3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   OcToBeR WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/47386-october-walkers-just-walking-away-pounds.html)

SunnyD57 10-04-2004 04:46 PM

Hey there!!!

*~*~*

Abirdee ~ I am sooooooooooooo Glad to see you back, that is a good start all by itself! *Thumbs Up!* I know that even if you did 1/2 to 1 mile of walking you would feel so much better... if you haven't done anything today that's okay go for it tomorrow morning! If you are anything like me... if I don't work out in the morning I rarely will in the afternoon or evening ~ something just always comes up or I just get too tired... unless it's an evening stroll, but that's not really a workout for me. 3 lbs... I realized how that could really bother you, Abirdee, but if you get a hold of it now it won't be as hard to get rid of then if you let it go to 4 or 5 or 6... know what I am saying? I wish there was something more I could do short of coming over :^: But I can encourage you to go for that walk or put that tape in because I KNOW that you WILL feel so much better and wonder to yourself... "why did I stop?" "I feel so much better" ;) (((hugs)))
*Welcome Back Girl!* :flow2: Come back and let me know how you are doing... okay :^:

Morning Star ~ I am so glad :smug: to see you took me up on the invite :dance: I really think you will enjoy posting here... these gals are great here and are so inspiring.

Later gals... my hubby is home.
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gabwill 10-04-2004 06:35 PM

well I took the weekend off which gave me alot more energy. I hadn't really given my body a break since I started back exercising 1.5 months ago so figured that I could take the weekend off. I did run lots of errands and went walking in the mall and different places and did alot for my time off so I would normally give myself 2-3 miles but I will only count 1 mile toward my goal I don't mind starting from there. I am going to walk a few miles before bed tontight though once my daughter gets to bed. That will give me time to read also since the book I am reading is real good. I could prabably go for a while without noticing anything. tell ya'll how it goes tomorrow.

Morning_Star 10-04-2004 09:21 PM

I did it!

I went to Curves today and the lady was very welcoming and said she was glad to see me back and that regardless of my summer, I'm doing the right thing now and that's all that matters.

I really missed working out there.

(As a side achievement, I made it through the whole 30 minutes without needing to stop and rest, and I faced some fears and challenged some bad habits.)

Completed so far:

Walking: 2 Miles of 12
Curves: 1 visit of 12

:cb: :cp: :hat: :dancer: :cheer:

debzdogz 10-04-2004 11:33 PM

The Goal Post Update

Walked 1 whole mile this past Sunday-with 3 dogs in tow! May not sound like much---but it was great to walk around the neighborhood on a crisp morning!

No walk tonight-after cooking and eating i had errands to run then had to get rid of the grays-so while the hair color processed i caught up on some letter writing.

Dog training tomorrow so i will be very much on the move for at leats 45 minutes tomorrow night!

Sarah---thanks for the ramp info! i am very curious and may look into it.

Sunny---so glad to be back!!!!!!!!!! i was quite relieved to see i was not the only one who backslided some.

Morning Star, Melita, Heather, Shoequeen, etc-i see some mighty impressive-and motivating-goals and accomplishments here! You girls are great inspiration!

Abirdee-not to worry...i am having a hard time keeping myself on the right track as well. Day by day is all we can do...and be proud of what you did that day!!!!!...so that ol' :devil: can kiss our butts! (our extremely toned butts i might add!!! :lol: )

i probably won't get to post tomorrow-so keep up the good work everyone!

deb

gwen620 10-05-2004 11:11 AM

Hi, I am new and my name is gwen and i would like to be an October walker. I just signed up on October 5th so I can just pick uo from there.

Is this okay?

Gwen

SunnyD57 10-05-2004 11:53 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ANIMUM0411.gif

Good Morning Gals!

*WELCOME* Gwen ~ It's never too late to join in... welcome to our little corner of the world. What are your walking or exercising goals? You can begin small... just so you begin ;)

Deb ~ :cp: Good for you getting in your exercise over the weekend, it doesn't matter how far you walked you did something :^: :cp:

Yeah Morning Star ~ :flow2: So glad to hear that you have gone back to Curves and they welcomed you like they did, what a great feeling. I am so happy for you!!! You made the biggest step... going!!! :cheer:

Gab ~ Good to see you back... taking time off when you feel you need it is good. I think your body tells you when you need to, just so you get right back on track again come the weekday's ;) I am speaking for myself... if I go too long, after taking the weekend off, I find it so much harder to get back into routine again.

*~*~*

I went to Curves today and will go again on Thursday.
I am going to try and fit in a mile or two today if I can...

:flow1: Have a SUPER Day Gals! :flow1:
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

gabwill 10-05-2004 06:50 PM

Well I did run a mile today and walked a bit. I have 3 miles of 100 done. I will try to get some more walking tonight once my daughter gets to sleep but with all that I did today, I am not sure yet. We will just have to wait and see how everything goes.

lessofsarahtolove 10-05-2004 08:07 PM

Hey everybody! :wave: Welcome, Gwen! Feel free to jump right in -- it's a very warm and welcoming group, and we're all at different stages, so wherever you are in the process is A-OK! :)

I got a total of 4 1/2 miles in today -- so that puts me at 13.5 for the month! I did a mile at lunch, a half-mile with my dog, Louie :love: after work, and then the 3-mile WATP workout with my 6 lb. Ironhands. (Love them!)

Woo wee -- nothing like a clean conscience! ;)

KAR73 10-05-2004 10:31 PM

Sounds like you are all busy walking away those pounds. Keep up the good work. I have faithfully walked every morning so far this month. There have been some mornings when I wanted to stay under the covers for a little bit longer, but I got up and did my walk away the pounds videos. So far I have walked 15 of my 75 miles for this month. Well it is time for bed for me. If I don't get some sleep now my students will have a field day driving me nuts. Talk to you all later. Keep up the good work.
Kerry

heather_dw 10-06-2004 02:05 PM

hey gals, i am still here. I am happy to report that I have not missed a day of exercise since back in September. Even though it is early in October, this is a big deal fo me. I did a mile today which brings my total up to 5 for the month. i should shatter my total of 12 from sept :-) yay

gabwill 10-06-2004 03:52 PM

well I did 3 miles of walking last night to add on to what was done before. That brings me up to 6/100. That is alright since I did get a slow start but will do a few miles later today while my hubby can watch Jasmine. It will be good to do it alone with out having to worry about her so that is waht I will try.

lessofsarahtolove 10-06-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather_dw
I am happy to report that I have not missed a day of exercise since back in September. Even though it is early in October, this is a big deal fo me. I did a mile today which brings my total up to 5 for the month. i should shatter my total of 12 from sept :-) yay

Heather, I am SO proud of you!! :cp: I swear I have the biggest smile on my face right now! You are just doing so well -- I know you've got to feel so great! You're like some crazy combo of an Energizer Bunny and the little Choo Choo that could! :lol: I know I sound like a complete dork, but I really am thrilled by your progress. :goodvibes

lessofsarahtolove 10-06-2004 07:10 PM

I did the 1-mile WATP workout and weights - arms.

shoequeen69 10-08-2004 09:29 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9/october2.gif

Good morning! I'm pleased to say that I got in 2 miles last night. Yeah! :D It has been cloudy all week but it only rained Monday. So I decided to chance it and walk last night. I got a few tiny drops on my face but thats about it. I hope to get more in over the weekend. Ahhhhhh weekend! :cloud9: I don't know if I should believe it or not but my scale weighed me as 185 this morning. That would be soooo awesome if it was true. Hope you're all doing well with your walking. Have a good weekend!

MichelleRae 10-08-2004 11:18 AM

You guys are all doing so great!!! I've been working alot as usual and I also start school on the 18th although it is online school I'm still going to be pretty busy as my academic year will be 24 creditsand its accredited as well (i'm sure you've all heard of University of Phoenix's online program?)

Well just wanted you all to know I am lurking and checking in on ya'll!! Have a great day!!

Michelle