Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #76  
Beauty is within...

Good evening all!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I got to share it with my big boy and new baby girl.

Last few days have been totally blah, and I'm gonna have to walk half way across Australia to make up for all the food I've eaten!!

I'll catch up more tomorrow.

Nighty night!

Old 05-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Jenifer, Don['t sweat a gain of less than 1/2 a pound. The important part here is that you decided against eating through your anger. That's a really tough decision for all of us to make.

Jen, Wicca huh? Very interesting! Good luck at weigh in and a great job at the rec center.

Cristi, Hi! I hope you can slow down your work pace some. I thinl working out before work is a great decision if you can do it. That way there's less opportunity to skip it as the day goes on and responsibilities increase.

Noelle, You had a little time without your son? I hope you made the most of it!

Janine, Hi!

Caci, Way to get out there. Our weather has been pretty rainy also. I've had to do a lot of the WATP tapes. It's sunny so far today. I hope to be able to hit the bike trail with my kids after school.

Lynne, Really glad you had a nice mother's day. Mine was actually one I'll always remember. I leave for Sun. school with my 6, 7, and 9 yr. olds at about 8:30 am. When that's done my husband along with our 3 yr. old joins us for services at 10 am. Well, the three oldest were up there singing their hearts out in the jr. choir making all us mommies happy and proud and my youngest was sitting quietly on my lap. All peaceful and so nice when suddenly the 3 yr. old turns around on my lap and makes an odd little owie sound and proceeded to throw up all over me. Needless to say he and I came home immediately leaving my wonderful husband to clean up the mess. We spent the rest of the day in the recliner together intermittently watching Thomas th Tank movies and sleeping. WH took the other three to see the movies Holes and brought me a qt. of hot and sour soup from the chinese resteraunt. I ate the whole qt., and ice cream bar, and some microwave popcorn. So I know my cals. weren't in range yesterday, but I'm back on track today.

Have a great day ladies!

Kristi
Old 05-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #78  

Forgot to post today's miles!

May GM 30 / MW 16.75 / MTG 13.25
Old 05-12-2003, 12:46 PM   #79  

Hi everyone. Well, I had a great Mother's Day! Haven't had a good one in years but this year both boys decided to behave and I had a great day. DH and the boys took me out for lunch then we went to my mother's to give her her gift.
Both boys made something for me in school. Scott took a baby food jar and glued pieces of colored tissue paper on it to make it look like stained glass. You drop a tea light in it. I lit is last evening and it looks wonderful when lit. He also made me a Mother's Day card and some coupons for things like doing dishes, cleaning his room, washing the car, etc.
Alex made me a little flower from his hand print and then a handmade card.
Lunch was at Montana's Steakhouse. I got an 8oz steak, grilled shrimp, baked sweet potato, salad with low fat dressing and a big glass of ice water with a twist of lime. I only ate half the steak and potato but ate everything else. Brought the rest home and had that for lunch today.
Today my youngest is home sick. He has a cold and an awful barky caugh so I kept him home. I am working on getting the wash done so will be making many trips up and down stairs with loads of laundry then putting everything away. Should set aside some time for the treadmill!
Old 05-12-2003, 05:49 PM   #80  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Hi Ladies!

Sounds like everyone had a great Mothers Day.

Caci, Noelle, Jennifer, Lynne, Kristi, Janine, Kristen, Jen and anyone I may have missed, Hi and I hope everyone is having a GREAT day today!

I managed to get my walk in early this morning and also a bike ride. I got a 2.5 mile walk in and a 20 minute bike ride. Also, today was weigh in and I am down 2.5 pounds! FINALLY! a loss. After last weeks weigh in I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to lose anything!

May Goal~60 miles
5/12/03~2.5
Total Miles 5/03~25.5
Miles to go~34.5
Old 05-12-2003, 10:30 PM   #81  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default it may be kind of late but...

she may have not wanted anyone to know but...

Happy Birthday Cristi!!!

May you be a for a day and have all your b-day wishes come true .

Miles to Go: 49

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-13-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:41 PM   #82  
Pending Email Confirmation

it seems as though i haven't posted in ages. not much to report as far as walking goes. i did a couple of the leslie sansone tapes yesterday and today. i figure i'll use them when the weather is miserable. like it was the past two days.

jenifer - i tend to stay on the lower end of the points. at least that is what i aim for... so if i do happen to find myself in a situation that i may need an extra point or two... i'll be all set. but it works differently for everyone... so i hear. don't get down about the gain... we'll all be here to encourage you!

cristi - excellent job on the weight loss! 2.5 is great! it's always nice to have a loss on weigh in. keep up the great work!

janine - the mother's day gifts that you received sound so adorable. i hope that your youngest gets over his cold soon.

hello and happy monday (almost tuesday ) to noelle, caci, jen, kristi, lynne and anyone i may have missed

night all
kristen
Old 05-12-2003, 11:52 PM   #83  

Real quick......

Everybody seems to be doing an awesome job!!!! We are just a bunch of walkin' fools .

Anyway... I got back to the rec center today and did another 5.4 miles. It's so much easier when I can watch t.v. I'm a couch potato at heart. And another 20 minutes on the bike. Not sure how far I did with that one, I started to really slow down near the end. anyway., I'll check back in tomorrow. I'm getting sleepy. Talk to you then!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 5.4
Total Walked To Date: 27.6
To Go: 32.4
Old 05-13-2003, 09:36 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday Cristi!!!!! Hope that you had a Wonderful Day! Congrads on your loss for this week! Your doing great op!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! Every little bit helps when you get down about things! I got my walk in last night and just getting ready for work so I have to get going for the day! Talk to you all later!
Total Miles 5/12~ 2

Total May Miles~ 20
Old 05-13-2003, 08:14 PM   #85  

Janine, Great job at the steakhouse. Super woman self control. I hope your son's feeling better soon.

Cristi, Great job of losing there girl. WTG. Happy Belated!

Jen, 5.4 miles and 20 min. on the bike. You're the most active coach potato I know. Great job!

Jenifer, Really glad your feeling up again!!!

Noelle, Hope your good!

I was 1.5 miles into a 3 mile WATP tape today when the roofers showed up. Needless to say I quit. I refuse to exercise in front of 19 yr. old male construction workers.

May GM 30 / MW 18.25 / MTG 11.75
Old 05-13-2003, 09:52 PM   #86  

Hey Girlies!!!!

How are you all today? As for myself, I'm doing pretty good so far. My son is pushing his luck a bit with my sanity, but he's out playing with some friends right now, so I thought I would hurry and post. Eating was okay, I think. QUESTION: Should I still eat even if I'm not hungry, or should I force myself to eat. I don't usually get hungry until mid afternoon. So I wasn't sure what I should do. Any advice I would appreciate it. Anyway I think I saw that we were logging in the WATP walks also, so far today I have done 2 miles. And at least 2 more later tonight. I LOVE these tapes. I checked them out from the library, so I only have them for a week, but I'm making sure to get good usage out of them. It's nice to do it at home, and not out in the heat. And it goes by so fast. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway watching Buffy right now, I love shows with chicks that kick butt, not to mention the guy that plays Spike (one of the vampires) I go completely gaga over any guy with an accent.

lovnmom: (I'm so sorry I forgot your name ) I would have quit also, I don't like the idea of people watching me very much. But of course I would have pulled up a seat and watched them work. At least if he was very cute.

Well to everybody else, I hope you all are doing well. And I'll talk to you late. Especially if I do another 2 or 3 miles. Have a good night!!!!!

Total Walked Today: 2 (so far)
Total Walked To Date: 29.6
To Go: 30.4

Last edited by Mark&Ivy'smom; 05-13-2003 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #87  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies, Noelle, Jenifer, Kristen, Lynne, Kristi, Janine, Jen, & Caci, hope everyone had a great day today.

Noelle and everyone else THANK YOU for the birthday wishes! I wish I could say it was a great one but it wasn't. I just wasn't in a celebrating mood for some reason. My hubby did get a cake and ice cream and guess what? It is still in the refrigerator killing my kids. They are dying to have some and want to know when I am going to cut it. I think I may wait a few more days. Anyway, THANK YOU ladies!

Okay, today I did a 3.5 mile walk. I'm trying to get some long walks in on the days I don't work and short ones the days I do work. Anyway, that's about all I have. EVERYONE take care.

May Goal~60 miles
5/13/03~3.5
Total Miles 5/03~29
Miles to go~31
Old 05-14-2003, 12:44 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! Wow today has been very long for me. At work it seems like these days I don't get anything done. Oh well tomorrow is another day! I did get my walk in and then some! Whoohoo! The truth about my walking is sometimes I don't feel like going but once I go I a, glad I went. Silly I know..... Do you girls get that way sometimes?? When I came home tonight I super cleaned my kitchen and even washed the floor.
Well Thursday will be my last post until Tuesday evening. I am going to go visit my Mama (Southern California)! We're going to Weigh In together (Saturday) and I might post if I feel like getting on her Dino~Computer! Hahahaa!
Today was so beautiful here in California! I wanted to leave work and come home and do some yard work so I can get some sun. I need to tan! Plus I feel better when I am tan! Kinda feel thinner!
Seems like everyone is doing great on the walking! This post is so much fun! Whoohoo!
Cristi~ If you eat some cake taste some for me! That sounds so yummy! I am stayng OP and hoping for a loss Saturday!
Total Miles Today~ 3
Total May Miles~ 23 YiPPiE!
I hope i pass up the 38 that I did last month
Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #89  

Jen, Mother sanity seems to be scarce this week asI too only have a tiny bit left. As for my roofers one of them fits nicely in the adorable category. He's only about 5'7" (that's still 5" taller than me ) and just plain cute. Polite and all the muscles in the right place. He's one of those I like to call a "dishwashing crush". Someone you can daydream "what if" about while monotanously washing your dishes. It hurts no one and keeps a loving wife entertained on occasion

Cristi, Sorry to hear you had a blue birthday. Here's to hoping today is a better day.

Jenifer, Great job cleaning that kitchen. It's the one room I dread cleaning. I think it goes back to when I was a kid. I couldn't go to any event or out to play until the dishes were done. Now that I'm a mother of 4 just like my mother I fully understand why she delegated the job to one of us.'Cuz it sucks!

I stayed up until 3:30 am with ill child #2 and it's raing again today. I thought very hard about skipping exercise today, but I remembered how truly awful I'd feel if I just slouched. I got busy and did the 1 and 2 mile WATP tapes and it completely lifted my spirits. Thanks so much to all of you for keeping me motivated

May GM 30 / MW / 21.25 / MTG 8.75

Kristi
Old 05-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #90  

Hey ladies.....

Just thought I would check in real quick before I start cleaning the darn kitchen. I wasn't able to get back and do a couple more miles last night, my daughter was up until midnight. I don't know what's wrong. Hopefully she'll get out of that pahse soon. I'm tired. Just got done doing 3 miles, and if I have time I will be going to the rec center but I think I'm going to limit it to 2 or 3 miles there and concentrate on the bike today. Not sure though.

Jenifer: I feel the same way about being at least a little tan. It makes me feel a little better "thinner" than when I look like casper (almost translucent) I've been going to a tanning salon for the last couple of weeks. But of course there was a last minute change of management, and now I have to try and get my money back.

Kristi; Good Job on the walking. I hope child #2 starts feeling better soon. It's awful when kids are sick, I would much rather have it be me.

Well I think I better go get the kitchen cleaned up before I have to pick up my son. Wednesdays are early release days. We'll see how he is today, 7 going on 18 (All of a sudden he's got a real smart mouth, I think it's the kids he's playing with. But there's not many ids around here)

Talk to you all later.!!!!!

Total Walked Today: 3
Total Walked To Date: 32.6
To Go: 27.4
Closed Thread