3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   *SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/64466-%2Aseptember-walkers-%7E-just-walking-away-pounds%2A.html)

UntilMOMMI 09-09-2005 11:37 AM

2 mile WATP with 3# weights. I felt so good after my workout. Only 5 more miles to complete my lil goal for September... I know I'll go way beyond before the end of the month.

Keep on movin' ladies... Lookin' good! Feelin' better!

TMunday 09-09-2005 12:24 PM

3 Miles WATP! So far for today! I am really trying to go for around at least 5 miles a day total. We shall see. But these miles do NOT include other things I do either. :)

KAR73 09-09-2005 07:25 PM

Hi Ladies,
I did another 2 miles this morning with my WATP for the abs. So that brings my total for the month up to 22 miles. So I have 28 more miles to go. Looks like I might go over my goal for the month. I might need to go a little higher next month.
Keep up the walking ladies and we can all reach our goal for the month.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry

Dinahgirl 09-09-2005 09:39 PM

Just a quick checkin-- I did legs, arms and abs with Denise Austin and then a mile with Leslie. I am 14 miles for the month :) Talk to you over the weekend!

Ready2BThinna 09-09-2005 10:32 PM

Happy Friday!

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for keeping the momentum going. I really get pumped just thinking about the commitment on these boards and the monthly walking goals. I'm so glad to be back and want you to know how encouraged I feel when I read through these posts. :cheer:

Dinah: I appreciate the heads up re: the ankle weights. Those were my concerns too and I agree it's not worth risking injury. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Kerry: Sounds like we both enjoy autumn weather! My hats off to you for trekking about at 5:30 am - what time do you get to sleep? :eek: My "new" fitness priorities would probably be better served if I got to bed earlier, especially on weeknights. I get sidetracked after dinner and classes, particularly if I get online :comp:

ShoeQueen: (By the way, love that minty green pump!) You put me to shame walking to the store in that sort of heat. Do you have access to indoor walking facilities when temps are that unbearable? I'm absolutely humbled and to think I would ever dare complain about walking in temps of high eighties!

The last two days, my favorite track to walk has been utilized by college sports. My first response was to can the exercise for that day. I'm such a sneaky minx :s: Feelings of integrity overshadowed a bail out. Then I thought about this spunky group and remembered reading about how you all found ways to work in some walking. I proceeded to find some alternate routes - IMMEDIATELY - before I could change my mind. It's sound like such a tiny matter but that one decision really made a difference in how I feel now. After starting anything, keeping motivated has always been my second biggest challenge.

Exercise has begun to change my eating habits - they needed a major adjustment. I've got to keep vigilant from getting the shanghai - one morning, my (very dear) boss commended me for taking lunchtime to get my walking in. The next afternoon, he purchased the HUGEST tin of cookies for us :?: He was a bit apologetic, saying he thought twice about it and realizes I've been making efforts to cut down and get moving. But he just couldn't help himself. :s: Nope. I'm not even gonna open the tin and take a sniff; I already know what that will lead to :devil:

One other thing I noticed at the end of today's walk: my feet started to feel very tingly and almost numb. Is this a concern? Nah, not looking for reasons to quick. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's a "red flag" I'm not aware of.

Here's to a great weekend to everyone, with lots of opportunities to take a stroll. Monday is weigh in day (at home) for me. Have to keep that in mind whenever tempted by the weekend munchies. I'd really like to see this cute little scale graphic start to take a slide to the right :D

Hugs,
JP

babetteq 09-09-2005 11:53 PM

Can i join too? Purty Please???

My hope is that I can get ina 45 minute walk everyday. I'll couple that with my cheesy aeorbics tape and I *should* get healthier andstronger.

Babs

cathyxxx 09-10-2005 10:52 AM

hey gang!

I did 2 miles with hand weights this morning.

hugs,
cathy

KAR73 09-10-2005 02:32 PM

Hi Ladies,
JP I go to bed around 11-11:30 nightly. I am a special needs teacher for students in grades 7-8. I need to do something stress relieving before I go to school and spend the day with my students. I use to only squeeze in a workout when ever I could. But I noticed that my stress level was becoming to high with the many daily challenges I face with my students and needed to do something quick. So I started getting up at 5:30 a.m. and putting in a good workout with my Walk Away the Pounds Tapes. I noticed a big change in my outlook for the day and how I handled things after starting that. So it has just become a habit for me. Now in the summer time that was a different story. I wasn't on a set routine and I had some rocky days with my stress and going back to take classes for school. Great job on finding an alternative walking routine and passing up the cookies! Keep up the great work!
I put in another two miles yesterday evening. So that makes my total miles 24 so far. My dh came home from a football game all worked up and I just suggested that maybe we go for a walk. It worked because by the time we came home, he was more calm. :) Might have to do that some more just to get a walk in and spend quaility time with him Is that evil of me? LOL
Well I better go and get some chores done around the house. I did go to Curves this morning and put in a really good workout. Hope to get a walk in this evening.
Keep moving those feet and we will see the numbers on the scale keep moving downward! :) :)
Kerry

AllieNVegas 09-11-2005 02:06 AM

For the past week, I did do my WATP for 4 days for a total of 9 miles.

Dinahgirl 09-11-2005 11:05 AM

The weather has moderated quite a bit here in North Florida. The morning's are cooler and the humidity is down somewhat. So it sure makes it nicer to walk outside! This morning I drove to the bike/ped trail and walked 4.25 miles. I am 18.25 toward my 50-mile goal for September. :dancer:

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

TMunday 09-11-2005 12:00 PM

No WATP miles yesterday. I saved my energy for the fair last night. We walked for over 2½ hours last night. Zipping through people!! It was packed!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinah,

What's up with Hurricane Ofelia (sp?) out there? I sure hope it stays out in the ocean and never hits! That thing has been so unpredictable!

TMunday 09-11-2005 01:15 PM

1½ miles WATP so far for today

TMunday 09-11-2005 06:37 PM

Ok... I did my 1.5 miles of WATP earlier today. And now I just did 120 minutes of walking around my town. :)

KAR73 09-11-2005 06:57 PM

Evening Ladies,
I got up this morning and did my 4 mile Super Challenge tape. So that makes my total 29 miles for the month. I only have 21 more to go. I walked a mile around town yesterday at the little festival my town was having.
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! Had to go to a football game for my twin stepson's today. They won their first game. It was 0-0 all the way through until the last 4 minutes and they scored a touchdown for a final score of 7-0. So their team now has 2 losses and 1 win.
Well I need to go and get some work done around the house. Talk to you all later.
Have a great week!
Kerry

KAR73 09-11-2005 10:01 PM

Went for a 3 mile walk this evening to relax a little bit before going to bed. Brings my total up to 32 miles for the month.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Kerry