Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:17 AM   #31  

Meme..that's what I do most of the time stay home and everyone thinks that is weird...We just can't win with our pain ridden bodies! Taint a bit fare is it?????????????
Old 08-26-2003, 09:54 PM   #32  

Mima...what a nice picture. You are sure purty.
Meme....I have a very overweight friend who is starting to become addicted to her father's scooter. She used it to get good seats at a baseball game. Last week she took it with us to a museum and really embarrassed me. She got stuck on one of the stairway elevator things. And she doesnt even really need it!!!!!
Joanne....one son is home. And wouldn't you know. I get the slob home first. His own room is so bad, he is sleeping in his brother's room. And the other one is in love He is paying a third of the rent with two other boys. He is home everyday...
My aunt is still in the hosp. They thought she had a tumor on her kidney. Get this....they did not read her chart. They did an ultra sound and told her they saw something on her kidney. She told them to call the Doc who removed it. They said "huh???? you only have one???" It ended up to be that they saw scar tissue.....
Old 08-27-2003, 10:16 AM   #33  

Default Hey There

Ally- Sounds like they have some really dumb people in that hospital. I used to tell my son,clean up the room or everything I find out of place (tomorrow) will be put in the trash. It only took one time of him going through the trash for him to know I meant it. Just male...His house gets in the same shape. He has a off and on girlfriend who must be the same.
Meme- I hope you can feel better and get some relief. I hate to think of you being homebound. Life is too short to not enjoy all you can.
Where is Happy? Hello Candice. I think Mima is on her trip...
Hello Anagram,How are you?
Bye, Joanne
Old 08-27-2003, 03:44 PM   #34  

Husband Survival Guide

This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!!

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some chocolate.

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!
ULTRASAFE: Here, have some more chocolate.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #35  

Yes, Meme. I do remember when your Mom passed away and you were doing so much for her before then and all you had to do afterward.

I'm back on the wagon. Went to pool yesterday and walked today. still hot so I waited until this evening and walked about a half hour. Getting in water and watching what I eat but probably eating at more "maintenance" than "losing" level. But I'll build back up to cutting down as time goes on. A little more teary today and not eager to get into the lawyer thing yet. Working bit by bit on getting ready for that.

Candice, I stay home a lot more than I used to as well. dh should get out a bit more too. We never seem to have the energy at the same time.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:43 AM   #36  

Did you all see mars?

Anagram..tears are ok...........it will take time.

Ally...talk about a hospital I do not want to go too!

Joanne..I just can't throw stuff away, always think I will need it late for somthing and sometimes I do

My son just got a jumpdirve...said it is really neat and replaces the floppy...I have never heard of it...he learned about it in his computer class.

Meme..that list would ot work for me cause I do not have to have choc but I do like it on occasion. However the fifty dollalrs would work for me most of the time

Had my physical yesterday..my blood pressure was 100 over 60 and my weight is normal too! Ok..good..but I still feel like crap! Too much running up and down the steps putting groceries a way!
Old 08-29-2003, 06:11 AM   #37  

Hi guys! We had a great time in Montreal. Be good to yourself, Anagram. Grieving takes a lot out of you but when you have seen someone die that has been ill, you know they are much better off, Brad got a cold on his way up and now I have it to. That's the price of being married. I did some research on my family and may have found my great grandfathers marriage certificate with information-that we were part Italian not English. Still need to do mopre-probably go back to the archives-that was great. Went to Notre Dame where my grandfather was baptised. Anyhow-great trip. Bye for now. Mima
Old 08-30-2003, 06:42 AM   #38  

Good morning-still not feeling well. At least I could call in sick at TOPS and not face the music. Got a note from the doc saying he wants to see me about my cholesterol nummbers. I have been fooling around with them for 5 years and they are still high. Drugs!!!That's the answer. But not one that hurts my stomache like Lipitor did. I don't think I am part Italian, I think they dropped a letter off the name Barsalo (u) because the first name was French. Daphine. I ahve been getting nowhere with an internet search and my family tree maker program wants MONEY! For everything. I will find a free thing. I will do a course-that will be fun!!Hope everyone is well. Hi to all. Mima
Old 08-30-2003, 10:36 AM   #39  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody-- Italian?Mima ,isn't it strange how much we find out when we start a search for family... I have some relatives in Ga. Long distance although their last names are the same as my maiden name. I went to investigate with my daughter a few years ago. When the fellow we were looking for got out of his truck and walked towards me I thought it was my father (long dead) . We talked for awhile and then his son gave me a e-mail address so I could write to his wife. She had made a search on the family. She never responded.
I am glad you had a good trip.. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have had a stiff neck with headaches for about a week. Just arthritis, I guess.
Where is Happy? She has been gone for awhile..
Have a good weekend you all...Joanne
Old 08-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #40  

Just a quick hello. Busy weekend. But have to tell you that they changed me to a new Doc for my physical yesterday. She is (I swear) 17, red hair and freckles with a nervous laugh. She told me I am amazingly healthy for feeling so bad. She did agree to check thyroid...my hair is falling out. Wouldn't it be nice to take a pill and lose some weight...I have my fingers crossed.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 PM   #41  

Ally... they did the same with me... TWICE ... told me it was borderline both times but wouldn't do anything about it. It would be SO nice to be able to just take a pill and be able to live a normal life (what ever that is).

I was doing pretty good with the ankle the last couple of days. Staying off my feet the first part of the week had helped a lot I'm sure. I got up this morning, felt pretty good...looking forward to the weekend. Have Ross and Jenna today through tomorrow eve. Going out to eat and shopping later today. Getting the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned and some wash done, nothing too big today, and then a nap with Jenna before doing town after hubby gets home. Then I sat down for a minute and was reading the kids a book. Well, Jenna hit my foot the wrong way and kind of twisted my ankle and sent me into fits of pain and now I can't walk. Go figure! Seems like I just can't win!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:46 AM   #42  

Can't sleep.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:13 AM   #43  

Feel better Meme. I finally feel better today and got 9 hours sleep last night which is great. Daughter cane over-she broke up with her boyfriend-again! We went for a walk and that probably helped me sleep. Where is Anne? Bye for now. Hi everyone. Mima
Old 08-31-2003, 08:00 AM   #44  

Don't post here ..go to Fibro #3
Closed Thread