Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #31  

Thanks Sindaena!.. you said I could do & you were right!!!.. I just came in from my W1D1... to say the least, I'm thrilled!.. when I started my first 1-minute jog, I thought, this is already hard, how am I gonna last 20 minutes?.. but I just kept going & before I knew it, I was finished... I was going back & forth the unpaved road in front of my house, so sometimes I was on sand or on gravel or on caliche & sometimes I was going uphill or downhill... the hills weren't steep, but I could feel the difference... ready to go again for W1D2... I know the C25K program calls for 3 times a week, but has anybody done it more than that?.. I thought I'd see how I feel tomorrow & maybe do it again, except this time drive to a nearby park...

Now for yoga... aaaahhhhhhh...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 01-24-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Aunt Sheshie - Congrats! I felt the same way when I started last week, and I did W1 four times (and one day I did my 20min, went to do some stretching/weights and the came back for another 15 min). Joyfulloser made a good point - we should not work too hard to avoid injury but if you feel good and want to do it more, go ahead!

Now to get off my butt for W2D1

Last edited by fromthebox; 01-24-2011 at 09:51 PM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 246/231/125

Height: 5' 3"

WooHoo!! W1D2 completed! Love this new routine!! I can't wait for Thursday to do it again!! I can't believe how great I felt running this one ... it really does get easier!!
SDV219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #34  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Gratz Aunt Seshie, SDV219, and Fromthebox! It's a great feeling to accomplish more than you thought you could, isn't it?

I did W4D1 Monday and plan to do W4D2 this evening. Week 4 seems like such a big jump, even just to look at. I did slow down even more on the runs, but I made it through and I am sure I can do it again today. One thing that helps me is to eat higher carbs during the day before my runs. I can really feel the difference in energy if I miss my last snack before the run or am too low in carbs for the day. Of course, ymmv as with everything else.
Sindaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 268/259/173

Height: 5'9.5''

Hello, ladies! I'm so excited that everyone is so happy with their workouts! Doesn't it feel great to move your legs, and your body generally, at a faster pace? I'm in Week 3, and I already feel more, well, powerful! That sounds strange, but it feels soooooo great to really, really USE my muscles. I know I will (eventually) be rewarded by being able to see those muscles as more defined under my skin. Great job ladies - let's keep it up!
JessandEmma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 246/231/125

Height: 5' 3"

YAY! I finished week 1!!
It's amazing how much better I felt during the run too! I could tell that I wasn't out of breath as easy, and I could make it through it WITH increasing my pace!! I'm on the treadmill b/c we've been getting hit with snow pretty bad this week, but I can't wait to get out there and run!! I'm a little nervous about W2D1, but I will slow it down if I have to! I started W1D1 and ran a little over a mile to ending W1 with 1.5 miles!! So that's an improvement in just 3 short days!! I can't wait to see what I can accomplish in the next few weeks!!

Keep up the great work!!
SDV219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 AM   #37  

Oof, anyone else have trouble taking it from Week 2 to Week 3? I just could NOT do the second 3min run, I finished out on 90s run 2min walk today. I am starting to wonder if this is because I am doing this after 10 min on the stairmaster as I like ending my workout with the run. Anyone else have experience with this being difficult while doing a longer total workout? I am still worried that when I go in on Wednesday I won't be able to do the three minutes again. I know they say its OK to take it easy, but I have been exercising regularly for a long time, why is this so hard? I would feel a bit like I failed if I couldn't move on.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

I did day 1 of week 3 to yesterday and it was challenging. I was able to complete it, but I am not sure I would have been able to if I had just spent 10 min on the stairmaster. I am worried about next week though when I am supposed to jog for FIVE minutes, yikes!
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I just did (tried to do) wk3d1 and like fromthebox was unable to finish the last run. I made it to 1:30 and was dying. I did do an extra 1:30 after 2 minutes of walking. I notice you posted a couple weeks ago and was wondering if you eventually succeeded, I'm worried this will be my stopping point. Strangely I thought I was doing so well the last 2 runs of wk 2. Oh well.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #40  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have a question about this: I am already a beginning runner (as of last week, can do 5min of jogging...yay!). Can I download this app and just start on whatever week I feel I feel is up to my level?
uncontentgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

wow, 5 minutes of jogging, good job uncontentgirl! I can't wait to get there. I know alot of people use this as a template and tweek it to fit their needs. At your level I'd start off at week 4 of even week 5 and go from there. I really like this program because I know I'm working towards something and I can go at my own pace.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #42  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

I capped out halfway through week 6 (last week). But, part of my problem is that I run on a treadmill and get bored during long runs. So I have kinda hopped ships to my own program for the time being - 1 12 minute run (1 mile for me; I run @ 5mph) then 5 minute walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk, 3 minute run all surrounded by a warm up and cool down of course. Being able to run a streaight mile is important to me. When I started seven weeks ago, I struggled through all the 1 minute run reps, so c25k definitely worked for me. It was just that from the last day of week 6 through the end it's all long runs with no intervals and I dreaded it. I made it through the 20 minutes of w5d3 just barely, so I might be able to do it, but it's hard to make yourself do something you dread. Soo... I'll get to that goal more slowly than c25k progresses past mid week 6 and focus on distance instead. I don't really want to run even slower to make the c25k times and find it just makes my calves tight and sore to do so anyway. My total interval run design is 1.5 miles running @ my pace. I will add three minute intervals on to 2 miles as it starts to feel easier and then combine the first two...

Anyway, that was my experience with the later weeks. I'm a c25k dropout but not a running drop out.
Sindaena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #43  

Changergirl I did make it there eventually. It really killed my mood to not make it thru that one. I'm back at it, took two weeks for W3, and did W4D1 on Sunday. Going to try D2 tomorrow when I wake up. What I learned is that you have to make this the priority of your workout schedule and that for me at least, past W3 I am unable to do it on consecutive days without taking too much out of myself. I am not taking full rest days in between, but I am trying to keep it to walking or other light cardio followed by weights. If you thought the 3min jog was bad, wait 'til the 5min in week 4. It got easier to make it to that point, but the last 5 I had to leave it all on the treadmill, no reserve.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #44  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I REALLY want to do this eventually. I hate running but I want to be able to do it. It's been literally years though since I've run, and until a few weeks ago I did no regular exercise. I'm going to get more comfortable with my walking on the treadmill over the next few weeks, and then give this a try. I'll be terrified to have other people see me (try to) run!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 168/139/130

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing this.. have the scary week 5 day 3 run tomorrow- the first non-interval 20 minute run! Have been dreading it, but managed to extend the second 8 minute run on day 2 to 12 minutes, so now I know I CAN run 20 minutes, just need to leave the safety blanket of the walking interval in the middle behind!

I absolutely love C25k- it makes me really excited for my jogs every week and I've got several 5k's entered for the summer! I'm already considering what I want to do after the program, looking to building up to one hour running? Or 10k?

For anyone thinking about doing the c25k.. do it! It's amazing!
mydearthing is offline   Reply With Quote