Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Michelle, WTG girl. You are just rockin'. Don't worry about that couple of pounds salt can make the scale do torturous things to you. Keep moving forward, sometimes I think those fake gains are thrown in there just to see how serious we are lol
Hey Lynne, You too are doing terrific. Hope you have a great weekend
As for me I have no miles to add today. I got called in to work in the kitchen at school. I'm a last minute sub when someone is sick or something. So when I got done work I had to come home and pack my men off to Scout camp and of course I had all kinds of patches and what not to sew on. I can't have my boy going off without all his hard earned awards on. Then I went to the library and picked up Dr. Phil's weight loss and book andI think I'm going to curl up with that and worry about exercise again tomorrow. Eating's been good so far today, but my bodies screaming for something right now. Hopefully I'll take the time to make it something healthy!!
Have a great weekend everybody!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 32
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Kristi - I took today off as well I had a lot of shopping to do and cleaned my house spotless, which of course you can't tell now lol. I also weighed again this morning after flushing out my body yesterday with 144 oz of water and I was back to normal!! I was so happy that it was actually water retention.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:33 AM   #63  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Saturday very early in the morning

Good Morning KRISTI, MICHELLE & LYNNE ~
I didn't get in my T-Mill yesterday either - strange that 3 of the 4 of us weren't able to get it in. But I did go to Curves in the morning Lynne, good for you knowing when to rest... and then getting in 2 miles yesterday. I wanted to, but the body was just plain tired!

I'll try to get in some walking, but we have very busy weekends when the hubby is home I am hoping to get in some major gardening after we get home from breakfast and grocery shopping this morning. Right now it is raining, but it is suppose to end sometime this morning (I hope!).

Hope you all have a great weekend...
TTFN... a coffee to go
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #64  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good morning

Did another 3.9 miles this morning, was out at 6.00 am! It rained all last night so I thought it would be nice and fresh, then I remembered I live in Tennessee and of course, it was humid as usual! It was nice and quiet though, no traffic on our road and the dogs seemed to enjoy it too.

Going to the movies today to see "Troy" then going to a mongolian grill for dinner so I am aiming to be good and eat sensibly.

Have a good weekend ladies, I will check in later .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:26 PM   #65  

4 miles for me today, 35 for the month. Sorry this is a short post gotta get some stuff done.
hope you are all having a great weekend
Michelle
Old 05-15-2004, 04:22 PM   #66  

Michelle and Lynne, you ladies are putting me to shame the past couple days. So far today I have no miles to log, but I did play tennis for an hr. with my daughter today. It was a total blast. When I was a kid me and a neighbor boy played tennis all the time, but I hadn't played since I was probably 13 or 14. It felt awesome to finally have a child old enough to share this interest with. Luckily the Easter Bunny had left new rackets and balls!!! I might do a couple miles later, but I'll edit if I do! Sunny, I think Curves counts whether you've walked or not!!!! You are doing just a terrific job. I hope you and the hubby have a great weekend. I just got done building a bigger fire ring with cement blocks and now I need to round up kindling and such. I bought some grilled sandwich makers that you use over a campfire and that's how we're going to cook tonight. I bought ham, turkey, cheese etc.. for the main meal and then we have apple and peach pie filling to make like turnovers in the cookers for dessert. It should be a good time. My cals will be high for today, but what are weekends for anyway?
Have a good one ladies!

Kristi
Old 05-16-2004, 05:53 PM   #67  

Smile

Good Evening LYNNE, MICHELLE & KRISTI ~

I usually rest on Sunday's but because I didn't log any miles on Friday or on Saturday (I was gone all day both days)... I thought I would get in a little bit today, so I got in 1.5miles. Not much but better then nothing

Hope you gals are having a Wonderful Sunday ~ I know I am! It was ugly weather yesterday, but today is absolutely beautiful! 65* and sunny! Great for working out in the gardens... which we have been doing since we got home from church today. Oh we also put up the new Arbor we bought yesterday! It is so cool! Cannot wait to get some vines growing on it!

Later... time for me to get dinner made.
See you in the morning after I get done my Curves and walking.
TTFN
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 26.0

Old 05-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #68  

I too have hada great Sun., being LAZY. I had planned to get gardening done today, but I was just wiped out. We stayed up until after midnight doing campfire fun which is very late for me. Today I opened our store at 6am, was teaching Sun school by 9am,church was done around 11:30am and then cooking dinner seemed to be about all I was up to. Oh I've been putsing outside with the kids all day, but not accomplishing anything. I ended up doing no walking yesterday, but ontop of the tennis me and the children scoured the woods for an hr. loading up firewood. I did alot of tree stomping and twisting to get them the size I wanted so I felt that was sufficient, but I've done nothing you could call exercise today and don't plan to. It's a good thing my miles were ahead of the game. I'm planning 3 or 4 for tomorrow!! I'm glad you're having such a nice weekend as well Sunny. What kind of flowers do you plan to plant for climbing your arbor? I love morning glories myself.
Take care all
Kristi
Old 05-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #69  

I had 6 miles for today!! 41 miles total for the month. I thought I posted earlier but my post seems to be missing hmmmm ok who is the post bandit?? lol jk Well good to hear that you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

Sunny-Your garden sounds absolutely beautiful!! I would love to have one but I would have to invest time that I just don't have, my kids just keep me too busy, but maybe when they are older

Kristi - Wow you woodsy girl you!! Gatherin wood and everything I'm sure you burned a fair amount of calories gathering wood so don't worry about it!!

Well its been a long day of cleaning and walking so I'm gonna hit the sack.
I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow.
Sleep Well.
Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #70  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good morning

Wow, you girls are doing great with the walking! I put in another 2 miles today then did some light weight lifting. I tried to jog a little on my walk but it was very uncomfortable. I think I am going to have to wait till I have lost a few more lbs before I move to jogging.

I had a great weekend, ate very well, no pizza or steak in sight! Went to see Troy on Saturday and I think I burned off a few hundred calories drooling over Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana . Ok, pretend I didn't say that!

It looks like another overcast day here today so I am hoping to get some gardening done before it rains. The vegetable garden is looking great but there is so much weeding to be done.

I will talk to you later, have a good day.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #71  

Good morning Lynne and Michelle, Rain is expected for here today too so my miles will definitely be of TM kind. Michelle is just tearing up the track. YGG! I do love the woodsy stuff, but I was so exhausted yesterday teaching my SS class was about all I could manage, but you have just encouraged me to up my miles to 4 for today. I thinl 2 sections of 2. I may even dig out my WATP tapes ol Leslie sure seems to be doing it for you. I truly am impressed with your effort. I know how difficult it can be to make time for exercise when you have little ones in the house! Lynne, I totally hear you on the drooling being a terrific form of exercise. I went to see VanHelsing last weekend with Hugh Jackman and ate the whole big bag of popcorn. I just knew cals. were burning by the way my blod was boiling. I normally don't care much one way or the other about actors, but for me there's just something about him. There's talk he'll be the next James Bond. If so I will actually start going to 007 movies!!! Sounds like your exercise is going great for you. Keep it up. You're worth it!!! Hey Sunny, have a great Mon.

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 36
Old 05-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #72  

Good morning girls!! Well I did 2 miles this morning and I'm planning another 2-3 miles when hubby gets home from work I am beginning to feel so great and seeing some results too!! Yesterday I was able to get into a 36" bra!! I was wearing a 38-40 so I am feeling pretty wonderful about that!! Well I did some sponge painting with my 2 yo yesterday and she had a blast, and I painted the bottom of my 7 mo's feet and made some little foot prints it was lots of fun!! I'm gonna try and do a project with my 2 yo again today maybe using some noodles. Well I got some more cleaning to finish up but I hope to see some posts from you guys later today!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Michelle
Old 05-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #73  

Smile

Hi KRISTI ~
Sounds like you had such an enjoyable weekend with you family... good for you!!!! Hope you are having a great Monday so far too --- mine is! How can I go wrong with sunshine and 79*

Yep! That's what I am planting... Morning Glories - lavender, all shades. Hope they take hold before the bunnies find them this time. I am planting some Petunias's and then planting the seeds of the Morning Glories into the soil to kind of hide them a little from the bunnies. It worked for my neighbor, so I am gonna give it a go. When it begins to look like I want it to I will take some pictures for you to see, okay. I did some gardening yesterday, but still have tons to do. I got allot of wash done today (sheets & Blankets) and have to run a vacuum yet. And when Joe gets home we'll have dinner and head right back out into the yard. I usually wait to work in the gardens on the weekends or the evenings so Joe can join me --- he loves to work in the gardens with me and have some say in what is being done as well as lend me a helping hand --- and I think it is stress relieving for him after a hectic day and I enjoy his company. Cannot wait till it all takes hold, so I can show you all...

Hi MICHELLE ~
Gardens do take time... no doubt, but I have that. I don't have children and I don't work ~ so time I have. I have health issues, so I am not able to work but I do like to keep busy and this is a great hobby during the summer.

WoW girl --- 43miles already!!! You will be as skinny as a rail by the end of summer at this rate So happy for you --- seeing results in your bra and clothing sizes!!!

How did the noodle project go today Sounds like you enjoy your children very much --- both you and Kristi. I think that is so wonderful!! You both sound like great moms!

Hi LYNNE ~
Jogging is still too hard on my left leg & hip too... so it's just walking for me till these muscles build & get stronger and I lean out more. So you aren't alone Weight lifting is so good for you --- good for you!!!! I go to Curves and they are resistance exercises... I didn't go this morning as planned --- I felt like a Mac Truck hit me after the sweets I had over the weekend, so I will go tomorrow instead to make up for it. Boy, do sugars do a number on me now that I have cut back. I have to be very careful on the weekends. I am great at staying away on the weekdays - it's just the weekends

Too funny about Brad Pitt! I heard that *Troy* was a great movie and that Brad had allot of butt shots because he is 40 and may not be doing it again, so he told them he wanted to do them while he was in shape and young enough still --- is it true???? Allot of butt shots? Too funny!!!!??? If only I had those kind of worries...

I got in 5 miles today and will be working in the gardens with the hubby this evening, so I hope I have burned some of those sugar calories off...

Have a nice evening gals...
see you tomorrow after I get done my workouts

TTFN
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 31.0

Old 05-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #74  

ok count me in for another 3 miles!! 46 for the month!!

Sunny - Ohhhhh I do hope you post some pictures of your garden sometime for us!! It sounds so beautiful!! lol I won't be skinny by the end of the summer but I'll be closer than I am now and healthier for it!! I already feel so much better, I spent a year on bedrest because of my pregnancy and other health issues so I am really glad I can be up and about, I really am thankful for it .

Ok time to hop in the shower and then we are gonna do our noodle project if Taylor doesn't fall asleep on me
You ladies have a wonderful afternoon.
Michelle
Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 AM   #75  

Alas, My Mon. was not all I'd planned it to be. The day started out great with 2 loads of laundry on the line and getting all my peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage ans kalarabi plants in. I was smokin' and feeling great, because this was all done before 9am and then the school called. My oldest was in the office with a headache, sore throat, and low grade fever. I got her home and then DH needed help at wrk. I found someone to stay with DD who didn't seem too bad just maybe a little run down. I worked with DH until almost 3pm by then I had to get dinner and prepped for cub scouts. I never did get my walk in at all and by 8pm DD temp was at 103.3. She was miserable and kept mommy up off and on all night!!! Thankfully she's feeling much better today and temp is at 99.9 w/o any tylenol. I di get busy today and do 3 mile WATP tape and am once again feeling awesome. I ma heading out to put in my tomatoes now I hope to get another 3 miles in today to make up for yesterday.
Michelle, I just don't know how you do it, but I'm rooting for you, keep on truckin' as we used to say. A smaller bra is always a terrific feeling, because it usually means some of that illusive "back fat" has been banished to the underworld where all fat should be trapped!!! WTG

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 35