Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #31  

I managed to get in a 40 minute workout on the treadmill today. Felt pretty good! I have also drank almost 60 oz of water and it is just past 2:30PM I am now working on supper! Roast chicken, roasted tomatoes with garlic, thyme and basil along with roasted baby red potatoes. I have the tomatoes done, potatoes in the oven and I just have to get the chicken ready and put in in the ShowTime cooker!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:33 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Wow, you ladies have been busy bees today! Hope everyone had and is having a GREAT Cinco de Mayo!! I was too busy today to check in this morning. I did manage a 2.5 mile walk and a 20 mn. bike ride. I have to get that bike ride in there too! I really enjoy riding it. Drank 5 bottles of water, ick! And stayed in my point range, so overall it was a good day. :smile:

Kristi, WTG on watching your cals. I know how hard it is when you have functions to attend trying to resist all the goodies. And I have to agree with you about doing this for your health and not because of what others think. I don't care what others think about my body, it's whats inside that counts. I am doing this for three reasons; 1) For my health. I don't have any problems and I want it to stay that way 2) To be comfortable, comfortable in that when I bend down to tie my shoes, my big fat stomach doesn't get in the way and 3) Because I want to look good for ME.

Lynne, that seems to be going around, I too had to go get new sneakers. WTG on your long walk!

Jenifer, hey, you should be counting mowing the lawn as a walk also, that is if you were using a push mower. It definitely is a workout and can add up, do you have a pedometer?

Janine, WTG on your walk! A 40 mn walk is very GOOD! I want to come over to your house for dinner! Mmmmm, that chicken sounds delicious!

Kristen, I have heard so much talk about Leslie Sansone's tapes and I must say I am very curious about them. I defintinely will have to check them out. When you do the tape do you count it as a walk? Sorry to sound like a dummy, I just have heard about Leslie Sansone on this site and I see a lot of ladies do it, so I have no clue what it exactly is.

Noelle, you are so right about age being relative, and being just a number. I actually think I look my age but people are suprised when they find out how old I am. I guess they think I was like 12 when I started having kids!

Jen, where are you? Hope you are having a good day. How was your kickboxing class?

Okay, that's about all I have for now ladies. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Talk to ya later.

May Goal~60 miles
5/05/03~2.5 mile
Total Miles 5/03~11
Miles to go~49

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-07-2003 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default 4 MiLeS!

Oh my I just got back from my walk. Instead of just 2 Miles I walked it twice so I walked 4 Miles in 40 Minutes. Is that a good time? I mean I feel like I got a workout!
Cristi~ How was your weigh in? it was today right?? I don't have one of those pedometers are they cool? How much are they?
kristen~ I like the WATP tapes, but I have to admit I love walking outside. I have the basic One and Two Mile tape (well on DVD) and I bought some 2 pound weights at Wal*Mart to use when she uses the ball. I bought the DVD at Best Buy.

Well have a great night everyone!
Is it good to have lemon water instead of regular plain water???

Total Miles Today~ 4
Total May Miles~ 8
Goal~ I'm not sure!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:22 PM   #34  

Hi all!!!

How was everybody's day? Mine was okay, abit busy and boring. It took me 2 hours to clean my sons room. I swear he is the poster child for the world of the "Pack Rat". He had gum wrappers and rocks, not interesting rocks, just plain old river rocks, the kind people put in their yard. Not to mention popcorn kernals ground into the floor under his bed. I got 3 yard bags of trash out of there. He had stuff hidden EVERYWHERE!!!!! Went to the kickboxing class, it was okay. I think I was still a bit intimidated, so maybe when I go back on Wednesday, it will be a little more familiar, and not as bad. But I already paid so I have to go. I also got in a 2 mile walk tonight with my kids. We got caught in the rain otherwise I would have gone farther. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

Janine: Your dinner sounded so good, it got my mouth watering

GO JENIFER: a 10 minute mile? YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I wish I could do that.

Cristi: A new job and 2.5 miles and a bike ride......you are awesome!!!!

Oh gee, I didn't even tell you all. Weigh in today was a loss of 3 pounds. 3 more pounds and I'll make my Memorial Day Goal. Hopefully early.

Well I think I'm going to go for now, I'll check in tomorrow morning. You ladies have a great night, and an even better morning!!!!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 2
Total Walked To Date: 13
To Go: 47
Old 05-06-2003, 06:46 AM   #35  

Hi everyone. I hope I can join your group also as I really need the motivation to start my walking program again. Of course, here in the South right now we have have lots and lots of rain and thunderstorms and they are suppose to last the whole week and I am not thin enough to walk between the drops and probably never will be, but at least I am finally on the right track.
I started the South Beach Diet several weeks ago and so far this seems to be doing it for me. This is the first low-carb diet I have ever tried and have always been doing low-fat and this is completely different.
Anyway my goal in walking for the month is 60 miles.
I am so glad to find this group as it seems to help to keep one motivated when others are doing the same thing you are.
I love making bread in my machine, but on SBD bread is very limited and so far I haven't found any recipes I can use in it.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Caci
Old 05-06-2003, 10:19 AM   #36  
Beauty is within...

Hi all

Firstly, is everyone ok after those horrible tornados? We saw on the news that it has totally wiped out heaps of homes and killed lots of people. Horrible stuff! We're so lucky that we don't have anything like that here.

I went for a walk today for 1 HOUR and 10 minutes!!! I was BUGGERED! I went with some mums from the school, and we walked to a racecourse, and then around it. Mind you, can't walk very well now, but it's good every now and then! Will be doing it every Tuesday and Thurs.

Someone, I think it was Cristi?, talked about why she is into her weight loss. Would you believe it took me over 10 years to finally come to terms with the fact that having a slow metabolism IS NOT MY FAULT, and that I should stop feeling guilty and think I'm a horrible person because I can't lead the same type of lifestyle as others do. When I finally came to terms with this, it was like a huge burden was taken off my shoulders. I could finally enjoy myself again, and say, I'm a great person no matter what size, but I'm not happy with this size, so what can I do about it?
What this means is if I have a "bad" day, where I don't make the best choices, I don't beat myself up about it and revert to "old ways". I just accept that I'm human, it's hard to change a lifetime of habits, and I've just got to pick up and keep going. Also realise that by having a "bad" day means that it will just take a bit longer to get to goal.

Anyway, enough of that! I just think it's so important that people with weight problems need to stop suffering so much guilt for a condition that is not theirs to control. I was saying to Marc (hubby) that food addiction is the worst, because you can't abstain from food. You need food to live. It's not like alcohol or ciggies, where you can just quit cold turkey and avoid being around them. Food is a neccessity and a luxury, an essential part of our lives. So we can't avoid it, and we have to have it around us, and in us every day!!! So anyone who has overcome, or is attempting to overcome, food addiction, is the strongest bravest person around!!!

*phew* I'm exhausted! gotta go!

Bye!
Old 05-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #37  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Hey Ladies!

I didn't have the time to post last night but I did get my regular walk in of 3.5 miles + a little time on weights. Now I have aches in different places on my body.

Welcome Caci! 60 miles in a month is doable. Do you walk outside or indoors on a treadmill of some sort? Sorry to hear about your bad weather, we've just gotten over a bit of that ourselves here in Hawaii. Now it's just plain hot and humid--87 degrees yesterday, w/no breeze to speak of.

Lynne, great job on your walk! Twice a week at that intensity should do a lot to boost your metabolism. I've found that if you eat smaller, more frequent meals/snacks throughout the day your metabolism will get faster because your body will know it's getting more fuel, more frequently. It works for me. I try to eat 6 times a day (i.e. breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner/snack) . In any case, accepting your body no matter what size/shape is what we all should do. We are all a work in progress and we should love ourselves through thick and thin .

Jenifer you are absolutely blazing on your walks! Awesome.

Cristi I have a WATP 2 miles tape--still in the shrink wrap. I've never tried it out because my I don't exactly have the space in my living room or bedroom to do it...I'm thinking of selling it on ebay. Anyone interested? We have such great weather here for most of the year that I don't really like to stay indoors anyway. Hubby finally got the home gym set up this weekend and I tried out the butterfly press thing--my shoulders and pecs(?) are really speaking to me today. *ouch!!*

Kristi, I'm a short one like you, only 5'3" so I'll be happy to see the day when my BMI and weight chart reflect 'overweight' and not obese . Short term goal of course, but I would like to eventually reach the normal range.

Janine/Kristen/Jen and sorry if I missed anyone, hope you all have a great day. I'm off to get some work done. Check ya later.

Miles to Go: 71
Old 05-06-2003, 02:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,

Janine, Great job on the treadmill. I tried one for the first time today. It was inclined and I now know why people refer to them as dreadmills. I plan to continue to use it at least once a week. The workout was great. Uphill like that. And too, I feel I'll appreciate my other types of exercise much more keeping the treadmill in my life.

Cristi, Great workout once again! I love your three reasons for doing this. #2 made me lol. I really enjoy the WATP tapes. I truly love to walk outdoors. I have great bike trails running past my house plus we own land that connects to corn, and hay fields, and hunting grounds. You have to walk almost straight up a dug way ( dirt road cut out of the bluff ) but once your on top beautiful trails left from logging done some 15-20 yrs. ago. They wind through woods and fields. Great for seeing wildlife and just breathing, but being WI the weather is only favorable for this about 5 mths. out of the year. The rest of the year it's either brr really cold with snow and ice or it's so humid with loads of mosquitoes. I still walk with the hot and the bugs, but not the rain or cold. So I use Leslie's tapes a lot. I have the 1, 2, and 3 mile tapes. The intensity of the walk is increased by using 2# weights in segments. She has you doing dumbell curls, overhead presses, lateral raises, etc... while walking. There great if you like to sweat without feeling as if you're punishing yourself. I definitely count the miles.

Jenifer, 4 miles in 40 min!?!?! That's great time. I power walked DAILY 3-8 miles for 4 mths. last spring and summer and never did better than 12 min. a mile. You go girl.

Jen, WooHoo a kickboxing class and a 3# loss.WTG this must be a great week!!

Caci, Welcome! Great to have you along for the walk

Lynne, Great attitude. Keep on loving yourself! If you don't who will? US!

As for me, doing great on eating habits. Really enjoying the challenge of staying within cals., but yet being satisfied. The whole grains are really making a difference. Plus, I'm trying real hard to avoid white sugar. It totally makes me want to eat more and more of anything. Yes, I walked again today. Only 1.25 miles, but it's a walk and two days in a row now. I think maybe I should alert the media

May Goal 30 miles and 8# loss
MW 4.25 MTG 25.75
Old 05-06-2003, 03:41 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally posted by lovnmom
Hi All,

Janine, Great job on the treadmill. I tried one for the first time today. It was inclined and I now know why people refer to them as dreadmills. I plan to continue to use it at least once a week. The workout was great. Uphill like that. And too, I feel I'll appreciate my other types of exercise much more keeping the treadmill in my life.

I like my treadmill! I use a program that controls the treadmill. I can do a 40 minute workout and burn about 225 cal. The program will change the speed and incline through out the workout. I only go a max of 4% incline and a max of 3MPH. I have the treadmill right in the livingroom, hooked up to the computer via the audio output. I create a program then watch TV and let the program control the treadmill. Before I know it I have done a 40 minute workout! Granted when I first got the treadmill I was only doing 15 minutes and about every 2 weeks after I would increase till I got to 30 minutes. I stayed there for a bit then started moving up to 35 and now I am at 40 minutes.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:45 PM   #40  

Hey girls!!!!

I hope everybody had a good day today!! I was able to take my butt out for a 3 mile walk today. I had to force myself though. My legs are pretty pissed off at me right now for some reason. They didn't complain yesterday. They better just get over it though because I set my sights on a new trail and we're going the whole way. I totally don't feel like doing anything. I kept waiting for those little endorphins to kick in which usually happens within the forst 1/2 mile, but not today. I got a quick burst between the first mile and a half and then it was gone in about 10 minutes, and I had to trudge the entire way home thinking "why did I go so far?" I'm going to make sure tomorrow is a better day though. Maybe it's because I cheated late last night.

Welcome Caci....these ladies are the best. You'll like it here.

Well I think I'm off, getting sleepy Talk to you all tomorrow

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 3
Total Walked To Date: 16
To Go: 44

I better get a move on if I'm going to make this goal.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:14 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default sore

Ok is it just me or are we all crying about how sore we are??? I am so sore from mowing my lawn and doing 4 miles yesterday and then 2 miles today! Not sure whats going on with my legs but just very sore!
I just got home from getting my baskets! I had a longaberger party a couple weeks ago and can't wait to unwrap everything! Hehehe! Kinda like Christmas! Talk to you al tomorrow! Have fun walking!

Total Miles Today: 2

Total May Miles: 10
Old 05-07-2003, 01:37 AM   #42  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies!

I did a 2 mile walk today. A little short on the water for today for some reason, only drank 3 bottles and about 1/4 of the fourth. For some reason I woke up very, very early this morning which is unlike me and I have been tired since, but I forced a walk.

Lynne, WTG on your hour and 10 mn. walk!

WELCOME Caci! Glad to have you aboard.

Jenifer, WOW! I am impressed! A 4 mile walk and mowing the yard! WTG! And yes 4 miles in 40 mns. is EXCELLENT! Okay, I have to ask, what is a Longaberger Party? I lived in California for about 18 years and have never heard of this.

Noelle, are you serious about the Leslie Sansone tape? If so I would be interested. All this talk about them has got me curious and I haven't had the time to go to the store to check them out. Plus, variety is the spice of life. If I do different things all the time then I find I don't get so bored with the same routine.

Kristi, WTG on your walk today! And only 1.25 mile walk! ONLY! Hey, don't say ONLY because a walk is a walk regardless of the distance. The point is you are doing something and that's all that matters.

Janine, I too am a treadmill walker. I had bought it mainly to use for when the weather is bad because my hubby and I were walking outdoors until our schedules got kind of goofy. I don't really care to walk by myself so I have mainly been using the treadmill. Mine too is in the living room in front of the tv! Actually it's tucked inside the entry way pointed right in front of the tv. If I am watching tv or listening to one of the music stations, MTV, CMT or one of the others it keeps my mind off the dreaded walk and the time goes faster.

Jen, you are doing a good job with your walking. WTG!

Okay ladies it is late and I am tired, another busy day tomorrow, well the morning will be busy. I get the afternoon off from any errands, work, class or anything, except my walk. I hope I didn't miss anyone and I hope everyone had a great day. Talk to ya tomorrow.

I am editing this post tonight because apparently last night while posting I was so tired and forgot to!

May Goal~60 miles
5/06/03~2 mile
Total Miles 5/03~13
Miles to go~47

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-07-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:18 AM   #43  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, got in my regular route of 3.5 miles. There was a steady drizzle for most of the way so I had to carry my umbrella--it was kind of fun actually, made me feel like a little kid again. I've also been walking my son to school in the mornings which isn't much, maybe all of 5-7 minutes one way, but still, it's walking right? I don't count that mileage but it's just a little extra insurance of burning some calories. Speaking of which my eating has been a little wacky. I ate a Big n Tasty (nasty) burger from McD's and I don't know why--haven't eaten fast food like that for ages! I was feeling like I wanted to cheat and I did... It wasn't even that good either. I need to get my motivation back and quick--otherwise the scale will start going in the wrong direction. The only positive thing is that I've been keeping up w/my exercise. Now to get a handle on my food choices.

Cristi, yes I'm serious about the tape. I'll PM you or you can PM me and if you want it, it's yours.

Well it's getting late and I need to get to bed. Hope everyone had a good day. I'll work on my motivation to stay on track as tomorrow is another day. Never give up!!!

Miles to Go: 67.5
Old 05-07-2003, 08:52 AM   #44  
Beauty is within...

Hi!

Food was better today. Had a light day, with very few carbohydrates.

I did HEAPS of gardening, as we're having really nice weather here at the moment. So although I didn't get my walk in, I certainly believe I earned some points! The front garden is now starting to take shape. We managed to score some boulders and rocks from a house being demolished across the road. Beautiful red rock from the country. So I arranged them in a garden bed that's in front of the front door, and then planted some lovely flowering ground cover around them. Gave the whole area a huge face lift. Gonna get stuck into it again tomorrow. It's just what I need at the moment to get rid of the blues, and stop thinking about food!

Weigh in tomorrow, but I have to be honest with myself and say that the week hasn't been the best, so I won't be surprised if I don't see a loss. Also, fat converting to muscle, so weight loss might not show for a little while anyway.

Noelle, I'm the same about food. I find if I don't eat regularly throughout the day, I tend to overeat when it comes to main meal time. I also have a rule that I don't eat after 8pm, as the body can't process the food as well when you're in bed. I'm so impressed with your level of exercise. It's good to be around such motivated people!

Jen, I know what you mean about the walking and your legs not being impressed. I felt that way after yesterday's long walk. Which is why I was quite happy to work in the garden and give myself a rest, but still workout in a different way. I'm off for another big one tomorrow, and feel more ready to do it!

HI to everyone else, have a great day!

Bye for now.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:01 PM   #45  
One day at a time

Default Daily Survival Kit

TOOTHPICK~
To remind you the good qualities in others.

RUBBERBAND~
To remind you to be flexible, things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out.

ERASER~
To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's all right.

BAND-AID~
To remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's.

MINT~
To remind you that you are worth a mint!

CANDY KISS~
To remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug every day.

TEA BAG~
To remind you to relax every day and go over that list of blessings.

CHEWING GUM~
To remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

PENCIL~
To remind you to list your blessings every day.

HAVE A SUPER DAY!
Closed Thread