Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 01:24 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

(((((Noelle))))) I hope that your son feels better. I think that I would take him to the doctors again. I know when children are sick it really stinks b/c you hate seeing them not feel up to much. I will be thinking of you and your son throughout the week!

I am going to bed for now but wanted to let you all know I went for a long very long bike ride tonight! It felt so nice b/c it was cool and a little bit dark by the time I got home. I love Summertime!

Where is everyone from?????
Northern, California
Old 05-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #152  

Hey ladies----

Well I hope everybody had a great Memorial day. Had a piece of cake, but it didn't taste very good, so now I'm kind of mad at myself for eating it. But I did get in another 2 miles today...so that's 4 today. I WILL meet this goal. Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Jenifer: I'm from Colorado

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 4
Total Walked To Date: 46.5
To Go: 13.5

Last edited by Mark&Ivy'smom; 05-27-2003 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:17 AM   #153  

P.S. Noelle I really hope your son starts to feel better soon. I'm rootin' for him!!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 07:00 AM   #154  

Well, I didn't do good at all last week. I had a 1½ lb gain. Granted I didn't excercise on the treadmill but I have been doing yard work and got alot of house work done. I guess this is my wake up call and I had better make sure I set aside that 45 minutes or so to work out on the treadmill no matter what I do.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:22 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, I got my sister out for a 2 mile walk today. I could tell she really didn't want to go, but she did and I could tell she felt better when we got done. Tomorrow I will finally weigh at the drs. I'm hoping to be down 10# since I weighed last on April 13th, but from the way my clothes fit etc. I don't think I will have quite made it, but I will still be happy if I'm down 6# that would be 1# a week. Ok, face it I'll be happy no matter what, because I know I've lost.

Jen, Woohoo 3# gone. I too get so mad at myself when I eat a calorie filled food that only tastes so, so instead of super good!

Cristi, Way to stay positive. Any goal that's worth going for is accomplished by taking little steps towards it. You're so right when you say you have the exercise down. you are doing awesome. The next step will come. hang in there you're doing great!

Noelle, I too will pray for both you and your son. For him a speedy recovery and strength to see you through until he is better.

Jenifer, Glad to hear your feeling up again your exercise yesterday was terrific.

Janine, Keep that smile on your face. That 1.5# will be gone soon.

May miles 35.75

Hey Jenifer, any ideas for a June handle for us?!?!?

Have a good day

Kristi
Old 05-27-2003, 02:29 PM   #156  

OK, I am trying to get back on track. This is what I have done so far today.

BREAKFAST
2 cups of coffee with sugar
1 slimfast meal bar

LUNCH
1 Lean Cuisine Meatball & mozzarella
1 side salad with low fat salsa ranch dressing

WORKOUT
40 minutes on the treadmill - 237 cal burned

WATER INTAKE
32 oz of water with a twist of lime for flavor
Old 05-27-2003, 11:17 PM   #157  

Well hello ladies,

Okay I just had a nice long post and I hit the wrong button. I'm mad right now, so I will try and remember everything I was going to say. Anyway.....How has everybody been today. I hope good. My day was pretty boring. I did manage 2 miles so far and I'm hoping to do another 2 or maybe 3 depending on when I get my butt off the computer and get the kitchen cleaned up, so I don't have to do it tomorrow morning. I need to also make sure to get back on here and post more often. I feel better when I do. I'm itching really bad right now, because I'm starting to peel from that sunburn`

Well we decided to skip south Dakota this year and go down to New Mexico instead. I have never been there, so it's something new. Can't wait for all that handmade jewelery. We'll be stopping in Taos and Santa Fe, and down along the Turquoise Trail. I need to map everything out pretty soon. We will also be doing the "Take a Llama to Lunch" hike. You get a llama, and a guide and you head up to the Sngre De Cristo mountains for a hike, and they cook you a "gourmet" lunch. That should be fun. Tried to get reservations for Ojo Caliente, but they no longer allow children under 15, because the adult guests need time for "Quiet Contemplation". Their father must be turning over in his grave seeing how his kids are running the resort now. Oh well. We'll just spend our money somewhere else.

Okay, well I hope you all have a good night. I need to get off this thing. Talk to you all later.

Total Walked Today: 2
Total Walked To Date: 48.5
To Go: 11.5
Old 05-28-2003, 12:15 AM   #158  

Hi ladies! I am so excited I past up my mileage from last month! Whoohooo! I did 38.5 last month this month isn't even over and I have past it up! YA! Well today I wasn't very hungry for a change. HEhee! I think it was the heat......I registered for college today and now have to sign up in a couple weeks for summer school. It is weird going to school after being graduated for 10 years! YiKeS! I am excited though.
Janine keep your head up b/c you're doing great! I am a few slips myself but I just remember you can wake up the next day and start over.
Jen your vacation sounds like fun! Llamas! Just don't let them spit on ya! New Mexico is beautiful! I love all the homade jewelry also. When are you planning on going?
Kristi I am so glad that your sis seems to be doing ok. It's great that she has you for a support system. ((((Hugs))))
To all the other Flowers I hope you all are doing wonderful!
Total Miles Today~2
Total May Miles~ 39
April Miles~ 38.5
4 More Days Till the End of the Month! Lets get the booties moving!
Old 05-28-2003, 02:51 PM   #159  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

Great day today! I love it when the weather is nice and the wind isn't blowing. I like a cool breeze now and then but this wind gets a little crazy at times.

Janine, hey I too gained this week but don't let it get ya down. I think it is all part of the process in the beginning. Seeing as you have gotten back on track I have faith you will be fine this week. It's good writing down or posting what you eat. That's where I went wrong, I had quit writing down what I was eating thinking I had it down and was doing good. I have started journaling what I eat, everything. I think it really does help.

Noelle, I sure hope your baby gets to feeling better soon. Having a cold for two weeks seems kind of long, but definitely not unheard of. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you and him.

Jen, you will LOVE New Mexico! Well, I did anyway. My Aunt lived there for a few years, in Albuquerque and it is simply beautiful up there. I loved when they have all the Hot Air Balloons there. I've always wanted to go up in one and while living in CA I had the opportunity but I couldn't get anyone to go up with me, I am a chicken to go by myself. Now I wouldn't have actually been by myself the guy operating/flying it would have been there but I wanted a friend to go. They were more chicken than me. Love Sante Fe also! Too bad you guys decided not to go to South Dakota. Were you going to go to Mt. Rushmore? That was cool, and even cooler was Sturgis when all the motorcycles were there. Another nice place to visit. Well, hope you guys have a GREAT time!

Kristi, that's good you got your sister to get out for a walk. She sounds like me not wanting to walk but once I get started I am fine and glad I did it. Sending some good vibes for your weigh in. : : :

Jenifer, yes I am curious as to what you have in store for our name for June! I am so thankful for you starting this thread. Had you not started this I don't think I would have ever walked or exercised as much as I have. You ladies have kept me going! Now if I can get the eating part down. WTG on passing your goal for May!!WOOHOO And WTG on going back to school. You will like it. I hadn't been back to school in years either and last summer I took some classes and then did a full year last fall and I can honestly say I enjoyed it for the most part. Although towards the end of the second semester it was becoming a little repetitive and boring. But I am so very glad I did it. So you GO GIRL! Have fun with it! Oh, almost forgot, I live in Kansas, UGH! But lived most of my life in Southern CA and I miss it!

Okay, I have done well so far with my eating and exercise. I managed to get my exercise in early this morning and it feels GREAT! I did a 4 mile walk and am very happy to say I have definitely made my goal for the month of May! Now the tricky part is what will my goal be for June. I've not wanted to go too high for fear of not making my goal but since I have done so well, hmmmm, I don't know. I will have to give this one some thought.

Hi to EVERYONE I didn't mention. Hope you all are having a nice day.

May Goal~60 miles
5/27/03~3.35 miles
5/28/03~4 miles
Total Miles 5/03~66.43
Miles to go~ZERO!!! Passed my goal by 6.43 miles, (not 4.43)
I made my goal! Yippee!

P.S. It would probably help if I knew how to add and subtract! I actually do. I started thinking about the miles walked yesterday and today and only going over 4. I had to go back and check things and sure enough that is the wrong total. I copied and pasted the wrong post (I always copy & paste the stats and then change the numbers), it was the one before the last post. I have entered the correct totals. Now that sounds better, I was off by two pounds. Geez!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-29-2003 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #160  

Just a quick check in, I will definately post later. Busy day ahead, although it is 1 pm here.

Cristi: We were going to Mt Rushmore, we were going to stay at the KOA campground at the base of the mountain, but we have been there so many times. I really like it there, but we wanted something different this time. Besides I pend too much money onall the Black Hills Gold rings. I LOVE that jewelery. Then again I just love spending money period. I'm rally looking forward to going. I think we'll be leaving around June 9th and be gone through the 14th. But we will also be staying a night at the Sand Dunes in southern Colorado. I'm going to try to lose another 8 pounds by the time we leave. Don't know if it will happen, but I'm sure going to try.

Anyway, no exercise yet today. But last night I did get in naother .5 miles on the treadmill. I have to make this goal. Well I'll talk to you all later, have to get my son from school, Wed. are early release days. Bye!!

Total Walked Today: 0
Total Walked To Date: 52
To Go: 8 ALMOST THERE!!
Old 05-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Janine, Sounds like you've done great today. A pat on the back I'm sending your way.

Jenifer, Back to college and you surpassed your miles. WTG.

Cristi, Yippee, you passed your goal too. I know what you mean about wondering where to set this months. I aimed low because I was starting back at it, but party of me wants to stay low, because I always get so competitive with myself and then I end up hating exercise because it's too time consuming etc... I think I'll go just a little higher though. Like maybe whatever i end up with this month!?!?

Jen, 8 more miles to go, go, go!!!

I'm so dissapointed, I got called into work today and had to cancel my drs. apy. so I still don't know how much I weigh. I'm getting awfully anxious and need to get somewhere to weigh at. I had a good day over all so far, but no exercise to report. I definitely have to get out there tomorrow. Have a great day!

Kristi
Old 05-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #162  
Pending Email Confirmation

hello ladies
i can't believe it's almost june. i never set a goal for may, but i do have to say that i did pretty good. at least i think so. at least a mile walk everyday. sometimes even 3 or a little more. so i'm not too obsessed.

unfortunately, new england is ridiculous weather wise these days. i just did the walk away the pounds two mile from leslie sansone. it's so different from regular walking, but i feel all my different leg muscles, not just my calves, like i normally feel when i just walk outside. has anyone else done her tapes?

yesterday i walked around the tufts track again. i'm becoming a regular. or at least i feel that way. there's an older lady that i see there every time i go. she does very well.... i hope i'm in shape like her when i'm her age! but actually, you know what i did? i actually jogged a little ways! i'm so not a jogger at all... but it felt nice to do it for a little while... something to change things up. don't worry though, i'll always be a walker!

but anyway, i really gotta jet out. i need to come out here more often. i need the motivation. i feel myself slipping big time. but enough of that.

have a wonderful night/day, girls! and keep up the great work!
Old 05-28-2003, 11:35 PM   #163  

Hi Gals! Got my regular 2 in and then I didn't know but last night I guess I ran over a thumb tack and my tire on the bike is flat. Hubby will have to go buy me a tube now. I am jogging a little while walking. I'm a mouth breather so I find it hard to jog.

Cristi your doing awesome on passing your goal up. Speaking of Kansas we might be moving to Oklahoma. Ughhh! My hubby's contract might not get signed here so we may have to move where he can find a job. He has connections in Oklahoma. Kansas isn't far! Who knows though?

Jen your doing great don't beat yourself up though. Let us know how ya did. I just do as much walking as I can for the month and if I pass up what I did the month before I am happy camper!

Kristi are you going to be able to reschedule your doctors appointment? It take forever for me to get a dang appointment with my doctor.
How is your Sis?

Kristen I have done the WATP tapes and I like them. I know I like walking outside better even though the WATP gets my arms moving. I get board with it and only do it if I have to. They're good workout tapes though. I just love being outside!
Your doing great with the walking!

Noelle~~ I hope that things are okay we haven't heard from you in a while! How is your son and how are you doing? I hope all is well sending good vibes your way!

Keep us posted!
Total Miles Today~ 2
Total May Miles~ 41
Old 05-29-2003, 01:11 AM   #164  

Just a quick one. I was doing pretty good today, planned on getting out and walking and then................They brought home tamales. I love Tamales. I ate 4 at first (these are smaller, about half the size of normal tamales) but then I just couldn't help it and I ate another 1 1/2. I did do 3 miles, but I'm going to have to work my butt off for the next couple of days to make up for it. The good thing though, is I'm totally over my tamale craving for a long while. I won't want them again for a couple months. I also made myself sick now. I better get some sleep. Planning on long haul at the gym tomorrow.

Total Walked Today: 3
Total Walked To Date: 55
To Go: 5 ALMOST THERE!!

Old 05-29-2003, 09:30 AM   #165  

Good morning Jen & everyone else! Well I have to admit Mexican Food is my down fall. I am glad you had a positive attitude and your ready to go the gym today. I joke that I should've been hispanic b/c I can eat mexican food for every meal!
I'm off to beautiful work. In this heat I really don't want to sit in an office all day! Tonight I am going to get my hair cut by some lady that does it out of her house. I am excited though b/c she is a fitness instructor and also she has lost a lot of weight on Weight Watchers. THis will be very motivational for me. Have a great day and I will talk to you all tonight!
Closed Thread