Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 06:22 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much for the offer. I'd love to join your thread and your challenge. Do you set a goal for the whole group to hit or do you set individul goals? I really want to be accountable to someone other than myself, but I'm totally not ready for a comittment like yours My sister went through cancer treatments this winter and with no husband I was not only her driver, but her support. My church, which I truly rely on, went through some huge changes. Add the winter blahs which tend to set in anyway andI really had the table set for overeating and feeling sorry for myself Until last week I had actuall not exercised for 6 mths. A total gain of 16# later I'm ready to quit feeling sorry for myself and get out there and take care of me instead.
Once again thanks for the offer and the encouragemnt I've received so far

Kristi
Old 04-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #107  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WELCOME Kristi!
And THANKS! Glad we could help inspire you, and glad to have you aboard! Sorry to hear about your sister, ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to her and you.

As far as the goals go we all make our own goals on what we think we can do or want to do. And let me tell ya Noelle is the walker of the group! She has done an excellent job! I have done some 3.5 mile walks the last few days and I want to tell ya I don't know how she does it almost everyday. I applaud her for a job well done!

We all have done a great job as far as that goes. Jenifer has met her goal as have I. I think we all kept each other motivated, I know they definitely kept me motivated because I haven't walked this much in such a long time. So, don't feel like you have to keep up with us. Just figure out what you feel you can do and go for it. We're here for ya!

Lynne, hope you are having a great day, you too Jenifer.

Well, I did get a 2.5 mile walk in today. I just couldn't do any more than that. I also rode the bike for 15 mns. I don't know why but today I have been dragging, all day! I hate that. I so wanted to get another mile in. But that's okay as I did make my goal, actually passed it by 2 miles, WOOHOO! The woohoo is for actually making my goal, not the extra 2 miles. Now that I am getting the exercise down I NEED to start on the eating part. For the most part I have done okay this week.

Okay, tomorrow is a NEW day and a NEW challenge ladies. Are you ready?

A big WOOHOO, WTG, & CONGRAT'S to US, Jenifer, Noelle & Me (Cristi) for making our goals!!

Talk to you ladies later or tomorrow. Take care.

4/30/03~2.5
April Miles Total~47.03
April Challenge~45 miles (over by 2.03)

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-30-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

WoW! Just wanted to say how awesome we did this month! You girls RoCk!!!!! I just got done with my last walk for the month!
Welcome kristi we would love it if you would join us for May Challenge! New faces are always welcomed here!

Together we walked a total of 166 Miles! We're ON FiRe! Ya!

I am very tired tonight so I will post tomorrow! Nighters to you all! Lets get pumped & ready for MaY FloWeRs!
Total Miles Today: 2

Total April Miles: 38.5 Ya!
Last Month Miles (March): 28

I feel so good! YES!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:42 AM   #109  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hooooo yeah, we're blazin!

Hey this may be the last post for this thread as we head into May...I got my regular walking route in today 3.5 more miles! Bring me to my final tally for April of 84.25 miles walked. WOW! I amaze myself, I had no idea I put that much mileage on my feet and sneakers . I wish there was a magic formula that could calculate if you walk "x" amount of miles, you add "y" amount of days or years to your life. Wouldn't that be something? The main thing is today I feel great--not sluggish and fat, but rather healthy and energetic--and that's saying a lot from my REALLY sedentary days prior to October 2002. Woohoo!!!!

Thanks again gals for all your support and motivation. Let's do it again in May!!!!

Miles to go = -19.25 OVERSHOT
Old 05-01-2003, 08:03 AM   #110  
Beauty is within...

You guys are amazing! WELL DONE on such great results for April. I'm looking forward to helping add to the total for the end of May!

So far I've done 2kms, which was a walk to the hairdressers and back. Desperately needed a cut, as I haven't had one since before Christmas.

I have to keep this short, as I'm off to bed, but didn't want to go to bed without saying hello! And hi to Kristi... I've only recently joined this group, and I'm as impressed by the support and motivation as you are. It's been ages since I've been in an exercise group, and have really missed it!

See you tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:49 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Happy May Day All Thank You, thank you, thank you, Iam so committed once again. I even made myself home made whole wheat pasta yesterday Not as tasty as the white of course , but so much healthier and I didn't get hungry until dinner. Awhole added plus

My personal goal for May will be 30 miles. I'd like to lose 8# this month too, but that's an option as long as I hit my miles and know I'm sticking with it

Noelle : You amaze me too How do you find the time ?!?

Jenifer : You better yourself by 10.5 miles Way to go. I hope you're really proud of yourself

Cristi : Thanks for the hugs I needed it

Kristi
Old 05-01-2003, 02:51 PM   #112  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation STOP! New thread ahead...

Hey everyone, Jenifer "justsecretgirl" has started a new Walking Challenge thread called "May Flowers" for the month of May, link to new thread is below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...postid=375628#

Be there or be square (or should I say round )

Don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread to get notifications of new posts. See you all there.
Closed Thread