Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #76  

Way to go Chris!!!! I have a gf who gets depressed during the holidays. I learned in Al-anon that you have a plan A and Plan B if A doesn't work out. And to do something different than you normally do. Wonder if my dil would like that website. I will ask her. Can't put the sound on right now because dh and dog are sleeping-don't know who snores the loudest. !!
Anne-prayers for you in the snow!!! Guess we will be out of here before that happens. Glad you cut down on hours!
Nice thing to do Tammy. And with your son. He sounds like such a nice young man. You done good!!!!!
Hey, Meme. Are you sleeping! Only took one nap yesterday, but I took a whirlpool bath and fell asleep on the couch.
I also had the car serviced and it only took a half hour-hope the tires are on ok!! They didn't even go nuts with the prepaid paperwork. We paid up front for the service when we bought the car. Still had to pay for the tire rotation. I even found a shortcut to get home.
Poor auntie-I told her I was coming out on Sunday but she thought it was yesterday and called me just as I was walking into church. Now I am going on Monday because they will be away today.
Bye for now Mima
Old 11-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #77  

Chris, good to hear from you!! My SIL and a friend are big fans of flylady, so I'm familiar with it. Glad you were able to get some cleaning accomplished, even if you were a bit behind. We were able to get some things done yesterday before we took off on our little roadtrip.

Mima, we did raise a nice young man. Since he spent the day with me yesterday, he and Bob just went up town to watch the Bengals/Browns game at the Eagles or the American Legion. That way they can hoop and yell with
the other crazy football fans and not bother me!! lol I need to go to the storage unit. We brought home Christmas things the other day, but I'm missing quite a bit. (wreath that was my mom's, candle lights that were my mom's, stockings and holders) Tim is planning to head back about 9 tonight (a little over an hour drive), so we need to get the tree up before he leaves.

When I try to use a shortcut, it doesn't usually work. lol I have been lost more than once. You just reminded me that I need to get the car serviced. I'll do that tomorrow. I'm off of school because I go for my yearly exam in the morning. I thought I might do a little shopping after the doctor's appointment. I have no idea what to get Bob this year.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #78  

Wow-last day to get ready. Brett and Angela came over and I cleaned most stuff out of the frig. always have to check my spelling so early in the morning-I wrote frog instead of frig. g. Have to go to Aunties today-bank and library.
I hurt my ribs picking up Keith-they will heal!!!! He is so cute.
Last warm weather day. Gotta get out of here.
Happy Monday> Mima
Old 11-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #79  

Mima, I had to laugh about the spelling comment. I do the same thing, only it's not just in the morning!! When we start heading south in the winter (maybe next year), I'll have to get some pointers from you. Ouch to the hurt ribs!

My list of things to do today keeps growing. Glad that I'm only at school 3 days a week.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #80  

Hi everybody.

Mima - I guess tomorrow is the day for you to head south. Have a safe trip. I know you will enjoy getting to Florida. Hope your ribs feel better by tomorrow.

Tammy - You have your tree up already! You guys are so fast. I never put mine up until about the 18 Dec. That is because I always used to have a real one, but now we have to have the phony ones. Just habit I guess.

Chris - Now that you have all the experience with cleaning, come over! I have some you could do Hope it didn't leave you sore. I have been to the FlyLady site before.

Meme - Are you still alive after Thanksgiving? I am sure it all went well for you.

Joanne - I don't think she is back until tomorrow. Hope you had a good trip.

We had a good time yesterday at the brunch and theater. It was the "Golden years of Rock and Roll" and it was excellent. We got there at 10:00 a.m. and left after 3:00 p.m. I did well with the food - have to say I didn't overeat and had none of those delictible desserts they always have at these things.

Saturday, was a different story. We were almost to my son's house, had to stop for a red light, when this truck plowed into the back end of our SUV. The tail lights are broken, the door is toast, the tire is ruined and there is NO back window. Try that one when it is 35 below with the windchill. Thankfully, neither of us were hurt, or the person who ran into us. It was soooo slippery out. This could happen to anybody. I got rational after the fact, however. I jumped out of the care like a mad person (well I WAS mad) and just said "look what you did". The poor fellow just said "I know, and I'm so sorry". I just couldn't stop. Perhaps he was going a tad to fast!!! Anyway, back to my sons', where hubby and son put in a new cardboard window. Then over to my daughter's where we put the thing in the garage for the night and hubby put on another layer of cardboard. We looked funny, but we were warm on the way home. Now waiting for the Insurance Co. to get things rolling so we can get a vehicle rented. Wish me luck.

It is still snowing and it is still cold. By Thursday, it will warm up to 30F from 14 below F. It should feel like a heatwave!

Hope you all have a nice day.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #81  

Default Hey There

Happy- I was back yesterday. Just not able to get on here till tonight.. Busy catching up..I will probably put up my tree in another week..
Tammy- My list is never ending. I must finish the quilt for my daughter and get shopping done. I cannot enjoy the Holidays until then. I don't even want to hear Christmas music till then..
Mima- You may have already started for Florida.. I hurt my back doing something. I hope it gets better soon. I have too much to do..Have a safe trip.
Meme- You seem to outdo us all. I hope your Thanksgiving wasn't too much work.. I could not do everything you do for family and church..Stay well.
Chris.. I have to clean my carpet.. I think I am going to try the foam stuff this time. Those heavy carpet cleaners just are too much. No one around here to help me.
Well everybody ,I was sure that the turkey that came to visit was in somebodies oven. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks. The night before we came home from N/ Fl. I dreamed I say him walking down my block. I looked out the window last night at supper time and there he was eating under the bird feeder. He didn't stay long. Just made a showing and left.
We had a nice time at the daughters. They will all come here for Christmas. They told me the want Fela (stuffed grape leaves) for Christmas dinner.So I will be doing some cooking.
I will get the D/I/L to do some too. My daughter always helps. So far there will be 12 here.
Joanne
Old 11-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #82  

Anne, I love to just sit and look at the trees, so I usually try to get things up right after Thanksgiving. Won't come down until after the New Year. The brunch and theater sound great, but what happened to you Saturday is just scary! Glad that everyone was ok.

Joanne, when Tim and I were walking around the little shops on Saturday, he made a similar comment about Christmas music. Said he just isn't ready. Glad the turkey showed up just to show you he was ok. I've never had Fela, but maybe I should give it a try sometime.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:39 AM   #83  

Anne ... glad you and your husband are ok. People need to drive slower and watch what they are doing when the roads are slick. Some accidents can't be helped but when they can, they should. One careless or thoughtless move like that can cost a life, a life of pain or a life in a wheelchair. I would have been mad, too.

I've missed a lot. I guess Mima is in FL by now and Joanne is home and not ready for Christmas! I've been listening to and singing Christmas songs since the last of Sept. That's when we started our Cantata practice. Plus I started teaching them to my piano students week before last. It's this way for me every year. By the time Christmas rolls around I'm usually so sick of Carols I don't want to hear another one for at least a year! I want a new tree this year. I looked for one today but didn't get one. Hubby said we'd look at Lowes this weekend. I'm not holding my breath. Still don't have that building!

Thanksgiving was good. Seemed weird without our son. This was the first Thanksgiving we've ever spent apart ... in 40 years! He didn't even call.

Hubby's uncle died yesterday. The funeral is Wed. morning. I have to go to Nashville to the Rheumatologist tomorrow afternoon. Dread that trip. Takes about 1 hr. 45 min. to drive it. Hubby said he was going to take off and go with me but now he says he needs to work plus he wants to be at the funeral home at 4 P.M. We've been having some "issues" lately. Quite a few of them. I could fill a message board!!! Some small and some quite large. Last night we took two vehicles to church because he felt he needed to run up to the hospital ... his uncle had just died. There was nothing he could do, absolutely nothing. He had just left the hospital about an hour and a half before. His aunt had her sister with her. But he said he felt he should go back. He had been at the hospital or rest home every spare minute for the last 2 weeks. I had choir practice and he had been going and running the sound for me. I didn't have anyone else to do that ... no one. If he left, I'd have to use one of my choir members (who needed to practice) to run the sound. He knew that but left anyway. OK ... so we had two vehicles at church. We have a mouse in the basement ... driving me nuts. I told him I HAD to go buy a mouse trap after church and I also had to take a movie back to Blockbuster. He also knew that. I have night blindness ... absolutely hate to drive at night. Especially on these little narrow country roads where when a car is coming towards you with their lights on you can't see anything. He know that, too. So ... we went out to eat. Our friend had a kid with him ... his daughter's friend ... who lives about 6 miles from us but in the opposite direction from where he lives. Hubby said, why don't you let her (meaning me) take her (the girl) home after we pick up my truck so you don't have to drive all the way down there. I was staring bullets at him but he just kept on going. You don't mind do you, honey. It's not that far out of your way to take her and then he can just go on home. I was sooooo mad at him. Didn't get to go where I needed and couldn't see anything but I took the kid home. I told him when we got home that we have a lack of communication problem. He just said, oh ... I'm sorry ... I forgot. We had some friends call on Sat. and wanted us to go to Nashville shopping & out to eat with them. He didn't even ask me if I wanted to go. He just said no, he was pretty sure I wouldn't want to and hung up. I wanted to go but he didn't even tell me they called until after they had already left. I spent over 30 minutes picking out Christmas cards today and part were for the guys that work for him and I got one for his Mom and Dad. I was showing him the cards tonight and right in the middle of it, I had the cards for his guys in my hand getting ready to show him, he says, are you even listening to what they are saying on TV? They were talking something about seniors having to take driving classes for accidents in ANOTHER COUNTY. Wasn't even here. I just said, no ... didn't get that. And got up and put the cards away. Definitely a communication problem. And that's just a little. This is a constant thing. I'm ready to just give up.

Last edited by MemeToo; 11-28-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 AM   #84  

Wow!! Lot's of strees. Meme. I get mad at stuff Brad does and sometimes just leave him alone. But when it affects me that is another story!!!
WE DID NOT LEAVE TODAY! Brad got a virus and couldn't do anything and Cassidy decide-not really-that he didn't want to go by making us decide if we should put him to sleep. Thsi is the scenario=stayed out Sun night, came in in the am, disoriented, wouldn't eat, wobbly, sniffing the ground, panting, and sleeping, We ahve to take him out on a leash but at least he's not incontinent. We decided to wait til today to take him to vet's. He sure can't travel that way. He is almost 17 so he has outlived his life expectancy by 3 years. So we will see if we can leave tomorrow. Brad may be digging a grave.
LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHILE YOU MAKE OTHER PLANS.
So sorry about your accident, Anne. Hate that-so much hassle. Sure glad you weren't hurt.
Glad you are back Joanne-it's not Christmas season til next Sunday-still Thanksgiving.
There is an extra week-not good for Chris.
Hey tammy-countdown is on-Christmas will make it go fast.
Bye for now Mima-guess you will hear from me tomorrow-we have no food-I gave it all away.Except for a piece of chicken.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #85  

Meme, I'm surprised you son didn't call on Thanksgiving. He had to know that you'd want to talk to him.

Sorry about your hubby's uncle passing away. That doesn't excuse hubby for being rude to you, and that's what I think it is. I hope that things get better for you. I can certainly relate, and it's so frustrating.

Mimi, hope Brad is feeling better, and that's so sad about Cassidy.

I'm home from school again today. I had a doctor's appointment (yearly stuff) yesterday. I hardly slept last night, and I hurt so bad this morning. I realized a little bit ago that I didn't take any of my medicine yesterday. How could I do that when I know that I need it? I can't believe I can be that out of it.

I need to try to get some sleep. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #86  

Once i forgot to eat breakfast as was on my way to the chiro.Rest up.
It wasn't too bad-they gave Cassidy a shot first and then when we left the room, the vet put him to sleep. I had to call a neighbor who loved him and he cried-called my aunt and she cried and Brad cried. It will catch up with me.
Bye for now Mima
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #87  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Mima
Sorry to hear about your Cassidy. Wishing you and your family well.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #88  

Mima, I just wanted you to know that my heart aches for you about Cassidy. I know how I would be if it was my pet.

Chris, I love the Santa!! I should set myself a New Year's goal. I know I don't want to make it too much during the holidays. Maybe I'll aim for 5 ( and hope for a zillion!!).
Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #89  

Default Hey There

Mima- Sorry about Cassidy.. You did the right thing. Dogs can't tell us when they are in pain,sick. I had to do the same thing when our dog of 14 years got blind ,deaf, and incontinant. The hubby cried. Our son did the same thing with his dog last year. We were very close to him too.
I have been thinking about another dog. Thinking so far and that is all.
I didn't gain at Thanksgiving and I am going to try and not for the rest of the year. I would rather lose. Heck ,we all would.
Meme- Sometimes the hubbies need a size nine up the rear.. I know mine does. I have never been one to really like Christmas music.. My young years were not good. I tried and still do to make it better for my kids. They know that I want to get all my shoping done before I will /can listen to it.They love the Holidays.
Tammy- I didn't think my son would call on Thanksgiving. He fooled us . He did. My hubby was glad. He had been waiting all day for him to call.He has been fueding with his sister again. I hope that Christmas will be calm. They will all be here.
I guess I better go wake up the hubby. It is just past 7 pm. Too early for him to sleep. CSIN and HOUSE on tonight..He might see one...
Hello All
Joanne
Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #90  

Mima ... that's so hard. We had to put down a Dobie and 2 poodles. I didn't go with any of them. Hubby did ... I think our son went with him once. I know exactly what you are feeling right now and you will miss him terribly for a while. When we had the last Doberman put down I looked out the big front picture window for her every time I sat down for months. Every time I sat down in my recliner, she would be right there by the window looking in at me. I missed the poodle even more because she slept with me every night. You get so attached to them when you have them that long.

Joanne ... what kind of dog are you 'just thinking' about?

Went to rheumy in Nashville. He is having me take Prednisone for at least the next 2 months ... maybe longer. I'm supposed to take 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 of 5 mg. then 1 for the rest of Dec. then he wrote a script for 1mgs and I'm supposed to do 4 of those for a few days then 3 then 2 and then stay on 1 for the rest of Jan. He said I could just stay on 1 if I wanted or just take 1 two or three times a week or quit altogether. He left it up to me after Jan. Prednisone is bad to make me swell and also EAT everything in the house. I sure don't want to gain that 40+ pounds back. But I have been hurting so bad ... had to do something. He's looking into finding the gold. He said they're still using it in Canada but can't find in in US.

I went from Nashville to the funeral home and stayed until after 8. Tiring day. I was going to go Christmas shopping but didn't make it. You know I'm sick when I don't feel like shopping. I made it to LifeWay ... Christian book store. Bought a few soundtracks (to sing with). I stopped at Belks on the way home & found a red top ... have looked everywhere here for one. I really wanted a fancy red long sleeved blouse, something with lace. I found white and black and red with white but no solid red. For the Cantata, the men are wearing black pants, white shirts and red ties and the women are wearing black bottoms (skirts or pants) and red tops. I found a red long sleeved open knit sweater shot through with gold. It has a scalloped hem and sleeves and a tank underneath. It's different ... delicate and soft ... and has red stones sewn in the neckline. They only had 2 so I'm hoping no one else shows up with one like it!

The funeral is tomorrow morning at 10. I really dislike morning funerals. When my mom and dad both died, I had afternoon funerals. I don't do mornings. In NC, where most of my relatives are, they have started doing night funerals quite a bit now. Some of them are at 7 or 8 P.M. That's my kind of send off!!!

Tammy ... I think I'll 'aim' for 5 pounds, too. That way maybe I won't GAIN any between now and Christmas!
Closed Thread