Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-11-2004, 03:44 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

awwww Lynne thanks for the Hug You are working so hard I just know the weight will start coming off!! Keep up the good spirits!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi All, I wrote a huge post earlier, but it got lost in cyber space. That's the 2nd time that has happened ti me in less than a week. I will try to remember what I wrote to each of you. I got so angry I turned the computer off. I did use the time for a much needed long hot bath.
Michelle, Once again your miles are looking terrific. Every day you inspire me. I had an oportunity to watch a tvshow about the SB diet. It was very eye opening for me as I had believed it was just another remake of the Atkin's plan. I just can't accept any diet plan that will not allow you to eat wonderful things like sweet potatos, carrots, oranges, whole grains, etc. I was surprised to realize I have been following pretty closely to the SB diet for like 4 yrs. now. I was hip and happenin' when I didn't even know it! lol Keep up the good work girl!
Sunny, Oh so many nice things you always say. Refering to that at my speed I'm now jogging. I know absolutely nothing about running etc... and become very down the other day while watching the Dr. Phil weight loss challenge. He had the people participate in a 1 mile walk. Jogging was not allowed. If they were caught jogging they were immediately disqualified. To get to the upsetting part. These people were all walking a mile in 10 and 11 minutes!!!!!!! I'm sitting there with me chin on the floor asking, who can walk 5 and 6 mph?!? Only one actually took slightly over 15 min.!!! I think a 15 min mile aka 4 mph is hoofing it right along!!!! So, your comment made me feel much better and more normal. I want to express my sympathy over the injury you received in an accident. It must have been one awful time to still be giving you pain 18 yrs. later!!! I give you so much credit for doing what you are doing. So many people would use that type of injury to just stay out of the game all together. But not you. You listen to your body and do what's best for it. I hope you're very proud of yourself.
Lynne, I know that d_ _ _ scale can get the best of us at times, but just try to ignore it. I'm such an addict that I don't even own one anymore. I literally would way myself upwards of 20 times a day. Now I have to go next door to my MIL's to weigh myself. Sometimes I'm jonesing to step on the scale, but I try to keep it to once a wk. if not once every 2 wks. As to your weight gain. The other girls gave you terrific advice. Great job getting rid of those oreos. They are just aweful for a body! I know this is going to sound like odd advice, but if you are eating only 1200 cals a day you may actually be eating too little. I see your CW is 201. From reading I've done you should be eating 1700-1800 cals a day and exercising 5 times a wk. to drop 1-2 pound/wk. When we eat too little our furnaces stall to conserve the energy it thinks may be in short supply. Research it for yourself, give it thought, throw the advice it out!! Whatever you decide to do remember that stupid number on the scale is not who you are. Who you are is someone who's trying to do better for herself and that's a wonderful type of person.
I'm so happy, not only did I have the best mother's day I've ever had, but my DH has decided to go to Cub Scout camp with our son this weekend instead of me. I only work 14 hr/wk in the family business so of course I'm the one who has gotten trained by the BSA and leads our sons Wolfe pack. I think it's terrific that DH has arranged his work load so he can go. I think it will mean a great deal to our son.
Planning 2.25 miles for today. I don't know how yet. If it doesn't rain I may hit the bike trail for a nice walk.
Have great day all you lovely ladies!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:58 PM   #48  

Kristi - You crack me up!! You are sooo hip and happening!! I was on the atkins for 3 weeks and lost 12 lbs, but then I went in to my doctors to talk about my weight gain because I am hypothyroid and put a ton of weight on all of a sudden, so anyway I got put on a prescription weight loss med and follow the South Beach Diet and do my walking away the pounds tapes, I would walk outside but I would have to take my 2 girls which would be lots of stops and starts and not as good a work out as I want, and so far so good. I love south beach because I always feel full I mean, last night for instance, I had 7 oz of meatloaf, 15 small asparagus spears and 2 cups of salad greens, 1/4 cup tomatoes, and 1/4 cup ff cheese for dinner and still came in under 1000 calories, I find it very very difficult to make it above 1000 anymore. I always slide in somewhere between 900-1000 calories a day. Okay enough rambling lol.

Count me for 2 miles today!! Yayyy!!
Michelle
Old 05-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #49  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good afternoon gals,
I just finished 2.75miles on my T-Mill and while I was on the T-Mill I was watching the show "I lost it" and "lost it" as one of the ladies sharing her success story did it with Curves. After 1 year of going to Curves (5x a week & eating 5 balanced meals a day) she lost 87lbs and went from an 18 to a 10! I want to do that! I found myself walking/jogging and crying all at the same time (not very easy to do either ). I want to get this weight off me so badly I would do anything it takes to do so... I am a very impatient person at times and have to remind myself that it took time going on - it will take time and consistent effort daily to take it off and keep it off. I lost 85lbs in 1986 (going from 220 to 135) and kept it off till 1992... then I went through some traumatic times and went into my old habits of comforting myself with food and viola... I am trying again and find it much harder to lose again being older now. I just want to see 155 again

*~*~*

KRISTI ~
I never understood how anyone could walk that fast either maybe one day I will, but right now there's no way I can get my legs to move that fast and not pull something, if you know what I mean

Thank you for your kind words also, it is so important for me to speak positive to others and myself... I have such a tendency to think badly of myself and love others more. I am trying to love and care for myself as much as I do others (t'aint easy either). As for my injuries... I have never liked to settle if I can make something better, you know. I don't want the knee surgery I have been told I will have one day, so I am working out the muscles hoping to save it. All I can do is try --- thanx again for bing so encouraging to me

LYNNE ~
Thank-you so much for the {{{Hug}}}
I am so glad to see that you are feeling much better then this morning!!! Keep that chin up - you are so deserving... we all are!

So glad to hear that you got rid of those Oreo's! I know how hard that is to do too... just the smell alone can send you into a binge. If you knew what was in them you would never eat them again. The centers are nothing more then sweetened lard (like Crisco) --- all hydrogenated & processed oils... plastic that goes into your arteries and stays there eventually causing heart attacks or stokes. Just keep that in mind each time you want a store bought cookie I will make my own goodies with real butter before I buy another store bought cookie/goodie, with that in mind. Sorry to go off like that --- I just thought it was info that was good for everyone to know. I stopped buying processed foods 6 years ago. Now to control my portions

MICHELLE ~
I must agree with you... I think the SBD (Phase II) is much more balanced in foods then the Atkins Diet and much easier to stay with. It's basically what I am on as well. Not to the letter, but I have been doing it a long time and pretty much know what to eat and what not to.

Have a wonderful evening gals!
SunnyD

*~*~*

MaY MiLeS: 18.50

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:12 AM   #50  

I did another 2 miles tonight, another 4 mile day for me Yayyyyyy!!!

Have a wonderful night!!
Michelle
Old 05-12-2004, 10:42 AM   #51  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Another 3.9 miles done this morning.

Michelle you are doing really well .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:09 PM   #52  

Michelle, I know exactly what you mean you say you can't get a very good workout with your children along. That's one of the main reasons I'm loving my TM. I get my workout done first and then it doesn't matter if we stop to pick flowers or look at the birdies, whatever it is that catches their eye. My 7 yr. old especially enjoys walking the bike trail and I feel so bad when I leave her home, because mommy has to be able to go faster than you can honey. I see yesterday was another 4 mile day. YGG!
Sunny, Wow you are making want to take the plunge at Curves as well. The closest one to me is 20 miles away, but maybe it would be worth it to make the extra effort. I hear you on the loving others more than yourself. It's funny, but it actually took having children of my own to understand how important it is to love ourselves and to think highly of ourselves. I want my children to always think that they are worthy. In the sence that they know people should treat them with kindness and respect and if they don't they are people they would be better off without. I had to change how I felt about me to teach self respect to them. That old slippery slope of low self esteem is always right there though. That's why I'm always coming back to 3FC telling how I've gained 15 pounds back again. Not this time. I'm moving forward forever from now on. Sorry if I got too deep, but it's what drives us all to overeat and not take care of ourselves to some extent. Give yourself a big hug today!
Lynne, It sounds like you're back on track. Great job!
As for me, my eating's going well and the sun is finally shining. They are predicting severe weather for our area later again today!!! So I'm going to enjoy it while it's here. I ended up doing just 2 miles on the trail last night. I did really try to push myself and worked up a good sweat. Which is why I usually avoid the trail for workouts, because I don't push myself and usually end up strolling along never breathing hard or breaking a sweat. There needs to be something said for just comfy relxibg walks too though. Planning 3 miles for today.

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 30
Old 05-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #53  

Smile

Good Afternoon Gals,

I just finished 2miles (50min) and went to Curves (40min) this morning. I ended up standing outside the Curves chatting with one of the ladies for another 30 minutes I just love it there. I always feel so much better after going - not only for the exercise, but socially! I always feel so content and ready for the day when I get home.

It went into the 80's yesterday ( I think it was 84*) and today they are calling for highs in the mid 80's again ~ we are at 80* now. I think it feels wonderful! We have waited so long for warm weather here ~ you won't find me complaining about it, that's for sure. Lately it seems that we are getting rains at night or early mornings & sunny days - which is perfect! I have waitied a long time to open up this house, so it will take an unbearable heat for me to turn on the AC and close up our home. I just love the sounds of the outdoors & the warmth...

Hi LYNNE ~
Awesome! 3.9miles today already!
How have you been feeling getting in those miles? You should be so proud of yourself I think you may be surprising yourself these days I know that if I am feeling yucky - I always feel so much better after I work out - especially if I don't feel like doing it (like yesterday afternoon --- what a struggle for me at first).

KRISTI ~
No worries (at least when it comes to me) about chatting on & sharing... I do it too. Besides that is what this place is all about - isn't it A place to chat, vent & share...

I think that you are so *on track* and gaining speed, girl WoW you are up to 30miles already!!! You will not be looking back anymore and neither will I be. We all need to do this for ourselves, so that we may be better people around those we love

Wow MICHELLE ~
How do you fit it all in with the children? I can barely fit in the workouts I do... great job! I just may hop on the T-Mill again later this afternoon and try to get in another mile for the day

Later gals...
I have some chores to finish up today
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 20.5

Old 05-13-2004, 02:01 AM   #54  

another 2 miles, I woulda done 4 today but I was busy doing the spring cleaning earlier so I was kinda pooped out lol. I got all my kids winter clothes put away and their summer clothes in their drawers the hand me downs have been packed and rotated so the next size up for the baby is available , I also recaulked my bathtub and I Finally put the babies crib in her room and working on getting my 2 yo old to sleep in her own bed as well, not worried about the baby so much as the 2 yo lol. At any rate I got my walk in and I feel good!! 28 for May!

Sorry to carry on lol I get that way late at night lol
talk to you tomorrow
Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 02:02 AM   #55  

oh kristi, you are a stay at home mom right? did you know we have a stay at home moms thread under support groups? You should come and join us there sometime If there are any other stay at home walking moms feel free to join our thread!
Michelle
Old 05-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #56  

Hi All, We got another 1.75" of rain last night. Today it's colder and just plain dreary. There is a constant mist in the air which means today is good for nothing, but housework lol Which I abhor!!! It's just that it's so never ending. Like I'm telling you something you didn't allready know lol I did do my 3 miles yesterday and I was so pleased with myself. I managed the 3 in 39 min 20 sec I was actually able to run 5.3 mph for 1.25 miles for better heart and lung than I have ever experienced, but I have been eating right this week. The previous 2 wks I was eating pretty much all wrong most days and the energy level was sinking fast!!! Planning just 2 miles today, but no pushing it. I don't want to overdo and end up hating again.
Pats on the back to all of you!!
Sunny, I love your picture it's sooo cute!
Michelle, Thanks for the invite. Last summer I did spend some time on a SAHM thread, but everyone talked so much I couldn't keep up and I fealt like I was not holding up my end. Silly, maybe. Probably a narcissistic thing lol

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 32
Old 05-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #57  

Smile

A very GOOD Morning Gals!
I never did get in any more miles last night - just had too much to do and not nearly enough energy left BUT... ... ...I just finished 4miles!!! 4! I impressed myself! I am also down another pound as of this morning. I couldn't wait to change my sig. I have lost a total of 20lbs as of today Boy, seems like allot of work for only one pound down, but my weigh & measure at Curves isn't till next Thursday (5-20) so maybe I have lost inches more than pounds... I am happy

Well, we finally caved last night before bed and decided to turn our AC on for the night... I am so glad we did, it made it for real nice sleeping. It was still 84* in the house at 9:30 last night and I could not sleep in that - even with the fans on.

*~*~*

Hi KRISTI ~
I don't think you are narcissistic at all, Kristi! I love this thread because it is small! Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with trying to catch up with some of the threads I am on... I love the people, but it can be trying sometimes. I won't leave the ones I am on, but I won't join any more either. I enjoy getting to know people better and when you get that busy you just can't

Hi LYNNE ~
Where are you? Hope all is going well for you today

Hi MICHELLE ~
Between you and Kristi - I don't have a chance in haties in catching up But you both are giving me a great challenge even if you didn't intend this to be a challenge thread Good job!!!

*~*~*

Well gals, I must get in a shower & then get back to my chores.
Later...
SunnyD

*~*~*

MaY MiLeS: 24.5

Old 05-13-2004, 05:30 PM   #58  

WTG Sunny, A 4 mile walk and a pound gone forever. YGG
You mention that it was alot of work but anything worth doing is and remember your friends at Curves make you feel like a So, no just more

Have a great day, oops you allready have

Kristi
Old 05-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #59  

Another 3 miles for me today! 31 for the month!

I was quite discouraged to see this morning that my weight was up to 235 when I was 232 my last weigh in (sunday) but whoa I just had a thought, I crammed soft tacos last night to get my calories in before the day was through and they are filled with sodium!! I bet I was retaining water! Hmmm I'll see tomorrow!! Lol sorry bout my ramblings lol Well Thank you guys for keeping me so motivated, I'm ready to do another 2 miles tonight before bed. I want this weight gone!!

You ladies have a great night!!]
Michelle
Old 05-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #60  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Morning

Hi Sunny I skipped off yesterday and had a very lazy day. I ate well though, so all was not lost! I did another 2 miles this morning, walked very briskly and felt pretty good.

Michelle, does sodium intake affect how much water you retain? I think you are doing great on the weight loss and walking. I'm going to do some light weights now.

Have a good day everyone and I'll ttyl.

Last edited by LynneA; 05-14-2004 at 10:10 AM.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote