Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 08:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Peek a boo I see you, great job at weigh in Jenifer Be proud girl. I too love long hair, but I have this weird thing I do. Whenever I'm in a " funk "( eating way wrong and no exercising ) as I gain weight I also cut my hair shorter and shorter. It's like I'm punishing myself or something. Needless to say with the 15# gain I've recently had, my hair is very short yes, my pasta was delicious, but the whole wheat pita bread I attempted today was not so good A little problem between the raising process and the transfer to the pan. It ended up like thick w.w. crackers. Still good, but I won't be stuffing it any time soon Welcome to all of you who are even newer than me. Glad you're here. Hope we can help My goals are more modest than you alls, but I want to ease back into it. I want to do this for life and stop these gain backs. Not just long enough to lose
Oh, I too love church food. We're having our mother daughter banquet next Sat. night. For once I'm not focused on the food. My 9 yr. old daughter is part of the entertainment. She's singing a solo. She is very talented and has all the confidence it took me until I was 30 to find
Have a great weekend all

5'2"
185/156/125
May goals walk 30 miles lose for good 8#

Old 05-03-2003, 09:04 PM   #17  

Good Evening everyone!!!

Hope you all had an awesome Saturday. Here in Colorado, it was beautiful. A little humid but that's okay. Today I was able to walk 4.2 miles, but now my feet hurt, and I have 2 new blisters. I had gotten some new walking shoes, but they aren't very good, so I think it's back to my old ones until I can get some more.

Jenifer: Congrats on your loss!!! I also checked out your website, it's pretty cool so far. Can't wait to see it when It's completely finished with pictures and everything.

kcatanza: I'm new to this thread too, but everybody is awesome. You'll love it here.

lovnmom; Good Luck to your daughter at her solo performance. I always auditioned in the choir but was never good enough for the solos. You must be very proud!!!

Noelle: Thanks for the encouragement about the class, but I totally chickened out. But I am definately going next Saturday. I am however starting a kickboxing class Monday Night.

Well I'm going for now. I will try to check in later, if not you all have a wonderful Sunday, and I'll talk to you later. Bye !!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 4.2
Total Walked To Date: 11.0
To Go: 49.0

Last edited by Mark&Ivy'smom; 05-03-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Wow we're getting to be a pretty big group now! Welcome Kristen & Lovnmom! We love new faces! This is going to be a fun month of challenge for each and every one of us! YiPPie! I need to put my coat on and try to get some walking in while it is somewhat clear out. ughh! Have a great Sunday!

I was brave and finally posted my web page in progress. I need to figure out the whole designs and things now. It helps keep me on track though. Of course I have to admot the rain is still here and hubby and I have just been hangin out most of the day!

Jen you are rocking on the walking!
Old 05-03-2003, 11:56 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

I got a 3 mile walk in today and a 20 mn. bike ride. I figured I better do more than 2 miles since I missed Friday. Also, got my 4 bottles of water drank. Now I just need to work on my eating habits.

Glad to see you found us Kristi aka Lovnmom. You had me going when I read your post I had to go back to April Walkers to see who you are! Hope you and your daughter have a spectacular time on Mother's Day!

WELCOME Kristen! Glad to have you.

Jenifer CONGRAT'S and WTG on your loss this week. You are doing great with WW. I will have to check out your web site when I go to school Tuesday. I don't know what is up with MSN but we can't access any geocities sites, not sure why.

Noelle, you need to post a new picture of your new hairdo. It sounds nice.

Jen, WTG on your walking! I was curious about the zumba class and how it went but I see you didn't go. Let us know what fun it is when you go next week.

Lynne, hope you are having a great weekend.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did I am sorry and hope you all are having a FABULOUS weekend! See ya tomorrow.

May Goal~60 miles
5/03/03~3 miles
Total Miles 5/03~5.5
Miles to go~54.5
Old 05-04-2003, 09:17 AM   #20  
Beauty is within...

Good evening all!

I didn't get to post yesterday, partly cos it got too late, and partly cos I didn't get to do my walk.

However, got out today, not as long as I wanted, but it all counts! Tomorrow I'm heading off on a big one, and then will probably get another 2 big ones in during the week with a friend of mine.

Jenifer, WOOHOO for your loss! Are you far from goal?

I get the impression that a few of you are either at goal, or very close to it - where are you at if you don't mind me asking? I'm only just starting mine, as you know, but I've been on the whole weight loss band wagon for the last 12 years. Up until the age of 18 I didn't have any problems with weight, and had a very nice bod. However, after leaving school (17) and moving into the nightclubbing scene, lack of regular exercise (such as walking or riding my bike to school), and I piled on the kilos. Over the years it went from gaining 15 kilos, to, by the time I was pregnant with Bec, being 40 kilos over!!! Scary how quickly it piles on.

I feel different this time round, am more aware of what my limits are, and finally come to terms with the fact that this will never go away, but is a lifelong condition. I also had to stop feeling guilty for having a slow metabolism - society and my mum have a lot to answer for!!!

Anyway, enough of that, I'm off to sleep!

Later!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #21  

I really have to get back in the swing of things. I was so bad when I was having all the problems with my back and now that I am much better I still have not gotten on my treadmill. I was gone for 5 days on a trip to Montrčal and did pretty good while there but since coming home I have had some pretty bad cravings. I have given in to some of them I am ashamed to say.
Today I am thinking of going with DH and the boys to a car show and I can get in some walking there. I am still not sure if I really want to go. It will be held right at the shores of Lake Ontario and the water is still real cold so it will be really chilly and breezy there.
I have also not set a goal for this month and have lost some motivation. My weight loss has been going up and down as well. Granted I have not really gained any back but I just keep going up and down with the same 2 lbs. Maybe tomorrow I can start to get things back on track. I need to start putting me first again and I have been busy with the boys needing this and that and now DH bought a new (used) show car and it is fallen on me to get it on the road, appraised and insured. I am now back in the # 3 or 4 position and I really need to get back into that #1 position. KWIM Summer is just around the corner and I would really like to loose a few more lbs before I pull out the shorts and swim suit.
Well, that is enough rambling. It did feel good to get it all out. Maybe this is what I needed to get back on track. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

I managed to get in a 1 mile walk this morning, early! I am going to try and get in another mile, depending on if we go to the lake or not. The wind is HORRIBLE! and I hate getting out in it. It looked like it was going to rain but I guess the WIND blew the rain elsewhere!

Lynne, I am far from my goal. My all time high was 220 lbs., when I started WW I was at 210 lbs. I just started again this past March. I say started again because last August I was going to WW and while I lost some weight I didn't make goal before I had to quit attending the meetings. It was getting kind of costly with both me and my hubby going and then our schedules got kind of crazy. So, I am bascially restarting the program but doing it at home. It's frustrating though because I am walking like crazy, drinking the water and for the most part staying within my points but not losing much at all. I weigh in on Monday's. But as far as my goal I have a ways to go. It has been a long slow journey, but I will never give up, not even whn I eventually make goal.

WNYmom, a big WELCOME to you! Glad to have you aboard. Don't be so hard on yourself about the cravings. We ALL go through it now and again. For me personally it's better to give in and have a little, than try to avoid it for fear of a major binge and that is something I don't want. I know where you are coming from about putting everyone before you. I have done that for so long and now it's time for me. Of course my kids are a little older and can do for themselves so that makes it easier, SOMETIMES! They still act like they are helpless at times though, and I am the slave woman. I think I am the old lady of the bunch.

Okay, that's about all I have for now ladies. Noelle, Jenifer, Kristi, Jen, hope you ladies are having a GREAT day! I hope I didn't miss anyone. Hubby will be home in about 30 minutes to go to the lake, may have to change our plans though. We'll see. Later...

May Goal~60 miles
5/04/03~3 mile
Total Miles 5/03~8.5
Miles to go~51.5

P.S. Just checking in to update my miles walked today. I ended up doing two more miles for a grand total of 3 miles walked today.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-04-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:12 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Happy Sunday everyone

No walk for me yesterday (Saturday) since I had a b-day party to attend in the afternoon. But I got out bright and early this morning and put in a good 3.5 miles. Feeling pretty good.

Wow, this thread is growing and that's great!

Janine glad you found us. I go through periods of time where I just lose focus and kinda just bob along, wondering if the effort of watching what you eat and exercising and worth it (usually it's a PMS week ) . I try to just stick to visiting this site and reading about other peoples' struggles and victories--something will "click" again and I get back on the wagon. It happens to all of us at some point or another. Just look at the bigger picture of a healthier you for yourself and your family.

Welcome to kcatanza too . Glad to have your aboard.

Lynne I know what you mean about this time around being different. I feel like this will be the last time I will have to do this. This time my weight loss is slower but I'm enjoying myself more, I'm more confident in my skin. I guess age is a positive factor. My current goal weight is 150, which I may re-evaluate when I get closer since I'm only 5'3" and the recommended weight range is anywhere from 115-145. Ideally I would like to reach 130 but I'm not fixing that as a hard and fast number of perfection for myself.

Cristi good job on getting that mile in this morning. And AGE is relative, it's about attitude, not a number. No one's an old lady unless they want to be .

Jenifer awesome job on your loss--you go girl! I'll have to check out your website after I get done here.

Jen that's ok on your Zumba class, maybe next week will be better. Kickboxing on Monday though huh? You're awesome! I'm too chicken to sign up for anything --I don't know why though, because I WALK in public everyday . You're doing it for you though and that's wonderful.

Well I'm off to get a little more family time today...Have a great Sunday everyone. I may go for an evening walk if I don't eat too much dinner...will update my stats if I do.

Miles to Go: 74.50

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 05-04-2003 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:00 PM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry THANKS!

wow... thanks to everyone for the welcome! i feel like i belong already... and this is only my second post! thanks everyone... hopefully you'll all keep me inspired to walk.

today, i went around the same lake as i did yesterday. a whole 3 miles... give or take a little bit. it was great. i hope the weather keeps up so that i am able to keep up with this pace.

i have a question... with the walking videos... does that also count as walking? cause that's what i'll be using during those miserable rainy days.

anyway, thanks for the welcome again... you're all an inspiration! keep up the great work

oh... and you can all address me as kristen, rather than kcatanza. it just sounds better.

bye for now.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #25  

Hi gals!!

I hope everybody had a great Sunday!!!
I wasn't able to get out and walk today, I kept putting it off and putting it off and by the time I thought I would be able to go, there just wasn't enough time. I was going to go out after I got the kids in bed, but I'm such a about walking around in the dark. I totally out at dinner so I'm going to have to kick some major Butt tomorrow. I do start the kickboxing class tomorrow night, I paid for this one so I have to go. No sense in spending money for nothing.

Kristen: Good to have you here!!!

Well tomorrow is weigh in day....wish me luck

Talk to you all later. You all have an awesome Monday!!!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: A big Fat 0!!!
Total Walked To Date: 11.0
To Go: 49.0
Old 05-05-2003, 08:23 AM   #26  
Beauty is within...

HI guys!

I got my LONG walk in today - 3 1/2 kms!!! And I did it in 35 minutes!

I had to go and buy new sneakers today cos I wore a hole in the others! hee hee

Janine, I agree, it's so important to remember to keep yourself at the top of the list. I have the same problem, with a 6 year old and 2 1/2 month old. Luckily I have a husband who makes the effort to push me out the door so I do take the time for myself! He's a gem!!

Cristi, I'm doing WW from home too. I was a member for a while, but couldn't afford it either. But I've got all the books and the knowhow, so am following the concept and coming on here for support and my weekly "weigh in". Well done for getting those extra miles in!

Hi Kristen. In my opinion, anything that brings up the heart rate and sweat should count! Good on ya for the big walk around the lake! Wish we had something so nice to walk around. Today I had to wangle my way through road works! Such fun with all the workman lounging around watching me huff and puff my way over all the dirt mounds!

Jen, I'm lucky that where we are, there are some main roads that are really well lit, so if I do have to go late (which yes, happens quite often!) then I can. I couldn't do that at our last house.

Well, better go. Bye!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Well I finally made it here to post. I got my walk in on Sunday after mowing my huge backyard for the first time. My dh and I moved in on Halloween and he has always mowed it, now I know why!
Lynne~ I am pretty far from goal. 30-40 pounds needed to lose I just joined WW on April 13th! So in almost a month I have lose 11.2 total so far!

Kristen~ I'm really glad you joined us! It sounds really beautiful where you live. A lake? Wow!

Noelle~ You keep me going. I could do my 2 miles route twice, but I have been lazy. I want to try to push myself to do that this week. Try and kick my butt in gear for me. Your doing awesome!

Jen~ I love your icon! Your doing great on your walking! whoohoo!

Cristi~ Ok do you and Kristen live by the same lake! Hahaa! Or am I getting you guys mixed up?

Lynne~ Your rockin to the top! Keep up the good work!

Welcome Janine! Glad that your going to be posting here with us! We all need a some support from eachother! This board has really helped me stay in the swing of things!

Well I am off to work for today! I hope that I got everyone! Whaooaa baby we gotta lotta peps!

Talk to you all later!
Total Miles Sunday: 2

Total May Miles: 4 I have to get my butt movin!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:52 AM   #28  

Good Monday All,

Jenifer Checked out your web page, I can't waite to see more. It sounds Like you're doing great job staying on this journey. It has to be for life. I really learned that this past six months. You're a real inspiration. Thanks

Jen I think a kickboxing class is a great choice. Good move paying up front too by the way! I did tae-bo a lot last summer. It's one of those exercises you can really tell when your improving. It's such a high. ( It was for me anyway, because I was sooooo terrible at it in the beginning ) This the one thing I hate about being rural. We have weight lifting places within 4 miles of me, but no place that actually offers classes. If you have to drive 40 min. to get there it just doesn't happen very often. Good luck to you, and I hope your weigh in goes your way

Cristi A 3 mile walk and a bike ride. You put me to shame Great job

Janine Welcom aboard, Try not to beat yourself up. We all hit those awful plateaus. Unload here anytime you need to it really does help. You'll get it going again. Stay positive.

Noelle Way to keep up that pace. You're awesome

Kristen Welcome I'm counting my WATP tapes for sure. If I'm moving my hiney, it's all good

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I myself did great for cal. over the weekend. Even with some huge challenges. Parties etc... No exercise though, but I did 3 mile WATP this morning. I'm moving again and it feels great!

5"2'
185/156/125
Miles walked 3
27 to go
Old 05-05-2003, 11:17 AM   #29  

Lynne, To answer your question of where I am on this journey. In March 2000 I weighed 185#. At 5'2" every chart in the world screamed OBESE at me. Like it wouldn't hurt my feelings.!? I started by getting a food mover to help me keep track of what I was eating. Dropped my self to 1800 cals. and very low fat with moderate exercise. I dropped 40# in about 6 mths. Putting me at 140 in Sept. 2000. I stayed at or near that weight for 2 yrs. (135-145#) In Sept. 2002 I had a lot of things go crazy in my personal life and instead of turning to healthy foods and exercise to deal with the stress I went right back to eating all the wrong stuff and way too much of it. I quit exercising totally. Until I walked 3 weeks ago I hadn't done anything physical since last Sept. This behavior helps me to hide my true feelings. Even those who are closest to me never get it. Thankfully, I'm back. Sharing my true feelings and taking care of myself. With 4 children under the age of 10 it can be hard to do that. To shorten this up( I didn't mean to get so carried away.) I have been within 10# of my goal, but am once again 30# away. It's a lifetime of behavior modification for me that really has very little to do with how I look physically, but rather to do with how I feel emotionally. The struggle is really worth it though. I have a great life. 4 beautiful kids,a wonderful husband who's always loved me and found me attractive no matter my size, a higher power who cares for me, and a great sister.
I wish you much luck on your journey and may we always do this for our health and not because we care what others think of our appearance.

Kristi
Old 05-05-2003, 01:47 PM   #30  
Pending Email Confirmation

hey everyone. happy cinco de mayo!

as far as the leslie sansone tapes... i have walk the walk. and she seems very bubbly. are all her tapes like that? i was thinking of getting watp. but i wasn't sure if there is a major difference between them. is watp more challenging than walk the walk, cause as i remember it comes with weights and a belt or something? i just want to be able to change it up. boredom can kill me!

hope everyone's having a nice day. i gotta get back to work.

take care!
Closed Thread