Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #136  

Morning everyone.. another pretty day here but still cold.. while in town yesterday a few snowflakes came with the wind im so ready for some warmer weather but at least the suns out..i bought some turkey breasts at the store yeaterday.. trying to eat more protein and so last night i ate as much of it as i could hold along with some coleslaw and 1 bisquit.. it sure filled me up and i wasnt hungry the rest of the evening rosetta.. am sry your new landlords invaded your space.. i didnt know they could do that..i can see why you are so upset..check into the leagalities of that..hope you feel better..josian.. sry u are grumpy some days are like that hang in there..meowee.. just keep at it.. it will come down sry you are bummed out..have fun crafting..jeanne.. i have heard of the byetta and i asked my dr about it and she didnt know anything about it so it must be new..i know theres others in this group that use it.. glad your #'s are coming down..not sure whats on my adgenda today..some house work for sure(ugh did i say that:fr) i bet i can find something else to do at any rate have agreat day everyone..(((((hugs)))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #137  

Cool

Hi all. Jeanne, I lost the weight between August and January on a medically supervised fast. It consisted of food supplements totaling between 500 and 800 calories, potassium supplements, regular weigh-ins and medical checkups plus attending weekly classes. It was expensive but worth it. I wish I were still on it because I have lots more weight to lose. I've signed up for a year's worth of maintenance classes to keep me vigilant and hopefully lose some more. Lately I've been having difficulty due to depression and all the stress in my life right now. I have to weigh in tonight. I usually weigh in at home and compare the clinic weight, but didn't do that today. Know it's going to be bad. Now I have a cold. I went to the gym last night but only stayed a half hour. I find the eliptical makes me tired easily. Hope I feel better for my next training session on Saturday.
Meowee - hope your day gets better. About the .8 gain, I wouldn't worry about it if you know you're on course. May be just water. Our weight fluctuates with the time and day.
Josian - hope your day gets better too.
Hi, Glen.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #138  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi out there . . . the sun hasn't managed to put in too much of an appearance yet, but it is supposed to get here soon. Hope that forecast is accurate, I really love to see the sun at this time of year. When the weather turns hot and muggy, some cloud cover is a good thing; but not right now.

After my partial meltdown of yesterday, I finished the day with an OK calorie count although, from the diabetes point of view I couldn't exactly call it 'well-balanced', a little too heavy on the starch and fruit. Anyway, I'm back in the proper groove this morning and planning to guzzle lots and lots of water to get things moving again.

Josian . . . obviously you didn't get enough "Skye-time" yesterday. Cheer up and try to be strong on the road.

Jeanne . . . that's taking care of the important stuff, girl. My BS was 4.8 (86) this morning. But I tend to go up during the middle of the day and then back down again before bedtime. I may need to start some insulin at breakfast time as well as at bedtime to keep things more stable.

Rosey . . . Good move, increasing the protein. Not only does protein help to keep you feeling full longer, from the diabetes angle, it also reduces the overall GI of your meal which helps to keep your BS more stable.

Hey, I just gave myself an idea . . . maybe I need to reduce my morning cereal and add some egg white and then have the other half of my cereal at bedtime . . . funny how things don't jump out at you until you see them written down, side by side, like this? Think I'll try it for a few days.

Rosetta . . . You try to cheer up and chill out, kiddo. I know it's hard. And I hope you get over that nasty cold really soon.

Well, gang, keep moving and shaking. Here's some to help us through the day.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #139  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning,,,and what a beautiful day today,,,,work was slow yesterday,,,think lots of folk are cleaning the yard and picking up after the snow has melted,,,wow,,,there are so many things under the snow when it melts,,,so anyway not a lot of drinkers out yesterday,,,,

My numbers are coming down slowly,,,had some good ones yesterday even two hours after eating,,,then my fasting was 202 this morning and that was so disapointing,,,,but all in all when I go into the memory of my meter,,,I can see the numbers getting better all and all,,,so will think of those and not the 202 this morning,,,today is another day,,,,and I am feeling very blessed today,,,,,

I am short on time this morning ,,still need to shower and get ready for work but wanted to say hi to all of you and thanks for the kind words,,,you all are great,,,,talk to you later,,,have a great day !!! Jeanne
Jeanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #140  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Morning all!

Quick post this morning, got up late cuz i couldn't sleep very well in my hotel room last night...

Anyway, I wish i could kick start my weight loss again... This stall is driving me nuts!
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #141  

Wink

morning everyone.. a very lazy day yesterday..not as hungry and im glad the turkeys gone..sl was 107 this am..its still cold out and no sun today.. the extra protein has really helped.. now if the scale would drop i would be sooooo happy..josian.. this may sound weird but it works.. maybe you need to eat more for afew days and then go back to the plan u are on.. it could jump start your metabolism..my girls do that when they have hit a plateau and it works for them..just keep at it..dont give up..meowee hows the h2o guzzling going are u sloshing yet..rosetta.. hope things are going better for you and are over that cold and your weigh in went well..jeanne glad that your numbers are coming down wtg.. have agreat day everyone((((hugs)))))) rosey
Old 04-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #142  

Cool

Hi, all. We're having spring weather here. Temps in the 60s. Weatherman promises hotter weather next week. Ugh. Still have my cold although feel a little better today. May have to cancel Saturday's training session. I just worked out a little on Tuesday and have some muscle soreness. It's good because I feel like I'm actually doing something. Was planning to go tonite but will have to wait until I get over this cold. Poor me. The weighin wasn't too bad last night. Up 1.6 lbs. Meowee -- I've been drinking extra water too. Helps move the cold germs out. Thanks to you and Rosey for your encouragement. Off to get some soup for lunch.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #143  
Pinkroses

Good evening. I am pooped and never did much to be pooped about. 2 loads of laundry and my 35 minute excerises. It was all I could do was to do them. Tee hee.
I haven't felt to good today. Tummy bothering me and trying not to get in the depression that keep treating me lately.
It is chilly here this evening; but it was a sunny day. One day here it is the 80's and the next it is in the 50's I don't like the really hot weather or the really cold weather.
I hope all you have a good evening and night. Rest up for Friday. Hugs Pinkroses.
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #144  
Onward and Downward

Good day to everybody . . . I was up with a little hypo about 4:30 so I ate an orange and watched a little TV and then went back to bed . . . consequently my day is all upside down today. Ate breakfast (the rest of it) at 11:00 and now it's almost 3:00 and I'm sitting here drinking water. Better go have something as a light luch or I'll be gorging on something bad before dinner time.

Other than that, the sun is shining and everything looks pretty good in my world. Hope all the rest of you are having a good day, too. Keep moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction, gang. See you soon.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #145  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

Still sitting at my stall. Rosie, I have tried doing just what you said, added more exercise, did Atkins induction for two weeks. Nadda. I think it's the hormones. I'm going to sit on it for another month. If I haven't lost anything by then, then I will contact my doctor and see what he wants to do. I really don't want to switch back to my old BC pills (I had breakthrough spotting with them) but I know I can lose weight on them. GrRRRRRR.

Alright, back to the drawing board...!

*hugs*
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #146  

Arrow

Morning everyone.. sitting here having another cup of coffee and watching it snow yup springs not here yet..today was scale day for me and no loss but no gain..thats 3 weeks on ww and -12 #'s.. i thought since i was sooooooo hungry all week that i would have lost something so im a bit frustrated..sl have been great tho 94 this am and i tested last night too to see what it was before dinner and was 107 so im doing well on that end..josian sry you are frustrated too maybe it is the homones.. just keep trying.. good advice for me too..meowee how do you know your sl to low when u are sleeping? do you just wake up and feel like poo?? well we are into the weekend and im craving stuff i know is bad..am going to bingo this evening and thats always fun..have agreat day everyone (((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #147  
Onward and Downward

Josian . . . keep the faith, kid. Everything will work out in the end. But I know those long plateaux can be very, very frustrating. Hope you see some action really soon.

Rosey . . . You've done so well in such a short time. Don't let this little slow-down get you upset. Twelve lbs. in three weeks is definitely the stuff of happy times not sad ones. To answer your question, I'm a pretty light sleeper in general. When I go too low, I usually wake up like I have to go to the bathroom and then discover that I'm sweaty and shaky and a bit disoriented, so I check my BS to be sure. Sometimes, I'll sleep through one, and then, of course, my liver kicks in a bunch of glucose and I wake up at a more regular time but with a BS considerably higher than normal.

Pink . . . Sorry I missed you earlier. Hope you're full of vim and vinegar today.

Have a good evening.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hello all,
there was a lady in the journals one day talking about a diet that you have so many carbs for breakfast, so many for lunch, so many for dinner, etc,
do you have any ideas , of what i'm kinda talking about?
thanks
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #149  
Pinkroses

Good evening everyone. I had a very busy day. Hubby took today off. We are getting ready to build a house soon hopefully. He went and talked to a guy this morning about loans. We are just starting on this. The guy said he didn't see where we would have any problems in getting a good loan.
Terry told him we were shopping around for loans now.
I went to the 1/2 book store , to Michaels craft store and to Wally- Mart and got grociers. I was in so much pain when I got back. I took 2 pain pills and went to bed and slept about 2 hours.
It was a beautiful day here. Not to hot . Not to cold .Perfect Spring day.
I hope everyone had a good day and will have a good night . Take care and have a good rest. Hope you all have a really good weekend. PINKROSES
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Campbellredhead . . . that really isn't much to go on . . . you could be talking about almost any diet out there . . . Sugar Busters, South Beach, etc. . . . or you could be talking about a diabetic exchange system. I don't participate in the journals so I can't help you too much with anything you might have seen there. Sorry. Perhaps if you sign on to the journals yourself, you can track things down. Or ask your general question on the Help Forum.

Pink . . . building a new house sounds like fun but a very big undertaking . . . lots of luck.

Last edited by meowee; 04-28-2006 at 09:18 PM.