3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/51059-january-walkers%7Ejust-walking-away-pounds.html)

SunnyD57 01-01-2005 10:22 AM

JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ear3_20051.gif
*HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!*

Can you gals believe that it's 2005 already?!

Well, I survived 2004 and I hope that you all did too --- although, I'd like to find the Mac Truck that it me this morning :faint: I don't drink so it's not because of that, but I did eat! And boy do I have a food hang-over this morning! I haven't eaten like I did last night in months!!!!

My Joe is off on Monday (1-3), so I will begin my walking come this Tuesday (1-4) ~ I have to really think things over (as to my goals for miles) before I post them, but believe me --- I am looking forward to routine again... how about you gals??? Does routine sound nice :) I really do miss walking! Never thought I would say that in my lifetime :^: But mostly I MISS ALL of YOU!!!!

Hope to see all you gals return here and maybe even be blessed enough to see some new posts :D :smug:

I will see you all again on Tuesday (Jan 4th)... till then...
Have a Wonderful FIRST DAY of the Year!!!!

*God's Blessings*
SunnyD
<><

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...57/ccmny21.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cmnyline41.gif

cathyxxx 01-01-2005 05:53 PM

Well hey there SunnyD and our walking gang!

I am really glad that December is over and I can get back to something "normal". whatever that is. haha I did very little "exercise walking" last month but did run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I am not gonna set a number goal this month, but I am going to walk and exercise as much as I possibly can. This time of the year is really busy for me with end of the year stuff and taxes and such but I am looking forward to getting in as much exercise as possible. I joined a church gym for 6 months for $25 and I look forward to walking there some before work or during lunch or after work. Just whenever I can work it in.

I am so glad that today is a new day, and the beginning of a new week, a new month, and a new year! nothing like a clean slate huh! ;)

I cleaned house for 6 hours today and that was my exercise! it all counts! ;)

hugs & blessings,
cathy

dharmaspell 01-01-2005 10:03 PM

My Jan goal is again 48 miles. I came really close in Dec (43 miles) so I know this month I'll hit the mark. :D

macdeez 01-01-2005 10:15 PM

Geez, it's 2005! Already! I can hardly believe how fast time is slippin' by! Crazy, isn't it?

Well, I sure hope you all had a lovely holiday season and that you're off to a happy and healthy start this new year! :) Very best wishes to all of you!

I'm doing alright... and have entered the 140's! Haven't been in this range for a few years now and I'm so totally hyped to be headed in the right direction! I'm aiming to lose another 7lbs this month (which of course will put me just out of reach of the 130's!) as well as another 20mi walked and 20x @ the gym. Now that things are starting to slow down, I'm pretty sure it'll be easier to find time enough to get my exercise in.

Well girls, looking forward to another great month with all of you! Best of luck in reaching your goals... I know you can do it! :D Take care of yourselves!

~mel

lessofsarahtolove 01-01-2005 11:39 PM

Hello, all ~

I'm not going to set a goal for miles either -- I start chemo on the 13th, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to get in. But I'm definitely going to walk regularly throughout my treatment, for as long as I'm able, and as much as I feel I can. I don't have much control over the chemo, but I certainly do over my nutrition and activity. So I'll definitely be here reporting SOME walking, anyway!

Hope everyone has a great new year and a January filled with lots and lots of walking!

cathyxxx 01-03-2005 09:46 AM

Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I was up VERY early this morning and did a 30 minute - 2 mile WATP Express video and then 50 situps.

January = 2 miles

so far so good! ;)

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx 01-04-2005 09:30 AM

hey? where are all my walking buddies?
are ya'll out walking instead of posting?
if so...that is fine! ;) if not, get your little buns in here! :rofl:

hey dharma - that is awesome that you walked that many miles in December. It is really hard to get it in around the holidays! but not you - you did awesome!

hey sarah - I am so sorrry - I must have missed what was going on - but I am so sorry that you are having to go thru chemo! goodness! are you ok girlie? did you know this was coming up or something that came up all of a sudden? you have been so good about exercising and getting healthy! you go girl! I will keep you in my prayers!

I got up early and did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP video with 2 lb weights, and then situps.
Jan Miles = 4

I cannot tell you how GOOD it feels to be exercising like I should!

When I started up my computer this morning, my yahoo page came up and this immediately caught my eye...

"HAPPY TRAILS
Daily walks relieve feelings of anxiety and depression, and increase feelings of enthusiasm and optimism. And that's not all. Daily walks also can help you boost your energy level, enhance your self-image, release tension, manage stress, and improve your ability to fall asleep quickly and sleep well."

I've been reading a lot lately about how important exercise is - and how it is even more effective then antidepressants in fighting depression and anxieties. That sure is some potent stuff - exercise - I mean!
:tread: :strong:

can ya'll hear me cheering us all on! :cheer:

hugs & blessings,
cathy

macdeez 01-04-2005 04:27 PM

Hey all....

January has been a slow start... mostly b/c I haven't been feeling all too well. We were so blinkin' busy over the holidays that I think I need a few days to unwind from all the action. That being said, I'm still eating healthy. Don't want to fall completely off the wagon.

DH and I are going to purchase an eliptical trainer this weekend... which I'm soooooooooooooooooo(!!!) excited about! I decided in the end that I don't feel overly comfortable working out in front of total strangers... I flop around like a fish out of water. It's really not a pretty sight. So best to invest in some home equipment. And even though are house is very.... uh... "cozy"... I'm determined to find space to store it when it's not being used.

Everything else is good. Sure hope it is for the rest of you too!

---

Cathie... good work on getting your miles in! Sounds like you're really geared up for a happy and healthy month! Good for you! Thanks for sharing that blurb from yahoo... and you're right, exercising is some potent stuff! :) Keep at it, lady, you're doing fabulous! :D

Dharma... I second Cathie's opinion... you did marvelous in December! You'll certainly kick up some dust in January! :D Keep it up, girl... you'll reach your goal in no time!

Sarah... best of luck next week, girl! We'll all be thinking of you! Don't push yourself with the exercise, definitely take it at the speed that your body allows. The rest will fall into place. :) Very best wishes sent your way!

As for everyone else... hope you're all keeping well and that we'll be seeing you online soon! Take care of yourselves! :)

---

Anyways, DD is pulling at my pant-leg, so that's my cue to sign off! Hope you all have a great day!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-05-2005 09:39 AM

I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning. :cp:

Jan Miles = 6

I ran by the church gym yesterday to check the place out and fill out the paper work. Remember I mentioned getting a 6 month membership for only $25 (it was a Christmas special). They have a half court basketball gym with a carpeted walking track around it. I noticed the sign said something like "walkers - 18 times around the track = 1 mile". My first thought was I would get plumb dizzy trying to keep count to clock my miles while going round and round :dizzy: But thankfully I have my pace down where I know when I am doing a 15 minute mile or a 13 minute mile even. There is no way I would count while I was walking those laps. That would be soooooooo boring.

I also noticed that people were on all 3 of the treadmills and several of the weight machines were being used, so it looks like the place will be pretty busy during the lunch hour, at least while people are sticking to their new years resolutions anyway. I'm with you Mel - I don't think I'm gonna care for exercising around other people - I am use to doing it alone, but we will see. It is a nice alternative I guess to walking outside, walking the mall, or doing my WATP videos. We will just see how it goes.

Mel - I am so jealous! an eliptical trainer! wow! how awesome! you will have to tell us all about it when you get it and use it! hugs!

SunnyD did you get a chance to walk after Joe went back to work or are you trying to catch your breath? hugs!

Ok so now where are the rest of our walking buddies?

hugs,
cathy

SunnyD57 01-05-2005 08:53 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...undertree2.jpg
*My Domino under the tree Christmas Day*

Finally!!! I have gotten on and stayed on!! I put up a FIREWALL the other day and am wondering if that had something to do with my having a hard time? It seems that everytime an ad would try to pop up that's when I would loose the post / site. I stayed on most of the day and tried on and off and then finally decided to change the level of my firewall and finally got on.

We had a awesome Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! We were very busy everyday, but totally chilled out on New Years day together --- it was absolutely blissful!!! Knowing we didn't have to be anywhere and all I had to do was put in the turkey. And the aroma of that bird was heavenly :smug: Not to mention that it tasted mighty good too :T if I do say so myself...

*~*~*

Hi Cathy, Dharma, Mel & Sarah :wave: How WONDERFUL to see you all! I really tried to come back yesterday, but the darn computer was trying to hard to protect me :lol:

I did begin to walk again yesterday and have gotten in 3 miles so far... as for weight-gain: I gained 2 pounds back during the Holiday's myself --- temporary ;) The reports are that the average person gains 7 lbs. :yikes: from Nov 24th thru Jan 1st... we'll all get back *on track* again, together :goodvibes As I said... I began my walking again yesterday and ! whew :faint: ! was it hard for me! It sure didn't take long at all to get out of shape... I haven't walked on a regular basis since Nov!!! And feel it!! But I must say that it sure felt good to walk!

Thanks Cathy for all the info and for keeping this thread alive. I agree with Mel --- you are doing awesome girl!!! So much energy... you put me to shame ;) Keep it up!!!! I too am a loner exerciser and enjoy it. 18 times around - are they crazy :dizzy:

You too Mel! Wow! 140's --- I so wish! I hope & pray that I make my goal of 155 this summer. Are you still doing the LA Wt-loss? How are you feeling on the program? Congrats on the new Elliptical Trainer!!! I have one and my T-Mill and switch on & off from one to the other. Enjoy!

I know what you mean about needing to unwind... me too!!! I too have been so very busy each day since Thanksgiving and finally have my time back to catch up with myself.

Dharma, you did an awesome job of sticking with your exercise during the holidays --- I am totally impressed too! That is not easy to do!! Thumbs up girl!!!

Sarah, I went to your Blog and now understand what you are going through --- I am so very sorry :( I will keep you very close in my prayers, okay. You will beat this - you'll see :goodvibes You have the will and the courage it takes to do so. :grouphug: I wish I were close enough to give you a hug in person! *God's Blessings!* Do listen to your Dr's and don't push yourself further then you should, okay. You will need so much rest during the chemo treatments. Will you still come by and let us know how you are doing?? Please :^:

Okay... where is everyone else???? All you MIA's get till the 7th of January - a whole week to catch up with yourself - then I hope to see you back :yes: ;) Okay :D

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

macdeez 01-06-2005 01:21 AM

YAHOO! Sunny's back! :D We sure did miss you something bad, girly girl! :) Sounds like you had a crazy-awesome holiday season! And thanks for posting the pic of Domino! Sure looks like he found himself a nice little hiding spot! ;)

Glad to hear you're getting back OP and you're certainly off to a wicked start with those 3 miles! Good for you, you'll reach 155 in no time! :) I just know it! :D You're doing fabulously, lady... keep up the great work!

Yes, I'm still on LA Wt-loss and I'm really enjoying the program! It cost a pretty penny, but I figure my health is certainly worth that much. And I find that the three mandatory visits to the centre each week seem to keep me on the straight and narrow. Based on the 2lb loss per week, I should be down to my goal weight by April 1st... and so far, I've been keeping up with that. So I guess we'll see.

Anyways girls, it's getting late and I have a few more things to get done before I toddle off to bed. But take care of yourselves and keep up the excellent work! Hope you all have a happy and healthy day tomorrow! :)

~mel

SunnyD57 01-06-2005 07:01 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cc17kid171.gif Hi there!!!!! :wave:

Awwe Mel... you are just too kind to me --- you are gonna give me a big head with all your kind words :^: :smug: ;) Thank you!

You are doing pretty darn good too --- 4 Miles under your belt. I didn't walk today as I hoped to... didn't feel very good. I have a real bad sore throat that started hurting at around 11:00 this morning. Hope it goes away soon! I will go for a walk on my T-Mill for sure in the morning if I am not full blown sick by then :crossed: Hope I'm not!

I have more pictures on this thread if you are interested in seeing, Mel :D

LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...091#post746091

We had such a wonderful Holiday season this year beginning with Thanksgiving & moving right into the New Year! How about YOU!???? Did you have a MERRY Christmas too? Was Santa kind to you :) :D I got my new Olympus Stylus 410 Weatherproof Digital Camera and an Epson Photo Printer (& then some), so he was very kind to me!

*~*~*

Okay... where is everyone?? :?: ??
Dharma * Brenda * Abirdee * Scoobie Sue * Kristi *
Sheila * Janine * KJ * Mrs. Beasley * Heather * Gabrielle *
Deb * Kari * Clarrie * Kerry * Amy * Michelle Rae
... just to name a few!

Cathy & Sarah... hope that you both are doing well too and just busy. I am praying for you Sarah :bubbles:

Good Night all...
Know that you are all in my prayers for a very
Successful and Healthy New Year of 2005!!!

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Isabeau 01-06-2005 07:08 PM

Can I join in this club? I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to exercising/dieting, or should I say the off-and-on of exercising/dieting! I was a step aerobics queen back in the day, then something happened, not sure what, but I decided to stop it altogether. Needless to say, I'm back on the "treadmill"!

I just joined Curves, have already been 2x this week, and my 3rd time will be tomorrow. I love it! I walk to and from the gym, it's about 1 mile away, so that'll add to my cardio. I work at home and have a 1-1/2 hour lunch, so I'm hoping to get in another 1 or 2 miles during that time. Wish me luck!

Juliana

SunnyD57 01-06-2005 07:13 PM

*Welcome*

**WELCOME Juliana!**

Sure you may join us... it's OPEN to everyone! The more the merrier :D
Sounds like you are off to a great start!

*Luck * Luck * Luck!* ;)
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx 01-06-2005 07:57 PM

hey gang! :wave:
wow I was so busy today that I almost forgot to log my miles.

I walked 40 minutes during lunch on the walking track at the gym. My brother came and met me bec he "wanted to talk", so I didn't really keep the pace that I usually do. I am use to doing a 13 or 15 minute mile, but anyway, I'm sure I walked a little over 2 miles, but will call it an even 2.

Jan Miles = 8

macdeez 01-07-2005 01:35 PM

Sunny... it's so easy to say kind words when it's about a kind person! :D And I'm VERY sorry to hear that you have a sore throat! Tis the season, I suppose. :( I really hope you're on the mend now and that you can get back into the swing of things! :)

Thanks for the link to the other pictures... I especially love the one of Zeppe nibbling at the tasty-looking Gingerbread House! :lol: Sooooooo cute! Oh, and I have to say... Joe has the most friendliest face I think I've ever seen! It certainly looks like you all (kitties included!) had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so very glad for you, girl!

Yes, I had a nice Christmas as well. Thanks for asking. :) Really busy, though... and a little difficult since my Nana and aunt just passed away. Tavis and I commissioned an art student from the University here to sketch Nana and Poppa's wedding portrait (they were married just shy of 61yrs!), then had it framed and gave it to Poppa for his Christmas present. The look on his face will definitely rank as one of my most favorite memories of all time. :)

Cathie... You are certainly on your way this month, aren't you?! Good for you, girly! I don't suppose you could walk enough miles for me too, huh? No, I didn't think so. If only it worked that way! ;) Keep up the fantastic work!

Juliana... A big welcome to you... and best of luck in your weightloss journey! I'm looking forward to reading more about your successes! :)

---

DH and I are going out with some friends this evening and I'm really quite excited about some "adult" time. I think the last evening we had without Meleigha was in late September, so yeah, we're due. ;) Other than that, not much on the weekend agenda. How about you gals?

Anyways, DD is wanting to play Hungry Hungry Hippos, so I really should get going! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Take care of yourselves!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-08-2005 01:34 PM

anybody walking today?

I don't have to clean house today so I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP Express tape. :cp:

Jan Miles = 12

hugs,
cahty

lessofsarahtolove 01-08-2005 07:15 PM

Oh, Cathy, I LOVE the 4-mile Express walk! It's my favorite. No walking for me yet, between my energy being just at rock bottom and daily doctor's appointments. It really is literally DAILY, including today. :dizzy: I have a respite tomorrow and Monday, so I'm planning on getting in at least one walk one of those days. Then on Tuesday I get my port (chest catheter) put in under general anesthesia and on Wednesday I meet with my oncologist and then on Thursday I'll have my first chemo. But I AM planning on getting in at least 3 walks per week for as long as I can.

SunnyD57 01-09-2005 07:51 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...WinterFun6.gif
Good Sunday Morning Gals,

I'm sorry, but haven't been around or walked lately --- that sore throat I got on Thursday has turned into full blown FLU :p So I have been laid up the last few days, missing out on my nephews 22nd birthday party last night and church this morning :( I sure haven't had a very healthy beginning to the new year, but on the bright side... maybe now that I have gotten it just about done & over with --- I will do better for the rest of the winter months leaving it all behind me now ;) I can hope :D

*~*~*

Sarah, It is so good to hear from you even though you are not walking right now... keep up your spirits girl, you are doing so well! Know that you are in my continued thoughts and prayers during this very rough time in your life. Do you have support there with you when you are going to the Dr's? I hope you aren't alone...

Cathy, You are doing so well!!!! :bravo: I am surprised you still come to our humble thread... well... being I haven't walked much these days. I feel terrible about it :( But I hate to give up the thread, I know I will get back into the swing of things again. Keep it up girly... you are my inspiration right now!!

Mel, How are you doing these days? Have you gotten any miles under your belt?

Glad you enjoyed all my pictures... I post allot of them on that thread, it's fun & they enjoy it. They are a great group of gals there too. Yeah :^: , my Joe is very charismatic, people just love him right off (I sure did :D ). I am so glad to hear that you had such a nice Christmas Holiday too. That portrait of your grandparents was a wonderful gift idea... how special that will be for all generations now.

How was your evening out on Friday with your friends? Have a good time?

Juliana, How are you doing? Gotten any more miles in? I do hope you will come back again...

*~*~*

Well, I am sorry to say that it's off to bed for me again. When I stay up too long I get a bit dizzy :dizzy: then again... :lol:

Have a Great Sunday Gals!!!
Luvs,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

debzdogz 01-09-2005 09:57 AM

i'm baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!

My oh my i am truly either the Queen of Procrastination or just a plain lazy bones! Sorry i was AWOL for a few weeks...but i was thinkin' of you guys!

Had terrific holidays...then had vacation the week between Christmas & New Years. Just relaxed mostly...and did some shopping (does that count as a walk? :dizzy: ) and my Mom & i painted our hallway-one of many home improvement resolutions we made!

Now that i made it through my first week back to work i am planning on getting back into the swing of things. i was at a wedding last night so i danced my feet off instead of walking! i LOVE to dance! Today i am paying for it :lol: ...very sore...but that's ok. i may get a short walk in with my dog Dana...if the feet can take it.

Cathy-you are an absolute inspiration! i am in awe at how you can keep at your goal. When i feel like just veggin' instead of movin' i will think of you!

Sunny-Hey you! i haven't lost my way as you can see! Hope you are feeling better. Something is going around at my work...gotta take some extra vitamin C maybe to keep it at bay!

Mel-nice to see you are still here! i know you can keep up the good work!

Julian-WELCOME :D you will LOVE this bunch without a doubt!

Sarah-i am for sure keeping you in my prayers...and with all the prayers & support you will have from this group, not to mention the strength i feel from you...you WILL beat this!

i ordered the Walkblaster set months ago, but have yet to do it as i need to move some furniture around so i have room.

sayin' so long for now!
deb

macdeez 01-09-2005 09:56 PM

Had myself a nice weekend... even with our friends unable to join us for an evening out. The roads were hideous and being that they're all from out of town, they decided not to risk the drive. Definitely a good idea. In the end, Tavis and I went out for dinner and then to a movie (National Treasure). It had been years (3, to be precise) since we had the chance to go to the theatre, so we really quite enjoyed ourselves. And the movie was pretty good; action, adventure, some comedy. I mean, c'mon, with Nick Cage, you can pretty well be guaranteed a good flick. :)

Tomorrow is WI... and I'm really aiming to be down in the 146 range! I guess we'll see! I lost another pound as of Friday evening and with every ounce gone, I'm feeling so much better about myself. It's such an emotional journey, isn't it? You learn so much about yourself and so much about why life took you where it did. I certainly have become more aware of why I allowed myself to become someone I didn't even recognize. It really is a daily awareness though.

Anyway.

---

Sarah... my very best wishes sent your way, girl! And like Sunny, I hope you have someone you can lean on, someone to support you through the seemingly-endless dr's appointments! :) Please let us know how you're doing and don't push yourself too hard. We're all thinking of you! :)

Sunny... I'm sorry to hear that your sore throat became a full-fledge cold, and that you had to miss your nephew's party because of it. I sure hope you are feeling better now. Don't feel bad about not getting your miles in, just take time for yourself to recoup and soon, you'll be right as rain and walking like crazy! :) As for me, yes, I've been slowly getting my miles in. It's hard to do so with all the wintery conditions, but just a few months from now it'll be Spring and we can all enjoy the warmer days. :) I'm really not much for cold weather. I can handle the rain like there's no tomorrow, in fact, I grew up on Vancouver Island which I would liken the typical weather there to Seattle, but the snow... ummm... I'd rather not have anything to do with it. :lol:

Deb... Sounds like you've been crazy-busy what with the holidays, vacation, and now back to work. And it definitely sounds like you had a great time at that wedding... dancing, dancing, dancing! :) Good for you! Hey, and excercise is excercise, so yeah, it absolutely counts! :) Keep up the fantastic work!

Cathy... as always, you're doing phenom! Where do you get all your energy from? ;) Keep it up, girl!

---

Well, I should be off, lots still to get done this evening. Take care and I hope you all have a happy and healthy day tomorrow! :)

~mel

debzdogz 01-10-2005 11:00 PM

Hi!

Thought i would pop in while i'm having my Chai Latte to say a quick hello. Alas there was no walking for me yesterday or today. That dancing at the wedding seriously did me in. On my feet all day at work then out to pick up doggie food and i was wiped out tonight.

i hear we are in for some icky weather now so i really gotta set up that Walkblaster. Has anyone ever tried the vitamin/herbal supplements by Leslie? i tried the sample with the Walkblaster...i am thinking they actually gave me some energy! Can it really be?

Mel-How did the weigh in go? Hope it was successful! i am thinking of purchasing a scale...ours is so old.

Sunny-Feeling better? Hope so!

Cathy-i can only think that if you ain't postin' you're out walking...you go girl!

Sarah-Many hugs & prayers are sent your way! Be strong!

See ya later!
deb

cathyxxx 01-11-2005 09:24 AM

good morning gang :wave:

Well I didn't get to walk yesterday. life got in the way, but that's the way it goes sometimes. So I set my alarm for 5:00 this morning and drug my tired behind out of the bed and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP video w/2 lb weights, and then 50 situps. I cannot tell you how much better I feel thru the day when I do that - yesterday I was draggin so bad. :faint: but today I'm perky and ready to face the day. :cb:

Jan Miles = 14

hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx 01-12-2005 10:11 AM

hey? hey? hey?
where are all my walking buddies?
out walkin? ;)

I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP Express
this morning and then 50 situps.

Jan Miles = 16

:tread:

hugs, cathy

SunnyD57 01-12-2005 04:54 PM

Hi!!!!

Hey Cathy :wave: Here I am! Sorry I haven't been around... I have been down with that flu-bug, a pretty bad flu! I finally am beginning to feel up to par again. It broke on Monday evening, but I am still feeling very tired from it. I have had it since last Thursday.

You are doing wonderful Cathy!! I feel so badly that it seems that you & Mel are all by your lonesome's right now - walking... I hope to join in real soon! I don't want to jump in too fast after being so ill and then become ill again :o

Hi Deb!!! Good to see you back! Have you tried the new exercise DvD? Do you like it? I am so glad to see you back! I miss our gals!!!

Mel, How are you doing? Getting in some miles?? I am glad that you had a nice time over the last weekend... mine was very boring! Slept, drank tea, and slept some more... did that for 5 days and am still feeling so very tired. This bug is bad... try real hard to stay well, okay.

Sarah, I am praying for you kiddo!!! Sure do hope you feel the love!

*~*~*

My hubby is home... catch you gals soon! Please be patient with me, I'll be walking again real soon --- I am feeling so frustrated with my health these days too... but I am grateful it is just a bug and that soon I will be on the mend.

*God Bless you all!*
:sunny:
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx 01-13-2005 11:22 AM

Sunny - I am so sorry that you have the flu!
Girl you take care of yourself, and definitely don't jump back in too quick!
get well first!
I'm not going anywhere and we will be here when you feel better!

I had a splitting headache when I woke up this morning, so didn't exercise. Glad to say it is much better now and I'm hoping to walk at noon. Will let ya know if I do.

Mel - how did the weigh in go? You are doing AWESOME! I am so proud of you!

Hey Deb - how are the feet? I'm with Mel - exercise is exercise - and it all COUNTS! Let me know how you like the Walkblaster. You mentioned moving furniture around - is it bigger than it looks? I mean does it take up a lot of space? just wondering.

hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx 01-13-2005 02:25 PM

ok - I went to the church gym at noon.

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill (bec they have signs up that says to limit it to 20 minutes at a time), and then 10 minutes around the track (so that I could get in 30 minutes of walking) and then 15 minutes on the weight machines.

soooooooo that is 2 more miles.

Jan Miles = 18

macdeez 01-13-2005 03:00 PM

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple days, I have been thinking about all of you though! And hoping that you are all keeping well!

WI on Monday didn't go well. I was up a pound. And really felt bad for it. But yesterday I was down again so I'm feeling better about having balanced it out. Since I'm on LA Weightloss, and the last couple weeks have been slow to lose, I'm on this "Jump Start" phase again (for the next two days) where I eat 1/2 of a cantaloupe, 2 of their soy-protein bars, 6 oz of lean protein and 2 servings of green vegetables each day. It's supposed to get my metabolism going full tilt again... so we'll see. I thought I would be hungry on it, but so far I'm doing just fine. And water always helps to fill you up.

Managed to get 2 more miles in yesterday, so my exercise is coming along at a decent pace. I really can't wait for all the snow to be gone and for the temp. to be in the positive-range so I can get outdoors and walk. Oh well, Spring will soon be here...!

---
Sarah... VERY best wishes sent your way, girl! We're all thinking of you! Please take care of yourself! :)

Sunny... I certainly hope you feel better soon, as well. That flu sure knocked you on your tush, hey? They're awful things! :( Take your time, and like Cathy said, we'll all be here when you're feeling stronger and ready to get back at it!

Cathy... Good for you, getting another couple miles in! You sure are kickin' some butt as far as miles go! Keep up the excellent work, lady! You truly are an inspiration to us all! :)

Deb... Hoping you are keeping well... and enjoying your Walkblaster! Do let us know how you like it! :) Take care of yourself!

---
Well ladies, I have to go fix lunch now, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Type you soon!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-13-2005 04:40 PM

hey? can I talk to ya'll about something for a minute. I hope I don't sound too weird but here goes....

Ok I have a few thoughts about going to the church gym during lunch. First off, the place was really full today. There are 20 machines, including 3 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes, and the rest are weight machines. There were about 15 people in the place – and several were men. I don’t think I care for exercising around others, but want to give it a chance since it is something new to me and I may just not like that it is “different” then what I am use to. But I was uncomfortable.

And then two other things bothered me – all the mirrors. I mean first off I don’t look at myself (my body) much in the mirror because I don’t like what I see in the mirror because of my weight. I don’t mean I avoid mirrors – I just don’t look at myself much in the mirror.

Well two walls are see thru glass and two walls are solid mirrors, and when you are sitting on these weight machines with your face forward, you are looking straight in the mirror at yourself. I realize you are suppose to be watching yourself for good form, but I don’t like what I see – I don’t like seeing the fat – I don’t know – I’m just not use to seeing myself like that – I don’t watch myself exercise ya know. So then I tried to just focus on my face – look into my eyes in the mirror – well that just felt funny like I was staring at myself or something. haha. Then I noticed this one lady watching me the whole time. I don’t know if she was watching to see how to use the machines, like maybe it was her first time there, but I sure didn’t look like somebody who had it all figured out. haha I even saw her just sitting and counting as I would do my reps. I mean just ask – I will tell you – I’m either doing 3 sets of 10’s or 2 sets of 15’s. It just felt eerie, like I was being watched and I didn’t want to be watched. haha

Then with all the weight machines, here are all these people holding onto the different handles and I just thought about all the germs, and it bothered me. I couldn’t wait to wash my hands – just wondered what all you could come down with from everybody that is in and out of there.

I guess I could get some of the gloves that you wear whenever you are lifting weights – ya know that would keep my bare hands from touching the handles that everybody else has put their germs on. LOL

My gosh – do I sound weird about this! And I getting old and paranoid and ocd about things?

Anybody else ever feel like this?

debzdogz 01-13-2005 11:43 PM

Still bein' kinda lazy!

Hellooooooooo!

Yes---the lazies have set in...but on a GOOD note i have been eating better the past few days!

Cathy-Man, i wish i could bottle your energy! As for the Walkblaster---my problem is it will need to be in view of the tv so i can follow the dvd...but we have a 10 piece sectional, coffee table, end table, bar, card table (with a puzzle-in-progress), antique dresser, video shelf and crib (My mom babysits my niece during the day) all in the rec room...so i need to figure out where i can maneuver the best. It really isn't much bigger than a step i guess.

As far as feeling self conscious (spelling?) at the church gym...i expect that is a normal feeling. You can take the "stares" in stride and try to ignore them or you can use them for a reason to say hi and make a new exercising buddy! Of course being from Jersey my first instinct would be to say "Whadda YOU lookin' at?!) :lol: As for the germ thing...you're gonna find them anywhere and the most common sense approach is just wash your hands after you workout. No soap? use that hand sanitizer stuff that doesn't need water! Way back when, i belonged to an all women gym and it was nice. i used the machines but always had a towel to wipe them down. Then one day they had men trainers there...and i just never went back...i disliked my body as it was so who needed guys around ya know? So you see...normal feelings that you will work through!

Mel-keep up the good work girl! Glad you didn't let that silly old pound get ya down!!!!!! i haven't weighed myself in quite awhile...not sure i will like what i see!

Sunny-Hey hey...almost back in the groooove!!!!!!! Glad to hear it! :cheer:

Julian-where'd ya disappear to? Don't walk TOO far!!!!! ha!

Sarah-i'm praying all is going well with you! :goodvibes

Off to bed i go!
deb

Isabeau 01-14-2005 09:38 AM

Hi everybody! LOL, no I didn't walk too far..yet! I've been going to Curves more than walking, so I guess this should go in the Curves thread. Anway, I've been to Curves 3 times this week, weighed today and lost 2 lbs.! Woo hoo for me. Imagine if I kicked up my walking, maybe woulda been another 1 lb. So, today is errand day. I'm gonna clip on my pedometer, CapMetro it around town (our bus system), and see how many miles I get in.

Thanks for checking up on me..can't slack around here, eh? :D

Will post actual mileage later... Have a great day everybody!

Juliana

macdeez 01-14-2005 10:21 PM

Hey Girls...

Just a quick post tonight...

Went in to get measured this evening and I've lost a total of 7 inches since the beginning of December! I'm very pleased with that! Really hoping to be down 19lbs by the 27th of this month (DH's 30th birthday!). 19lbs will be exactly 1/2 to goal! :)

Weather has been ridiculous here... it's -24C! Bitter cold, for sure! So the weekend pretty much consists of trying to stay warm. I really hope Spring gets here soon!

Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Take care of yourselves and I'll type you all later!

~mel

macdeez 01-14-2005 10:25 PM

Just wanted to send out a HUGE congrats ( :bravo: :cb: :cp: :high: :encore: :cheer: ) to Juliana on her 2lbs lost! WAY TO GO, GIRLY! Keep up the phenom work, you're doing great!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-15-2005 04:36 PM

hey gang!

I cleaned house for 6 hours today and that is my exercise for the day! :faint:

hope everyone has a great weekend!

oh yea - last nite we went to walmart after supper and dh got me some weight gloves (so I don't have to put my bare hands on the handles of the machines at the gym) and a new Leslie Sansone dvd - Walk and Jog! I can't wait to try it out! but too pooped today.

hugs,
cathy

Isabeau 01-16-2005 11:34 AM

Thanks Mel!! Love the cheerleader..rah, rah, rah!

Update on my errand day miles...2.1 miles for Friday.

Today, walked 1.67 miles on the t-mill, did weights, then walked 1.5 miles back home. My legs are burning, but that's a good thing! :D

Y'all have a good Sunday ~

Juliana

cathyxxx 01-17-2005 09:23 AM

WOW Juliana and Mel!

Juliana - CONGRATS ON THE 2 LB LOSS! :cheer:

Mel - CONGRATS ON THE 7 INCHES GONE! :cheer:

wow you gals are doing great!

cathyxxx 01-18-2005 10:48 AM

I got up early today and did my new 30 minute Walk and Jog video by Leslie Sansone. WOW! I think it was just what I needed - a more intense 30 minute walk that was 2 1/2 miles instead of 2. It starts out more intense and then has several intervals of walking fast for 2-3 minutes and and then light jogging for 2-3 minutes. It went by really fast and was a good aerobic workout for me! Then I did 50 situps.

Jan Miles = 20.5

I feel good!

what's everybody up to?
hugs,
cathy

macdeez 01-18-2005 12:56 PM

Haven't gotten any miles in over the last couple days... the weather has been miserable! The temp. was hovering around the -27 range pretty well all weekend and then we had quite the dumping of snow. Yesterday it warmed up to -3 and today it's raining cats and dogs! Prime conditions for flooding!

All that being said, DH and I went for a drive the other day and we passed a new state-of-the-art rec. centre. I noticed that they were advertising a monthly pass to their track for $15. So we called for more information last night and I will even be able to take Meleigha in her stroller. So it looks like we'll be doing that until the weather turns better. Quite excited, honestly.

Nothing else to report. Tonight is WI and I'm a little fearful. I always get "bingey" around this time. I hope to do better with the food today. :^:

Anyway I hope you're all having a great day... keep happy and healthy! Take care, ladies! :)

~mel

Soon2BFitChick 01-18-2005 03:38 PM

Altho I'm joining in late, I wanna post my miles too!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey! This sounds like fun. I have been walking (now mostly jogging slow paced) for at least 30 mins a day.. more lately tho, for about the last 7 months. So far, so good! 82.3 miles so far in January.. up to the 17th.. So here are my Stats as of now.. 220 lbs, 5'4", down 57 lbs., current goal 178.. yay~ want to hit that by summer for sure. I posted pics on the gallery as well, if any of u want to put a face with my name. :D I went to look at all your pics.. so cool! Thanks for letting me join in! I have been at a plateau and really need support to keep going! So far, I'm staying with my plan. It's been working well.. low fat diet with exercise. I live in Houston Tx and would love to get a group of us here to meet up and have coffee and chat maybe once a month or once every two months. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks again! :)

cathyxxx 01-19-2005 09:49 AM

Good Morning Gang!

I did another 30 minute Walk and Jog video this morning and then 50 situps. so that's another 2.5 miles.

Jan Miles = 23

Hey Mel - an indoor walking track sounds GREAT with that kind of weather! let us know how it goes!

Hey Selina - WOW & CONGRATS! down 57 lbs! that is AWESOME! have you done that with the exercise? I see you are eating low fat - do you just count your fat grams? I would love to hear exactly how you have lost the weight! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and I see you are in Houston - I'm in Lake Charles, Louisiana - ever been here?

where's the rest of our gang? out walking? ;)

hugs,
cathy