Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 06:12 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #102

Again!!What a great group! We had fun yesterday-Brad took an ambulance ride to the hospital because he had numbness in his hand-for 2 days-and he felt weak. Heart tests turned out fine so far but they kept him overnight and they will do more tests to see about the tingling. His sugar is higher than usual. He has arthritis in his neck. The scare was because he's had 2 heart attacks. I am trying not to fear the future but I can'y help worrying. It's bringing back some bad memories from the past because my previous husband had a massive heart attack but he smoked. I have to stop that projecting-it's not the same. I tell people to let go-I have to practice what I preach. I reread my jornal and all the things I have been concerned about in the last 6 months have turned out fine except I didn't find my cross. But Brad is buying me one for my birthday. And it's only jewelry. Hope everyone is ok. Mima
Old 08-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Mima- I hope everything turns out good with your Brad. It is scarey when they get sick. I have been in the E/R more than I like with my hubby. He probably has been doing too much.
I had a quiet weekend. It was so hot and walking was not a thought yesterday
Hello everybody, waiting for the cool weather. You probably are already getting it.
Bye...Joanne
Old 08-19-2003, 06:38 AM   #3  

Brad is home and all the heart tests were ok. He's overdue for a stress test so he will have one next month and they are checking the arthritis in his neck--he's glad to be home. It could have been a lot worse. I am fasting because I'm getting my cholesterol checked , having breakfast with my girlfriend, and then going to massage. We bought a new showerhead that has massage in it- have one at the hotel so I know how nice it is, Hi to everyone. I saw an ad on the tv for a new IBS med-I'd like to try it but I am supposed to get a new arthritis med today. Mima
Old 08-19-2003, 10:26 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Mima- Glad to hear your Brad is doing ok.
Yesterday I decided to have a sandwich for lunch. I got out the lettuce and was stunned when my lost ring fell out of the lettuce. It must have slipped off my finger when I put the lettuce away. I am so used to wearing it ,I did not miss it till later in the day.
Walked yesterday- I was hurting so bad afterward that about all I could do was take a shower and go to bed. I must be really out of shape. That walk was no problem a couple years ago..
Hello everybody..How are you? Joanne
Old 08-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #5  

Mima..glad Brad is ok I worry about stuff too..just can't help it..I have always been that way!

Joanne..glad you found your ring and did not eat it!

The last set of sheets I ordered fit but I do not like them the color is Olive but looks like brown and they are 30o count cotton and I do not like the way the feel I like the 50 - 50 sheets better so will have to try and find them in 20 inch! The new bed is ok..kinda soft with the pillow top, you would think a 2,500 dollar bed would be great! Still to hard for me to handle making and flipping and the guy comes tomorrow morn to remove a grease spot they got on it and the replaced box spring will be here next week! Nothing ecver goes as you want it ..right gals

So far the dog has had 3 really good days...so it is day by day now. My energy level is way down, new it would hit from not eating enough and too much stress!

Trying to book a motel room for Sept to see my son. We went through Expedia .com..really cheap but they will not guareentee what we want. I do not like that cause then we are stuck paying for it since they bill your credit card up front and you have to cancell 48 hrs before. I called the hotee and they say they can never guarentee your request untill you get there no matter how it is booked. Poop!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 06:59 AM   #6  

I've gone through hotels.com but you have to pay up fron too-I think they are all like that. Was very satisfied with the hotels although one room was on the 3rd floor with no elevators-that was New Orleans. You pick your hotel yourself. You can look without renting a room on hotels.com. Finally a day home and my girlfriend is taking me out for dinner. Hi everyone. Sorry you hurt, Joanne . Doc gave me a new med to try-it's an antidepressant to take at night but I already take Desyrel so I don't get it. Have to call pharmacist. Bye for now. Mima-ps our dog has a hot spot that he is going after. Last year it cost us $200 to treat it. Mima
Old 08-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Mima- Often our Dr.'s will give us new meds without saying discontinue the previous med. They are so busy that they don't fully look at our list of meds. Call the Dr. by all means.
I have started a new quilt. It might take me a couple years to finish. I make a lot of my quilts by hand. The center sguares will be flower embroidery.The outside of the sguares will be a light print. We will see how it works. I will make it for a bed cover(Q).
Where is everybody. I guess the summer has wiped you all out.
I'll try to walk today...
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 08-21-2003, 06:17 AM   #8  

I have wanted to make that kind of quilt, Joanne. Is it a kit. I need a Florida project and my cousin's daughter is getting married-I need to make her a wall hanging like I made her sister. cHecked with doc-meds are to take 3 hours apart. Got bad choleterol news-up to 252 but HDL is 86-triglycerides high-called other doc but haven't heard back. I will walk today with Auntie. Went to dinner with friend. Fun.!Also, having nails done. It takes a lot of time to look good these days. Bye for now. Mima
Old 08-21-2003, 06:58 AM   #9  

Good morning. Just a quickie post to let you know I'm still around and following your "adventures" when I can. Mom has declined very rapidly. Found out three days ago she has a malignancy somewhere which has spread to her liver and which has been giving her much pain. She has been unable to speak for a week or so and couldn't tell us except by moans.

She was put on morphine finally after other stuff didn't work. Many of family were at her bedside last 36 hours or so. DH and I will be heading up shortly unless I hear that she has passed by then.

Still trying to watch what I eat (but not as hard). Some neglect to dh's diet and his last numbers were creeping up. I don't think this year has been very good to me so far. Have been thinking of talking to dr about something for stress, keep puttingit off. But yesterday I had a little Southern Comfort in my tea (very little). It did take the edge off.

Hope to be ack soon.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:38 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

Mima- I have only used a kit two times- My daughter bought them and was going to try to make them. Well I finally said I would put them together. She was at a loss where to begin. They were a disappointment. The fabric was not as nice as it should have been for the price. I design and cut everything myself. If I am going to put that much work in something I want it to last.
Anagram- This is a very stressful time for you. Try to take care of yourself and your hubby.It won't help anyone if you get sick.
I know it is not easy to make good choises when we are on the go. I have been there and done that many times.
We got rain last night and expect some more today. I won't complain...I didn't get to walk.
Weigh in tonight. I hope to at least turtle....Joanne
Old 08-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #11  

Angry Hi

Anagram - my heart goes out to you. You are right, you have not been having a good year. Sometimes it seems everything piles up all at the same time. I hope that your Mom doesn't have to suffer for long.

Joanne - I would love to try make a quilt someday. They are so beautiful.

Mima - Sure glad Brad was ok. What a worry.

Candice - Hope you get your bed straightned out soon. A comfortable bed is worth it's weight in gold.

Hi Meme and Ally. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:21 AM   #12  

Hi guys-so sorry about all your stress Anagram-There is no easy way to die or for someone to watch someone else. Prayers are the only thing that can give us comfort. And a little Southern comfort is good. Our thoughts are with you and our prayers too.
Hey guys-I got a great present for my 65th birthday. My son called last night to tell me that his wife is pregnant-I talked to he afterwards, This will be my second granchild-Alison is 13-she's the one with spina-bifida so lots of things to pray about there. I always wanted more granchildren-baby would be due right when we are ready to go home so if things are fine, we will stay til the baby is born-least I will. Oh well-that's far away. Hi everyone. How are you feelimg Anne. Hi Meme, Ally, Candice, Joanne. Joanne, I made 2 quilts out of kits and you are right, the cloth is not the same. Guess I will be making some baby things when I am in Fl.-Gonna be busy. Bye for now. Mima
Old 08-22-2003, 06:36 AM   #13  

Thanks for your support, gals.

Mom passed away yesterday. Funeral Monday. Will be AWOL for a while.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #14  

Default Anagram

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. It is a sad time, and moms are missed so much, but soon the happy memories will replace this sadness. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

Happy- You should start a quilt. It is a really relaxing hobby. Most of the work is in the top layer. I spend about a couple hours or so a day working on it. Watch some TV while I am doing it. I have never been able to just watch the idiot box without some kind of hand work.
Mima..You make me jealous. I have two G/children. I have always hoped that my son would get married again and have one. Not to be yet.
I gave the program at TOPS last night...I haven't spoke in front of a group in a long time. I was anxious and forgot a few things. It was on WW 's point system. Also pros and cons of WW. I will have to do more of this so I can gain more security. I gained 1/2 lb.
Anagram- I am so sorry for your loss. Just keep in mind that she is out of her pain and in a better place in Heaven. She will be looking down and watching over you and yours. Now , take care of youself.
Hello Alley,Meme. Candice.
Have a Great Weekend Everybody........Joanne
Closed Thread