3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/51059-january-walkers%7Ejust-walking-away-pounds.html)

KAR73 01-20-2005 07:30 PM

Evening Ladies,
I went back through my excerise log that I keep and figured out that I have walked 30 miles already this month. I did 2 miles this morning before getting ready to go to school. I am so glad that I did, since I needed all the extra energy I had. Both of my aides were out sick today and I had two subs in my room. My kids were beautifully behaved today. I was very proud of them after being off school three days this week. One for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, one was a teacher inservice day and yesterday was a snow day. Today we went and got hammered with the snow. I really don't think we will have school tomorrow. So I might be able to log in a few extra miles tomorrow if that is the case.
Well I need to go and get some work done around the house. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
Kerry

macdeez 01-21-2005 01:57 AM

Well... WB to Kerry! And great work, lady! Getting 30 miles in already this month! Rock on! :cp:

And Cathy, 25mi is also quite the accomplishment! Good work, girly! :bravo:

Sunny, sounds like you had a nice visit with your friend! It's so nice to get together with your gf's and chat the day away! :cofdate: I wish I had more friends here in Kelowna to do that with...! Good for you getting 13 miles in! It's a great way to start off the New Year, for sure!!! Keep up the fantastic work! :tread:

As for me, well, I'm laggin' behind in the miles-dept... but hope to catch up now that DH and I discovered that indoor-track. You can only do so many laps around the mall, you know?! :dizzy:

WI went VERY well tonight! Down another 2lbs! WOOP WOOP! I only have another 2 to go before I reach: a) my January goal, and b) my half way mark! I'm really very excited! :) DH and I went out shopping tonight (yes, getting those mall-miles in! ;) ) and I even managed to get myself in to a size 7!!! Wowzers!!! I think the last time I fit a 7 was.... hmmm... my first year of university... so hmmm... 8 yrs ago. Now granted, I didn't purchase them... I don't feel exactly confident enough in the pants (still have tone up a little, you know?) but still....! :cb:

The weekend looks pretty good... going out with some friends on Saturday to celebrate DH's 30th birthday... I'll be sure to post pics! <--- There's bound to be a good chuckle in there for you ladies! ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay happy and healthy! Type you all later!

~mel

Soon2BFitChick 01-21-2005 08:39 AM

Hey everyone! :wave: How are you all? I'm doing ok.. was gone most of the day yesterday.. well, from 11 am to 1030pm..uggh! But I did my exercising that morning! Yay! I jogged for 30 mins, did my toning and stretching, drank 24 oz. of water, ate some low fat cereal, and did some deep breathing. All I had to do that night at about 11pm to get my steps up to par was walk/jog 1200 more steps. I hit about 15,500 I think. Whew! :hat: I've been trying to stay above 15K, not just 10K per day.

It's not always possible.. but lately I have been able to make it happen.. more days in January than not. So that's cool. I'm up to about 97 miles, approx. I might be taking one of the kids to the doc today for a checkup.. I will call this morning to see if I can get him in. If I do, I'll weigh (scary). I just hate the scale so much! BC you all know how when you weigh, you might just be bloated, and the next day show a 3 lb. loss. They say your body can gain and lose whole lbs in one day depending on when we eat, drink, etc. Makes sense. Ok, so I measured myself this morning. It looks like maybe 1/4 of an inch down. If I can just keep that! (measurements are bad about bouncing around too.)

Congrats to everyone! You all are doing so well! :cheer:

shoequeen69 01-21-2005 11:31 AM

Hi ladies! Sounds like you're all doing very well. I'm quite behind on my exercise. I haven't exercised since before the holidays! :eek: I just started back this week. I did tennis on Wed. and aerobics on Thursday. I'm hoping to get back to walking during lunch next week. Its been so beautiful here in Texas. 72 degrees! :sunny: I'm not going to set a mile goal right now since I'm just barely starting back. Just wanted to drop you all a line. You're doing very good! Keep it up! Later - Amy

cathyxxx 01-22-2005 12:54 PM

good morning gang! :wave:

This morning I went with my 20 year old son to walk and jog our 2 mile block. He liked to have killed me, but I made it in 20 minutes. Then I did 20 minutes of weights and my 50 situps.

Jan Miles = 27

It is warm here today, but suppose to be in the 20's tomorrow morning. I see on the national news that it is REALLY COLD up north! how are ya'll doing? staying warm? eating hot soup? staying off the roads? wow!

I need to go color my hair and work on the laundry and get something cooked for the day. I hope everyone has a great day!

hugs,
cathy

KAR73 01-22-2005 07:15 PM

Evening Ladies,
Cathy going for a walk/jog outside sounds like fun. I did 3 one mile walking videos with my stepdaughter this morning. She is only 8 and could have done some more I think. LOL I then waited a little while and then rode my excerise bike for about 45 minutes. So I feel good today. This afternoon I went outside with my stepkids and we played in the snow. It felt good to be a little kid again. I went sledding down our hill and almost landed in the road. So that did it for me today. Then I came in and helped my dh make a big pot of chili for dinner. So that was how I spent my winter day. I have now logged 35 miles in for the month. So I only have 10 more miles to go to reach my goal.
Well I was just wanted to check in with everyone. Hope you are all staying in where it is nice and warm.
Take care,
Kerry

Soon2BFitChick 01-22-2005 08:25 PM

Hey!

Hey ya'll! How is everyone?

Amy, welcome back. LOL.. makes it sound like I'm a reg, but I just found this place! :D :wave:

Cathy, Sounds like you are doing very well. 2 miles in 20 mins. Wow! :cheer: Can't wait to get to that point. I'm probably doing 2 miles in 30 mins now.. dunno really.

Oh and Kerry! I love snow! Well, when we ever get some. I have played in snow once when I was 8 and this last Christmas Eve. First white Christmas Eve here in many, many years. We filmed all of us playing in it. It was nighttime and everyone loved it. Went for a hayride and all that. Fun fun. I've never been sledding or skiing. :( (Not that I'd do very well if I did..lol!)

I've been doing well I think with my food, water and exercise this week.. Yay! But I'm not losing inches like I have b4. I hope it's just a phase. I have a friend who lost 50 in 6 months, sorta like me.. then the next year only lost 30 more . .. All year! :o I am gonna be so mad if that happens to me. :mad:

Well, hope you all are doing well. Type with you later! Hugs!

lottie63 01-22-2005 10:55 PM

Hi, I'd like to join! I walk 3 times a week, 2 miles a day when it's not snowing/freezing cold then I can only manage 1 mile...

my bf got me an ipod, headphones, and a pedometer for xmas to encourage me to get out there and walk and boy did it work!!!

glad to have found this place....!!!

KAR73 01-23-2005 07:59 PM

Evening Ladies,
Hope everyone is staying nice and warm. It is very cold here. I walked to church and back this morning since it is two minutes from my house. So that is my walk for the day, since it was too cold out here. This morning I did 45 minutes on my gazelle for my excerise today. I felt really good today after I cleaned out my closet and a couple of drawers of my old clothes that don't fit me anymore. I have a lot of clothes set aside for a yard sale this spring. So then I will have some money to buy skinnier clothes. Well I better go and get off my butt. I am freezing and need to warm up some. So I will ride my excerise bike to warm up. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

debzdogz 01-23-2005 11:04 PM

Snow, Snow and more Snow!

Yikes! We were hit with a beauty of a blizzard this weekend! No walking for me (not that i did much this month anyway!) :o But i was out there shoveling for a good part of the afternoon once it was over. We had a little over 12 inches but the drifts were 3 feet or more. i had to shovel layers of snow. Luckily my brother (lives around the block) came by with his huge snowblower and a neighbor...they finished up my house and worked on our elderly neighbor next door and the younger one across the street who has a pacemaker. So i consider the shoveling my exercise for the weekend! :D Of course i WILL be sore as ever tomorrow!

Welcome to Selina and Lottie! i know you'll enjoy the friends you make here!

As for the rest of you gals...keep it up! i am so proud of all you are doing!

Bed time for me!
deb

KAR73 01-23-2005 11:54 PM

Welcome Lottie! Hope we are able to help motivate you!
Deb sounds like you definately got you excerise in for the day. We didn't get as much snow as you did. We got about 4 to 5 inches and then ice on top of that. Makes for some slippery sidewalks and roads.
Well I rode my excerise bike for 45 minutes and warmed up. Then I got a second wind of engery and cleaned up the kitchen from dinner,unloaded the dishwasher and filled it right back up,made my green tea for the next couple of days, packed my lunch and dinner for tomorrow, laid out my clothes for tomorrow, gave my sds a shower, laid out his clothes and took out the trash and recycling. So I think I am ready for bed. I better sleep really good tonight. Hope you are all doing fine. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kerry

lottie63 01-24-2005 11:08 PM

I went shopping today, walked at LEAST two miles if not more, and a half mile carrying tons of groceries home... in the snow!

macdeez 01-25-2005 12:12 AM

Hey gals, just a quick post tonight! WI went FAB-U-LOUS tonight! Down another couple pounds! So I've now reached my 1/2 way point! 19 gone... 19 to go! Wahoo! :cb: Another 9.5 weeks left of my program and I should be there. I really can't wait!

Congrats to all you ladies on getting in your miles! Keep up the phenom work! You're all doing amazing!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day tomorrow! :) Very best wishes!

~mel

KAR73 01-25-2005 10:00 AM

Congrats Mel on your weight loss! Keep up the good work. That must make you feel awesome!
I have done 39 miles so far this month as of this morning. So I will reach my goal here in the next few days. I have my TOPS WI tonight and I am hoping to be down a couple of more pounds. I am hoping to be in the land of Onderland. Plus I was working really hard to lose another pound this week so I can earn my 30 pound pin from TOPS. I hope it get it tonight.
I have noticed that since I have lost some more weight here recently, I have been granted more engery and I am accomplishing more tasks through out the day. I guess this is a good thing.
Well I better go and get my kids back on task,thier special is over with now. I will check back with you all later tonight to let you know the results from my WI. Hope you are all having a great day!
Kerry

Soon2BFitChick 01-25-2005 10:43 AM

Hey peeps! :wave:

You all are sounding very busy! Me too! So far so good over here.. wish I wasn't hungry after I'm done with my cals. I don't go over on fat, but I sometimes go over a little on cals. That sucks. :(

Kerry, You are doing great on your miles. ^5! And you gotta love the extra energy.

Yay Mel! 19 lbs. gone forever!! hee hee.. Good job!

Lottie, you're so cute! I saw your pic. Very good, 2.5 miles while shopping... two birds with one stone.. poor birds, but you get what I mean. ;)

Thanx for the welcome Deb! Nice to meet u too!

Cathy, You're doing very well with your Jan. miles too!

Amy, where are u in Tx? I'm in West Houston.

Y'all have a great day and week! Oh and who does TOPS. I'm thinking I needa join something. May do that or WW again. I need access to an accurate scale. And I like being around others who are doing this. No one I know is actively, seriously dieting or changing habits.

Gotta run, bye for now! :)