Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

i just bought the danskins ones...they were 25 in the store, cheaper online..but i heard these type of shoes run small...and they do..so i am glad i didn't order online...i have short wide feet..i think my feet would be a 6 if they weren't so wide, i usually get 9.5 i had to get these in 11!!!but they seemed kinda more narrow than some of my other shoes. im hoping they will do a little toning along the way, i mean i don't expect miracles but over time would be nice if they helped me lose an inch and two...and even though they are ugly they are still new shoes...which i love shoes.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 212/216/160

Height: 5

I bought the Sketcher sandals, they are so very comfortable, so soft and cushiony. I didn't notice any difference in the way I walk or such, to me they act just like the wooden Dr. Scholls exercise sandal. I did notice that when I do an excessive amount of walking - 1 or more hours, my calves and bottom feel the "burn"! JcPenney carries them and they offer all sorts of coupons that take off an extra off their sale prices, too.
lisarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #153  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

I have been thinking about buying them....

But I just saw a commerical on Nickelodeon for them- in a girl version. As in.. for 12 year olds... they are all glittery and cutesy. That kinda turned me off. Because I immediately thought about my daughter in the future wanting these shoes so she can tone her legs and butt. (she's 4 presently) And I;m a little put off that Sketchers is marketing these to pre-teens. hmmmm,.

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 186/172/158

Height: 5'6"

I bought these shoes a year ago. Good/bad- they are very cushy and good for my feet, but after several months (too late to get my money back) one of the heels has deteriorated and gone kinda of flat. It squeaks when I walk. I still use them because they cost so much, but am very disappointed that they didn't remain as they should have. Bottom line....won't buy them again.
HoustonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Default Don't waste your money

IMHO...they are awful.. (this was my experience from last year)

I had them for a month and can I tell you I had such a pain in my back from walking with them (I have never experience back pain before) I know that the reason was the shoes. I agree with what people are saying that they are very comfortable, but I am positive that was the reason for my back pain. Kohls took them back no questions asked. It was nearly two months before I got around to taking them back too.

Haven't had a problem with my back since I stopped wearing them.
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #156  
Brooklyn Princess

S/C/G: 246/242/127

Height: 5'4

I just ordered a pair off the site and will be getting them soon. I'm excited. I walk to work and I work on my feet all day and I'm used to wearing flats which is absolute murder on my back, calves and feet in general. No support!! I don't learn my lesson but I'm not a sneaker wearer and flats are cute. As soon as I get them and test them out over the weekend, which is when I'm working non stop, I'll let you all know how they are!

P.S. I blame Kim Kardashian for my splurge. But hey, can't hurt to try it.
Tinasan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 300/287/135

Height: 5'5"

Around here they sell a shoe like this at Walmart for like, $20, and my coworkers say that they can really feel them working their leg muscles.
Kaylasoarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #158  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I wear the generic brand from Payless of the Shape ups and I LOVE THEM! I have gone through two pairs! They do really help, I have lost 2 inches off my calves and after a long day at work or walking around I can really feel it in my buns!

Best of all I can work a 12 hour shift on my feet and never feel any pain what so ever. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. I have heard they help burn up to 30% more calories. I don't know if this is true or not, but they do work.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #159  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I have tried sketchers for about a month. My feet started hurting just to walk on them. I quit wearing the sketchers and my feet quit hurting.

I love New Balance.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #160  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs/GW 125lbs CW164(9/9)

Height: 5'5"

i was rather interested in these shoes too, Im on my feet all day, so thought they might be helpful, but we don't have a lot of $$ to spare. So I kept my eye out at a local discount store, and a few months ago, there they were. I was able to get the actual Sketcher Shape ups for less then 30.00 brand new. Ross. So if you have a Ross near you, it might be worth it to keep an eye out there. I purchased some for my husband too, and he likes them also. They're a bit clunky for me, but Im also used to being barefoot or socks most of the time so that may just be me.
Anyhow, I like them. I would not have paid full retail price for them, but for under 30.00 for a good pair of shoes, that I can do.
anyhow, just my 2cnts
tiffela74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #161  

Height: 165 cm (5'5'')

I don't know if this is relavent but I actually work in a shoe store that sells these shoes and in my experience:

-No one with any problems with joints (hips, knee, ankle etc) should wear them. They can cause problems with stability and hence make you fall.

-They take a decent amount of time to get the feel for.

-they generally are only for walking

-they are very soft. which I think is where most of the appeal is.

-the advantages in toning that you get from the shoe would be equivalent to a 15 minute workout doing something along the line of pilates, focusing on the legs and core muscles.

Ultimately I would say that if you are only buying these shoes as a means to toning your body, I would advise investing in a cheap home work out DVD or putting the money towards a gym membership. If you are only looking for a comfortable, lazy, everyday shoe then go for it. Why do I say this? because most of the claims that they make about improving fitness can be achieved simply by walking for 30mins a day anyway.

Hope that helps and I'm not repeating anyone else
Alwaysbeenbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

After seeing how silly the sketchers looked when my mom bought them I passed on buying them. Then I came across the Reebok Easy Tones and they look like a real running shoe. I needed black shoes for work so I bought a pair. I only paid $70 for the Reebok on sale. After wearing them for a month and a half I decided to measure my thighs just for kicks...well they do work. I lost 2 inches off of each thigh. I do wear them everyday for walking and for work. They take some getting used to and my legs were sore the first few days. But for me they work!

Last edited by BrettnLaurynsmommi; 09-24-2011 at 08:21 AM.
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #163  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

No legitimate scientific evidence for Sketchers' claims:
http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsu...s-class-action

One incident of serious injury resulting from long-term use:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Consu...ry?id=12927314
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Im not sure where everyone lives but here in Windsor Ontario canada i have seen them for as cheap as $30 and as high as $100 depends where you shop tho... look around and ask around ive seen them at giant tiger different brand but exact same shoe for $35 ive seen them in the mall on sale at payless for like $45.

and from what ive heard from other people who have them they work great give you a good burn when your walking and tone your legs and calfs even ur butt some say. i would buy some but im on a budget right now with my son and being a single mom so im hoping i can get some for christmas actually. if they help at all isnt it worth the try?
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #165  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

For all who have said they really work I am wondering if it really is the shoes or just from the walking. I was tempted to get some but passed when I saw a few ladies at the mall walking with them on and thought how silly they look. Anyway, I don't have any and I feel the same results from just walking so that is what I am wondering, is it really the shoes or just the walking?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote