Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #61  

Mima, I hope those guys that don't get along DO get along for your sake!! We used to always have people over that were friends of someones but didn't have family nearby. Did that at Christmas too. They always received gifts right along with the rest of us. Our dog will be 13 in January. He acts like a puppy too. It's so hard to believe that we thought we were going to have to put him to sleep a couple years ago. He was having trouble walking, and he pretty much just pulled himself around for a week or so. 18 people! I don't think they would fit here. How awesome that your stepson called his daughter!!

Meme, it snowed the other night and it was so pretty!! I hope you are feeling better and were able to get things accomplished. I know how you feel about the house. Before Tim comes home, I'm running around trying to straighten things.

I had a dentist appointment this morning. A tooth that I had filled recently keeps hurting. Not all of the time, and it isn't consistent when it does hurt. Sometimes cold or hot bothers it, sometimes not. She did an x-ray, and she thinks it needs to come out. I've been on a strong dose of amoxicillin for the sinus infection for 10 days, and now she wrote me a prescription for penicillin. Wouldn't the amox. have knocked out any infection that was there? She also wrote me a prescription for vicodin. The last time I had a prescription for that for my back, it lasted over 2 years. Anyway, I have to call and make an appointment with a dentist who will pull the tooth. I would like them to check it out first to see if it really needs to be done. I'm 2nd guessing my regular gal. Bob had a tooth filled a year ago, and the tooth cracked. He had to have it pulled. Seems like a pattern.

Tim will be home again in a couple hours. We're having homemade pizza for supper. Yummy.

Just an update on my days - I now have 58 more days of school!! By only going 3 days a week though, I really won't be there that much.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:56 AM   #62  

Awesome!!!!
Don't send that snow here, although it's going to rain tomorrow. I remeber one Thanksgiving we had a blizzard and everyone had to drive home in it.
Going to a service tonight-should be nice.
I actually got all those things done yesterday. Rheumo doc gave me a script of Chloroquine to slow down arthritis. I will have it filled in Fl-don't want to start anything new now. I had Plaquenil and it gave me stomache pains-what doesn't?
I was so bad yesterday-had a French twist roll from McD's and a bagel at lunch. No wonder I am congested. Stress makes me stupid.
We got a 21 pound turkey and a small ham. Should be enough. we have some big eaters and 1 vegetarian/ Then we will eat the leftovers til we go.
Hi all. Mima
Old 11-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #63  

Yep ... we're ALL OCD. Actually I've always thought it is part of the Fibro! As for me ... I usually clean before they come and again after they leave. Just can't help myself sometimes. Hubby and I was just talking about that the other night. He was fussing at me for something weird I did in the kitchen. He yelled at me actually. I washed a pan to make dressing in, he layed cookies in it, got his cookies crumbs all in it and then picked them up. I picked the pan up and wiped the cookie crumbs out before I used the pan to make the dressing in. He yelled at me and said those crumbs wouldn't hurt anything why did I do that. I told him I was tired of him always yelling at me and making a big deal of my little idiosyncrasies. I asked him if he didn't like me as I was and if he wanted to change me and make me into someone different. He said no. I said well you act like you don't like me as I am and would like to change me to fit the person you think I should be. I told him if he hate who I was so much I would be glad to just leave but changing who I was was out of the question. I couldn't change to suit him and it was unfair of him to ask me to ... just as I would never expect him to change who he was because I didn't like the way he left his bedroom in a mess and left his clothes inside out and always left his shoes in the middle of the floor and stayed on the phone all the way through meals and TV shows, etc. He said he was sorry and I told him no ... he wasn't truely sorry because if he was he would stop yelling at me everytime I did something like cleaning up or making a bed, etc. when he thought I shouldn't and leave me alone and then appologizing for yelling at me every single time. He always says I'm sorry. He's not sorry or he'd stop. He just looked at me. I'm just tired of him wanting me to be someone I'm not. I know I'm OCD. That's part of who I am. I'm not HUGE OCD. Right now I'm sitting in the middle of a very messy room. You can't even see the top of my desk. So it's not a big deal. Just little things ... like in my cooking for one. But ... there you have it. Sorry! Didn't mean to go off on you. He just really bothers me sometimes.

Have Ross and Jenna today. Was supposed to be 3 different places at once this morning. Jenna had a play at 8:15 and it was Grandparents day at Ross and Garrett's school. Their classes made breakfast for the grandparents and they played games and just, in general 'showed us off' to their friends. I was "it" for Ross and Garrett both. None of their other grandparents could go. So someone was going to be disappointed one way or the other. I could not make it to both schools. (Kaylyn was the only one who didn't 'need' me!) Jenna called me last night and told me she understood and for me not to be sad because I couldn't make it to her play. It was so sweet I nearly cried. So I picked her up when her school was out at 10 and took her to the store. She got some coloring books and crayons and then we went to Burger Kings. Brought her and Ross back home with me and got all the stuff out for her and let her bake some brownies all by herself. I was thinking as I watched her ... these kids will only be young for a few more years. They are growing up so fast. She's the baby and she'll be 8 in March. Hardly seems possible.

Went to Penney's yesterday and got 2 sweaters for me and 2 for the little girls for Christmas ... they were buy one - get one for a dollar. Really nice sweaters ... I love deals like that.

Gotta get back to it. Have some more cleaning to do, wash is stacked up to my knees and still have my pumpkin pies, a cheesecake & strawberry salad to go plus I want to get my turkey dressing made tonight before I go to bed. Sorry for writing a book. I started to go back and delete part of it but I figured you all could read it ... or not! Have a good Turkey day all! Love you!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #64  

Hi everybody.

Mima - so not long to go before you leave for Florida. I'll bet you are itching to get there. My brother and his wife left for Arizona the 20th Oct. He called last night and told me he burned the bottom of his feet from walking on his deck - I told him, that if I went outside in my bare feet right now, they would freeze It is going to go -10F here on Saturday. So it starting to get colder now. A cold front from Northern Canada is moving in. Supposed to have some snow as well. Still, I have no desire to head south.

Meme - I would have washed the pan as well. I probably have OCD as well. It's just how I am. My hubby doesn't bark at me though. He is a wonderful guy. Couldn't ask for anybody better than he is. I am sorry that your hubby is being obnoxious to you. That isn't nice, and good on you, giving him a piece of your mind Yep, with that many gkids around the same ages, you have to be twins to keep up.

Tammy - Counting the days! Well February isn't that far away. I bet you will be happy to be finished.

Hi Chris and Joanne.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving. I could eat another turkey dinner with Pumpkin Pie for dessert Oh well, not going to happen!

I am off today, and not doing much at all. This darn sciatic nerve is still giving me grief. I wish it would go away. Got shorter hous at work, but perhaps not short enough. I can't really work 4 full days. The pain is overtaking the pain med, so it is time to pull back the reins. Maybe one more week of it. Then we will see what happens.

I told them I would try - I tried - and found out my brain doesn't know my body I guess the saying "the mind is willing but the body is weak" does apply
Old 11-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #65  

Mima, doesn't it feel good when you get accomplished what you want to get accomplished? I just realized that I never did start a load of laundry this morning. I must have dreamed it. I think stress makes alot of people stupid!! lol

Meme, I would have done the exact same thing with the cookie crumbs so I don't think that's weird at all. I can relate to your hubby bugging you sometimes. There have been days when Bob drives me totally crazy!! I love him dearly, but somethings just drive me nuts. Make lots of memories with your grandchildren. They will remember those times as they get older. Great deals on the sweaters!! I like good deals too.

Anne, I think I might be one that likes to go south in the winter. Just going to Georgia for Christmas last year was wonderful. I wish we could go again this year.

I definitely will be glad to be done with school. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but the new principal has already done some things that are not making the teachers happy. He wants me to start working with 3rd graders on reading. I just looked at him. I have a 30 minute time slot in the morning, and that is the only break during the day except for my lunch time which usually ends up being 15-20 minutes. I know the kids need help, but I don't need to be booked solid either. yes, I'm whining. The other intervention teacher has him totally snowed. She is not well liked by the rest of the staff because she runs to him when something happens that she doesn't like. As one of the other teachers said, she doesn't play well with others. She and I share a room, but I'm only in there for one 30 minute time slot first thing in the morning. She took over the room for her groups. We were supposed to have 2 groups going at the same time with a divider in between. I am in the hallways or a corner in the library because she spreads her kids out. The principal doesn't see anything wrong with it. He reminded me last week, "You chose to only work parttime and retire in the middle of the year." I was dumbfounded. I had no response. Very disappointed in him.

Glad you are cutting back on the hours if it is bothering you. It isn't worth it.

I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow. We'll be heading to my aunt's house about noon. My cousin emailed me and said to be prepared to get my butt kicked on Trivial Pursuit or some other game we'll end up playing. lol
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #66  

For all you teachers. Get your kleenex first.

http://www.teachermovie.com/
Old 11-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #67  

Anne ... I love that story. I never get tired of reading it. Thanks!

Tammy ... that doesn't sound right to me. Just because this is your last year doesn't mean you don't need a place to put your kids and to work. That's not even reasonable. How'd he come to be a principle anyway with that kind of reasoning? I guess because you weren't there everyday the other woman thought she had the right to take over the room ... and then just kept it. You probably will have to assert yourself if you want your half of it back and tell her she needs to move her kids closer together and give you a little room. After all ... like the man said, your leaving so what have you got to loose? He won't fire you so the worse that can happen is for her to beat you up! If your cousin doesn't beat her to it that is!

All desserts made, turkey stuffed and in the fridge and house nearly clean. I'm pooped and ready for bed. Still didn't get all the wash done but there's always the weekend. Don't guess we'll run out of clothes until then. Hubby went off to sit with a sick uncle and left me tonight. He came back for a little while and is sleeping for a couple of hours and then is going back. His uncle is really bad. They don't think he will last long.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #68  

happy Thanksgiving everyone and a belated one to Anne!!!
Sat on the couch with a garbage bag under me and peeled 10 lbs of potatoes!! Cooked the squash and burned my hand. Angela called and said she had squash too-found out it wouldn;t hurt to have more-not much squash in a hubbard but they were all out of buttercup. We don;t stuff the bird but I will have 2 kinds of stuffing. Hope everyone gets along but it is my house!!
I would have washed the pan too and I def. have OCD to a small degree-in my 20's I had it a lot.
I don't like what the principal said either!
Went to a service last night-it was so nice. Little Debbie sat with us-asked if Auntie Suzanne was going to be at Thanksgiving-I said yes and Uncle Bobby. Her face lit up and she said I love Uncle Bobby. Last time she attached herself to him. I had to call and tell him-he was thrilled-no gf yet!! So I like to cheer him up.Maybe he will be like your son Joanne and get married late!!
Hope your hyaving a good time at your daughter's , Joanne.
Hi Chris!!!Bye for now Mima
Old 11-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #69  

Anne, Yep, I needed the kleenex!!
Meme, this is his first year as a principal. He's only taught 8 years before this. I hope the other gal doesn't beat me up. I don't like pain!! lol
Sorry to hear about the uncle.

Mima, that's sweet about Debbie saying that about Bobby! That had to make him feel good.

Our Thanksgiving at my aunt's house was very nice. Always too much food of course, but it all was yummy. Late in the afternoon we started playing games, and this morning I hurt from laughing so hard. We really had a fun time.

Hope everyone had a great day and will have a great weekend!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #70  

Would you believe I lost .5 pound? I have been struggling with getting that butterfly moved because I couldn't get more than .5 off. Finally lost the other .5. After all of the yummy foods yesterday, I was shocked when I weighed. I must have done better than I thought yesterday.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #71  

That's great, Tammy.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and everyone got along. PTL. And it was great seeing Jessica. 19 people and baby Keith!! They fit perfectly in the-24 x24 living room. Seems like we should not move downstairs.
I fell asleep 3 times yesterday. And packed in between.
Have to bring the car in for service-hopefully I can walk while I wait.
We are leaving Tues with a stop in Charlotte on WEd night. Cassidy will have to stay in the car.
Cassidy had some forbidden turkey and pooped on the rug right after dinner! Wasn't that nice!!
Hope everyone is good. Mima
Old 11-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #72  

Mima, I'm so glad that everyone got along!! Falling asleep is ok. You've been busy. Be careful on your trip. Cassidy was making a statement I think. lol

I'm up too early, but that's the dog's fault. Not sure what's on the agenda today. Going back to bed will be on that ageda very soon though!!
Old 11-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #73  

Mima - Tuesday isn't that far away. Hope you have a safe trip. Glad everybody was playing nice for you on Thanksgiving. Not nice when there is a bunch of tension.

Tammy - good for you losing over the holdiay. Sometimes, after you have been dieting, increasing your food for a couple of days and then going back on your diet, will cause the body to lose weight. That principal needs a good, swift kick in the behind.

Meme - hope you survived it all.

Joanne - I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving time with your family.

Chris - Hope things are rolling along ok for you as well.

We are off to Edmonton if just a bit. Going to the Mayfield Inn for brunch and a dinner theater tomorrow (I guess it is a brunch theater at brunch time ), It is cold today, and tonight will be 30 below zero - brrrr. Even that is too cold for ME!!! Right now it is only -20C or about -8F, and snowing. I need a guardian angel with me today on that highway.

Well, I am down 3 more pounds I hope this continues. My Naturopath is in charge of me, and I AM listening to her. The FM pain is so much less, and now that it is really cold, the OA isn't bothering me at all. Unfortunately, my upper back is giving me a lot of grief. Hopefully cutting back on my hours will take care of that. Too much paper work!

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #74  

Anne, my friend said the same thing about my losing. Wonder if it would be worth it to eat more a couple days a month and then get back on program? I agree about the principal. I have seriously thought about it alot over this weekend. It is so tempting to just say that I'm going to take sick days for the next 58 days and not go back. Sure would cut down on the severance pay though. AND I'd hate to do that to the kids. They love me!! lol

Hope you enjoyed the brunch theater!! It is too cold where you are! Today it was almost 70 F here. It was beautiful. Tim and I went to the little town where my shopping buddies and I will be going in a few weeks. It's about 1 1/2 hours south east of here, and we thought "what the heck!" We visited with the owners of the inn where Carol, Melissa, and I will be staying. It was great to see them. They hadn't seen Tim in 2 years, so that was nice too.

3 more pounds off for you!!! It is working, so keep it up!!! Awesome that your pain is much less!!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #75  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

I have spend the entire day cleaning house. I know it was a mess but just didn't realize how much of a mess until I started peeling back the layers of dirt. I usually do "Fly Lady" in the cleaning of the house (www.flylady.com if you haven't heard of it). The past couple of weeks I have not been good at keeping up my routines. And once you go a week or two without cleaning you have a big mess. I am exhausted and hurting but the house is clean again (except the floors which I can't do....DH is going to do them tomorrow). Now I just have to stay on top of it.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread