Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #16  

Mima, sounds like fun! Not really, lol. What grade level are the tests?

I ended up at home today. My temp was up to 101 this morning. Sure is much easier to stay home from school this year since I don't have to get ready for a sub. In the past, I probably would have gone anyway even with the temp being up.

Joanne, hope the vision is improving daily.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #17  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- Yes the vision is getting better. I find it strange not to put on glasses the first thing in the morning. I am using the cheapies until I can get the reading glasses. I actually can read your posts without them. So that means I use them for the newspaper and my books. I looked in the mirror and got a shock. I have gotten old. I will have to find some real good makeup!!!
I have a eye appointment today and Tops meeting tonight. I have done pretty good keeping my weight under control. I went looking for books on diabetes yesterday. No simple diet plan that I can find. . I am pretty good at planning my eating plan after all these years so I am just going to do my own thing. I will get back to the basic plan of writing everything down. That is how I lost all the weight in the first place. That is really the only way to know just what I am putting in my mouth. I told my hubby that when the icecream is gone not to look for more. I am just to weak to not want it.He doesn't need it either.I have to motivate myself to get on that T/M..I was doing so well with my exercise,now, nothing.
Yes, Where is Meme?
Joanne
Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #18  

Joanne, that's wonderful that things are getting better. I laughed when I read about you looking in the mirror. Good luck with the meals. Bob met with a woman this morning and now has a new glucose monitor.

When I was at the doctor yesterday, he told me that my blood test from last week said my glucose was 128. I about cried. I have been doing great watching what I'm eating and exercise. He then told me that the back injections that I had could have elevated the reading plus I have a nasty sinus infection that could have raised it. I have to redo it in February, and hopefully it will be back in my "normal" range (90-110) that I usually get.

I think Meme is busy getting some things done since hubby is gone. We should have all gone to visit her and had a party. Wonder if it's too late?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #19  

I didn't think that 128 was bad????? I corrected tests that candidates have to take to be certified teachers. At the facility in MA, we correct, MA, Illinois and Virginia but they have other test sites. I am glad I didn't have to take a test to teach but then again I did-the National Teacher test.in 1960. I actually liked tests-coocoo me!!! not now, for sure.
Hope you feel better, Tammy. Glad you can see Joanne. The girl who had the double cataract surgery can see at night so she drove on Wednesday. Since it is so dark when we get out of work, I will have to be a leech!!!
Where is Meme?????????????????? Hi Anne.
Gotta clean -18 people coming tonight. The girl dusted but she missed some=who cares. They want the food and the fellowship. Food is taco dip-yummy and brownies with choc. chips, choc chip cookies, and 2 cherry pies-in graham cracker crusts. Kool whip-low sugar for the diabetics.
Bye for now Mima
Old 11-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #20  

I don't think 128 is bad either. He said that if you have 2 readings of 126 and higher, you are considered diabetic. I had a reading of 126 once before when I had my testing done right after Christmas. Dumb on my part. I'm going to start testing it once a week here at home with Bob's old monitor. I tested it yesterday and the reading was 107. Bob thought maybe since the monitor was older, it might not be accurate so I took it right away on his new one. It was 108. I think that's pretty close! lol

I didn't have to take a big test like that when I started teaching thank goodness. Your food sounds great for tonight. Have fun!

We are taking off later today for Michigan. I'm hoping to go to the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit tomorrow or Sunday. I made reservations and haven't told Bob where we're going. Just told him to come home after he does leaves at the other house and get some clothes packed. I asked if he had a tuxedo handy. You should have seen the look on his face!! I think it will be a very relaxed weekend. Jeans and sweatshirts probably.

If I don't get back on here before we leave, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #21  

Good morning.

Tammy - have a good trip. Is Michigan far from where you live. I can't remember what state you are in. Hope you are feeling better today.

Mima - It is nice that you are working a few days. It is a break from the humdrum! The food sounds good.

Joanne - I am glad that you are seeing better. That is great. I laughed when I read what you wrote about the mirrior. I think we all get to feeling like that

Chris - Hope the counsellor will be able to help you. Everybody is different about religion. Do what you are comfortable with. I gave up going to church when I was 22 yrs. old. I won't go into the circumstances, but he sure didn't act very Christian. This is the Church I was raised in and went to Sunday School every Sunday, as I grew up, sang in the Choir, and attended many church groups. I have NOT lost site of GOD and I don't need the bureaucracy of a church to worship GOD. Over the years, I have come to believe that MOST churches are about money and less about worship in any case.

Perhaps joining a local FM group would be good for you. Just to get out and meet people. You never know, you might pick up a few useful tips you could share with us.

I am off today (woohoo). That is the second day this week. I LOVE it. I went to see my Naturopath last night, and was whining that I had only lost 1.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks. She told me NOT to worry about, keep doing the diet, that the body heals what it needs to first. The weight will come off. I have lost about 14 pounds in 6 weeks. Sure is slow going, but it IS going. Since I stated going to her in mid September, I am feeling so much better. I am sleeping well ( with the help of Somniplex) and even my breathing problem is getting a little better. The fatigue has not been near as bad, with only yesterday leaving me feeling like a "space cadet" The yeast is FINALLY leaving. I am about 1/2 way through her program.

I heard from Candace the other day. She still has not moved. She said to say hello to everybody.

Well, I need to get an appointment with my Chiro, and I sure hope it does not snow until I get back home. I hate driving on the highway when it is snowing. Actually, we have been having freezing rain. There was a 27 car pileup on the highway on Monday night, just at the bridge by Red Deer. Black ice was the culprit. People drive like maniacs as well, and they haven't gotten into the winter driving mode yet. They had better get there fast, as it sure is winter now

Hope you all have a nice day.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #22  

Anne, I live in Ohio. We'll just get on the interstate that's about 25 miles from here and head north. Detoit is about 3 1/2 hours from here. I'm feeling better, and I'm starting to blow my nose more so I guess I'm getting that icky stuff out of there. The medicine must be working.

I think 14 pounds in 6 weeks is great!! I had my weigh in last night at WW (just rejoined a few weeks ago). I've lost 8.8 pounds since I joined. Slow but steady is the name of the game.

Glad you heard from Candace!! Hope we all get to hear from her soon.
I hate driving on icy roads. The snow I can handle. I agree that people forget how to drive on it at first. Drives me crazy when I see them doing stupid things.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #23  

Hello gals, had a lot of catching up to do and I'm not sure I can remember everything. Joanne ... I'm sure glad your eyes are doing good. Being able to read the screen without glasses is awesome. Mima ... busy as usual I see. In VA ... that's where I was born ... Richmond.

Tammy ... Going to MI ... I lived in Detroit from ages 9 to 26. Been to the Henry Ford Museum in Greenfield Village several times. I love Greenfield Village! I used to have several pieces of blown glass from there ... broken and gone now. One of my favorite places in MI. I envy you. Not the trip but the visit!

Anne, glad the job is going well and you are able to endure. Sounds like your weight loss program is also working. I think 14 pounds is awesome. You know what they say about slow and steady. Hope it didn't snow on you while you were out. I LOVE your little man! It's supposed to rain and turn cold here tonight. I feel like somebody slammed me up against a wall like that little man of yours!

My hubby hasn't been gone all week. He was only gone one night so I haven't been getting a lot of stuff done while he was gone. I haven't been feeling too good part of the time. Today we went to Crossville 'investigating' buildings for an office. I think we have decided on one; FINALLY. We'll see if he puts in an order to have it made now! I love it. It is log and has a little porch on the front of it, just like our house. Tomorrow we're supposed to move everything in the livingroom, clean, paint one wall, rearrange the furniture and move some pictures. He promised to give me 2 days. One down and one to go. We'll see about that, too.

Chris, we will not be offended by your silence or by anything you want to talk about if you feel the need to talk. I know exactly where you are coming from when you talk about Christmas, Easter, etc. being pagan holidays. I've read all the material and I know for a fact that they started out as pagan holidays. I am a true believer in God so I also have no doubt that there is a God in heaven and that in all likelihood He was not born on Dec. 25th nor did He die on the day we celebrate each year as Easter Sunday. Nature itself proves to me there is a higher power. I set aside one day each week to go to the church of my choice to give praise to and to worship the God that I believe in because He has been so wonderfully good to me. I believe He is awesome and nothing or no one could ever convince me of anything different. I set aside one day a year to celebrate His birth and one to celebrate His giving up His live for me. Christmas Day and Easter Sunday seems reasonable since that is the day the rest of the world seems to have chosen. Whether it is or isn't the right days and however they seems to have gotten their beginnings is irrelevant to me. These are the days I have chosen to celebrate His birth and His sacrifice. If I didn't believe in God or Jesus, I'd just get on with my life and let everyone else do the same ... like I do the Jews, Hindus, Islams, etc. who all worship in a different way than I do. I wish this for you. If you could either find it in your heart to see that there is a God who loves you and that He doesn't care when you worship or when you celebrate Him as long as you DO - or else just let it go and move past this block you seem to have, you would be able to find much more happiness. "Choose this day whom you will serve." Just choose what YOU want to do and let everyone else do the same and then don't stress out over other people's choices. Come in here and talk to us when you need to during the holidays ... we're here!

http://www.memeart.com
Old 11-11-2006, 06:13 AM   #24  

Hi everybody. Last night was great-ended up to be 14 but it was a lively bunch. Lots of compliments on our house. And the food was good-taco dip almost gone-sent rest of the brownies and cookies to the teens who were "locked in" the church overnight for a teen gathering.
Chris, I know what you mean about seeing some churches all about money-I have heard that before. But it sure isn't true about the churches my husband and I attend and lots of others. If any of you haven't been to church in a long time, I think you would see how much things have changed. I read a meditation page about that this morning-about what you do with your money and not letting it be your driving force.
Have fun Tammy-sounds like you are recovering. My sinuses get blocked like that and I am so happy when my nose starts to run again.
Nice you had 2 days off, Anne, Snow, ice!!! Gotta get out of here. 2 weeks maybe. Brad is plugging along. I have to work 3 days next week-I will have the rest of my Christmas money.
Great news-after many phone calls, we have insurance on the mobile home with the same premium as last year. Less coverage but I think it was written wrong in the first place. We were in such a hurry!
Hi Joanne. Glad you are recovering.
Woke up at my usual 5-didn't go to bed til almost 11-let's see what my naptime will be.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 11-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #25  

WooHoo, I actually LOST a pound!!! That makes my day.

Meme- nice to hear from you. Glad you found a new office, now if hubby follows through with it, it will be great for you. I would NOT want a bunch of strange men in my house either!!! It just isn't worth the chance. Now, I hope you get your wall painted and get that guy working for YOU for a couple of days

Mima - glad that you found the right insurance for you. Hope it wasn't up to a $1000.00 you had to pay. That is a terrible price.

Tammy, Chris and Joanne - Hi. Hope you are all having yourselves a good day. I know Tammy will be as she is away.

My son called last night, and they are coming either today or tomorrow. Guess I will find out later what day it will be!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #26  

The first premium was 1900 and now it's down to 1300-the price of living in FL-guess 600 was worth all of thatwork!
This is to funny-I got a call from the police station asking me if I had a medium sized gray dog. Yes! Someone had seen Cassidy walking on the road and thought he was lost and brought him to the police station-he didn't have his collar on because he shakes it and wakes us up at night. So I went to get him-couldn't open the buckle on his collar or the clip on the leash bevasue of my arthritis in my hands-policeman helped me-and took him home. he was in the lockup cell in the station. He got turned in another time 6 years ago because he was in front of the pizza shop begging. This time he was minding his own business, I guess I really don't know hoiw far he was but he never goes too far. Maybe he has Alzheimers!!
So congested-Still tired from everything.
Potluck and singspiration at church tonight-that is fun!!!
have a good time with your familt, Anne. Hi Meme, Chris, Joanne. And tammy in Michigan.
Mima
Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #27  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Mime--If only dogs could talk and he could tell you all about his adventure out. They didn't fine you for him being off a leash did they. Around here they would in a heart beat.

Today is weigh in day. Another 3 pounds forever gone. I am not sure how that happened. I haven't been walking much at all. I need to get back on the treadmill and get to walking.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #28  

Meme, the museum was great. Bob had never been there, and it has changed so much since the last time I was there. We are planning to go back sometime when it's warmer and go to Greenfield Village. The little building sounds adorable! Hope you get it, and it saves you some headaches from everyone coming to the house.

Mima, congrats on getting the insurance!! I know how much that had to be worrying you. I know I would have been the same way.

Anne, congrats on losing that pound! Hope you had a nice visit with your son.

Chris, congrats on your 3 pouns! Keep up whatever you are doing, even if you don't know what it is!! lol

I need to make a grocery run, and then go pick up the dog from the Doggy Hotel, so I need to get a move on.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:30 AM   #29  

Hi guys-glad you are back from a nice trip. Tammy. And Chris, great on 3 lbs-keep going. And Anne!!!!!!!
Not mima-luckily it's only 2 pounds that I am up. Being allergic to lots of things keeps my weight down.
I told someone who works at the police dept. and she said there were other dogs brought in in the past 3 weeks-all from the same neighborhood, the plot thickens-either someone is neurotic about wandering dogs or they don't like them. Our dogs have to be under voice command. Poor Cassidy-he doesn't even go in the garbage!!
Church pot luck and singspiration-so much fun. After I chose a song, Pastor said that a young person needed to choose. I said something to tease and he got flustered . Everyone laughed. what he meant was a really young person. He is very sensitive to including young people in everything-Great!!!
Glad I have today off-couldn't even think of working-ate some cream cake-stomache ache and congestion!!!! I am mt own worse enemy.
Angela said something about home schooling Debbie/. We are concerned because we don't think she has the skills. But the wonderful thing is they are going to parenting classes through the church. I will talk to the lady in charge about our concerns. They will listen to her.
I called Jessica-she is having so many problems . She can't sleep at night and then can't get up and is late for school-thinking of switching to nights which wouls be a good solution. But not graduate til May-She also thinks she has obsessive-compulsive disorder and from what she tells me, I think she has, She has always been compulsive about not making a mistake and it's affecting her work. She has been through so much trauma-I will write her a long letter today. And encourage her to make that appt-it's tough when you have to bring up yourself-I can relate to that.
Brad is trying to finish 2 jobs!!! Bye for now Mima-and thanks for listening!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #30  

Home schooling is not easy. Son and DIL tried it with our grandson but soon gave up that idea. It is a full-time job for at least one parent and takes a lot of knowledge, patience & discipline. I wish them well! That's too funny about Cassidy but a little scary, too. Maybe he was sleep walking. I'm glad I live in the country where Sami has plenty of 'room to roam' without being reported to the police! OCD is a bad thing to have. I've always had a touch of that and my mom was really bad (though she didn't even know what it was and would never have admitted to having it even if she did!) Did you ever watch As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson? Funny movie but a little scary in the light of what I know about myself!!!

I'd like to go back to Greenfield Village. It's been a long time since I've been there. I'd like to take my kids and grandkids there. They would love it, I'm sure.

Chris and Anne ... congratulations on losing weight - what ever you're doing, keep it up. I lost a couple of pounds last week. Need to lose about 4 more before Thanksgiving so I can have some turkey dressing and pie!

I got my livingroom all cleaned & rearranged. It looks great. Just wish the rest of the house was clean now! Guess I'll go put a ham in the oven & work on the basement for a little while. UGH!
Closed Thread