3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   *SePtEmBeR WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/64466-%2Aseptember-walkers-%7E-just-walking-away-pounds%2A.html)

shoequeen69 09-14-2005 08:58 AM

I got in a mile and 1/2 last night. Woo hoo! Trying for another mile tonight. Later! :bike:

P.S. About the weight tracker. If you want to change the way it looks you'll have to set it up from scratch again. If you just need to change the number on the scale you can just change that under the edit signature option. You'll see the link all listed out with the start weight/current weight/goal weight. You can just change the number and save it and it will automatically update. Does that make sense? :?:

KAR73 09-14-2005 09:17 AM

Morning Ladies,
Looks like everyone is off to a great start for today. I haven't put my walk in for today yet. I plan on doing that after I am done on the computer though. I plan on doing my Walk Strong 2 mile tape.
I got a phone call last night that I didn't have to go to school today, since someone shot a hole in my school's hot water tank. That makes me very upset, since I have a wonderful group of boys this year and I enjoy teaching them on a daily basis. But I can use this day off to do some chores around the house that I normally have to wait and do on the weekend or on a school holdiay. So I guess there is a plus side to the day off.
I lost another pound last week. I went to my TOPS meeting last night and I am back down in the one hundreds and plan on starting there for the rest of my life. I don't want to creep back up past that 199 mark into the two hundreds ever again. So I guess all my walking and working out at Curves has paid off. LOL
Well I am off to walk. Talk to you all later.
Keep treking along. You are doing great!
Kerry

TMunday 09-14-2005 09:29 AM

Ok.... I have a question. Do you guys count miles more then minutes/hours? It is easy to count miles with Leslie & WATP, but what if you do other things like Denise Austin or anything else? I am trying to figure out if I should just count time instead of miles because walking the town I watch the clock and don't have a clue on miles, and with all videos except WATP I watch the clock instead of count miles. Which has been best for you?

Sherrita 09-14-2005 12:14 PM

I got in 3 miles in today. I must have been a little tired because it really seemed to kick my butt today, but I made it through it! September miles: 17

Tracy: Actually, I keep track of both, but I just post my miles on here. I keep track of my time because I try to beat my times everytime I walk outside. Anyways, that just what works for me. Everybody is different. :)

TMunday 09-14-2005 12:23 PM

Sherri,

That is what I was thinking to. I like to walk outside and I am going to be trying to do it ALOT MORE often. But I can't track miles. I think I am going to track both too! I have a way to figure out my time so I am going to do it before it gets to late in the month. Thanks! :)

TMunday 09-14-2005 12:42 PM

Sherri....

Well, it is not as easy as I thought lol. Do you monitor minutes or hours? I am trying to figure which would be best through out a months time.

Sherrita 09-14-2005 02:09 PM

Well, I just set out and say I'm going to walk 3 miles and have my course set out. It normally takes me about an hour to do. The next time I do the course, I try to do it faster, like today, I got it done in 52 minutes. Each time I try to improve my time. I don't usually tally up my time at the end of the month, just my miles, but now, I think I'm might do that. Just curious to see how many minutes I do in a month.

I guess I'm not a whole lot of help, am I? lol

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

Ready2BThinna 09-14-2005 02:43 PM

Calculating Miles/Minutes

Tracy,

I also wasn't sure EXACTLY how many miles I was getting in until I started using a pedometer. They're reasonably priced, simple to use (mine just snaps on the top of my waistband) and, I find, somewhat an incentive to keep going. Whenever I get the urge to call it quits for the day, I look at the miles logged and figure I can keep going to round up the number :lol:

Also, I believe as we get more familiar with any good habit, we get a feel for how many minutes it takes us to cover a certain distance. We get a type of rhythm going.

The most important thing is that you're walking! Keep up the good work.

----------
ShoeQueen: Many thanks for cueing me in about the scale. I want to see that rascal slide to the right with a vengeance!!! :s:

Humid and balmy here, yet after checking in with the Wonder Walkers, I'm ready to attempt 2 miles after work.

Thanks all for being here and have a great afternoon!
JP

TMunday 09-14-2005 05:20 PM

JP...

I do have a podometer!!! I bought it months ago and never even opened the box! Lol. I had one before but I hated it on my waistband. It always falls off or gets squished because it is always in the way. Maybe I should check this one out though. :)

TMunday 09-14-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherrita
Well, I just set out and say I'm going to walk 3 miles and have my course set out. It normally takes me about an hour to do. The next time I do the course, I try to do it faster, like today, I got it done in 52 minutes. Each time I try to improve my time. I don't usually tally up my time at the end of the month, just my miles, but now, I think I'm might do that. Just curious to see how many minutes I do in a month.

I guess I'm not a whole lot of help, am I? lol

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

I was thinking about doing the same thing! But it sounds like it might be a major pain lol. I am still trying to figure out the things I did haha.

Dinahgirl 09-14-2005 08:49 PM

I've been debating about time vs distance too. One problem I have is that pedometers are not completely accurate as far as distance goes. I have re-calibrated mine about 4 times and it shows way more than I've walked (I check it on a marked trail). So when I walk a non-marked route, I have to try to figure how much to subtract.

So I keep track of both in a spreadsheet I got from thewalkingsite. But I think if you do 1/2 hour of aerobics of any kind you can probably count it like 1/2 hour of WATP.

I did a 2-mile WATP today so I'm up to 26 miles. Tomorrow I will take the day off from exercising.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

TMunday 09-14-2005 08:53 PM

Thanks Dinah! I heard that podometers were not always accurate in all ways. But they will improve like everything else I am sure. :) Your catching up with me on your miles!!! :) Congrats!

Ready2BThinna 09-14-2005 09:58 PM

This is getting to be a habit

Yahooooo 20 miles!
The autumn weather we've had here has spoiled me rotten - tonight was m-u-g-g-y and hot but it's all good.

Take care everyone,
JP

mezmerize 09-14-2005 11:14 PM

1 mile treadmill.

UntilMOMMI 09-15-2005 12:27 AM

I couldn't even relax in my bed tonight until I got up and did my walk. I did my 2 mile WATP video despite that lil red devil on my shoulder saying... "you can walk tomorrow". I feel so much better. I have never been so committed to my health before. I'm giving you ladies all the credit for that. I can't explain how motivating it is to see ladies taking care of themselves... despite their challenges.

Keep on walkin' ladies! Looking good and feeling better.