Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #16  

I went to Kmart and bought Therashoes. They are 34.99. I think the address is http://www.therashoes.com I bought them last week and wore them for my 7 mile walk and o my were my legs SORE the next day. Right now they are buy one get one half off. They are VERY comfortable the most comfortable shoe I have EVER worn BUT you WILL have muscle soreness if you don't allow yourself time to adjust. Therashoes also have a knockoff of the Fitflops at the Big K and they are currently 9.99 and they are also buy one get one half off. Make sure you try them on as they the sneakers tend to run small.

Corrected link http://www.therashoe.com

Last edited by lynna; 08-14-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: corrected link
lynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I shoulda known there'd be knockoffs!

BTW, the link is actually therashoe.com
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #18  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

this sorta reminds me of the slim slippers thing, lol. i think its based on the fact that walking on your toes strengthens legs over a long period. my son had surgery last year for heel cord problems. while walking almost completely on his toes for 5 straight years did indeed make his legs SOLID muscle, i doubt wearing these shoes for a few hours a day would do much.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellie105 View Post
Im telling you- this is going to make it onto a VH1 show one day - " I love the 00'S"
....along with the snuggie blanket!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #20  

My daughter is also a toe walker. Has very strong legs toned like a dancers and just turned 11 yesterday. I am very concerned as my sister in law has a friend that's child also had to have surgery because of this. I wonder if this type of shoe would prevent this problem as it has a rocker sole.
BTW,I got Fitflops last summer and wore them all the time. My legs went from 27 inches 24 just during the summer I wore them. Note that I walk ALOT and at a fast pace. I was suprised at the extreme soreness in my legs and stomach after wearing the Therashoes as I am used to walking alot. My upper legs now measure 22 inches but I feel that is due to all the racewalking I do. I do feel that the shoes give me an extra kick as do another shoe I wear sometimes called Metatreks.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #21  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynna View Post
My daughter is also a toe walker. Has very strong legs toned like a dancers and just turned 11 yesterday. I am very concerned as my sister in law has a friend that's child also had to have surgery because of this. I wonder if this type of shoe would prevent this problem as it has a rocker sole.
BTW,I got Fitflops last summer and wore them all the time. My legs went from 27 inches 24 just during the summer I wore them. Note that I walk ALOT and at a fast pace. I was suprised at the extreme soreness in my legs and stomach after wearing the Therashoes as I am used to walking alot. My upper legs now measure 22 inches but I feel that is due to all the racewalking I do. I do feel that the shoes give me an extra kick as do another shoe I wear sometimes called Metatreks.
maybe in mild cases something like this could help, but with my son it was quite pronounced. we tried physical therapy and also having him walk in braces, his heel cords were simply too tight! he eventually had the surgery to correct the problem and ever since then he's off his toes. your friends child should be just fine, mine doesnt even have a scar.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

I have a pair of the Fit Flops and I really like the way they make my legs feel. I just hate the way the "thong" part rubs my toes. That is a main reason I don't like flipflops.

I might have to check on those shoes from Kmart. Those remind me of the ones from Curves that are sold from Avon.

I really hate buying shoes that hurt my feet. Maybe this well be the ticket for me.

mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #23  

Did your child's doctor explain why children toe walk? Is it simply a bad habit they fall into?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #24  

Mygirlfriday,
They are alot like the Avon curve,and MBT shoes. Everyone has been telling me how much they like my new shoes. BTW,I bought a size 7 men which would mean they would be a 9 women's there is no way I wear a 9 womens. Try them on in the store and walk around in them. That is what I did. I liked them so much I wore them to the register they were THAT comfortable. I did not want to take them off. If you click on the link you can see the ones I bought. I got the suede ones. They look really sharp. I then went back and bought the navy blue striped shoe. These are leather shoes and nicely made I might add and way less then the cost of other shoes that are similar. If you walk as much as I do it might be worth it to snatch up to pair while they are on sale buy one get one half off. My sneaks last a long time because I always alternate pairs.BTW,you can also get these at Sears.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks for the info Lynna!! I might hold off until they have the BOGO sale! Pick up a couple of pair.

mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

Smile

I have had my Sketchers for about a month. Don't know if they actuaaly do anything but I love them and think they look cool. but I am 51 ,so what do I know about cool?
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #27  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynna View Post
Did your child's doctor explain why children toe walk? Is it simply a bad habit they fall into?

with him it was actually that the heel cord (which runs from the bottom of your foot all the way up the back of your leg) was simply too tight. it pulled, so he would go up on his toes to compensate. the surgery they do for that is to go in and cut a notch out to give it a little more elasticity. it was an outpatient procedure and then he wore casts for 6 weeks. for us, it was the last solution and it worked WONDERFULLY!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #28  
kristin

S/C/G: 215/160/145

Height: 5'11"

I've heard of these, I never wear tennis shoes so I wouldn't buy them but I do own a similar product, Fit Flops sandals, that I LOVE. I originally bought them because they are crazy comfy, but the claims of cellulite reduction and more toned legs was actually true! I wear them almost all the time (unless I'm going somewhere formal) and within 2 weeks, I actually did see a reduction in cellulite on the back of my legs. Of course, I exercise and eat right also (these are not magic weight loss shoes!) but I didn't change anything else in my program at the time I started wearing these, so I can only assume that it's the shoes that made the difference.
kristintcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I've had my TheraShoes for almost a week & I loooove them
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #30  

What color therashoe did you buy? Are you exercising in them?I just went and bought black.