Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #91  
Beauty is within...

Hi again

Thanks for the welcome! It's soo good to be back into the swing of it all again.

I'm logging in to report that I walked just over 1 mile in 20 minutes today. Certainly small bickies compared to you Cristi!! What an impressive walk! And lots of water too - woo hoo!

I also worked in the garden for 1/2 hour, so probably really feel it tomorrow!

Later
Lynne
Old 04-27-2003, 12:15 PM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking GOOD MORNING LADIES!

Lynne, good job on your walk this morning! And gardening, now that is a work out! I love to garden but haven't done much in the past few years.

I did 1.50 miles this morning and will finish after lunch. Lynne, Noelle is the walker here. She has done 3.5 miles everyday I think or almost everyday. She has done FANTASTIC with her walking. Her and Jenifer are keeping me motivated. Me I am only trying to make my goal and let me tell ya, 3.5 miles is KILLING me! My original goal was to do a mile a day and I felt like a slow poke compared to Jenifer and Noelle so I upped my goal and with a few free days in there I thought I wasn't going to make my goal. So basically I am playing catch-up. For May's goal I will try to throw some 3 mile walks in there, I don't know how often that will happen though.

Well, that's about all I have for now ladies. I will check in later this evening with the total for today. Later...
Old 04-27-2003, 03:21 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! Hope you all are having a good Sunday! I haven't got my walk in yet. I have been organizing my closet and getting out the shorts for summertime. Half of my shorts don't fit though! ughh! They should within a couple weeks.
Glad you could join us Lynne! Your doing great! Yes the walker is totally Noelle......she rocks! We all try to stay motivated though! Whoohoo! WIll post when I get on later!
Old 04-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #94  

Hi ladies! I just got back from my walk and I am now making Taco Soup! I Cup=1 point! Gotta love that! Also my new thing today that I am working on is building a web page. My dh is a computer programmer and he also has done web pages so he helped me get started. It seems like a lot of fun so far. I do have to hook the scanner up to get some pictures. As soon as I have the web site running you all will be the first to know! Have a good week!
Cristi~ let me know how your WI goes!
Noelle~ Come out and play where ever you are!

Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 32.5
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 AM   #95  
One day at a time

OMG!!!! I hope you ladies are sitting down because I am. I walked 4 miles today! I am so proud of myself and sooo tired! I NEVER thought I would do 4 miles. Of course it was not all in one time, I have to break it up into two walks. That would literally kill me, walking 4 miles at that pace. I have walked more before hiking but not at this sort of pace. I'm just so happy that I am going to make my goal, woohoo!

Jenifer, you are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work! Have fun with your web page and make sure you let us know when you have it done so we can take a peek. I thought about doing one, but instead I am doing a scrapbook. I got into scrapbooking a couple of years ago and really enjoy that. I should just do a webpage it would be A LOT cheaper than a scrapbook. And that Taco Soup sounds delicious! Yummy.

Noelle, we miss you. :frown: Hope you aren't feeling too bad. I remember you weren't feeling too good a few days ago, I hope you didn't get any worse. Sending some good vibes your way.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow. Nighty, night.

P.S.
Oooops! I forgot to post my miles. I'm tired, what can I say.

4/27/03~4 miles
Miles 4/03~37.5
Miles to go~7.5

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-28-2003 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:34 AM   #96  
Beauty is within...

Hello again.

Cristi, I'm sooo impressed! Question is, will you be able to walk tomorrow? I'm stiff, and I didn't even do 1/2 of that!

I did 1 1/2 miles in 25 minutes today. That's my "long" walk, which isn't too bad considering I had a caesarian 2 months ago! Still feeling like I'm "waddling" half the time!

Jenifer, my dad is a computer programmer as well, but I've never got into web design. I've always wanted to check it out, but never had the chance to learn.

What do you base your mileage goals on? Something you've worked out personally, or did you get the information based on averages and expectations of persons with particular weight etc?

I'll start counting at the beginning of May, but I'm curious as to what type of goal I should aim for. I don't want to push myself too much, as I haven't exercised properly since before I got pregnant, and don't want to burn myself out!

Speak to you later.

Lynne
Old 04-28-2003, 12:12 PM   #97  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down I'm baaaaaaaacccccckkkkkk

Hey ladies, I'm back! I didn't have access to my computer this weekend since we rearranged the living room to get my hubby's home gym in place--everything was in disarray and now the gym is in the house (still in boxes mind you, but still, in the house ) . I'm feeling a tad bit better, no more headaches but this sore throat still bugs me. I'll live.

Thanks for the kudos regarding my walking but the truth is, I didn't walk for the past 3 days! (Gasp!!!) That's the longest time off I've spent since I started walking for exercise in October! I took my son to a b-day party on Friday night, Sat/Sun was spent cleaning and rearranging the house, Sunday afternoon I went to a friends wedding. It's Monday so it's back to the old grind of diet and exercise.

First of all, welcome Lynne to our little group. We are definitely helping each other out. Secondly congratulations on your new daughter, how sweet! Thirdly, how'd you manage to lose weight while pregnant? That I'd like to know since I'm thinking of starting on baby #2 real soon...that would be a plus to lose some lbs instead of packing some on while pregnant. Do tell! As far as personal goals for walking, I just grabbed a number that I wanted to shoot for, which was 65 miles--easily attainable if I did my route only 5 days a week. My normal walking route is 3.5 miles which I would do 5-6X a week. This month though, I walked almost 7 days since I have a sister or 2 that comes along. Having a walking partner or even a few buddies helps tremendously when you don't feel like doing it alone. Good luck on your journey--if you need inspiration or encouragement, look no further than this site. :

Cristi, AWESOME job on the 4 miles...Do ya feel it in your legs? I like that pleasant achy feeling myself. You go girl!

Jenifer, WOOOOHOOOO on your 3.6 lb loss! You rock.

OK Ladies, just a few more days til the end of the month, let's get some miles in. Until May, walk on!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #98  

Glad to hear from you Noelle! Sounds like you got your exercise in even if you didn't do your walk. When I tear my house apart and rearrange things I get a workout! Good for you!
Yes Lynne do tell us how you lsot that weight! I plan on losing weight and then my dh and I want to start a family. We have been married for 8 years! It is totally time!
Cristi your kicking my butt! Great job!
I am kind of made at the weather here in Ca. It is sunny and then starts to down pour! I want to go do my walk, but might have to do WATP tape. Who knows!
Talk to you all later!

Just got done with my walk so I did an edit! Whoohoo!
Total Miles Today: 2 (WATP)
Total April Miles: 34.2

Last edited by Justsecretgirl; 04-28-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #99  
One day at a time

Lynne, I feel like I am ready to drop dead! And my feet hurt! I know this won't last much longer. I am trying to make goal and then I can relax. WTG on your 1.5 mile walk today! And yes CONGRATULATION'S on your new baby! I would have to say you are doing wonderful for just having a cesarean 2 months ago. About the goals, mine is something I worked out personally. I don't normally do 3 or 4 miles, it's a killin' me! But now that I know I can do that much I will probably throw in a 3 or 4 mile walk in there every now and then. I will probably stick with a 2 mile a day walk because I also want to ride the bike and do the pilates that I haven't gotten to yet.

Noelle, GLAD to have you back! Well, although you didn't walk you still managed to get a work out. So that's good! And YES, I do feel it in my legs. I have to say the achy pain does feel kind of good, but I am getting a blister on my toe. No pain, no gain!

Good job Jenifer on your 2 miles!

Well, I weighed in today and am down 2 pounds! I am pretty happy about that, considering my goal is a pound a week. I also got my walk in, 3.5 miles and 5 bottles of water drank. And now I am pooped and am going to bed! Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

4/28/03~3.5 miles
Miles 4/03~41
Miles to go~4 (Woohoo, going to make it!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-30-2003 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:03 AM   #100  
so close, yet so far...

I got home from work a little early today and while waiting for my sister to arrive I figured I'd give the elliptical a shot. I turned on my CD player and went for 15 minutes--10 minutes more than I thought I would've lasted . Then the electricity went out and there went the fan (yes, I have the fan blowing on me while I workout ) and the music. So I hopped off the machine. Oh boy my legs felt like rubber! I still planned on going for my walk so I had to really stretch my legs out afterwards. I'm hoping to build up some stamina on that thing since it's definitely working different muscles (thighs especially) which I didn't know I had--or don't feel like when I'm walking.

Cristi good job on the loss!

Jenifer 2 miles walking away those pounds--cool! I tease my hubby that it took him 9 years of trying to get me pregnant (haha)--in actuality we've been married 8 years but we've been together for 14 . Feels like forever some days .

Lynne give that baby a hug from me. I love babies ...can you tell my clocks ticking very loudly?

Anyhow, 2 more days of April left. Let's keep walking!

Miles to go = -12.25 OVERSHOT!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:40 AM   #101  
Beauty is within...

Hi!

Done another 2.6km walk. It's funny, cos I felt like I was walking a bit slower today cos of being so tired after an unsettled baby night last night, but still managed to do it in 25 minutes! You know, when your legs don't quite feel attached, and you're not sure if you're moving much at all?

I really don't know how I managed to lose weight when pregnant. When I had my first, I gained 14 kilos, which is about average. I was really upset when I got pregnant again, because I weighed 111 kilos, and really wanted to knock at least half my excess weight off before being pregnant. However, in the first couple of months I felt quite sick, so wasn't eating as much as normal (which tended to be too much), and then after that, I think a lot was just good eating, provided by a wonderfully supportive husband who loves to cook. I didn't exercise, which was wierd too. But I basically stayed the same weight for almost the whole time, until about the last 2 months. So after having Becky, I found myself LESS than what I was when I started! I really think the main thing was the better eating, and less of it because I couldn't eat too much without feeling sick. Whatever the reason, I LOVED IT! I had some snobby doctor try to look her nose down at me and give me lectures about not gaining too much weight, and how I should look after myself, and Marc and I kept saying we would have loved to gone back to her later on to say "HA! CHECK THAT OUT!!"

Cristi, I see what you mean about your walks, and I'm still very impressed! I think if I make my goal to be at least 2.5km per day, that works out to around 77km for the month of May (about 45 miles). With good eating, I think that will help me get to my goal weight for the end of May. I'm aiming to lose 1 kilo a week, which is 2.2 pounds.

I'm off to bed, catcha later
Old 04-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #102  

You all are doing so great!
Cristi~ 2 pounds is AwEsOmE! Your doing great on your walking! WHoohoo!
Lynne~ When I lose what I can and get prego I hope I don't gain a lot. I have changed my eating very much since in Weight Watchers. I don't just eat anything now I think about it first! Your doing really well on your walking also! Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight! I know with a small one it is hard though.
Noelle~ I am still looking to buy one of those. How are you liking it so far? You really work your butt off with your walking and now a home gym! Whoaa baby your motivated!
I am going to try and get my walk in tonight. I just got off work and want to go relax a bit. Had kind of a stressful day on my hands. Talk to you ladies later!
OK just updated my miles! YA! I feel good! Nighters!
Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 36.5

Last edited by Justsecretgirl; 04-29-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:12 AM   #103  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies and THANKS!!

Sorry for posting so late! I had class tonight and didn't get home till a little after 11, one more class and then finals, yippee. I was so busy today just didn't have time to get on the computer. I did get in a 3.5 mile walk and a 15 minute bike ride. I have been walking so much the last few days I haven't gotten on the bike much. Sorry to make this so short but I am pooped and it is 1 in the morning and I have to be up early. So I will check in tomorrow sometime. Everyone take care.

4/29/03~3.5
Miles 4/03~44.53 (So close!)
Miles to go~.47
Old 04-30-2003, 12:45 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Lynne, Jenifer, Noelle, and Cristi, I am new to 3Fc forum and I've been sneeking peeks at your posts for the past week. I have to comment that you guys just rock. You are so supportive of each other
I took a total down fall from exercising the past 6 mths. (personal issues I wallowed in rather than taking care of myself ) I'm toally psyched by reading all of your personal successes. Thanks for being here and helping me remember it can be done Once again cudos to you all.

Kristi
Old 04-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #105  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Kristi, glad we could be an inspiration. These gals really keep me going too. You're welcome to join our thread, I think we'll be starting a new one tomorrow for the month of May~~right Jenifer? If walking's your thing, come along with us.

Cristi, WOW you're really pushing yourself and that's awesome. You'll get that goal this month, I know you will. It makes it especially great since you'ved been working so hard to achieve it : .

Jenifer, have you asked WW if they have a plan during pregnancy? I think it would be totally doable to stay fit and not gain a crazy amount of weight while pregnant if following WW (this of course coming from me who gained 40 lbs when the OB/GYN told me only 15-20 ) . Right now I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant the first time--and I weigh less than my driver's license (isn't that a hoot?) . Oh yeah, I'm warming up to my elliptical little by little. Don't think it'll surpass the outdoor walks for as far as enjoyment but it does work my thighs a whole lot better. Home gym is still in boxes, waiting for the assembly genie to appear I guess.

Lynne how are you doing today? I remember my son started sleeping through the night at around 3 mos--you're almost there my friend, almost. Extra pats on the back for you for getting out there and walking while sleep deprived.

I got my regular route in yesterday 3.5 miles. Then after dinner I had a little binge session--attack of the cheese stuffed breadsticks and 2 malassadas (portuguese deep fried donuts rolled in sugar) . Back on the wagon for me today. I'll update my final totals for the month tonight. Keep it up girlfriends.

Miles to go = -15.75 OVERSHOT!
Closed Thread