Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

Default Running in October

In terms of music, I love: Time to Pretend by MGMT, Fire Burning by Sean Kingston, Breaking the Habit by Linkin Part, Move by CSS, What Are you Waiting for by Gwen Stefani, Baba O'Riley, Blue Orchid by the White Stripes, Whatever You Like by TI, I Know You Want Me by Pitbull, 10 Dollar - MIA, This River is Wild - The Killers, For Reasons Unknown - The Killers, Date With The Night - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dangerous - Ying Yang Twins, Pledge of Allegiance - Louis XIV, Waking Up in Vegas - Katy Perry, Lying from You - Linkin Park, Electric Feel - MGMT.

That's my hardcore running playlist. All amazing songs to run to that will keep you pumped! I used this playlist for my recent 5K and it definitely got me through the end...

I'm happy October is here. I got 10lbs to lose!

Last edited by loquaciousjogger; 10-02-2009 at 12:03 AM.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning girls! Thanks for all the great music suggestions! I'm suddenly feeling very old and out of the loop though because I haven't heard of half the bands you ladies mentioned!

Thanks also for the congrats!

TakingCharge~ sorry to hear about your shins! Do take care of them!! Thanks for the heads up--I heard that they recalled the swabs a few months ago because some people were reporting loss of smell, but the tablets (last I heard) were still okay. I never used the swabs anyway and my sniffer is working just fine. I will, however, check into it just to be on the safe side.

Got my 3 miles in today in 30:59. I'm noticing that there's a pattern, a slower run on Tuesday, a slightly quicker run on Thursday and then a slower run on Saturday...hmm...oh well, I'm just glad I'm running the whole 3 miles!

Okay, gotta go--need to do some shopping! Hope everyone has a great day!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #3  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

iDream - recently I've been into a lot of awesome 80's stuff while I run...I love it because there's a good beat, but a much slower one than most contemporary pop. Plus, it makes me feel like I'm in a dramatic montage from a movie! Lots of Blondie, Heart, Pat Benatar - LOL! The last iTunes binge I went on, I picked out lots of topical stuff like:

Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Take A Chance On Me - ABBA
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
Rock You Like A Hurricane - The Scorpions
Right Now - Van Halen
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Don't Look Back - Boston

PS Uh-oh! Just looked at the Calendar - We need a new thread!
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

iDream - huge giant congrats! That's so exciting!! You must be feeling on top of the world! As far as music, I listen to lots of Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Pink, Black-eyed Peas - see if any of those appeal to you. Oh - and I love the song Mercy.

TC - bummer about your shins! When I used to go to PT for shinsplint issues eons ago, they had me sort of massaging the bruised feeling areas along the shinbones to speed up the healing. Not sure if it really works but it seemed to help me at the time.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Default Running in October

first one to start the October thread

In October, now that the cooler weather is here, I want to increase my pace... looking over my calendar my pace is 12:35 gawd, slow or what!! Today I may do some hills to help that out...

What are your October plans?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

I started c25k! Actually, I've only done w1d1 but it was great. I also went to a gym for the first time ever and loved it. I'm excited to put all of this into my routine.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

oh.....I am horribly slow too! I want to gain speed. I am adding more weight/strength training and redoing c25k....trying to speed up in the run section and adding hills once a week....what do you think?
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #8  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I cant seem to get my pace up no matter what. I saw my shadow of me running and it looked like Im just walking swiftly. I tried upping my speed but I dont think my body is ready for it. I guess it will come with time for me. But I am LOVING, loving, loving this cooler weather and it has rejuvinated my "want" to go outside and walking. BUt............with the days getting shorter, its hard to find time cause it gets dark so soon....ugh!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #9  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I just want to keep doing it and gradually increase my distance/ time actually running. I'm not worried about speed right now. I have to have an operation on my foot in November so I just want to run as much as possible this month, in the hopes that I won't have to start over too much once I'm healed.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #10  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

Yay fall! I absolutely love this weather, and will have to make sure I get in some weekend afternoon runs when the sun is up!

My pace is super slow, too. Once I conquer Operation 10K by 10-10, I think I will focus on improving speed.
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I started running in June (or maybe July, I honestly don't remember at this point), and am up to running 3 miles a day. I followed the September running post almost daily, but since I check it a lot at work and can respond or post, never joined in. Since it's a new month, and I am finally running my full 3 miles, I thought I would jump in and introduce myself.

I am loving the cooler weather. Not that I mind sweating, but at least now I can keep up with wiping the sweat off my face before it runs into my eyes.

I have one main goal for October...increase my distance. I would also like to try a race sometime during the month, but that will probably depend on time and money. My plan when I started running was to be able to run a full 5K before Thanksgiving because my sisters and I do a fun 5K run/walk Thanksgiving morning every year and every year I say that I am going to run it the follow year and never have. Well, I made my goal two months early, so I need something new to focus on.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Wild Thing to running

Mug -- your comment "I saw my shadow of me running and it looked like Im just walking swiftly" cracked me up because I felt exactly the same when I saw myself in a store window ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Ack, October already!!

Today the group I run with switched up our intervals. We've been doing walk 2 minutes, run 1 or 1:10 or 1:15.... today we went with walk 1 minute, run 2. We did 3.5 miles and the first 3 were actually not bad. The last half was pretty miserable. I'm thinking this may be partly due to the fact that I forgot my water bottle and I'm allergic to something in the air, but those things may just be excuses!

My October goal is to increase the time/distance that I'm running without walk breaks (even if I'm still slow!).
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

Iris, I got the same goals: increasing both time/distance. It's tough...since I started doing brisk walking (5mph) and I kind of like it...though it's just as sweat-inducing as a full sprint for some reason.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

I'm just starting week 4 of the c25k. So far I'm managing to finish the run but I am NOT fast at all. The other day I got passed by a power walker!!! That's OK though. I still have a lot of weight to lose.
alwe74 is offline   Reply With Quote