Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #211  
What happened?!? *lol*

S/C/G: 205/205/130

Height: 5'3

Hmmm... am new to this website... got here by way of Greer Childer's infomercial for Shapely Secrets... I was reading the threads on this particular forum and as I clicked to go to the next page, most of the pages have disappeared!

It went from about 16 pages, I think, to 6 pages... wow...
Merciah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 AM   #212  

i just purchased ss and i hope that it works
bizymomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #213  

I saw that original tape, and thought it was incredibly silly. I'm kinda embarassed to say that I bought it. I WAS going to return it, but my family thought it was so funny, I decided to keep it as a "funny." I apologize if this is offensive. My guess is that she encouraged folks to eat a little less and do a little isometric-type type work in the video. It's gimmicky. Losing weight can be hard work, so folks can get crazed. Reducing portion size, getting in some more exercise (even if it is just a little more) and doing this consistently is what I feel certain does the trick. It might take a little time...but doing it and doing it for the long term is what counts. It's not always easy to have patience and that is what folks like Greer count on. IMHO, she doesn't seem to offer a very workable solution. There are so many good programs on this site to review. Also, you can post under excersize threads, mention your needs and get input from folks on what works and doesn't work.

Last edited by Fun Size; 01-02-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Fun Size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 189/189/160

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I completely fell off the wagon over the holidays. I didn't see fabulous results from SS, but I did feel like I was toning up.

Here's an embarrassing thing--I think I hurt my left elbow/tricep doing the tricep exercise! It's still bothering me. ugh.

Amanda
pamperedcheflady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #215  

I just started SS this week but am confident I will have good results.
I heard about this from a friend. She does not need to lose weight
but was wanting to try it anyway to see if it helps tone. She's done
it a few times a week for about 6 weeks. She didn't really think much
about it until she went to her hair stylist last week. Her stylist started
freaking out, asking what she's been doing because her shoulders and
back were really toned, showing her muscles. She showed me her
biceps and the change was unbelievable. She said she's really psyched
about staying with it now......and I'm psyched to get on board as well.
Again, I just started this week but I'm looking forward to my 2-week
measurements.

I can see why this works. While doing this my muscales kind of feel like
they do when I've done several reps of weight lifting. The difference is,
with this you're doing each one (and holding it) for 25 seconds. In weight
lifting it's up and down with more resting. There are 4 bicep exercies, 4
tricep exercises, 4 lower body exercises (all 25 seconds each) and a 50
second face exercise.

I'm pretty excited about this!
txaggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 64kg/64kg/56kg

Height: 5'2"

Hi txaggie91, I am really interested to see how you go with this. I am looking at buying it myself when my pay goes through on the 20th!!! Can you keep posting your results as you do your measurements. It will help me either get really motivated or put me off buying it. Thanks and good luck and stay excited!!
glenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #217  

I haven't tried Shapely Secrets yet, but I will be ordering it. I've tried her other products and I liked them. I can not at this time do much when it comes to exercise, I have knee problems as well as back issues, so anything that will help me get into shape is well worth the try. This sounds good for people who are in the same shape as I am or who just want to get it done.
tjlosing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #218  
juicy and full of fiber!

I ordered SS about a year ago on a whim. I felt like an idiot after watching the DVD. I don't know what I expected the exercise routine to be, but it wasn't that! LOL After reading this thread, I think I'll dust off the DVD and try again. As someone else said, what the heck...it's only 7 minutes!
apples78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #219  
sandy

S/C/G: 207/197/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm with you apples78. I got it this summer and read thru the booklet and watched the dvd. I thought there was NO way this was going to help me lose weight, so back in the box it went. After reading 15 pages of testimonials, I have to go dig around the basement for that box. It may be worth it's weight in gold if it works. Thanks everyone for sharing your results. I hope to be one of you soon.
Sandy
skm0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'8

Lightbulb Gosh!!!

I saw the commercial 2 nights ago and decided to order the SS. I hope it works so I can finally trim down... I never expected to gain so much weight during my pre-pregnancy and pregnancy.. My pre-pregnancy was due to that damn Depo Shot and of course the pregnancy was added a good 50 pounds to my 160 frame... so I hoping this works....
amoracash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 229/184/140

Height: 5ft 3 ins.

Good luck to everyone just starting out. I honestly think it works. I have lost weight and inches since starting SS and adopted better eating habits.
tryin2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #222  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
LoveGodlovepeople, Yes, the book explains very well how it can work for just about anybody. I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease with other complications, and doing this has always made me feel better. You used to be able to get bodyflex on HSN really cheap because they were coming out with Shapely Secrets but I haven't checked there lately. That would be a DVD or VHS that you would get from HSN (home shopping network) and it is very easy to follow.

I am so very happy you posted that you have sacriodosis.. My husband also has sarciodosis and is very tired all the time. Many times when he is working out, he will spit out blood afterward, so I think he needs something a bit less intense... Has working out with your disease always been an issue for you.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #223  

I don't check this thread often enought....sorry. I have had sarcoidosis for 30 yr. but ignored it for 25. Now I'm on predinsone for life. My breathing bothered me in the first 5 yr. but the problem now is high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. Really exericise has never bothered me much but my DH says I'm not very active. Mostly doctors determine how you are doing by chest xray, blood tests, and breathing tests.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I don't check this thread often enought....sorry. I have had sarcoidosis for 30 yr. but ignored it for 25. Now I'm on predinsone for life. My breathing bothered me in the first 5 yr. but the problem now is high blood calcium which ruins the kidneys. Really exericise has never bothered me much but my DH says I'm not very active. Mostly doctors determine how you are doing by chest xray, blood tests, and breathing tests.
Thanks for responding... for my husband he just found out about 3 years ago.. He had knew for sometime about a spot on his lung but never got it checked out till about 3 years ago. His breathing bothered him a lot as well in the very beginning and he does go for regular check up via chest xray and the test you take, the breathing has gotten better and the spitting up blodd and flem has just started since he become a bit over weight and the doctor advises him to work out and lose some weight as well as saying that its good for the lungs for him to work out.. He is not on predinsone and Im hoping he doesn't have to get on it because I heard it makes you gain a large amount of weight. Thanks for your response if you ever have any questions for me let me know...
Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #225  

Yes, I've had a terrible time with weight gain every time they put me back on prednisone. I lost a lot of weight before I became very sick 2 yr. ago and looked so good for the first time in about 20 yr. I have 10 kids so gained weight also with pregnancies. I have lost about 20 lb in the last year which puts me at aobut 169 but I dread having the blood tests say the calcium is up and the prednisone dose must go up, too.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote