3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/51059-january-walkers%7Ejust-walking-away-pounds.html)

cathyxxx 01-25-2005 02:18 PM

hey hey hey to the gang!

Mel - CONGRATS on the weightloss! you are doing AWESOME!

Welcome to our newcomers!

I went to the church gym during lunch. Did 2 miles on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the machines :cp:

Jan Miles = 29

everybody keep on truckin!

hugs,
cathy

macdeez 01-25-2005 03:17 PM

Thanks ladies, for all your pats on the back! Really helps to have that support from you! :) Keeps me going. Seriously.

Big thumbs up to all of you as well!

Kerry... Best of luck tonight at WI! I really hope you get that 30lb pin tonight! Let us know how it goes! :) 39 miles is crazy-awesome! Keep up the fantastic work, girly! :)

Selina... Joining a group such as TOPS or WW is a great idea, all that added support really helps to keep you OP! You may even meet someone who you could go walking with on a regular basis. :)

Cathy... Good on ya, for getting your miles in and hitting the church gym! You're a constant motivator! :) 29mi under your belt already... that's phenom! Keep it up!

Anyway, girls, I have to get going. So much to get done around here today. But take care of yourselves and have a happy and healthy day!

~mel

KAR73 01-25-2005 03:34 PM

Hi Selina,
I have been in TOPS for the last two years. It has helped me a lot. There were days when I just wanted to give it all up and throw in the towel, but reminded something from my TOPS meeting or talking with one of my TOPS pals has helped motivate me to continue. I would recommend joining TOPS. You only pay $20 yearly dues and then your monthly dues to your chapter. My chapter's monthly dues are $2.50. So it is rather cheap to join for all the great information and support you get. You might want to check out the TOPS website for more information. I think it is www.TOPS.com or you might want to try www.TOPS.org. I just have it bookmarked on my computer at home and have forgotten the website. Hope this information helps you.
Kerry

SunnyD57 01-25-2005 04:51 PM

Hi :c)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...c17kid1071.gif
if you are a kid ;)

:wave: Hi Gals! :wave:
Joe took the day off this past Friday (1-21) because we knew that we were in for some wintry weather over the weekend and we spent it out and about all day while the SUN :sunny: shone! What fun! We went to Pat Catan's Craft Center and were there for three hours (!) - Joe spent most of the time in the candle making sections reading up on making candles (a new interest I think) - where I was in the scrapbooking and card embellishment sections. I love that store and it showed up in my bill at the end too :o I spent some of the $$ I got from the folks for Christmas... FUN! Then we went to lunch together and then off to Costco to spend a little there, but most of that was paper products we needed and alike. We got home at around 5ish and then began our chilling out together for the weekend with a veggie pizza (no meat or cheese) and a movie. We haven't spent a whole weekend together like that in a long time - it was so nice! I know, I know... you would think that we do spend it together all the time (being it's just us), but we are usually WITH someone.. it was nice just being "together" :goodvibes

*~*~*

:bravo: Congrats Mel!!! :cp: :dance: WoW --- down 19 lbs - AWESOME!!! I am so very happy for you! I put on 7 lbs. during the holidays and have lost 4 of them - not easy :dizzy: I bow to you ;) I have the hardest time getting back to this thread lately --- I think it's because I feel I haven't done well in my walking and feel badly about it, so I don't make the effort to stop in :sorry: Well, it doesn't help that I have been feeling the winter blah's --- not depressed or anything, just plain blah. I really miss the sun!! Belated *Happy Birthday Wishes* to your hubby!

Hi Salina, we got a good 14" on Saturday thru Sunday morning here in NE Ohio... with highs of 8* (-5* windchill)... we are that corner that always seems to get hit. We'd be glad to send some snow your way! Today we are going through a warming spell of 32* :) What I wouldn't give to fel 70* temps right now... :goodvibes

Hi Lottie! *Welcome!!* You are adorable!

Hey there Kerry, sounds like life is treating you well ;) Closet cleaning, huh... got me thinking - may be a good idea for me too :) Wishing you *Luck* at your WI tonight!

Hi Deb, Yeah... you got some of that storm too, didn't you!??! We got a good 14" and only the Lord know what the drifts were... I am glad we were home all day watching movies we rented and just chillin'

Hi Cathy, Awesome job girly --- 29 miles! No way I will catch up with you all this month!!

Has anyone heard from Sarah lately?

*~*~*

Good to see this thread so alive again gals!!!
*God's Blessings*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 01-25-2005 05:40 PM

Mel, Where are those pictures of you in your size 7's :D ??
I am so impressed!

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lottie63 01-25-2005 06:19 PM

I took the stairs instead of the elevator today and I trudged a mile through the snow...

KAR73 01-25-2005 10:57 PM

I am so happy tonight. I am finally in onderland. I lost 2 1/4 pounds last week. Just wanted to share my good news with you all! It is off to bed for me so I can get up in the morning to do my walking video before getting ready for work. Take care.
Kerry

SunnyD57 01-26-2005 03:35 AM

:dance: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :dance:

How exciting Kerry! I remember when I first stepped onto the scale into *One*derland and how elated I was - I can only imagine the JOY you must be feeling now! :D I just couldn't be happier for you!

Here's a BIG *Congrats!!!!!!!!!* for you :smug:

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soon2BFitChick 01-26-2005 09:18 AM

Ok.. probably gonna get to weigh today.

1 Attachment(s)
I have to take one to the doc today. Well, taking 3 toddlers. One has to have his checkup. Oh boy, hope it goes smoothly. Praying for no tantrums. They get so tired of waiting to go in, etc. Me too! LOL.

I hope to weigh when I am there. The last time I weighed on this particular scale was Dec. I think. or Nov. And it said 225. Then I weighed on my mother in law's on Christmas day and hers said 221. So I know that I have lost some, just dunno how much. So we will see. Send me good vibes today!

Thanks for the info on TOPS. I think I will like it more than WW bc they don't really have you on a certain plan. My plan is on my website. It's based on what I need to do for me to lose. There is a food list page and a tips page I made if any of you want to see it. This should get you there. http://hometown.aol.com/SSills2670/ . Let me know if that doesn't work. More pics there too. Having my page keeps me motivated bc my friends and family go there all the time now bc I add to it, so I have to keep losing! They are looking to me for their motivation! :o The Pressure!! LOL.

:cheer: Congrats to each of you for staying with it! Glad you are all here to keep me going. :)

Welcome welcome to all the newbies! :wave:

More later, gotta run! Hugssss! Oh here is a pic of me at about 230+ or so.

Soon2BFitChick 01-26-2005 09:27 AM

How do u put ur pic in ur signature??

Hey Sunny, how did u do that? I dunno how to add in my pic to my signature. It has a part for insert image, but when I click it, it brings up 'text to be formatted' at the upper left corner.

Thanks for the help!

I just want to put my pic in bc I really like seeing pics of y'all. And it's neat to see who's talking to you!

Bye for now!! Off to the doc!

SunnyD57 01-26-2005 10:15 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/beewell.gif

Good Morning Salina, I went to your page and really enjoyed all the pictures & tips! You are one very Beautiful & Talented young lady! Keep up the wonderful job! Wishing you all the best when you go into the Dr's today and weigh in. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you ;)

Here's what I do for ALL my images, Photo's & Graphics alike ---

*~*~*

NOTE the FOURTH STEP (below) - that's what you want to do I think. *Luck!*

~POSTING IMAGES ~
Here we go --- (maybe you will want to print this up to follow)
Well, what I do is this...

FIRST - you will OPEN A SEPARATE WINDOW from the window you are in at 3FATCICKS --- by going to your START & then click on your INTERNET EXPLORER another window should open up for you then...

SECOND - you use that second window to go do a search with GOOGLE and type in FREE GRAPHICS, or GIFS or ANIMATIONS; then once you have found a site and the graphic you want...

THIRD - you will RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE (if site will permit the right click & save - if not it will tell you so in a bubble) and then SAVE to your HARD DRIVE in a FOLDER that you have named so you will know where to find it again. I have mine in MY DOCUMENTS with a folder titled Graphics.

FOURTH - To POST your pictures in the Forum go to this FREE Website Photobucket.com and upload your graphics, animations or home pictures (NOTE - resized your home pictures to be SMALLER - 400 x 300 pixels or smaller - BEFORE you upload them to Photobucket or we'll be waiting forever for them to come up on the forum ;) ) to Photobucket and then just Highlight & Copy the IMG address with the img code that they give you under the picture (third one down if I recall) and post it right into your post where you want it to be. This way your pictures will be IN your post and not just at the bottom where 3fatchicks have the thumbnails. That's it! :)

***LUCK!!!!***

Happy imaging :D

:sunny: SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx 01-26-2005 10:29 AM

Wow Kerry! CONGRATS on hitting ONDERLAND!!!!!!!! I know exactly how ya feel! ain't it just great great great! :cp: :cd: :cp: :cheer:

I got up early and did a 30 minute Walk & Jog video. It is 2.5 miles.

Jan Miles = 31.5

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy

lottie63 01-26-2005 11:57 AM

I lost 4 lbs! I will hopefully do betta now that the weather is looking up...and I have a friend who is gonna be my diet buddy in real life and she's gonna join curves with me in the spring...

SunnyD57 01-26-2005 12:07 PM

Hi Lottie,
:cp: :dance: :cp: Yeah!!!!!
Good job in losing those 4lbs!

I am so happy for you in finding a buddy to
walk / exercise with - I so wish I had one! I
have often thought about running an article in
the local paper :lol: I wouldn't, but have thought of it :D

What state are you from? Is it warm there? There's no
way I can go out to walk right now and so miss it!!! There's
just too much snow and ICE out there... so I walk on my T-Mill.

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69 01-26-2005 12:13 PM

Hiya gals! :wave: Sounds like things are going well around here. Congratulations on the weightloss Mel, Lottie and Kerry! You gals are awesome!

I'm really going to have to get on the ball to catch up to you all. Plus my pants are starting to fit tight already and I just got into these size 16's and I don't want to give them up!!! I'm going to do the treadmill tonight and aerobics tomorrow. I helped my dad clean his garage on Sunday, spent hours cleaning out all my old clothes I've left there for years. 6 bags of clothes to Goodwill! :cp: I think that was a pretty good workout. hahaha

Selina you have the kind of energy we need around here. Your posts made me smile. I'm in the Dallas area, Arlington, TX. I really like it here. I used to live in East Texas-Henderson/Tyler. This is like another world. haha

Anyway, sounds like you're all doing well. Keep it up. Hopefully I will catch up to you soon! Well maybe not Cathy, cause you are way far ahead, you go girl! hehe Take care ya'll.