3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   JaNuArY WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/51059-january-walkers%7Ejust-walking-away-pounds.html)

Isabeau 01-14-2005 09:38 AM

Hi everybody! LOL, no I didn't walk too far..yet! I've been going to Curves more than walking, so I guess this should go in the Curves thread. Anway, I've been to Curves 3 times this week, weighed today and lost 2 lbs.! Woo hoo for me. Imagine if I kicked up my walking, maybe woulda been another 1 lb. So, today is errand day. I'm gonna clip on my pedometer, CapMetro it around town (our bus system), and see how many miles I get in.

Thanks for checking up on me..can't slack around here, eh? :D

Will post actual mileage later... Have a great day everybody!

Juliana

macdeez 01-14-2005 10:21 PM

Hey Girls...

Just a quick post tonight...

Went in to get measured this evening and I've lost a total of 7 inches since the beginning of December! I'm very pleased with that! Really hoping to be down 19lbs by the 27th of this month (DH's 30th birthday!). 19lbs will be exactly 1/2 to goal! :)

Weather has been ridiculous here... it's -24C! Bitter cold, for sure! So the weekend pretty much consists of trying to stay warm. I really hope Spring gets here soon!

Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Take care of yourselves and I'll type you all later!

~mel

macdeez 01-14-2005 10:25 PM

Just wanted to send out a HUGE congrats ( :bravo: :cb: :cp: :high: :encore: :cheer: ) to Juliana on her 2lbs lost! WAY TO GO, GIRLY! Keep up the phenom work, you're doing great!

~mel

cathyxxx 01-15-2005 04:36 PM

hey gang!

I cleaned house for 6 hours today and that is my exercise for the day! :faint:

hope everyone has a great weekend!

oh yea - last nite we went to walmart after supper and dh got me some weight gloves (so I don't have to put my bare hands on the handles of the machines at the gym) and a new Leslie Sansone dvd - Walk and Jog! I can't wait to try it out! but too pooped today.

hugs,
cathy

Isabeau 01-16-2005 11:34 AM

Thanks Mel!! Love the cheerleader..rah, rah, rah!

Update on my errand day miles...2.1 miles for Friday.

Today, walked 1.67 miles on the t-mill, did weights, then walked 1.5 miles back home. My legs are burning, but that's a good thing! :D

Y'all have a good Sunday ~

Juliana

cathyxxx 01-17-2005 09:23 AM

WOW Juliana and Mel!

Juliana - CONGRATS ON THE 2 LB LOSS! :cheer:

Mel - CONGRATS ON THE 7 INCHES GONE! :cheer:

wow you gals are doing great!

cathyxxx 01-18-2005 10:48 AM

Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I got up early today and did my new 30 minute Walk and Jog video by Leslie Sansone. WOW! I think it was just what I needed - a more intense 30 minute walk that was 2 1/2 miles instead of 2. It starts out more intense and then has several intervals of walking fast for 2-3 minutes and and then light jogging for 2-3 minutes. It went by really fast and was a good aerobic workout for me! Then I did 50 situps.

Jan Miles = 20.5

I feel good!

what's everybody up to?
hugs,
cathy

macdeez 01-18-2005 12:56 PM

Haven't gotten any miles in over the last couple days... the weather has been miserable! The temp. was hovering around the -27 range pretty well all weekend and then we had quite the dumping of snow. Yesterday it warmed up to -3 and today it's raining cats and dogs! Prime conditions for flooding!

All that being said, DH and I went for a drive the other day and we passed a new state-of-the-art rec. centre. I noticed that they were advertising a monthly pass to their track for $15. So we called for more information last night and I will even be able to take Meleigha in her stroller. So it looks like we'll be doing that until the weather turns better. Quite excited, honestly.

Nothing else to report. Tonight is WI and I'm a little fearful. I always get "bingey" around this time. I hope to do better with the food today. :^:

Anyway I hope you're all having a great day... keep happy and healthy! Take care, ladies! :)

~mel

Soon2BFitChick 01-18-2005 03:38 PM

Altho I'm joining in late, I wanna post my miles too!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey! This sounds like fun. I have been walking (now mostly jogging slow paced) for at least 30 mins a day.. more lately tho, for about the last 7 months. So far, so good! 82.3 miles so far in January.. up to the 17th.. So here are my Stats as of now.. 220 lbs, 5'4", down 57 lbs., current goal 178.. yay~ want to hit that by summer for sure. I posted pics on the gallery as well, if any of u want to put a face with my name. :D I went to look at all your pics.. so cool! Thanks for letting me join in! I have been at a plateau and really need support to keep going! So far, I'm staying with my plan. It's been working well.. low fat diet with exercise. I live in Houston Tx and would love to get a group of us here to meet up and have coffee and chat maybe once a month or once every two months. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks again! :)

cathyxxx 01-19-2005 09:49 AM

Good Morning Gang!

I did another 30 minute Walk and Jog video this morning and then 50 situps. so that's another 2.5 miles.

Jan Miles = 23

Hey Mel - an indoor walking track sounds GREAT with that kind of weather! let us know how it goes!

Hey Selina - WOW & CONGRATS! down 57 lbs! that is AWESOME! have you done that with the exercise? I see you are eating low fat - do you just count your fat grams? I would love to hear exactly how you have lost the weight! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and I see you are in Houston - I'm in Lake Charles, Louisiana - ever been here?

where's the rest of our gang? out walking? ;)

hugs,
cathy

Soon2BFitChick 01-19-2005 11:56 AM

Hey Cathy! I am from Beaumont.

Yep, my brother went to college at McNeese for a few years. Now he's at Lamar-Bmt. He is a music major and is in a band that was just signed. He'll be playing around there some I'm sure. It's a bluesy/zydeco/unique sounding band. Very good. I'll let u know of any performances if you are into all that. I have been to Lake Charles to go on the boats. :o And I have an uncle who lives there too. We grew up near Beaumont.

Enough about all that! You are doing well too! Isn't the first month the hardest? Sticking with what you chose to do. I have found it to get easier even tho my motivation wanes sometimes. I just think of the next outfit I wanna get into, like for Easter. Pinkish peachy sleeveless kinda thinging over jeans in a size less than I am now... hmm. I have to do it!~ LOL. ;)

Like I always say Good Determination! (Luck isn't needed.) :D

What I've been doing is eating between 15-25 grams of fat daily, 1200-1500 cals, drinking water, but not drowning myself in it... right now I try for 60 oz. I can tell you that since it's cold weather, I just don't want much. Also, I don't drink cokes, except maybe once can a week or so. I do at least 30 mins of something aerobic every single day.. even when I don't feel so well. On those bad days, I do just 30 mins.. nothing more. I dance to fast disco music or I jog (walked at first, now it's too easy, wow.. that's nice to say :lol: ). I do small weights, stretching and toning exercises every day too. I'm really motivated, usually. I've been at a plateau, which is so hard bc you are doing what you need to every day, but with no results. Uggh! So I think I'm over it, and losing a little again. We'll see!

Take care and keep in touch! We can do this!

macdeez 01-19-2005 03:21 PM

First off, a BIG welcome to Selina! And wow girl, you're certainly already on your way! 57lbs lost is phenom... keep up the fantastic work! And I know that reaching a plateau can be frustrating, but keep with it and you'll move past it in no time!

Cathie, as always, you are doing wonderfully! I really admire your "stick-with-it" attitude! You are a serious motivator, lady! :)

As for me, WI went ok last night. I'm actually down 0.2! Not much, but it's still a loss. I was paranoid to see the scale... but felt much better when I didn't see a rise in numbers. Phew!

DH and I talked more about the indoor walking track and we're both hyped about it. He's even seriously considering getting a gym membership there so he can get back into working out while I take Meleigha for a little spin. When we met five years ago, he was BUILT! But then we got lost in routine and quite honestly, a 2 y/o just about zaps all your energy! So... we both put ourselves on the back-burner. I think it would be great for him to get back to the gym, so I'm really going to encourage him to get that membership!

Anyway ladies, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Keep up the great work and please, take care of yourselves! Very best wishes!

~mel

SunnyD57 01-19-2005 07:48 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...D57/POOH05.gif

:wave: Hi gals!

I am still around, just been taking a break from the computer lately is all.

Monday my girlfriend and I were suppose to go shopping at the Craft Ctr. and then go to lunch together. Well... ... we did go to lunch together, but the weather has gotten so crummy here we didn't dare go further then the "in town" diner for lunch. We just felt it best to stay close to home, so spent the whole day here visiting with me leaving just for our lunch out. All-in-all we had a great 'catch-up' visit with one another. By the time she left it was time for me to make dinner & my hubby came home. I bet we have a good 12" of snow out there.

As for yesterday I just got into watching some Classic movies that I have on DvD & I also watched some taped shows so I could use the tape again to record *American Idol*... so I vegged all day :bubbles:

Did any of you catch *American Idol* last night?? Do you watch? Just too funny for the most part!! Some of those people... I really felt sorry for, though... they really thought that they had a shot to become a good singer. Something what you think you can do verses the reality of what you can do. Simon & Paula even made the statement that some of these parents should stop telling their kids they are good at things when they aren't cuz they are causing more pain for their kids in the long run as adults... I think there may be some truth to that. Because Joe & I are interested in music and sing we both enjoy shows like this.

I am so glad to see that you all are hanging in there and that there are a few new people :) Yeah!

*~*~*

Cathy, you are the best... keeping us all going here! You win the :cheer: cheerleader award ;)

Mel, how are you feeling these days, girly? I have missed chatting with you. I am so sorry that I haven't been around - I got the winter time blah's!! Even with my walking, I so miss the nice weather and sunshine!!!

*Welcome* Soon2B, Awesome job!!! I am so impressed!!! :bravo: Over 82miles so far... I am ashamed :sorry:

Good job Juliana!!!! Keep up the great job!

Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, I didn't mean to... I just have to be going now.

*~*~*

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KAR73 01-19-2005 10:52 PM

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I have been missing in action. The holidays were a crazy time for me. I had something going on every weekend since Thanksgiving until this past weekend. So I have been a little behind in checking this thread. I have missed all of you old walking buddies. Look forward to meeting you new walking buddies.
But I have kept up with my walking and going to Curves though. So I am happy to say that after last night's weigh in at TOPS I have reached the 200 pound mark. I had to get on the scales twice to make sure that I was reading it correctly. Now that I am so close to onderland, I am going to start posting here again to help motiviate me to reach my goal weight by the end of this year.
I have set my January goal to walk 45 miles. I walk 2 miles every morning before getting ready for work and then go to Curves in the evenings time permitting with 3 very active stepchildren. So I hope to meet my goal this month.
Hope everyone is doing great.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry

cathyxxx 01-20-2005 03:44 PM

just a quick note - sorry I'm rushed.

went to the gym during lunch and did 2 miles and then 20 minutes on the machines too!

Jan Miles =25