Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/245/175

Thanks all for the feedback. I bought a test kit and I'm checking my bsl's. Everything I've read so far says that a person with Diabetes should be at "XYZ" #'s which I'm below. And a normal person is at "ABC" #'s which I'm at the top of. SO, from what I can figure is I'm walking the line. I've been on the strictist diet I have ever been on. I can't remember a time in my life when I've been this good for so long. All I need to do know is kick up my exercise program a notch or two. Work out harder and longer. Given that, maybe I'm just dumb or in denial, but shouldn't my bsl go down in a month or so if I lose 10+ lbs and exercise and take vitamins like Chromium and Spirulina and Omega 3 or Flax Seed Oil? I mean, is my Dr. being over cautious wanting to put me on meds? Won't that just be a bandaid?

Again, thanks all, from what I've read of all your posts you're a nice bunch. I hope to get to know ya'll better.
westcoastwaterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #107  

Smile

Morning everyone i finally had a good nite of sleep and feel ever so much better today..i have not been taking my advil as i thought i was relying on it to much and how much is safe to take? so the last 3 days i didnt take any until last nite and boy did it make a diff..my sl are strong at 107 this am and since ita friday i weighed and have lost another 4 # i was so excited about that..so now im going into week #3..following ww and its working..am altering the diet a bit(watching the carb intake)..west caost baby.. i strongly suggest you take a diabetes education and nutrion class.. i thought i knew it all and my dr wanted me to take it(4 day class and my ins paid for it) and i learned so much..as far as the meds follow your dr's advice.. the meds are used to control the disease..cambellredhead.. what a sweetie to be so concerned for your mom..as meowee said get her to join our group..from experience your mom has to do this herself..and ahealthy diet watching the carbs is best.. and avoiding sugary and refined foods..meowee.. hope the sun comes out soon..i notice you post in a crafters group..mind if a join as im a crafting nut too?? Rosetta am so happy for you and your 3# loss wtg hope the exercise goes well for you..hey judy get back on that bike.. you can do this..well need to do some house work today ugh..before the dust bunnies go on strike..have agreat day everyone (((((((hugs)))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #108  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh, Waterbaby, I sincerely hope you've just got an overly cautious doctor. Generally doctors don't suggest meds until its been shown that diet and exercise can't control things enough. Everything you've mentioned . . . mostly the diet part . . . will certainly help to control your blood glucose levels. We're all keeping our for you.

Yippee, Rosey . . . those pounds are just falling off you, girl. Of course, you can come and craft with us. I'll look forward to seeing you over there.

I have a bad case of the hungries today. So far I haven't done anything rash but I think I'll give us another dose . . . make that a double dose. . . to help us through the evening.

See you later, gators.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #109  
Onward and Downward

Default The Return . . .

A gigantic sphere of yellowish-orange fire arose from the eastern sea this morning, and now it fills the sky. Some of the older ones think that they have seen this before, long ago, but the younger ones feel much afraid.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #110  

Smile

Morning everyonemeowee did the sun finally come out where you are at ill bet thats nice to see after so much rain.. well i over did the pts yesteday and ate when i got home from bingo my sl showed it this am too 145 hasnt been that high in forever..back to reality today.. as every day is anew beginning and i dont want to mess up the good i have done..also i won 100$ at bingo so that was fun.. not sure whats on the agenda for today..im reading a new series of books that has my interest.. any one ever read David Baldacci books? theyr mysteries and i just cant put them down..also need to get working on another baby quilt.. has anyone here ever had achy muscles from any of their meds that they are taking?? im beging to wonder if thats my trouble.. as it seems that i started feeling this way the last several months and i did get put on anew med..other wise my body is really rebelling against my weight and so by loosing that will help.. i certainly plan to discuss this with my dr tho.. will check in later... do something fun today for yourself.. ((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey
Old 04-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #111  
creations

Did housework yesterday. The sun is out here,suppose to get rain againlater today,had it last nite. Just waiting for our son and his family to come over. Celebrating his 37th birthday today.
Will also be watching hockey(Go Wings). Went to their last regular season home game on the 17th. Thought I was going to die climbing the stairs to the arera. Was ok once we were in there. Coming back down was back,just can't go fast with the brace. Will be back riding tomorrow.
Judy
creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #112  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

How's everyone's weekend going? Did some wedding shopping yesterday, and I think I found my wedding ring! yay! One more thing down.

Doing lawn stuff... aerating, fertilizing, thatching... Going to have a good lookin' lawn this year, even if I have to do it myself!

Well, gotta run! Take care!

J.
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:38 PM   #113  

Smile

Morning everyone.. another pretty day here.. was out and about yesterday.. my neighbor called and she sounded so lonely(she lost her husband a few months back) she hadnt had any company in 3 days and she doesnt drive so my dh and went down to visit her and have coffee..she was so happy to see us.. then we went to town and got fresh vegies and fruit and came home and bq'd for the first time this yr.. still snow on the deck and yard but we grilled pork chops and made a big green salad.. sure was yummy..i slept well and sl were 108 this am..am going to be lazy today.. have been planning how i want to redo my kitchen and what im going to plant in my flower pots this year..just daydreaming ..its that sort of day..(((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey
Old 04-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #114  
Onward and Downward

Hi babes . . . Atlantic Canada is on it's second day in a row with SUNSHINE . . . what a treat.

Rosey . . . I love Baldacci . . . you and I have a lot in common . . . besides the fact that you win money and I spend money. When are you coming over to visit at Crafters Incorporated? Have a great, lazy day.

Judy . . . Have a great birthday with the kid . . . not toooooo much cake, though.

Josian . . . Have a great day of 'lawn exercise', It will pay off in more ways than one. My lawn has really greened up after all that rain, but I wouldn't want to do too much on it right now . . . it's very wet, but a couple more days of sun will dry it up fast.

Well, guys, I've been having a pretty good day. BS in the low 4's (mid 70's) this am., and I actually got some laundry done and put in a couple of hours working on the guilted ponchos for my granddaughters.

Have a great evening. Keep on heading in the downward direction by doing lots of moving and shaking and other good stuff.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #115  
Pinkroses

Good afternoon, I am new here. I am a Diabetect. I just started med. March 2005. I have lost some weight.
I have Severe Refluexe disease. Arthiris everywhere. Severe Depression. and other diseases and conditions.
I live in Va.
I write Christian poems and devotionals and short stories.
I hope to get to know you all better soon.
Being Diabetect and staying on a special dite has its problems.
I went to a pain mangement Dr. this past Feb. He said I had no muscle tone.
I am on a high protien diete.
I started the Attakins Shake drink. In Cholocate. It is really good.
I am to add more white meat too to my dite.
With all that is wrong with me and all the med. It gets to be very expensive. I suffer from depression too. Pinkroses. I live in Va.
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #116  
Holly Belle

S/C/G: 216/206/150

Default New here

Hello everyone, My name is Holly and I have diabetes and high blood pressure, and need to lose about 50 to 60 pounds to get to my normal weight that is recommended. My husband and I travel all over the country doing hearing tests and eating out is a way of life for us. I am going to start trying to cook in the hotel; rooms to make eatinga little more healthy and I am trying to get into exercising. I look forward to geting to know you all better.

Last edited by Holly Belle; 04-23-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Holly Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #117  
stbakd

welcome holly. another idea some stores sell ready made meals. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #118  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

HI everyone,,,my name is Jeanne and I have been posting on the 100 site,,,lots of wonderful folks over there,,,I have been looking for a diabetic site here and today I found you,,,

I have been a on meds for diabetic since 1999...nothing has completley keep it at a steady level,,,I have been on glucovance 2000 mg a day for over a year now and it was to hard on my kidneys,,,so just last week my doctor pulled me off it in fear my kidneys would shut down,,,I am now on Byetta (spit) 5mg two times a day,,,,and Avandaryl 4mg/2mg once a day,,,my numbers have been so darn high since I started this new stuff,,,I have been lucky in the side effects tho,,,not much of them,,,but the numbers are higher than when I was on the glucovance,,,is anyone out there on Byetta and could maybe give me some insight,,?,,, I am on ww and have had a hard time lossing any wt,,,lost around 20 or so since Feb,,,and have lost another 5 or so since being on the byetta,,,so that is a plus,,,

Anyway have a great day ,,,it is sunny here in Eastern Washington today,,,am greatful the snow is gone now,,,,

Nice to meet you all,,,,Jeanne
Jeanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #119  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Wow! Welcome to all the newbies!!!

I guess we all need to give some introductions!

I'm Josian, 2 weeks from 30 years old, Type 1 since age 19. Struggled with weight all my life, have PCOS as well. Switched bc pills in January after losing 25 pounds, gained 15 back and the dang scale hasn't budged, although I've been diligent. I'm getting married in November, my dress has about an inch to finish zipping. I know I have plenty of time, but I wish I was having a little more easier time of it.

Those are my struggles! This is a great group!
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #120  

Smile

Morning everyone.. gosh hello to all the new folks and welcome..im rosey(57) and live in alaska.. a type 2 for several yrs now..i follow ww's but watch the carb intake..we had areal quiet day yeasterday.. and not sure whats on the agenda for today.. the dh is still sleeping..you know us retired folks arent on any time table ..its cold out this am with a wind brrrrrrrr wish spring would get here..i was so hungry yesterday i could have ate my computer..went over my pts a few days in a row(nothing serious and not a binge) and its so hard to get back and yesterday i was determined to stay within my range and so was hungry but sl was 94 this am so thats was aplus.. but friuts and vegies just dont stay with me long..so im going to try and add more protein today and see if that helps..have agreat day everyone (((((hugs))))) rosey