3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   OcToBeR WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/47386-october-walkers-just-walking-away-pounds.html)

cathyxxx 10-26-2004 09:42 AM

Good Morning Gang! :wave:

Sarah - THANKS!

SunnyD - yes I think I have a heel spur or plantar fasciitis (and is more common in people with thyroid conditions - I did not know that til I did some looking on the internet) and boy is it bothering me, but I read up on how to treat it and I'm trying to make it better. The only problem is that it says to "stop running or walking" but goes on to say that aerobic activity is important to maintain but to try biking or swimming until it heals up. I don't have a bike or a place to swim. But I've been babying it and will see how it goes.

Amy - your cats are BEAUTIFUL!

This morning I got early (couldn't sleep) and did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2 lb weights, and then 50 situps.

October Miles = 11

hugs,
cathy

L144S 10-26-2004 10:30 AM

Well I have recently been reading you thread and I am looking to jump in for November. I have been walking lately. In truth I wish it burned more calories but I love getting out in the fresh air.

I had an emothinally bad 18 months last year and I am on the up side of felling out of it. I came out the other end and relized that I had not taken care of myself and i had gained...well more than I should have.

So I am back on track. I have an eliptical and I will more than likely swich to that when the weather gets too cold to deal with....

In the meantime I live in an area with sidewalks and have found a few 4,5,6 mile walks. Unfortunately I walk slowly, the good news is I have listen to a ton of audio books....

Nice to meet you all, hello to cathy :0 I hope I can jump in for next month.
-L

SunnyD57 10-26-2004 10:56 AM

*~*~*
Good Morning L and *Welcome* to our thread ~ you can jump in NOW if you would like. We'd love to have you join us... :smug:

I too walk rather slow, but at least we are doing something, right ;) I am so sorry to hear that you had such a rough time last year, but glad to hear you are back *on track* :cp: Good for you!

Hi Cathy ~ Do take care of that heel... it takes spurs a long time to heal and if you don't rest it - even longer. I wish you well in your recovery (((Hugs))) You are like me in that before I go to a Dr. for anything I will look the info up on the net first and see what can be done and then if what I do doesn't work off to the Dr. I will go. Most times I am successful... I wish that for you as well :^:

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 10-26-2004 11:07 AM

Brothers

I just had to share this photo of my kids nappin' :D

*Precious Moments*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ngtogether.jpg
*Guido & Zeppe*

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

heather_dw 10-26-2004 04:42 PM

Hey everyone,..

I have been doing a mile a day over the last few days. Today I did my one mile Leslie dvd. I have never been able to do the whole thing before and I am sooo happy about that. I had just been doing a mile of 2 mile dvd and today decided to try the one mile again just for the heck of it. When I started this back in august, I could only do about 5 minutes of the dvd and today I finished the whole thing-23 minutes!!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the pic Sunny. I *think* I can tell a bit,.. I swear if ididnt have the pics I wouldnt think i had gotten anywhere at all. I really do need to buy a tape measure the next time i go to walmart.

I ordered Leslie Sansone "You can do yoga" as a reward for my one mile dvd accomplishment. Im skeptical whether or not I will be able to do it,.. I think I may be way too fat and way too unflexible for it, but I have to give it a try,.right? I also got a 5lb barbell (hubby only bought one,..LOL) so I am going to get that in gear too :-)

seemzy 10-26-2004 05:02 PM

Hey all!!! I'm new to this board. I would love to join you here if you don't mind :). I just started walking (yesterday), I decided that this week I'm going to walk a mile everyday. Basically I get a ride to school and then instead of getting picked up I walk home and it's a little bit more then a mile. I walked home in the RAIN yesterday!!! Today I'll be walking home as well. So 1 mile for me today :)

gabwill 10-26-2004 07:51 PM

well I got 5 miles in today which is good. That brings my total for the month up to 52!!! Horray for me. I am so excited about making it to this point.

lessofsarahtolove 10-26-2004 09:49 PM

:wave: new folks! WELCOME!

I did the 2-mile WATP after walking 2 1/2 miles in my office today! (I really try to get in extra steps wherever I can, and intentionally make extra trips or walk the perimeter of the office whever possible. It's taken some EFFORT to get up to that level! :lol: ) FYI, I just include focused, intentional, "exercise" walking in my siggy totals below, since that's a real area of focus for me.

L144S 10-27-2004 06:40 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I did a 3 mile walk yesterday and plan on a longer walk this morning before I have to go to work this afternoon...Looks like a beautiful day in Sox country!
-L

cathyxxx 10-27-2004 09:55 AM

Good Morning Gang!

L144S!!!! it is so good to see you here! I am so thrilled that you are gonna join us in the walking! It really is good exercise - good for your body and soul I think! I am so sorry you've been having a tough 18 months - I did know this! I miss chatting with you so! and look forward to catching up with you here! where are you working? were you working before? I can't recall.

And hey - did you notice that I have finally started losing a few pounds! HOORAY! yep, I'm on 2 grains of armour thyroid a day for my low thyroid (may even increase it to 3 grains), taking phentermine (which my dr feels is necessary at this point with my low thyroid) and took myself off of birth control pills (which I actually think may have made the biggest difference at this point). I found out that they increase your glucose levels which make you hungry (and especially crave sugar, which I was having a huge problem with) and also that they make you retain fluid, and I really think they were affecting me more then I realized. First month off of them I felt really odd (almost menopausal), but now I feel GREAT off of them!!!!!

SunnyD - that is the cutest picture of your cats! and yes - I do a lot of reading on the internet and in books before seeing a dr. My son has a chemical imbalance and a very low thyroid. I also have low thyroid problems (which I recently found out that heel spurs and foot pain are a part of), so I do a lot of reading myself before getting with the dr. Right now I think the only other thing a dr could do for my foot is to give me anti inflamatory drugs, and I can just take ibuprofen myself. Well the only other thing is the dr would probably tell me to stay off of it, and I'm not ready to do that yet, and it is a little better since I started doctoring it myself. ;)

Heather - MAJOR CONGRATS on doing the whole 1 mile! I think that is a better measure of your accomplishments then even a scale or measuring tape would be! YOU GO GIRL!

Welcome Seemzy! glad to have you here! that's determination walking in the rain! I have done that several times myself! YOU GO GIRL!

Gabrielle - you are walking like crazy! that's awesome! YOU GO GIRL! do you ever deal with any footpain with that much walking???

Hey Sarah - another walking like crazy woman huh! YOU GO GIRL!

Everybody is doing great!

I, of course, limped thru my day yesterday after walking those 3 miles yesterday morning, so I've got on my good walking tennis shoes today, and will only do the walking I have to do at Sam's Club this afternoon when I and dh go and buy our groceries for the winter. Believe me, that is several hours of walking.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

L144S 10-27-2004 10:22 AM

Nice to see you too cathy!

I work at the kids school. Wed is library day! woo hoo! Can't complain. It keeps me busy, i get to see the kids durring the day and the admin. gets to see that I am willing to rise to the challenge. I also do tech support for the parents committee which is an ongoing thing. Right now I am working on getting the new auction program up and running. We purchased a new program and I have played a little bit and now it is time to runa mock auction and see what kind of repotrs and meterials I can get out of it...

I did an hour on the eliptical this morning. i am wondering what the convertion of srtides to miles is. If anyone knows please do tell!

I plan to go for a walk while the kids are at karate,. I have a little more than an hour and we have good sidewalks and I am listening to a good book.

I do lisen to a a lot of audio books so if anyone has some suggestions I am always looking....

Ok have to get going..happy walikng!
-L

shoequeen69 10-27-2004 03:18 PM

Welcome new chicks :grouphug:

Oh Sunny, Guido & Zeppe are sooooo adorable in that photo! That photo gave me a little giggle in my heart and a little giggle on my lips :D :goodvibes Toooo cute! Thanks for sharing. :D

I just have not been able to get in anymore miles so far for the month. But hopefully if its not raining by 5pm I'll be out there hittin' the pavement. :tread: Later :wave:

heather_dw 10-27-2004 03:55 PM

After getting in a quick half mile last night in addition to my Leslie mile. Today I did the whole 1 mile dvd again, although I had a bit of trouble today that I didnt have yesterday but I still got through it:-)

Im on my way,.. now im wondering,.. will there ever be a time when I can do the whole 2 mile dvd? I doubt it,..LOL

:cb:

SunnyD57 10-27-2004 04:14 PM

Good Wednesday Afternoon Gals!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eLittleMan.jpg

:wave: *Welcome* to our walking thread Seemzy! I think you will enjoy our little corner of the world... there are some really great gals here, if I do say so myself ;) Although, I must say... there hasn't been one person here in the 3fatchicks site that I haven't enjoyed! Looks like you are off to a great start :cp:

Thanks Amy ;) Cute new shoes!!! Been shopping I see :^:

Hi L ~ I have an elliptical also and I usually can get in a mile in 7 - 8 minutes on it... I think you put in some miles today! I do both... switching on and off. It's too much for me to do the elliptical all the time - it grabs me in the left hip for some reason. But when I do the T-Mill for a couple days and then the elliptical once or twice a week it doesn't bother me.

Hi Cathy ~ :thanks: I think they are adorable too... I adore all animals and the laughter they bring into our lives.

The thyroid is sure an interesting little gland, isn't it! I have often wondered if mine is under active and is just not showing up on the blood test... some days for no reason at all I am so tired! Exhausted kind of tired... I found an article about it (with some daily foods to help) in one of my women's magazines, so I am going to give their food plan a try (working with my IBS food plan) and see if my energy level picks up. I am so sensitive to sugars!!! If I have a splurge I really pay that evening & next day... makes me wonder why I do it to begin with, ya know :shrug:

:cheer: Cheers for Sarah, Heather, Gabrielle, Cathy, L & Seemzy for a job well done! :cheer:
(Hope I didn't leave anyone out :o )

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57 10-27-2004 04:24 PM

PS>>>

Cathy ~ Joe and I went to the new Sam's Club here and spent a good three hours there with our friends on Saturday... cannot believe the Christmas holiday things they have already!!! I was thrilled! We are going to see my family in Maine for Thanksgiving and I want to bring them their Christmas Gifts this year instead of mailing them... it was fun!

Take Care of that heel now :grouphug: :goodvibes
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*