3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   OcToBeR WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/47386-october-walkers-just-walking-away-pounds.html)

shoequeen69 10-19-2004 11:43 AM

Hi everyone. Sunny your babies are beautiful! Sorry I haven't been around. I got bad news on Saturday about my baby Malcolm. My 6 year old black cat. He had congestive heart failure and I had to have him put to sleep yesterday. :( :cry: I miss him so much already. I don't want to bum you all out. I just wanted to let you know. I'm not sure when I'll feel like walking again. I've been such an emotional wreck all weekend. I'm feeling somewhat better today. Just sad and tired. I got to spend an excellent day with him Saturday and I'm so greatful for that. I still have his brother Oreo and his adopted brother Sydney. Plus Foxy my Pom. They all are trying to make me feel better. :^: Plus my dad has Malcolm and Oreos mom and she cuddled up with me too. Hopefully I'll be posting miles again soon. Hope you're all doing well. Take care - Amy

lessofsarahtolove 10-19-2004 01:02 PM

Oh, Amy......I'm so, so, SO sorry....you poor sweetie. :grouphug: I can't even imagine. I have 8 furkids, so it's just a matter of time. My first, Simone, will be the toughest -- he's been such a friend over the years. I'm really, really sorry. I don't think it's PMS :lol: but I actually have tears in my eyes for your loss. I'm sure your time with Malcolm was a gift to both of you, and you'll have to think of the love and comfortable, safe home you gave him, and know that you shared that gift. I'm sending you virtual hugs and lots of sympathy.....it's just a hard, hard thing. This might sound corny, but if you ever want to chat, feel free to send me a PM anytime. I am a HUGE animal lover (as indicated by the 8 animals -- 7 rescued kitties and an Italian Greyhound mix rescue) and can absolutely understand the magnitude of what you're going through.

Big hugs to you, Amygirl. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes My poor kitties tonight won't know what hit them when I go around squeezing and kissing them all! ;)

cathyxxx 10-19-2004 02:10 PM

Amy, I am so sorry about your cat!
(((((((hugs))))))))

I just got back from walking 2 miles during lunch.

October Miles = 6

hugs,
Cathy

gabwill 10-19-2004 04:57 PM

well got another 6 miles in this morning. That brings my total for the month to 38.5

Amy- sorry to hear about Malcolm.

shoequeen69 10-19-2004 05:10 PM

AWWWWW :) Thank you everyone :) Makes me feel so good. hahaha Sarah I can just see your poor babies lookin' at you crazy. haha Cause thats what mine do to me. haha Thanks for the virtual hugs. It really, really helped. :D Hope you all have a good evening. I know I have to get back to my routine soon. I ate so much comfort food this weekend I probably gained 10 pounds. But I don't care. I needed it! I'm really feeling better this afternoon. Take care ladies. Thanks so much for your support. Means more than I can say. :grouphug: :goodvibes

KAR73 10-19-2004 10:43 PM

Amy I am so sorry to hear about Malcom.

Tonight I went to TOPS, only to find out that I had gained 1/2 pound this week. I was very discouraged and down in the dumps. I was ready to give it all up tonight, but my dh talked me out of it. He asked me if I wanted to go back to the orginal weight I was when I first started and be tired and sick all the time with colds. I told him no and then asked him to go for a walk with me. So we went for a mile walk around town. Then we came home and I felt a little better. So I think that brings my total up to 50 miles walked so far this month. I only have 25 more to go to reach my goal. Well I best be off to bed. Have a staff meeting right after work tomorrow. So it is going to be a long day. Talk to you all later.
Kerry

lessofsarahtolove 10-19-2004 11:10 PM

Amy I'm so glad you're feeling better today -- great to hear! And no, those eight babies truly did NOT like it when I kissed and squeezed each and every one of them till their eyes popped! :lol: I know they talk about me when I'm not around, taking about how crazy they think I am! ;)

Kerry, great job on the 'tude turnaround!! And your husband sounds like a great guy. :)

Tonight I did the 2-mile Shape and Firm ramping/squats/lunges workout, followed by the 1-mile WATP workout with weights. Then afterwards, I did some more lunges and squats with weights, as well as walking lunges.

cathyxxx 10-20-2004 04:39 PM

Walked 2 miles during lunch.

October Miles = 8

hugs,
cathy

lessofsarahtolove 10-20-2004 08:39 PM

Tonight I walked a mile, then did weights - arms: bi's and tri's, followed by 5.75 miles on the bike with high intensity intervals.

SunnyD57 10-21-2004 12:14 PM

Good afternoon Gals!
I am so very sorry that I have not been around lately... there has been allot of family issues to cope with the last few weeks and most of it came to a head on Tuesday, exhausting emotionally... (on MY side of the family - not Joe & I). I have not been able to exercise or post in awhile and I really need the exercise too! I am going to get in at least 1.5 miles today, that's for sure.

I also went to the hospital yesterday with my best pal, Peggy, and she had the ultra-sound done for a noisy artery in her neck - scary! She won't know the results for a few days yet, but before she left the room the radiologist carefully stated, "I see nothing to worry about" and that sure put both our minds to rest... now we wait. We went out to lunch afterwards and Peggy seemed very relieved and that made me feel better too. By the time I got home, I just felt spent. I found myself just sitting and staring out the window. I felt a peace just sitting and reflecting on the beauty out my window and watching our birds and not thinking at all... just thankful for life.

*~*~*

http://www.wegotcards.com/cards/cs/misc/Lavndr3TY.JPG
Amy ~ The first thing I want to do is apologize to you for not being here for you... but I am so glad that all the other wonderful gals were! :grouphug: I did the same thing that Sarah did after reading your post in tears :cry: today! I went to give my three boys extra TLC and thanked the Lord for them. I think anyone who has pets and loves them like kids would feel such a great loss like yours. My heart goes out to you, sweetie! I am happy to hear that you are feeling better today, but know that you will have bouts of tears for Malcolm and it's okay to feel and cry it out. You have lost a family member. I am so sorry :(

Sarah ~ I love your Weight Bar Graph and checked out the site... really cute! How do you find such :cool: cool sites ;) Keep up the wonderful job!!! You should feel so proud of your accomplishments :goodvibes

:wave: Hello's to Heather, Lynne, Kerry, Cathy, Gabrielle too! You ALL are doing a wonderful job in getting in your exercise in spite of your very busy lives :flow1:

Take Care everyone...
I have much to get caught up with today and tomorrow.
*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

lessofsarahtolove 10-21-2004 12:36 PM

Sunny, :grouphug: -- I just think you're great. I really appreciate all of your support and your positive, warm presence here. And I'm really sorry that your friend is going through this worrisome time. It's times like these that we get reminders that our physical health is such a gift -- a gift not to be squandered and abused or neglected. That's one of the best benefits of losing weight, I think: the knowledge that I'm doing what's necessary to take care of my body -- and then the quantifiable positive results. (Hello blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, cardiovascular health, and more....)Of course, when it comes to weight loss in particular, the weight loss, physical health, and mental health are all interrelated, aren't they? :)

I'm a frequent poster over at the 100 lb. club forum, and one of the gals there shared that link -- so that's how I found the weight bar thingy! We all agreed that it's a pretty motivational visual. I'm thinking that you're going to see a bunch more of them around the site, since a number of us got them!

Best to everyone. I'm not doing as well as I'd like at getting up at 5:45 to exercise before work -- but I AM doing well at getting it in at night when I get home, so my conscience is clean! :lol: I came back 5 pounds heavier after my lovely 3-day B & B weekend -- I'm down 4 already, so I'm sure I'll be able to take care of it this week and then get back to virgin loss. That was my first gain since starting on this journey in March, so it was a disconcerting experience for me, if not wholly unexpected. (I knew full well how off plan I was, but I had no issue whatsoever jumping right back in the saddle again! And my plan is incredibly clean, so being "off" is not so difficult!)

I'll update tonight. (The plan is 3 miles with weights.)

heather_dw 10-21-2004 03:47 PM

I am such a slacker! I just finished my second 1 mile leslie session of the week. I think I am going to do another session after hubby goes to work tonight. I think I need a re-motivation,...

But I did surpass that sept walking total...

:-)

lessofsarahtolove 10-21-2004 08:33 PM

Today's exercise after work:

* 3 1/2 miles WATP with 6 lb. weights (after 1 1/2 miles, my 3-mile DVD started skipping :( so I popped in the 2 mile and just kept up the intensity for arms and legs through the warm-up.)
* Weights - shoulders (lifting heavy, and to failure.)

lessofsarahtolove 10-21-2004 08:37 PM

Oh yeah, and Heather, GET CRACKING!! :coach:

shoequeen69 10-22-2004 10:15 AM

Thank you for the warm thoughts Sunny. :goodvibes I am so blessed to have such good friends. :grouphug: I hope your friend will be ok. :crossed: I'm planning on getting back to exercise next week. I may get a decent walk in tomorrow. I'm taking my dad to the japanese gardens tomorrow for his birthday. They're having a plant sale and he wants one. I think it will be really nice. Looking forward to it. I hope you all have a great weekend. :cb:

P.S. I sooo love the little ticker thing. That is awesome. Sarah are you gonna mind if we all get them? Tee-hee I also forwarded the site to a friend at work who is expecting.