Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #271  
Trouble

S/C/G: 245/245/175

Height: 66.6

I am actually in the process of trying to return my DVD's, I tried it for 2 weeks with no results. I was hopeful too. I have severe asthma and the medications that I sometimes have to take make me gain weight. Of course when I'm on them I'm having asthma problems (it's exercise induced) and can't work out so I end up gaining more weight. I'm too self conscious to go to a gym (and too poor to wast the money on a membership when I never know if I'll physically be able to work out). I had really hoped this would be something that would jump start the weight loss...I gained around 60lbs over the past two years and can't seem to get healthy enough to do any real sort of work out. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions?

Trouble321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #272  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Trouble, have you tried walking? It is one of the best exercises available. You don't have to walk far, just start, a little every day or every other day will help.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #273  

For those of you who want to try this form of exercise but can't afford it or can't get it for whatever reason, there are plenty of isometric exercises on the web for free. I do isometric exercises every other day. The important thing you want to remember is breathe deeply when performing these types of exercises.
aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #274  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Aquafina, What website do recommend? I love shapely secrets but urrrgh I 'm bored with it....
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #275  

Hi hmtklein,

Try this website:

w3DOTsport-fitness-advisor.com/isometric-exercises.html

Scroll all the way down until you see the heading, "Example of Upper & Lower Body Isometric Exercises."

These are the exercises I do:
- Isometric shoulder raises
- Isometric squats
- Isometric calf raises
- Isometric hip extensions
- Isometric hip abductions

I skip the isometric push ups and the isometric leg extensions only because they are too awkward for me.

I actually do a standing up isometric push up on a wall. I follow the same instructions for the push up on the webpage.

Don't forget to breathe deeply. I breathe in 3 slow inhales/exhales per set. I've actually timed my breaths, and one set (3 inhales/exhales) is actually a little more than 10 seconds.

When I first started doing the isometric squats, my heart would beat quickly, and I could only perform 2 squats. I'm up to 3 squats. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but they are difficult.

I have another set of exercises that I also do but I'm unable to find the webpage. I actually cut/paste the exercises and 'saved as' to a word document. I can e-mail them to you if you want. It's more about deep belly breathing but the website included exercises which I also incorporate into my routine. Let me know if you want me to e-mail them to you.

Last edited by aquafina; 06-10-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #276  

I couldn't post the link per se, but you understand that w3 is www and insert a . for DOT.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #277  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

FYI, please do not post email addresses here. Feel free to PM if you need to share an email address.

Also, you can google "isometric exercises" to see other options available.

Last edited by nelie; 06-11-2008 at 02:07 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #278  
Hear the Wolves Howling

S/C/G: 346/190

Height: 5'10"

Question You can now buy it at Walmart...

I have read several scam sites where they say that if you buy this on their website or phone, that they make you buy some vitamins even if you tell them no and keep charging your cc with it. You can search the infomercialscams website if you are worried about purchasing it by phone/web.

I do know that you can save on shipping and handling if you buy it at your local Walmart. This is where I got mine. It came with everything but her new pills. Normally, The As Seen on TV Isle is near the cash registers at the front of the store. At mine it's Isle 13, which is right near the cigarette isle.

I bought it awhile back, but I haven't had a chance to use it just yet since it disappeared when I was packing some things several months ago. However, I did plug in the general welcome DVD tonight and just doing a few of the exercise demonstrations my stomach muscles are definitely being felt. Problem is, I don't know if I can hold in my stomach for 30 seconds 4 times to do some of the stomach exercises. I have a lot of weight to loose and just doing it a couple of times in the welcome video made my stomach quiver for several minutes afterwards. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Wolfskies
wolfskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #279  

ok i just bought this and after what i have been reading on other sites, im really glad i had to close my paypal account which i used my paypal mastercard on this order. be very careful ordering this. it looks like they try to bill your card nonstop for vitamins and dont like to give refunds.

i have read some good on the excersizes, 7 mins is really worth trying, but i have arthritis and sciaticca in my back and im pain alot so i hope this is going to be ok.

now i took one of the vitamins they sent and holy cow did i have energy. im wondering if you can find something like this locally.
nykkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #280  

Smile

I too was intrigued by the infomercial. Fortunately I found your forum posts. Being a Research Bunny, I Googled isometrics and discovered a fantastic article, on Sparkpeople.com "Isometrics Build Strength Anytime, Anywhere". The article links to video demonstrations and printed instructions. Just click on a picture in the article, then 'Browse All Exercises'. Categories include Stretching, Core, Upper Body and Lower Body exercises.

Eliminate shipment nightmares and upsells others reported. Good Luck, Enjoy!
Research Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 225/203/150

Height: 5'6

I decided to take the plunge and I ordered this from Amazon. I really hope that it works
sunshine269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 304/294/145

I am on day 2 of Shapely Secrets and I am definitely feeling my muscles working. I put 100% into them and I think that is making a difference. However, I want faster results... so I am doing Body Flex too. I was going to take today off (which would mean I wouldnt be done excercising if I know myself) but, I know it works. A few years ago I did just the Body Flex and I lost 14 inches in the first couple of weeks. However, this time Im measuring everything... neck, bust, one arm at a time, one leg and one calf at a time. I really want to see how it is working...

Well, good luck to me and I hope that others will do it with me. I will post again in a few days to tell you my first weeks results
Lorrie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #283  
Pricess of pooch

S/C/G: 164/147/120

Height: 5'2

Default yes, it works...so far

[QUOTE=sportmom;1531583]The FTC actually shut Greer Childs and her organization down a few years ago for her original product. You can probably google it to find it, but I was just reading it. She is back with this latest product, after cleaning up her claims and her marketing messages to be less untruthful. According to the FTC, while you could find people who did ok on the program, there were many more people who did no changes at all. I think their issue was that she said with no sweat, no dietary changes, etc, that you could lose all this weight, which we know, just ain't gonna work for the majority of people.

Link to FTC Verdict:

I'm not really a proponent of the fitness infomercial. I think that they take advantage of people. However, I have to give Greer Childers her due. First of all, the FTC verdict above did not shut down body flex. What happened is that people who wanted their money back, could not get it. The FTC verdict made the company send out a letter telling people who purchased body flex and weren't satisfied could get their money back.

To answer your question, diametic excercise is not a new concept. Yoga and pilates actually use these principles. Basically, it's using simplistic movements and "squeezing" as hard as you can to create resistence. Because you are supposed to do it as hard as you can, you get stronger every day, so the threshold moves and that is how you build lean muscle. Anyone who has done yoga knows that even though the positions get easier to do, if done correctly, they are very effective. I have been doing this program(including her diet program) for about 1 week and have lost 4lbs and 2 inches off my waist. However, I bought the whole shebang on amazon. And if you want the program, I suggest not buying it directly from the site as they put you on a subscription to diet pills as well...and I have heard that it also takes weeks to arrive. I definately also suggest using the advanced workout which is also 7 minutes but more targeted. The people who complain may have not been satisfied by the workout by itself. The one thing I can say in this defense is that the other secrets include volumetric eating(a diet based on high fiber(fruits, veggies, whole grains) and protien(eggs, fish, meat), hydration,

and light activity(fidgeting, walking a little bit). Even if your working out for an hour a day, you won't lose much weight. The reason for this is: muscle does burn 120 cals per day/per ounce. But your body will force you to eat more to compensate
scintillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #284  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Does anyone else notice there is a plethora of newbies posting on this thread about the great success they have experienced using this?

I am not saying they ALL are suspicous but come on already.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #285  
Pricess of pooch

S/C/G: 164/147/120

Height: 5'2

Smile

I am actually not a newbie to this site. I've been following it for years. I've said it a million times, Never buy this product from the seller.
scintillaa is offline   Reply With Quote