Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Lightbulb whew!

hehee HEY everybody I am a little slow and I was still posting in the thread for March seems my brain runs slower than my feet...didn't think that was possible! Cheers to a new month!

s.
suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, everybody . . . it's Tuesday and about 10:45 here in Nova Scotia . . . just thought I'd point out that I've figured out the date and time. It's also sunny and fairly cold . . . not what I'd call a pleasant spring day, but I guess we'll just have to settle for what we've got.

My BS was 5.9 (106) this morning which is a little high for me. Don't have any reason why, either. It had been up a little after my ice-cream and muffin episode last Friday which was to be expected but it had settled back down to the normal 4.5 to 4.9 (80 to 90) range the last couple of days.

My 'eat-less; move-more' activities have been right on track the past few days, too. We'll see what the scale- thinks tomorrow. Not expecting anything too great after that little afore-mentioned explosion in the middle of my week.

Looks like I'll be going back to work for a little while. I get these "please do a special project for us" requests a couple of times a year and I never have the heart to say no. Actually, I enjoy it and it's so nice to be wanted, but it does put a crimp in my 'retired-person, doing-nothing' activities.

Anyway, gang, keep moving and shaking in the right direction, and I'll be seeing you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #18  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Morning all!

I'm still having a hard time moving around due to horseback riding on Sunday, but it sure felt good to get out and do it.. (although my horse desperately needs a bath-I brushed her for literally an hour just to get enough dirt off her to get a saddle on!) My inner thighs and my abs feel it the worst! (no horse smileys, so a will have to work!

BS 112 this morning. I made a pot of "Sanity soup" this weekend and had a big bowl of it yesterday when the craving for something not so good (Like DF's orange marmalade cake out in the garage fridge). It helped fill me up so i didn't feel like I needed anything else.

I have a meeting tonight, in a pizza place. A very slippery slope for me, because everyone around me is munching and crunching away. I'll try to eat before I get there then snack on something healthy.

I better get cracking. Lots to do today and a late night to boot.

Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, everybody . . . wow, did I ever get a pleasant surprise this morning. After all my trepidation over the past few days, the scale decided to be very kind. I got to move my little 'running-cat' slider three (3) pounds to the right.

Helps to make up for the fact that it has been kind of cold and rainy so far today, although the radio is telling me we will see sun and a high of 10C (50F) later on. We'll just have to wait and see.

Another 5.9 (106) in the blood-glucose department this morning. Maybe this means that 16 units of Inuslin at night is a good levelling off place and I can cut back a little on my meal-sized bedtime snack. I hope so because I really don't like going to bed on that full a stomach. Tends to make me restless during the night. Not as restless as a 'hypo', though.

Well, gang . . . I have to run a couple of errands and then get started on my work-related project. I sincerely hope that everyone of you gets at least one pleasant and unexpected surprise today. Have a great time moving and shaking and heading in that downward direction.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #20  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Mornin' all!

WTG Meowee!!

I wish my metal monster would do the same thing, but it's stuck at 188. It's TOM too, that doesn't help. I'm switching BCPills on Monday so hopefully that will help with the bloating and weight gain! I need to lose again! My wedding is looming in on 7 months!

Lillie, it looks like we might be getting some property, about an hour north of Boise. Can't do anything with it once we buy it (wedding and such), but if we have it, we can get it started for our dream house! and barn! and garage!

Alright, time to get crackin'.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #21  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Hi all!

I hope everyone is doing okay this morning!

The metal monster was kind to me and dropped 2 pounds.! Woohoo! Only 10 more to go before I get back down to my "before bc change weight." It has been a struggle!

Keep the fingers crossed ! xxx

Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #22  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick little note to let you know I'm still out here but not feeling too well today. See you soon, gang.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #23  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Meowee, Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #24  

Morning everyone.. meowee so sorry you are not feeling up to your usual self..must be going around as i havent been well either.. and you can see i havent posted in a few days..some days are just better than others and im sure tired of hurting all the time.. like a big toothache ..i will discuss this with my dr at my next check up..maybe its my meds or one of them but ill bet its my body way of saying im just to fat.. and i know what todo about that..i just need to get with the program..we had 8 inches of snow and then it rained.. its a sloppy mess outside.. i finished the quilt for the benefit and am now working on the beaded jewelry..it feels good to do something to help someone else out..sooooooo what are all of you up to lately..and hows the food choices going..any more binges?? i guess its easier for me not to binge when i dont bring the foods home that i shouldnt eat..hope you all have agreat day (((((hugs))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #25  

Cool

Hi, all. Meowee and Rosey - sorry you're not feeling so well. Hope things get better. I just got back from the doctor's. My A1c is up to 6.2 from 5.4 and my microalbumin is way up (has to do with kidneys) so I have to go back on high blood pressure meds. Sigh. I've been bad lately with eating. Weighed in okay at the clinic last night but at the doctor's this morning I was up a lb. Got to nip that in the bud. My gym membership came through so I'm going Saturday to get started. Things are pretty boring at work. Gives me too much time to worry. Josian, congrats on the 2 lb loss.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #26  
creations

Went to the dr this morning. Blood pressure was up and weight was up .8. Have to get busy and exerisce. Went looking at 3 wheel bikes this morning. Maybe that's the answer. Just don't know.
Got up to 50 today,suppose to have rain tonite and tomorrow.

Judy S
creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #27  
No more tears!

is it good to eat reduced fat triscuits? for snack?
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #28  
No more tears!

we need to post meals that everybody eat a day.....lol
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #29  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Morning all.

I post my meals elsewhere... However, I will tell you that I stay away from anything "reduced fat"-just means chemically altered. IMHO! I also stay away from processed flour, sugars.. basically, I don't eat much pre-packaged stuff. If you want to know more, let me know.

I need to get back to the doc and have some bloodwork done, it's been about 9 months. I know, bad.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Still only a little whimper from me, gang. I still feel yicky and my BS is yicky too at 7.3 (131) this morning.

I think yogurt and/or fruit would be a better snack than triscuits which are too high in refined carbs and salt. Unfortunately, they are also very tasty.

See you all soon.