3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   *SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/64466-%2Aseptember-walkers-%7E-just-walking-away-pounds%2A.html)

Michele L 09-06-2005 08:43 PM

Wow! Everyone is doing so well! I did another 3 miles tonight--the original WATP with 3 pound weights. It felt great! Will try to do 3 or more every day this week so I can enjoy the Mall of America on Saturday and Sunday!

Michele :wave:

KAR73 09-07-2005 08:31 AM

Morning All,
Sounds like we are all busy walking away those miles. Keep up the good work! I wasn't able to squeeze in another walk last night after my long day at school. But I did make it to my TOPS weigh in and lost 5 pounds since last week's weigh in. I think it has a lot to do with my getting back on a walking routine.
This morning I walked 2 miles with my Walk Strong DVD. I was so proud of myself because I could do more of a lunge!
Well my kids are here so I better go and get them started on their school work for the day! Have an awesome day!
Kerry

UntilMOMMI 09-07-2005 11:48 AM

1 Mile Super Challenge WATP video this morning. Wow, what a high energy workout! Major kudos to Michele L for being able to complete the 4-mile Super Challenge. I think I would have passed out on the couch... wake me when your done.. lol.

Thanks to all the support here, I'll get to that point someday.

9 miles to go to complete my Sept. goal... I set that one too low. Underestimated my commitment and abilities when I set that goal. I'll make it higher next month.

Thanks everyone for walking with me today... and everyday.

Ready2BThinna 09-07-2005 08:57 PM

This is the difficult part for me.......

........Beginning - anything! Kept the momentum and walked another 2.5 miles after work. This may become a habit ;)

I have some questions for the ladies using weights while walking: Would you recommend them to a more seasoned walker or can a newbie handle them? Do you feel it sort of "turbo boosts" results?

I've got weights and I'm tempted to try them again. It has been over 5 years since I've maintained a serious workout schedule. :( I used to work out with ankle weights and wrist weights during aerobics. Suspect I overdid it and may have agitated (already bruised) knee cartilage.

Along with these boards, the weather has been a good motivator for getting back into a routine. Soon I hope to work in more than one walk per day.

Have a good evening everyone!

:moped: 8 September miles! yeah baby!!! :dancer:

Dinahgirl 09-07-2005 10:02 PM

I walked 2.5 miles after work at the bike/ped trail, so I'm up to 13 miles for the month.

Tracy, if you get bored, come and mow my yard :lol:

UntilMOMMI, you can set a new goal for the month -- lots of time to achieve that one, too, and you can give yourself TWO rewards!

Ready2Bthinna, be careful with weights and walking. As you've already seen, you can injure yourself and then maybe not be able to exercise at all. I notice that on WATP, she's pretty gentle with them. Also, I've heard that you definitely should not use weights when you are doing regular walking.

Good work, everybody!

TMunday 09-07-2005 10:04 PM

Dinah,

You bet!!! And by the time I get there I should have lost ALL Of the weight on my body hahaha. Or at least I would dream and hope anyway lol.

mezmerize 09-07-2005 10:56 PM

1 mile

KAR73 09-08-2005 09:33 AM

Morning All,
I walked another 2 miles this morning with Walk Away The Pounds Express. So I am up to 20 miles for the month already. So I think I might reach my goal early.
Sounds like you all doing a great job getting up and walking. Ready2BThin you are so right about the weather and it being a great motivator. My problem is that in the evenings when I want to squeeze in another walk, I have too many other things to do so I guess I should be happy with my walk at get at 5:30 in the morning.
Well I better go and get my kids ready to start with their social skills lesson. I gave them a little free time for being good so far this morning.
Have a wonderful day and keep walking!
Kerry

Debbie1519 09-08-2005 11:13 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm fairly new to this site and I just love it! I walk every evening with my husband for about 45 minutes, we usually get in about a mile and a half, sometimes a little more. We have been doing this for about 10 days now. Hopefully we can keep it up all through September. This site gives me a lot of inspiration. Keep it up!!

UntilMOMMI 09-08-2005 11:55 AM

Hello Everyone... I did my 2 mile WATP today w/ my 3# weights. I think I'm gonna get myself the weighted balls for my b-day... hmmmmm. The workout was really easy for me today. I'll be able to make 2 goals this month.... To get to the 3mile WATP video and I only have 7 miles left to complete to make September's goal. Keep on movin' yawl!

Sherrita 09-08-2005 12:09 PM

I walked 1.5 miles this morning. September miles: 7

Seems like everybody is doing great! :)

AllieNVegas 09-08-2005 01:33 PM

I walked yesterday 2 miles!

Healthy4Life 09-08-2005 01:37 PM

I got in 1 mile Tuesday, Wednesday, and today. That brings me up to 8 miles for September. Keep it up everyone! :D

Alicat 09-08-2005 01:54 PM

I'm off to a slow start. I only did another 5.2 miles this week. I hope I can make it up!

shoequeen69 09-08-2005 05:15 PM

Wow! Your girls have already hit the pavement! I did very poorly last month. Only about 3 miles total for the whole month. I have all kind of excuses. Mostly that I live in Texas with level red ozone days and 120 temperatures. And absolutely no motivation to do anything indoors. But I can feel all of the lumps and bumps coming back to my body since I quit exercising. I'm going to try to get back full swing next week. We've had level red ozone days all week this week too. I did manage to get in about 1/2 a mile over the weekend walking to Target to save myself on gas. Anyway. Sounds like you're all doing well. Later!

Selina - you look fabulous in that photo on AOTM. Great article. Thanks for sharing. :D