3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/51059-january-walkers%7Ejust-walking-away-pounds.html)

SunnyD57 01-01-2005 10:22 AM

JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ear3_20051.gif
*HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!*

Can you gals believe that it's 2005 already?!

Well, I survived 2004 and I hope that you all did too --- although, I'd like to find the Mac Truck that it me this morning :faint: I don't drink so it's not because of that, but I did eat! And boy do I have a food hang-over this morning! I haven't eaten like I did last night in months!!!!

My Joe is off on Monday (1-3), so I will begin my walking come this Tuesday (1-4) ~ I have to really think things over (as to my goals for miles) before I post them, but believe me --- I am looking forward to routine again... how about you gals??? Does routine sound nice :) I really do miss walking! Never thought I would say that in my lifetime :^: But mostly I MISS ALL of YOU!!!!

Hope to see all you gals return here and maybe even be blessed enough to see some new posts :D :smug:

I will see you all again on Tuesday (Jan 4th)... till then...
Have a Wonderful FIRST DAY of the Year!!!!

*God's Blessings*
SunnyD
<><

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/ccmny21.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cmnyline41.gif

cathyxxx 01-01-2005 05:53 PM

Well hey there SunnyD and our walking gang!

I am really glad that December is over and I can get back to something "normal". whatever that is. haha I did very little "exercise walking" last month but did run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I am not gonna set a number goal this month, but I am going to walk and exercise as much as I possibly can. This time of the year is really busy for me with end of the year stuff and taxes and such but I am looking forward to getting in as much exercise as possible. I joined a church gym for 6 months for $25 and I look forward to walking there some before work or during lunch or after work. Just whenever I can work it in.

I am so glad that today is a new day, and the beginning of a new week, a new month, and a new year! nothing like a clean slate huh! ;)

I cleaned house for 6 hours today and that was my exercise! it all counts! ;)

hugs & blessings,
cathy

dharmaspell 01-01-2005 10:03 PM

My Jan goal is again 48 miles. I came really close in Dec (43 miles) so I know this month I'll hit the mark. :D

macdeez 01-01-2005 10:15 PM

Geez, it's 2005! Already! I can hardly believe how fast time is slippin' by! Crazy, isn't it?

Well, I sure hope you all had a lovely holiday season and that you're off to a happy and healthy start this new year! :) Very best wishes to all of you!

I'm doing alright... and have entered the 140's! Haven't been in this range for a few years now and I'm so totally hyped to be headed in the right direction! I'm aiming to lose another 7lbs this month (which of course will put me just out of reach of the 130's!) as well as another 20mi walked and 20x @ the gym. Now that things are starting to slow down, I'm pretty sure it'll be easier to find time enough to get my exercise in.

Well girls, looking forward to another great month with all of you! Best of luck in reaching your goals... I know you can do it! :D Take care of yourselves!

~mel

lessofsarahtolove 01-01-2005 11:39 PM

Hello, all ~

I'm not going to set a goal for miles either -- I start chemo on the 13th, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to get in. But I'm definitely going to walk regularly throughout my treatment, for as long as I'm able, and as much as I feel I can. I don't have much control over the chemo, but I certainly do over my nutrition and activity. So I'll definitely be here reporting SOME walking, anyway!

Hope everyone has a great new year and a January filled with lots and lots of walking!

cathyxxx 01-03-2005 09:46 AM

Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I was up VERY early this morning and did a 30 minute - 2 mile WATP Express video and then 50 situps.

January = 2 miles

so far so good! ;)

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx 01-04-2005 09:30 AM

hey? where are all my walking buddies?
are ya'll out walking instead of posting?
if so...that is fine! ;) if not, get your little buns in here! :rofl:

hey dharma - that is awesome that you walked that many miles in December. It is really hard to get it in around the holidays! but not you - you did awesome!

hey sarah - I am so sorrry - I must have missed what was going on - but I am so sorry that you are having to go thru chemo! goodness! are you ok girlie? did you know this was coming up or something that came up all of a sudden? you have been so good about exercising and getting healthy! you go girl! I will keep you in my prayers!

I got up early and did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP video with 2 lb weights, and then situps.
Jan Miles = 4

I cannot tell you how GOOD it feels to be exercising like I should!

When I started up my computer this morning, my yahoo page came up and this immediately caught my eye...

"HAPPY TRAILS
Daily walks relieve feelings of anxiety and depression, and increase feelings of enthusiasm and optimism. And that's not all. Daily walks also can help you boost your energy level, enhance your self-image, release tension, manage stress, and improve your ability to fall asleep quickly and sleep well."

I've been reading a lot lately about how important exercise is - and how it is even more effective then antidepressants in fighting depression and anxieties. That sure is some potent stuff - exercise - I mean!
:tread: :strong:

can ya'll hear me cheering us all on! :cheer:

hugs & blessings,
cathy

macdeez 01-04-2005 04:27 PM

Hey all....

January has been a slow start... mostly b/c I haven't been feeling all too well. We were so blinkin' busy over the holidays that I think I need a few days to unwind from all the action. That being said, I'm still eating healthy. Don't want to fall completely off the wagon.

DH and I are going to purchase an eliptical trainer this weekend... which I'm soooooooooooooooooo(!!!) excited about! I decided in the end that I don't feel overly comfortable working out in front of total strangers... I flop around like a fish out of water. It's really not a pretty sight. So best to invest in some home equipment. And even though are house is very.... uh... "cozy"... I'm determined to find space to store it when it's not being used.

Everything else is good. Sure hope it is for the rest of you too!

---

Cathie... good work on getting your miles in! Sounds like you're really geared up for a happy and healthy month! Good for you! Thanks for sharing that blurb from yahoo... and you're right, exercising is some potent stuff! :) Keep at it, lady, you're doing fabulous! :D

Dharma... I second Cathie's opinion... you did marvelous in December! You'll certainly kick up some dust in January! :D Keep it up, girl... you'll reach your goal in no time!

Sarah... best of luck next week, girl! We'll all be thinking of you! Don't push yourself with the exercise, definitely take it at the speed that your body allows. The rest will fall into place. :) Very best wishes sent your way!

As for everyone else... hope you're all keeping well and that we'll be seeing you online soon! Take care of yourselves! :)

---

Anyways, DD is pulling at my pant-leg, so that's my cue to sign off! Hope you all have a great day!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-05-2005 09:39 AM

Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning. :cp:

Jan Miles = 6

I ran by the church gym yesterday to check the place out and fill out the paper work. Remember I mentioned getting a 6 month membership for only $25 (it was a Christmas special). They have a half court basketball gym with a carpeted walking track around it. I noticed the sign said something like "walkers - 18 times around the track = 1 mile". My first thought was I would get plumb dizzy trying to keep count to clock my miles while going round and round :dizzy: But thankfully I have my pace down where I know when I am doing a 15 minute mile or a 13 minute mile even. There is no way I would count while I was walking those laps. That would be soooooooo boring.

I also noticed that people were on all 3 of the treadmills and several of the weight machines were being used, so it looks like the place will be pretty busy during the lunch hour, at least while people are sticking to their new years resolutions anyway. I'm with you Mel - I don't think I'm gonna care for exercising around other people - I am use to doing it alone, but we will see. It is a nice alternative I guess to walking outside, walking the mall, or doing my WATP videos. We will just see how it goes.

Mel - I am so jealous! an eliptical trainer! wow! how awesome! you will have to tell us all about it when you get it and use it! hugs!

SunnyD did you get a chance to walk after Joe went back to work or are you trying to catch your breath? hugs!

Ok so now where are the rest of our walking buddies?

hugs,
cathy

SunnyD57 01-05-2005 08:53 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...undertree2.jpg
*My Domino under the tree Christmas Day*

Finally!!! I have gotten on and stayed on!! I put up a FIREWALL the other day and am wondering if that had something to do with my having a hard time? It seems that everytime an ad would try to pop up that's when I would loose the post / site. I stayed on most of the day and tried on and off and then finally decided to change the level of my firewall and finally got on.

We had a awesome Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! We were very busy everyday, but totally chilled out on New Years day together --- it was absolutely blissful!!! Knowing we didn't have to be anywhere and all I had to do was put in the turkey. And the aroma of that bird was heavenly :smug: Not to mention that it tasted mighty good too :T if I do say so myself...

*~*~*

Hi Cathy, Dharma, Mel & Sarah :wave: How WONDERFUL to see you all! I really tried to come back yesterday, but the darn computer was trying to hard to protect me :lol:

I did begin to walk again yesterday and have gotten in 3 miles so far... as for weight-gain: I gained 2 pounds back during the Holiday's myself --- temporary ;) The reports are that the average person gains 7 lbs. :yikes: from Nov 24th thru Jan 1st... we'll all get back *on track* again, together :goodvibes As I said... I began my walking again yesterday and ! whew :faint: ! was it hard for me! It sure didn't take long at all to get out of shape... I haven't walked on a regular basis since Nov!!! And feel it!! But I must say that it sure felt good to walk!

Thanks Cathy for all the info and for keeping this thread alive. I agree with Mel --- you are doing awesome girl!!! So much energy... you put me to shame ;) Keep it up!!!! I too am a loner exerciser and enjoy it. 18 times around - are they crazy :dizzy:

You too Mel! Wow! 140's --- I so wish! I hope & pray that I make my goal of 155 this summer. Are you still doing the LA Wt-loss? How are you feeling on the program? Congrats on the new Elliptical Trainer!!! I have one and my T-Mill and switch on & off from one to the other. Enjoy!

I know what you mean about needing to unwind... me too!!! I too have been so very busy each day since Thanksgiving and finally have my time back to catch up with myself.

Dharma, you did an awesome job of sticking with your exercise during the holidays --- I am totally impressed too! That is not easy to do!! Thumbs up girl!!!

Sarah, I went to your Blog and now understand what you are going through --- I am so very sorry :( I will keep you very close in my prayers, okay. You will beat this - you'll see :goodvibes You have the will and the courage it takes to do so. :grouphug: I wish I were close enough to give you a hug in person! *God's Blessings!* Do listen to your Dr's and don't push yourself further then you should, okay. You will need so much rest during the chemo treatments. Will you still come by and let us know how you are doing?? Please :^:

Okay... where is everyone else???? All you MIA's get till the 7th of January - a whole week to catch up with yourself - then I hope to see you back :yes: ;) Okay :D

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez 01-06-2005 01:21 AM

YAHOO! Sunny's back! :D We sure did miss you something bad, girly girl! :) Sounds like you had a crazy-awesome holiday season! And thanks for posting the pic of Domino! Sure looks like he found himself a nice little hiding spot! ;)

Glad to hear you're getting back OP and you're certainly off to a wicked start with those 3 miles! Good for you, you'll reach 155 in no time! :) I just know it! :D You're doing fabulously, lady... keep up the great work!

Yes, I'm still on LA Wt-loss and I'm really enjoying the program! It cost a pretty penny, but I figure my health is certainly worth that much. And I find that the three mandatory visits to the centre each week seem to keep me on the straight and narrow. Based on the 2lb loss per week, I should be down to my goal weight by April 1st... and so far, I've been keeping up with that. So I guess we'll see.

Anyways girls, it's getting late and I have a few more things to get done before I toddle off to bed. But take care of yourselves and keep up the excellent work! Hope you all have a happy and healthy day tomorrow! :)

~mel

SunnyD57 01-06-2005 07:01 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cc17kid171.gif Hi there!!!!! :wave:

Awwe Mel... you are just too kind to me --- you are gonna give me a big head with all your kind words :^: :smug: ;) Thank you!

You are doing pretty darn good too --- 4 Miles under your belt. I didn't walk today as I hoped to... didn't feel very good. I have a real bad sore throat that started hurting at around 11:00 this morning. Hope it goes away soon! I will go for a walk on my T-Mill for sure in the morning if I am not full blown sick by then :crossed: Hope I'm not!

I have more pictures on this thread if you are interested in seeing, Mel :D

LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...091#post746091

We had such a wonderful Holiday season this year beginning with Thanksgiving & moving right into the New Year! How about YOU!???? Did you have a MERRY Christmas too? Was Santa kind to you :) :D I got my new Olympus Stylus 410 Weatherproof Digital Camera and an Epson Photo Printer (& then some), so he was very kind to me!

*~*~*

Okay... where is everyone?? :?: ??
Dharma * Brenda * Abirdee * Scoobie Sue * Kristi *
Sheila * Janine * KJ * Mrs. Beasley * Heather * Gabrielle *
Deb * Kari * Clarrie * Kerry * Amy * Michelle Rae
... just to name a few!

Cathy & Sarah... hope that you both are doing well too and just busy. I am praying for you Sarah :bubbles:

Good Night all...
Know that you are all in my prayers for a very
Successful and Healthy New Year of 2005!!!

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Isabeau 01-06-2005 07:08 PM

Can I join in this club? I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to exercising/dieting, or should I say the off-and-on of exercising/dieting! I was a step aerobics queen back in the day, then something happened, not sure what, but I decided to stop it altogether. Needless to say, I'm back on the "treadmill"!

I just joined Curves, have already been 2x this week, and my 3rd time will be tomorrow. I love it! I walk to and from the gym, it's about 1 mile away, so that'll add to my cardio. I work at home and have a 1-1/2 hour lunch, so I'm hoping to get in another 1 or 2 miles during that time. Wish me luck!

Juliana

SunnyD57 01-06-2005 07:13 PM

*Welcome*

**WELCOME Juliana!**

Sure you may join us... it's OPEN to everyone! The more the merrier :D
Sounds like you are off to a great start!

*Luck * Luck * Luck!* ;)
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx 01-06-2005 07:57 PM

hey gang! :wave:
wow I was so busy today that I almost forgot to log my miles.

I walked 40 minutes during lunch on the walking track at the gym. My brother came and met me bec he "wanted to talk", so I didn't really keep the pace that I usually do. I am use to doing a 13 or 15 minute mile, but anyway, I'm sure I walked a little over 2 miles, but will call it an even 2.

Jan Miles = 8