 48 miles for September. These threads were a great inspiration and motivated me. In hindsight, I put too many other individuals/things as a priority before my own persona fitness. Can't afford to do that anymore.

Cathyxxx, my heart's out to you and your community. With all the activity you're experiencing, you still manage to keep on going and even post here. What an inspiration! Thanks for reminding me about my (long lost) pedometer! Some days I don't "officially" do the walk, yet will be hauling stuff and (literally) tapping out many steps to get errands completed.

After reading through the thread for September walkers, I am psyched to get going. Thanks all for posting and participating. :D

Just got a new battery for the scale - still have to change over from the old battery. I'll do that and post my current weight next message.

Today's walking is 1.5 miles. May get some more in later ;)

JP

Sherrita 09-05-2005 03:06 PM

I got in 1.5 miles today. September miles: 3

Dinahgirl 09-05-2005 05:18 PM

I walked 4.5+ miles today -- the humidity's down, it's a holiday, and I felt great. I'm up to 10.5 toward my 50-mile September goal. :D

Michele L 09-05-2005 08:23 PM

I did a total of 3.52 miles today. The family went on a brief walk on a nearby nature trail this morning so hubby could check on something. It totaled .52 mile. Then this afternoon I popped in the Power Walk-3 miles DVD and did it with my 1.5 pound weights. I even did all the reps this time!

Hope everyone has had a great 3-day weekend!

UntilMOMMI 09-05-2005 09:39 PM

Hello September Walkers!

I got in my 2-mile WATP video today. I did it with 3 lb. weights this time. It was great. I felt energized.

I set my September goal to 20 miles and only have 12 to go. Next time I'll set my goal a little higher, but I'm just getting started... lol.. I had to give myself a lil space this time.

For once... I'm so very glad to be surrounded by a bunch of losers.. lol. Losing pounds and losing the cigs... that is awesome!

Luv you guys!

mezmerize 09-05-2005 09:40 PM

1 Mile

KAR73 09-05-2005 10:41 PM

Evening Ladies,
Well I got 10 minutes of my walk and jog video in this morning. Than got interrupted with company twice. Usually if that happens I never go back and finish it. But I am here to say that I was good and went back this evening and finished it. So there was 2.5 miles. Than my dh came home asked if I wanted to go for a walk through town. SO we went on a 3 mile walk. So I got a good start on my walking for this week.
Sounds like everyone had a nice day today and was able to get some walking in. Keep up the good work gals!
Take care,
Kerry

Ready2BThinna 09-05-2005 11:33 PM

More miles, more miles

Just reading through these threads motivated me to get back out this evening for another 2.5 miles! Glad to read everyone is having a good weekend. I just don't want the holiday to end and I'm up way too late :o

Again, Ladies, thanks for being here. I truly feel I'm going to get through this.

Hugs,
JP

Soon2BFitChick 09-05-2005 11:47 PM

Hiya everyone.. Hope you had a great weekend.. My DH went into hospital for three days last week (for ten years and well, his whole life, he's never been in the hospital.. had pneumonia in June, they think it snuck back up on him and made him deathly ill.. it was scary) and was sick since Monday.. so I did well for most of it but ended up not eating one day except two small granola bars that morning.. which made me reaaaaally tired the next day. We just drove in from Beaumont. It's 10:30 pm now, we went to Emily's baby shower. It was great, kids had a ball fishing in my Papa's pond, caught their first fish!, got to see their great-grandparents, fed cows and gathered eggs, etc. We all have colds, all six kids and us. So needless to say I'm not worried about my challenge. Just saying hello. I have appointments for him and the kids tomorrow and Wed. so I'll be driving nearly all day both days. Hope you all are doing well, sorry to come and unload. Hope to slow down and can get back to worrying about myself a little. We'll see. (I did pretty good when I was gone, just didn't track it all. Think I probably maintained. I hope!) Have a great week. If I don't get back this week, I hope to start next Monday off with a bang! Hugs! :wave: (Oh yeah, if you want to see that article they did about me on www.AmericaOnTheMove.org, just go to the site, and sign in real quick, then log in with your password and it'll come right up as the featured story thingy. LOL. It's odd to see myself there, but neat too. Good motivation I think. Hope you get to go look at it.) Bye for now!

AllieNVegas 09-06-2005 01:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

Although I am sick, flu/cold since Saturday, I was able to get in the WATP 2 miles this evening.

Healthy4Life 09-06-2005 07:09 AM

Hi, all! I haven't been in here in several months, but I started walking again the other day and wanted to come back. I walked 2.5 miles on Sunday and 2.5 miles yesterday. I won't be able to do that every day, so I'm going to make 30 miles my goal for September. Glad to see so many people are still walking, walking, walking. Soon2B, sorry to hear about everything that's going on. I'll check out America on The Move. That's awesome! Keep it up everyone.