Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Okay I just got back from a quick 1 Mile walk before it started to rain again. Kinda drizzled but I like it. I really want the rain to go away! Guess I can't complain though b/c this should be the last of the rain here in California.
Doing great on my WW points also!

Total Miles Today: 1

Total April Miles: 7
Old 04-13-2003, 09:58 PM   #47  

Okay so I had another great day on WW! Whoohoo! I felt like I was actually eating a lot. After dinner I cleaned the kitchen and then asked my hubby if he wanted to go for a bike ride while it was clear out. We did! YiPpiE! I was so excited so we rode the two mile route that I do when I walk. It was very cold....brrrr! Just wanted to share with you all! Hope you all have a great week!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:19 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to say Hi and check in. I haven't posted the last two days as I haven't done any walking or exercise. Back on track tomorrow.

Jenifer, good for you! I'm glad to hear you are doing good on WW's.

Gonna check a couple of threads and turn in early tonight so I will be bright eyed first thing in the morning.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:35 PM   #49  

Okay Just wanted to check in before I clean the kitchen and get ready for bed. I had a wonderful day OP with WW! I ended up getting my supervisor to go walk with me at lunch. She does weight watchers but hasn't stuck to it lately. I really hope her and I can work together on this. I'd say we walekd a mile.
How is everyone else doing? I need to get my Miles in before it is too late!

Total Miles Today: 3

Total April Miles: 10

Lets stay pumped! Whoohoo!
Old 04-15-2003, 01:17 AM   #50  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Walked 3.5 miles today. Heading on out the door to check on an elliptical trainer that's on sale. I'm excited about that as it'll be something different that I can do instead of walking all the time. My hubby bought a home gym weight trainer setup over the weekend so maybe I can get into that too.

Glad to hear everyone's doing well. Keep walking!

Total Miles Walked since 4/1 = 43
Miles to go = 22
Old 04-15-2003, 11:03 PM   #51  
so close, yet so far...

Quick check in...Only got in 1.75 miles today, had to cut it short since I was short on time. Going out tonight to see a boxing match, my neighbor's featured in the main bout. Go Hawaiian Punch Go!

Miles to go = 20.25
Old 04-15-2003, 11:16 PM   #52  

Hi everyone! Sounds like a fun night Noelle! I like watching stuff like that. I didn't get my walking in the way I wanted to. I ended up going shopping at the mall to find some jeans and work shirts. Did walking while doing that and had luck finding stuff! Thanks goodness! Well I will post tomorrow! Thanks for listening!
Old 04-16-2003, 01:27 AM   #53  
One day at a time

Hi guys, just a quick check in as it is late and I am very sleepy. I did manage to get a 1.34 mile walk in this morning and a 20 minute bike ride.

Noelle did you end up getting the elliptical trainer? I had thought about getting one also, just haven't gotten around to it. Just wanted to see if you had gotten it and tried it out. If you do get one let me know what you think about it. Hope you have/had fun at the boxing match.

Ooooo Jenifer, shopping! I went the other day only it wasn't for me, darn. It was for my hubby's birthday. Well, I think mall walking counts for something so I would say you did get your walk in.

4/15/03~1.34 miles
Total 4/03~15.37
Miles to go~29.63
Old 04-16-2003, 11:20 PM   #54  

Hi! I am feeling good again today! I stayed within my points again! Great job on your walking Cristi. Speaking of birthdays my Bday is on the 22nd! I am going to be 28! Yikes that sounds weird! LOL
I ended up going walking tonight! Dh went with me and it was fun, he goes a lot with me and we enjoy it and talk a lot. Well it still is trying to rain one minute and the next it is nice out. Have a great Thursday!

Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 12
Old 04-16-2003, 11:31 PM   #55  

Noelle~ Did you have fun at the boxing night???
Old 04-17-2003, 01:19 AM   #56  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls. I got my regular route in of 3.5 miles tonight. When I got home the elliptical was set up and ready to go. I could only do 2 minutes before giving up (since I had just gotten back from my walk and was tired ) . I'm burning up the miles this month though. Maybe I need to up my goal next month, or alternate the walking w/the elliptical and/or the weights.

I did have fun(?) at the boxing matches last night. The main event featured Brian Viloria "The Hawaiian Punch" and he won by TKO in the 8th round. We're proud of our homegrown hero. My BIL bought a block of tickets and we had front row ringside seats. The fight is supposed to be televised on ESPN on Friday night. Look for me (I'll be the one wincing during the whole thing )

Miles to go = 16.75

Old 04-17-2003, 01:23 AM   #57  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies!

You are doing great Jenifer! WTG I miss walking with my hubby, he works so much on the days he does happen to be home early enough to walk he is too tired and I don't want to ask him. For a while we were walking almost everyday at the track at the high school.

Well, I managed to get a 2 mile walk in today. I still have a ways to go to make goal by the end of the month. See ya tomorrow!

4/16/03~2 miles
Total for 4/03~17.37
Miles to go~27.63
Old 04-17-2003, 11:38 PM   #58  

Hi Noelle & Cristi! Wow this is a really fun thread to keep us going! You both are doing an awesome job with walking! Oh and also a really awesome job keeping me motivated! Thanks a bunch! What is an elliptical? I am looking for something to buy that I can use at home instead of gettting a gym membership. My birthday is the 22 of this month and Dh wants to know what I want. I was thinking something geared towards helping me tone up. I have thick legs but want to tone them up a bit. I feel like my legs are my best quality. LOL Beside my personality. Hehehee! Oh and that smile I had to buy!!!!!! Well I am a little silly tonight! Talk to you all tomorrow night! I can't wait! TGIF!

Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 14

T
Old 04-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #59  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls. I walked my route of 3.5 miles and may jump on the elliptical after hubby gets off (he's used it more than I have so far). Jenifer, an elliptical trainer is almost like a stair stepper but instead of the up and down motion it has an elliptical motion (like you're running in place without your feet leaving the ground). It's a smooth, non-jarring motion and is easier on your knees.

I have thick calves too (and big thighs, butt, etc. ) but I have noticed the size of them has been greatly reducedwith all the walking. I don't think I'm gonna be doing a whole lot of leg presses with the weight set . I dunno, I would ask for some weights, maybe free weights that you could tone your arms with. The home gyms are getting pretty inexpensive too if you look around. I just hope we utilize it often when it finally gets assembled.

Anyway, gotta scoot for now and grab a shower. Does anyone else have the day off tomorrow?

Miles to go = 13.25
Old 04-18-2003, 09:18 AM   #60  

Wow that elliptical sounds like something I can really enjoy. I tried the whole running thing as you saw at my first post on this thread. it was very hard on my body. I would like to try one of those out. Do they sell them at most Big 5's. sporting good store. or just on line through companies? Let me know PLEASE! Well yes I have to work today on Good Friday, Home Improvement Stores are always open! LOL Have a great friday!
Closed Thread