Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies and welcome Tonya! Wow I did do 1 mile today. I have been feeling extra heavey these past few days. My hubby comes home tomorrow after being gone almost two weeks and what a way to feel (real fat)! I hope I feel better in the morning. I am suppose to pick him up in the afternoon so I am going to leave work early. Guess I am having a bad day b/c I went clothes shopping & everything they sell clings to me and I hate that. I want comfort but cute. Things are made to tight even at the big womens store. Ughhh! Do any of you have that problem? Maybe it is just the style but I like to hide my chubby! LOL

Total Walked Today: 1

Total April Miles: 5

Last edited by Justsecretgirl; 04-08-2003 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:02 AM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Sorry for this short post but I said I would check in tonight, it's just I am very sleepy, I can barely keep my eyes open. I did get in my wlak this evening, 1.21 miles and I will add this in the morning. I just mainly wanted to check in and say Hi to all, and WELCOME Tonya! See you ladies in the morning after a good nights sleep, well okay after 5 hours of sleep. I have to get up early and it's already 1 am. Okay, I am outta here.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:06 AM   #33  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

got in my regular route of 3.5 miles today
Miles to go = 39.5
Old 04-09-2003, 10:45 PM   #34  

Hi ladies I didn't get my walking in today, but I will totally tomorrow. Just picked the hubby up at the airport and now we are setting up the new bedroom furniture! Whoohoo! Finally we got a dresser and bed set. Well I will post tomorrow! have a great night!
Take care!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:12 AM   #35  
so close, yet so far...

Default deja vu

got in my regular route of 3.5 miles today

Just noticed that I was a day ahead of myself yesterday (marked it as the 9th when it was actually the 8th (but I did walk on the 8th, I promise!)
Miles to go = 36
Old 04-10-2003, 11:37 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Red face Hi Ladies!

I thought I better check in since I didn't yesterday. I didn't get in exercise in today, I took the day off considering I was very busy. Of course now I am so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open. I don't know what is up with that because normally I am up till 1 or 2 in the morning. Maybe it's catching up to me, staying up late and getting up early. Anyway, yesterday I did manage to do 1.80 miles. I definitely will do two tomorrow! I'll check back tomorrow ladies. Nighty, night.

4/10/03-0
4/9/03-1.21
4/8/03-1.80
Total for April-10.54

(P.S. I forgot to post the miles walked and rather than edit my other post I thought I would add it all here.)

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-19-2003 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:50 AM   #37  
so close, yet so far...

Usual route done today but in the pouring rain. I walked with 2 of my sisters who bring their dogs and I just bring my umbrella. (Can't shield yourself from the raindrops w/a dog ) . I came home w/4 drowned rats from the looks of things.

Jenifer how's that new bedroom set? I have my eye on a platform bed with some dresser drawers built into the bottom...can't decide if I can fit it into my room or not.

Cristi, a day of rest is needed sometimes and I know how cranky I can be when sleep deprivation adds up. Just keep on keeping on.

Miles to go = 32.50 (woohoo halfway to goal!)
Old 04-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #38  
One day at a time

Talking Hi Ladies!

Just checking in with my daily total. Yippee! I did two miles like I said I would, actually 2.16 miles! I also got all my water drank for the day. I try to go beyond the 4-16.9 oz bottles of water but sometimes I just can't, so I am very happy when I get the four in. I don't think I made a goal for this challenge but I am going to now and post it. My actual goal was to do just a mile a day and if I did more then hooray for me. Because I do other exercise besides walking. So getting in a mile walk a day is good for me. But I will try to do more so on my challenge I will add a few more miles than just the mile a day.

Noelle~that is determination! Walking in the pouring rain, good for you. You are doing so well with your walking, I applaud you! For me trying to get the two miles in is a great achievement, and yet you do 3.5 everyday, that is GREAT! Those poor dogs, I bet they did look like drowned rats!

Yes, Jenifer how are you liking your new bedroom set? I have been wanting new bedroom furniture for a while but there is absolutley nothing wrong with the one we have, darn! I guess I will have to wait a few more years.

You ladies have a great night. See ya tomorrow.

Challenge Goal~45 miles
4/11/2003~2.16
Total Miles 4/03~12.70 (I better get moving!)
Miles to go~32.30

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-12-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:16 AM   #39  

Walked 1 Miles last night and nothing tonight! I am now going to join WW tomorrow morning. I did it last year and I have decided if I go there and do activity I shall lose the weight. I have to weigh in b/c that is more accountable for me. Does that make any sense???
Have to tell you ladies I am enjoying the new bedroom set! LOL We ended up getting a sleigh bed with the matching dresser. Eventually I want to get the tall dresser and the mirror for the dresser I have. Very exciting! The room looks a little small now?
Well I need to get some rest before my long weekend of cleaning and organizing the garage so we can pull my car in the garage and the dh new motor cycle.
Have a wonderful weekend and I will let ya all know how my WI goes at WW! Chow!

Total April Miles: 6
Old 04-12-2003, 01:18 AM   #40  
so close, yet so far...

Checking in w/my mileage of 3.5 mi. (I told you guys I was a creature of habit)

Weather man says more rain is on the way but the sky was clear tonight. I may need new shoes once again (this pair I just bought in January) since I'm starting to get shin splints again. More stretching is in order but I really think the soles of my shoes are wearing down.

Hmmmm, looking forward to the weekend and just kind of not planning anything except for maybe taking my son to a neighborhood easter egg hunt tomorrow. That should be fun for him.

Well, I must be off to grab a shower. Have a great weekend everyone.
Miles to go = 29
Old 04-12-2003, 01:27 AM   #41  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Jenifer, we must've been posting at the same time. Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. Being accountable to someone is a great incentive to stay on track for sure. I know it helped me before (I did Jenny Craig and Nutri-Systems waayyyyyy back when) . Anyway, prior to October 2002, I was seriously thinking about joining WW but I didn't want to pay the $$$ --yes I'm kinda cheap . But I'm just doing it on my own and I've come a whole lot farther than I thought I would, just from using this website. Maybe if I hit a plateau for a while then I'll join a program of some sort or maybe even a gym. I'm supposed to weigh-in tomorrow for Gennel's 4 week challenge on the support thread but I'm most likely showing a maintain--better than a gain right? Good luck tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:56 PM   #42  

Sounds like your doing great Noelle! Well I went to the meeting and I weigh more than I thought I did. Ughhh! So that will make me stick to it more. It is raining real good here today and for the rest of the weekend. Not very much fiun! I'll check in if I decide to go walk when the rain lets up!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:05 PM   #43  
One day at a time

Okay, I didn't have a chance to do Richard Simmons, couldn't find it. my daughter probably has it in her room. After spending too much time trying to find it I gave up on doing either tape, Richard Simmons or Denise Austin. I decided to do a walk and ride my bike. Got in a 1.33 mile walk and a 25 minute bike ride. I also drank my four bottles of water. Working on number five. That's about all I have to report. The rain is supposed to get to us by Monday, ick!

4/12/03~1.33
Total miles 4/03~14.03
Miles to go~30.97
Old 04-12-2003, 11:09 PM   #44  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone, I got my 3.5 miles in today early. A bit cloudy but no rain as of yet. I'm feeling pumped!

Jenifer that's okay about weighing more than you thought, my scale at home is a little lower than my doc's office too. I have to calibrate it by making it stay at 4lbs instead of zero . I have 2 scales though, one dial and a newer digital one. I use my dial scale for the record since it's the one I started with and my hubby uses the digital. I've gotten him to be a daily weigher too . That is not a good obsession.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Miles to go = 25.5
Old 04-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #45  

Great job Cristi and Noelle! It has reained here none stop since yesterday, but it finally stop now so I am heading out for a 2 mile walk before it starts again!
Closed Thread