Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #151  

Hi everyone.. meowee thankyou for the pep talk.. i needed to here that..just have to look at the bigger picture..pink roses.. am so sorry you are hurting.. i to have a tuff time getting out and moving around and have to take frequent sit downs and advil when i get home..it sure is discourageing isnt it.. hang in there and good luck on the new home.. im leaving for bingo soon and hope i'm a winner.. i have fun anyways..talk later ((((((((hugs))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #152  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

We are moving the monster-in-law tomorrow. She wants us at her house by 7:00, which isn't going to happen, because we have to go to my parents house first to get the truck and trailer which is 60 miles away... We are going to meet my parents for breakfast at 7:00, which means we'll be at his mom's by 9:00. She'll just have to deal with it.

I'm whupped. Even my hairstylist noticed the baggies around my eyes. She was also concerned at the amount of hair that she combed out while trimming my hair today. I think I need to get some bloodwork done and call my endo.
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #153  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

No problem, Rosey. We all need reminding of how far we've come. Sometimes we see only the overall distance and forget about doing it one step at a time. And we all deal with bunches of pain from time to time, too. Between the excess weight, the old age, the arthritis, and (for me) flat feet, there are definitely days when there are moments when I'm sure I'll never move again.

If you think you're tired now, Josian, wow, just wait until you get the MIL moved. Try to find a little bit of a bright side . . . good exercise. Yep, that excess hair loss definitely suggests a trip to the Endo is a good idea. Don't put it off too long.

I've been eyeing the Greer Childers Body-Flex system for some time. Can't find it anywhere in Canada (Shopping Channel had it a couple of years ago, but not now) so I finally ordered it from her web-site. Starts out at US$33 for the resistance bar, 3 DVD's, and diet plan and recipe book; plus US$15 for shipping and handling. Can hardly wait to see (a) what it costs me in total and (b) how long it takes to get here. I'll let you know. Is anybody familiar with the product?

Anyway, gang. Have a good day of moving and shaking in the downward direction. And always remember that it was the tortoise that won the race, not the hare.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #154  

Morning everyone..im up early cuz its abeautiful day today sunny for a change also becuz this is alaska and the daylight hrs are longer now and sun woke me up..i tossed and turned all nite and coudnt get comfortable i almost blew my ww last nite.. i was just hungry and didnt want to deal withit but did not and im proud of me..meowee thats so true so ill go one step at a time and not look back thanks.. ive never heard of that exercise system.. youll have to let us know how it works for you..my dd and i had the new mcdonalds chicken asian salad last nite..not sure how many pts it was but i highly recommend you try it and u get a work out dvd with it ..the salad was yummy.. and i won $200 dollars last night..i gave my dh half and tucked mine away for a rainy day hope you are all having a good weekend(((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 04-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #155  
Pinkroses

Afternoon everyone. It is in the 60's and sunny, Another pretty Spring perfect day.
Hubby is at the farm again today. I am here all alone. that doesn't happen to often.
Doing laundry.
Had a pretty good night last night
However woke up with another burning headache.
Question:
Does anyone else wake up with those type of headaches?
Hope everyone has a good afternoon and night. PINKROSES
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #156  
Onward and Downward

Not quite sure how to describe it, guess it's a toning kind of exercise system and it can be done either standing or sitting (which is why it appealed to me).

Here's a link to the web-site so you can have a look.

clickhere
Old 04-29-2006, 10:46 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while... life has been busy....

I went to the doctor this week... my A1C was great... 5.5... but other things were out of whack... hadn't lost any weight since December (on his scales that is... I think i've gained a few and lost a few in that time...) he was really confused about my cholesterol and triglyceride levels because they almost doubled in that time... yes... I've been taking my meds....but then he saw my thyroid level... and it was way off...so he's increased my dose- changed me from synthroid to levoxyl (he had a certificate for 90 days free).... he said the thyroid being off is what had everything out of whack... funny thing is, I nor my friend had noticed my usual symptoms when it's off.. until after the appointment...

Jeanne I haven't been around to answer your call for any other Byetta users... I've been on Byetta since October. When I started on it, my A1c was fine...but the oral meds were causing weight gain no matter how hard I tried to lose... he started me on the 10! talk about some side affects, especially at first. I still have my moments...but I have learned some things that help me... I have lost 40 pounds since August, most of that since October.... so it is helping with that... Nausea is the biggest thing I've dealt with, especially at the beginning... I've learned that I have to eat some protein after taking it...before lizard spit my breakfast would be a piece of toast, or dry cereal (no milk) and a piece of fruit... now I have to be sure to add some cheese, yogurt, or peanut butter.... dont' need a whole lot, but do need some protein. Mexican food is sometimes tricky... and i've learned I can't have lettuce with the evening dose.... I can eat anything you want to put on a salad except the lettuce... spinach is ok... but if I eat lettuce I will have the foulest smelling and tasting burps... it's like it ferments in my stomach or something... (Byetta slows digestion, makes you feel full faster)... I have to eat smaller meals too or I'll get sick... if I eat too much, I'll throw it up... I've learned to watch for lows more closely with it... I've had my blood sugar drop down in the 40's and 50's a couple of times... I can't handle oj then though because I'm nauseous...so I'll drink a real coke (the only time it actually sounds good to me) to bring it up fast and then have some cheese and crackers or peanut butter or something.... When I travel I'm known to keep a jar of peanut butter and saltines with me... that way I'm covered at breakfast if I need it and to watch the lows.... I must admit, it was hard at first to give myself the injection- I had been on oral meds prior to this only... but it's not bad now... well, Jeanne, I guess I've thrown enough out there for now... can't really think of anything else at the moment... but I'll be glad to help anyway i can....

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #158  
creations

Sorry i haven't been around to post. Still can't get the scale to move. Morning bs has been aroun 115,
Did a craft show yesterday and my whole body hurts from carrying everything in and taking it out. Today I'm just going to a friends and rubber stamp.
Have a good day.
JUdy S
creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #159  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, babes . . . just came upstairs from my crafting room to warm my feet. Even though the basement floor is carpeted, It's still a little chilly on the tootsies.

Glad to see you back, Reba. We've missed you. Glad the A1C was good and hope the thyroid problem gets itself sorted out really soon.

Hang in there, Judy, the scale will eventually cooperate. Rest up from those aches and pains. What did you have on display at the craft show?

Nice and sunny around here again today, but not exactly warm yet. Although you can tell Spring is finally here and I just heard a lawn-mower (tractor-type) although looking at my grass, I don't think it will be ready to be cut for another week or so.

Anyway, have a great Sunday everybody. Keep on moving and shaking your way to better health. See you soon.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #160  

Morning everyone..sunny and cold here..finally had a good night of sleep..the dh was up before me now thats a 1st anyways feel great today sofar sl were 94 this am.. still feeling hungry all the time dont know why but am determined to stay on track.. many yrs ago a dr told me that if i wasnt hungry the diet wasnt working.. so i keep telling myself hungry is good..as i know im eating enuff of what i should have its just mind over food right my dd made some exercise cd's for me and i tried them out.. glad im a closet exercisers as i must have been a site this 300# plus 4ft 10 inch women dancing around her bedroom.. it was fun tho..love that 50-60's rock and roll..creations im curious too what kinds of crafts as i used to sell at bazzarrs to.. well not sure whats on the agenda for today but will check in later.. have a great day everyone((((((((hugs))))))) dance dance dance... rosey
Old 04-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #161  
creations

I make ragdolls,doll clothes,baby bibs and baby quilts. I also do rubber stamping and quilting for fun. Spent the afternoon rubber stamping greeting cards with a couple of ladies.

Judy S
creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #162  
Onward and Downward

Hooray, Hooray, the first of May . . .

Just dropped by to yank us out of the April mode and flick us into a more summery thought pattern . . . thought we'd be okay in one place until September. . . so here's a link to our new thread . . .

click here for new thread

See you there.

Last edited by meowee; 05-01-2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #163  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning everyone,,,hope your week-end was as sunny as ours,,,today it is kinda chilly and overcast,,,

RebaR,,thanks for all the input on the Byetta,,,sounds like it is really working for you,,and your weight loss is wonderful,,congrats on that,,,I notice that some foods are a no,,no with me also,,,mostly spicy,,my numbers are slowly coming down,,,maybe not slow really just seems like it for me,,,and I am losing wt,,,finally,,,and am on the ww program,,,I am on the 5mg,,,,I go in to the doctor in a few weeks don't know if he will change it then or not,,,my insurance is not paying for it so he is trying to help me out,,,if he has samples he will give them to me,,,don't think I will be able to stay on it if he doesn't,,,,insurance company sure can make you mad,,, anyway just wanted to say thanks and am glad to have heard from you,,,my fasting bs this morning was 125,,,really good for me,,,

Today is clean up day here,,,laundry,,dusting ,,,just getting ready for the work week,,,take care all and talk with you later,,,Jeanne
Jeanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Hi Jeanne . . . we started a new thread this morning . . . it's called . . .

Dieting with Diabetes - the Long Hot Summer. I posted a link to it in the post just before yours in here.

That's were we'll be for the next few months . . . hope we see you over there.

Linda