Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #16  

Oh Anagram, I am so sorry. Mima
Old 08-23-2003, 02:19 AM   #17  

You have my sympathy Annagram on the lsos of your dear mother

We do not have king pillows but I'm gonna get some cheap ones at the dollar store to put in the shams. I use a speical pillow for my neck problems and DH likes his old one from years ago. I orded 2 more sets of sheets from Penny's and now I need to see if the old but still in good shape bedspread will fit..I think it will be too short but not sure. They are bring my new bed in 3 weeks..I get new one since they screwed up this one with the grease .

Finally some relief from the heat! Still picking cukes and zukes and tomaotes too!

I had my mammo yesterday and then went shopping...got two new pair of Birkies, the garden clogs and some sandels and then of to Kohl's for their big sale and spent way too much! Then off to Kroger for some food and got home at 2 AM and it took me untill 4Am to unload and put everything away. Needless to say I am exhasted now! Took a sandwich and snacks with me so ok on the food and water.

Trip is sept 5th and reservations are made but they still will not guarentee them and I taked with the hotle directly.

The dog is holding her own so far.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:23 AM   #18  

Good morning ! I had a nice quiet birthday but we are going out to eat tonight-bought my own cake!!Had them put Happy Bithday on it. And I lost a pound at TOPS so I got to wear the crown . I chaired the meeting but there were only 3 of us. So I wasn't nrervous like you Joanne-we are having an open house in Sept so maybe we can get some new members. There are only 7 of us. I'm almost at goal but I only had 8 lbs to lose. It's finally cool here. Going to pack for Montreal where we go on Monday.
Mima
Old 08-23-2003, 09:43 AM   #19  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMA
I always like the quiet birthdays. If there is a lot of fuss I don't get the time to enjoy myself.
I bet you are going to have a great time on your trip.
I gained 1/2 lb. One step foward ,a step back. I need to pay more attention to what I'm eating.
Candice- It sounds like you do all your shopping at night??
I bet your garden was really nice...I tried to have a garden some years ago.. What the bugs and squirrels didn't get I shared with friends. The little critters make it impossible around here. I had a neighbor that used to sit outside with a gun shooting them. We all got upset ,that lived close by, because we had small children playing in the area. We were afraid he was going to shoot someone.
Bye ...Joanne
Old 08-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #20  

I've gained nearly all my weight back that I lost at the beginning of the year! BOO HOO! Guess it's because I can't walk or do much of anything now ... with this ankle like it is. I started in K Mart last night, at first I thought I could make it, but I couldn't get past the van door. Well, I got one of my crutches out of the van and got part of the way down the parking lot and then I just gave up. I told hubby to just go on and get what he was going after because I couldn't do K Mart and then go through Wal Mart and get groceries, too. I just waited for him in the van. He got one of those cargo carriers that goes on the top of the van for vacation. We'll need the extra room since our daughter's family's going with us!!! By the time I got through Wal Marts I was pooped!

Anagram ... I'm so sorry about your mom. I know what you're going through - about this time last year I was going through the same thing. My mom died in July. You are in my prayers!

Congratulations on the weight loss Mima and especially on the coming event and happy birthday!

Candice, I'm glad the doggy is feeling better, hope it continues. You never know about these things, do you? That's why it's so hard to have them put down. You always wonder if they would've gotten better.

Well, I've got to get back to work. I'm having to do a little at a time in order to stay on top of things here.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:33 PM   #21  

So Sorry to hear about your mother Anagram....
Happy Birthday Mima.
I'm sure I missed some other news, just scanned your posts. I have been driving two hours each way all week to take care of my aunt who fell and is in the hosp. They think her Coumadin levels were too high....then they found she had bleeding and had to do first an endoscopy then yesterday a colonoscopy. I feel that no one is paying close attention. Her doc went on vacation...although the nurse was taking blood levels on the coumadin, who was reading them??? My brother is a gastroenterologist and says that coumadin can cause bleeding. It just all makes me so mad. Then she gets in a hospital and they ignore her there. The other lady in her room is deaf and today she told me that they are mashing up her pills in apple sauce so she won't question what she is taking. She refused to eat the applesauce, wanted to see the pills. The nurse was so mad. She comes back with high blood pressure meds and the old lady said "I knew it, this is new. You were trying to get me to take something without telling me". Oh, don't let me get old......
Old 08-24-2003, 05:19 AM   #22  

Meme.that is so right about putting animals down..you never know if they would have gotten better...but they said my kitty was already a gonner....so I am almost sure about that one but the dog is another story, none of her organs are failing just her arthritis....hummm..should we put you down? Why don't you drive one of those little carts to go shooping?

Alley..I hate hospitals you cannot trust them and you need someone looking out after you cause they do not! Good thing your aunt has you Bless you my child!

Mima..Happy Birthday........I'm not sure I would have had a cake if I had to by it

Joanne..that is awful about that neighbor shooting critters with your kids around I love eating my garden stuff but it is getting too hard for me to keep up I'm afraid Here is a geat recipe form the garden:

White gazpacho 7 (1 cup servings) 1pt

White Gazpacho (cucumber soup)

Serves 7

4 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock Homemade Vegetable Stock, or low-sodium
canned
2 cups sour cream
1-2 teaspoons coarse salt (to your own taste)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Chopped tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)
Coarsely chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional)
Chopped hard-boiled eggs, for garnish (optional)
Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)

1. In the jar of a blender, combine 2 cucumbers, 1 clove garlic, and
1/2 cup stock. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend the
remaining 2 cucumbers, clove of garlic, and 1/2 cup stock until smooth;
add to bowl.

2. Whisk in the remaining 2 cups stock and the sour cream, salt, and
lemon juice. Cover, and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up
to 4 hours. Place tomatoes, parsley, scallions, walnuts, eggs, and
cheese in separate bowls. Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with
desired condiments.

Last edited by Candicej; 08-24-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:16 AM   #23  

Hi guys-I am overwhelmed by my children's generosity-The boys chipped in and bought me a new digital camera-my old one is good but this is awesome-then they paid for dinner-I only bought the cake because it was in the store when I went shopping-lemon-then my daughter walked in with a cake and my son called on his way here about getting a cake!!!So I would have had 3-my daughter gave me some Avon products , the American Idol cd-and a little bear. It was she who told the other one that they should pay for our meals. It was nice!!!!Now back to normal. I'm sorry about your aunt, Ally. Sometimes pills look different because they are made by a different company but they are the same thing. The thing is that sometimes they put people on so many pills!!!My SIL's father takes `15 a day. Brad's mother was taking 12 and falling -she did much better when they took some away. Brad and I each take 7! Anyway, hope she's better. Hey Meme, don't they have wheelchairs in some of those stores that you could use while you are in there. Would hate to miss shopping. Bye for now Mima
Old 08-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #24  

I take 12 a day and that's not counting the aleve and darvocet plus once a week I take 8 methotrexate! I took Tylenol PMs last night and still did not go to sleep until after 4:30 ... then had to get up at 7:30 this morning - had all the kids and hubby's folks for dinner!

No ... I'm not riding in one of those wheel chair thingies until I just can't shop any other way. I had to do that for a while and I hate shopping that way. You can't reach anything and you can't get down the aisles to where you need to go. I hate those things. I'd rather stay home!!! UGH! Sometimes I feel like it's time to have me put down!!! But then my babies come along and wrap their arms around my neck and give me their sweet sloppy kisses and say the magic words that sooth my soul (I wuv you Meme)... and everything is better for a few minutes! Then they leave and I have the mess to clean up and eveything is back to normal!
Old 08-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #25  

That lady was moved from my aunt's room. See what happens if you stand up for yourself!!!!
My cousin is here now, so this week I get a break.
I feel bad for my aunt, but that drive took its toll on me. With this fibro I can hardly walk. And I need to walk!!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:24 AM   #26  

Here is a picture that Mima sent for me to post. I'm assuming that this is you, Mima ??? Nice looking lady ... and that plate of food is making me hungry!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 04:54 AM   #27  

What a nice picture Mima! Love your dress and the cake looks yummy too. Pretty lady...no wonder Brad picked you You look like a friend of mine.......................Sounds like you had a wonderful BD

Meme..thanks for posting Mima's picture and I rode in one of those carts when my foot was broken cause crutches tired me out to much fo long shopping..it was ok as long as I had someone with me to reach the stuff on the top shelves.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:21 AM   #28  

That was my lemon birthday cake of which I had another piece yesterday. We are leaving this am for Montreal and Brad has a wicked cold. Par for the course for him-he seems to get something everytime-bringing the zinc etc. Hope your Aunt is ok soon Ally-hi to everyone. Mima
Old 08-25-2003, 09:53 AM   #29  

Default Hey There

Mima- Your B/D picture is nice. The cake looks yummy- Have a good trip.
Meme- I would hate to use a cart in the stores for shopping. But that is what they are there for. Use it and to heck with everything else. You got to do what you got to do. It is nice when the G/children give us the love. Mine are grown but I still lap it up.It seems as we get older the Dr.'s try to press more and more medications on us.
Ally- Glad you got some help with your aunt. Take care of yourself.How are the boys doing? Have they moved home yet or did they decide they were big enough to make it on their own?
Hello Happy. Anagram, Candice...Joanne
Old 08-25-2003, 12:11 PM   #30  

There is another tiny little problem with the "carts" (as you guys are calling the wheelchair buggys) and me! Here I am in one of those, I'm 5' 9" and I weigh around 180 most of the time give or take 5 pounds. (This month it's GIVE!!!!!!! UGH!) And I carry my weight well ... so I don't really LOOK overweight at all. I have NO wrinkles so I don't look old. Just to LOOK at me you wouldn't know there was a thing in the world wrong with me so I don't LOOK crippled. So ... seemingly ... here's a perfectly healthy ... not overweight ... young ... woman in a wheelchair buggy. So everybody stares. I HATE THAT!!! I can just hear them thinking, "wonder what's wrong with her!" Then to top it all off - along comes someone (nosey one) that I know ... "OH ...What happened???" (I'm a very private person ... most of our acquaintances don't even know there's anything wrong with me!) So I have to launch into conversation and explanation about my personal life while blocking the whole asile for 20 minutes ... no ducking into another aisle and getting away from them! And that is liable to happen in Wal Marts here at least 5 or 6 times in one visit. Sorry ladies ... I'm just not going to put myself through all that! Once again ... unless there is just NO CHOICE - I'd rather just stay home! Maybe I'll become a recluse!
Closed Thread