Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #76  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Evening...

Hi SHEILA ~
Welcome to the thread
So glad you decided to join us...

Hi MICHELLE ~
I couldn't work in the gardens today with the rains we have had, the yard and gardens are just too wet. I hope I will be able to soon. Everything is root bound in the flats and need to get into the garden & larger pots... soon I will get some pics to share.

Hi KRISTI ~
How is your DD doing today? Glad her fever broke, but it sounds like you had quite a day. At least you got in 3 miles!

Hey there LYNNE ~
Sure do hope all in going well in your little corner of the world

Hope you all had a great day today!

I went to Curves today and then when I got home finished laundry, swept and washed floors and ran the vacuum I never ran yesterday... I also got in 2 more miles today and am very tired tonight. It was a struggle to get in the two miles tonight, but I really wanted to get them in.

See you all tomorrow
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 33.0

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!!! 4 miles for me today!! 50 for the month!!

Sunny - Sorry to hear you didn't get out in the garden today I know its your passion I walked outside today and our lawn is covered in white fluff it looks like it snowed lol but there must be a cottonwood tree nearby because the stuff is everywhere!! We just bought this house last september so I've never seen this stuff before lol. I am however going to buy some plants for my window boxes, any suggestions as to what would grow well in a window box?

Sheila - Hey welcome to the group girl!! Just jump on in and remember to have fun with it!!

Kristi - How was your day?

Lynne - How bout you??

Well I hope this post finds you all well!! I will post again tomorrow! Sweet Dreams!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #78  

Smile

Good Rainy Morning Gals ~
It looks like another rainy day today, so no gardening for me again If it were just cloudy I could still go out, but it's raining... oh well... it is Spring

I just finished walking 2 miles and went to Curves this morning... so I think I am done with workouts for today - I feel plum tuckered out . For some reason I was up this morning at 4am! What's up with that??? I have gotten allot done already and have projects that need to be finished up today --- so at least I got a head start.

Okay... now where's KRISTI, LYNNE these days
Missing you gals...

Hello's to MICHELLE & SHEILA!
Hope you ALL have an OP Day today!
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 35.0

Old 05-19-2004, 10:24 AM   #79  

Smile

Oh... MICHELLE ~
Miniature Petunias's (mixed colors) would look wonderful in a window box with the variegated vines coming down. I'll have to get the name of the vines for you - I don't know off hand. Yep! That is the cottonwood tree shedding that white stuff...
it isn't that ugly sn*w word

Have a great one!
Me

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-19-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Sheila, We're all just a bunch of fun lovin' gals here. No challenges no pushing. Just lots of encouragment along the way. I know you may feel down about your lack of miles for this month, but you are in deed NO slacker. You're doing Curves faithfully and you're down 18 pounds!!! Slackers don't make those kinds of accomplishments. Now you go after that grill!!!
Hey Sunny, Sorry to hear about your rainy weather. It's finally been nice 3 days in a row here, but they're calling for more rain by Fri. It ended up my DD had a bad case of strep throat! The Dr. gave her zithromax (once a day for 5 days) she took just the one dose last night and felt well enough for school today. Good thing, becauseI got called in to work in the kitchen at school today!! There's an extra 50 bucks that'll show up in the mail a month from now after I've forgotten all about it. It's always such a nice surprise. You have been just rockin' the last two days. I'm so proud of you! I'm down for only 2 miles today, but I'm heading out now to get the rest of my veggie plants in. Hoe, hoe, hoe!
Hi Michelle, My day has gone great. I love to work in the school kitchen. I don't think I'd want to do it all the time, but I sub usually once or twice a month and that often it stays fun. Big pats on the back to you!!! 50 miles already and you still have 12 days in this month. I bow to your greatness!!! I hope you're very proud of yourself. How are your little cuties doing?
Well, I've talked pretty much about my whole day. I started reading Gr. Phil's book. I'm hoping to learn something about myself so I quit regaining every winter. I'm allready dissapointed though by the fact that he has a height to weight ratio chart right in the beginning. I'm 5'2" and the range it lists is 108 - 132 depending on your bone structure. I'm sorry, I'm a 40 y/o (well almost) stay at home mom who happens to have small bones and there is not one part of me that thinks I should weigh only 108 pounds!!!!! You know where the good Dr. can kiss me girls. But, I'm going to ignore that part and move on to the head stuff. I've been dieting for almost 30 yrs. Maybe I should write a book!!! hehe
Have a great day you lovelies!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 37
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #81  

Ladies, I have to post again. I got on the TM intending to do just 2 miles. I started slow and then started to push it. I finally hit that point people talk about when endorphins are released and you feel great.( Truly I've always thought this was a big lie people told ) UhUH it feels awesome. I ended up doing a total of 4.25 miles. The first 3 in 38 min. 9 sec. and the 4 miles in 52 min. 19 sec. The hardest part to believe though is that I still didn't want to quit. I honestly felt like I could've just kept on going. It'd been 6 days since I was on the TM last. Maybe the break from it really did my muscles good.
I hope you don't mind my blowing my own horn, but this is a point I never would've dreamed I would ever get to. Thanks for being so supportive!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 39
Old 05-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #82  

Smile

KRISTI ~

I am so happy for you --- you should be proud, I KNOW I would be too!!! I agree with you... you must have needed the rest. CONGRATS!

{{{Hugs}}}

Oh... as far as the weather --- not long after I posted this morning it cleared up and tunred out to be a glorious day!

*~*~*

I put in another 2.25 miles tonight too... I felt like "why am I sitting to watch TV when I could be walking to watch it "

See you all tomorrow
SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 37.25

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #83  

wow Kristi!! Way to go girl!!! You have every right to blow your horn!!! I haven't gotten my exercise in yet but I'm going to walk after I watch American Idol.
Michelle
Old 05-20-2004, 01:38 AM   #84  

Ughhh I only did 2 miles I just couldnt get going today I was really really tired for some reason but at least I got some walking in! 52 for the month
I'll address you each of you tomorrow its just really late and I should go to bed
Sleep well!
Michelle
Old 05-20-2004, 02:25 AM   #85  

Hi Ladies!

Your thread is so encouraging! I'm new to this website and wanted to find an accountability group for walking. Would it be ok if I joined in on your group?
cutsiebuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:12 AM   #86  

Smile

Good Morning Gals ~

Hi CUTSIEBUTTONS ~
WELCOME to our humble thread... this is a great little group of ladies whom I find to be very kind and encouraging, I know you will too.

I see you are a newly wed Congratulations!!

MICHELLE ~
Yeahhhh for Fantasia and Diana D on American Idol I am thrilled with the two of them being in the final spot. Although... ... I really do think it should have been LaToya and Fantasia (dumb voting system ) --- whenever I tried to call it was busy and after a couple times I would just give up. I cannot compete with those dialers some have. I know Fantasia has it either way... they both will do well.

Have a great Day everyone!!!!
See you later...
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

Old 05-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #87  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Hi Girls!

Wow, have I got some catching up to do!

Kristi: WTG!

SunnyD and Michelle: I can't believe how many miles you girls have walked and it's not even month over yet, congrats .

As for me, I haven't walked the past two days. I've been in the vegetable garden instead. The plants are just big enough now so that I can weed and boy, have I been weeding. The garden is 70ft square and I've been trying to get a couple of rows done a day. Today I'm going to tackle the carrots. I've also been planting eggplant and canteloupe, no more to plant though thank goodness! According to fitday, I'm burning more calories doing this than I would walking, so even though I've missed my morning walk, I'm happy that at least something is burning off.

The good news is I made ONEderland this week. 197.5 according to the scales Tuesday .

I'm hoping to get a brisk 2 mile walk in sometime this evening, when it cools down. So I will check in with you again after I do that.

Congrats again on the miles girls, you're making me proud.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #88  

Welcome Cutsiebuttons, Always room for one more!

Lynne, Welcome to wonderland, I'm sure youare just going to love it here. Seriously, Great job. A huge pat on the back to you!

Sunny, Glad to hear you ended with a nice day. It rained a couple more inches here last night. AGAIN! Lots of thunder and lighning as well. 7 y/o ended up in bed with mommy and daddy. Luckily the 4 y/o slept through it or it would've gotten crowded!

Michelle, How do you do those late night walks girl? If I haven't gotten my exercise in by 7pm I'm just not doing it. You amaze me with your dedication every day!

Hi Sheila, Great job on your Curves workouts. Stay optimistic and pray for sunshine.

2 miles for me today. I had to work in the school kitchen again today. It's so hard to eat right there. Last week I baked 500 choc. chip cookies one day, yesterday I had to put Whip cream on 400 slices of jell-o, and today I had to make a very yummy broccoli and rice bake that's just smothered in cheese sauce. I have to admit I take little tastes, but so far I haven't given in to temptation. I'm going to be brave and weigh myself tomorrow. So, I have to be good!!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 41
Old 05-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #89  

Smile

Good afternoon Gals ~

Just popping in to tell you that I got in my 2.25miles today... I wanted to go further, but am feeling very tired today and have to go out tonight.

*~*~*

Hi LYNNE ~
So good to see you
Congrats to you for reaching "One"derland!!!!
I am so excited for you!!!! I remember I was on for days...
Yeahhhh for you!!!!!

Your gardens sound wonderful and a garden is allot of hard work! Good job! My veggie garden is humble to say the least next to yours I have two beefsteak tomato plants and a pepper plant and herbs... remember it's just me and the hubby, so I don't want too much of a harvest. Although, last year the neighbors benefited from it

Hi KRISTI, MICHELLE, SHEILA & CUTSIEBUTTONS ~

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
My hubby is home, so I must scoot...
Later,
SunnyD <><

MaY MiLeS: 39.50

Old 05-20-2004, 07:44 PM   #90  

I did 3 miles today!! 55 for the month!

Lynne - Congratulations girl!!!!! You must be positively glowing!!

I got into the 220's yesterday so that made me smile it was only 229 but hey still 220's lol. I just can't wait til I get into the 100's too I will feel soo good.

Kristi - Ohhhh chocolate chip cookiesss they sound soooo good!! I don't think I could work in a kitchen lol I would be soo tempted lol.

Sunny - Keep up the great work!! I myself have been kind of tired lately too I'm hoping it will pass.

Well I need to eat some supper, I made stuffed peppers tonight! Then I'm gonna try and get a 2 mile walk in before I settle down for the night!!

You all have a great night and keep up the excellent work.

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to welcome cutsiebuttons to the group!! Welcome Girly its great to have you!!

Michelle