Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #168

Good Grief, where the heck is everybody. Are we closing our thread down??? I sure hope you are all ok.

Mima - glad that the chiro helped you out. Pain is so darn awful and it just plain wears a person down. Hope you did ok with the gastro Dr. as well. Glad your aunt is doing ok.

Tammy should be back today or tomorrow. I sure hope she enjoyed her trip. It is a beautiful area she was going to. I sure enjoyed my trip when we went there.

I think my back is back to about 80% better. I will go see the chiro again of Tuesday and I have an appt. to see the Cardiologist on Wednesday. I had the ECHO done and I have also gotten rid of the Mammogram and Bone Density test. I must be set for awhile. I sure hope the ECHO came back nice and clear.

Hi Mima, Joanne and Meme.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #2  

Hello everyone!!! We are in Dickinson, ND, tonight. We are at a Holiday Inn Express. I really like these. We won't be home until the 28th sometime. Tim brought his computer, so I thought I'd check in with all of you. He's nice to share.

You guys are way too quiet!!! What is going on? Hope everyone is ok.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #3  

I know Tammy-get after them!!!
I went to gastro on Thurs and had an interesting diagnosis-could be a rectocele but I have to go to gyno to see, I also have to have a colonoscopy on July 2.I have hope that they can do something although the prep work is what I gread. That's like a hernia in the colon bulging into vagina-more info than you want to know.
Can't wait to hear about your trip. Tammy.
I sue hope your tests are ok Anne.
I am going to teach Sunday school this morning. Not every week though. I am getting stressed-told Brad we need to do something in July.
Bye for now. Mima-Meme-just say hello so we will know you are ok. Mima
Old 06-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Florida is hot hot hot.. The humidity is thick. I still get out twice a day and walk Christy. She is waitng for me now. I walk her about 11 am and 6.30 in the evening.. That saves my nerves more than I can say and I get in 3 miles myself..
We went out to eat last night for DIL birthday. We ended up leaving before we were seated. Our son has a bug and felt awful. I told him he should have just called it off early. We can do it another time. I hope we all don't come down with it. My brother in law had it last week. My sister may be next. I hope not. Her heart condition is so bad that it could be a bad thing for her.
I really hate those stomach bugs..
I found a Avon lady.. Now the hubby is gritting his teeth. He knows I will spend the money...Tough..He wants to save every dime for the kids. They don't need it. They have more than we will ever see in 2 lifetimes.
I hope everyone is well. Come on back Meme..We miss you...Joanne
Old 06-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hello! I am new to this thread but not new to fibromyalgia;I was diagnosed when I was a teen. I also contracted Lyme disease and that has been a real challenge. I hope to get to know you all here.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #6  

hello Soulbliss-do you have another name?
I have had fibro since my 20's myself. And I am 68 now.
Joanne-that is so great about walking Cristie-Cassidy used to get us to walk in FL but we did get in a habit to walk ourselves-but it's gone now.
I love Avon-used to sell it. I haven't liked the books lately but I get little things like nailpolish. It's fun. As for leaving money-it's what we don't need. People live longer-and if you wind up in a nursing home-who's going to get the money then. So have fun-The kids will hopefully share your house-that's worth a lot. Our savings is down because we spent so much money on the apt. We need to sell the camper. Brad is waiting for his bil to move the camper so he can power wash it. And fix the inside. I want it done sooner than later before the season is over. It's worth at least 10,000. that will be the price for Suzanne's wedding whenever that will be. She's also hoping it's sooner than later-she's going with someone now and I will meet him on sat.
I ate scallops yesterday and have had a stomache -ache ever since. i am keeping a food journal for the doctor. Too rich. Butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bad!!
Wonder what the electric bill will be for FL-we put a humidity gauge in the lr.
Hey tammy-have fun.
Hi meme, Anne.
Mima
Old 06-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

Welcome Soulbliss- My G/daughter will get her RN degree in April. I am a retired nurse so I have to say I have sympathy for both of you. It is not easy outthere.It is just many long hours of hard work. I am the oldest of the group here. I don't have fibro but osteoarthritis and some heart problems.
Mima- It is easy to get out of the habit of walking. I did for about a year. Getting Christy for Christmas has solved that. She always knows what time it is to walk and eat..Pugs will eat as long as they can get food. I measure and limit her food carefully.. Pugs can get really fat otherwise.. I am not fond of a fat dog that can't breath right .
Yes the house will probably be all they will get and maybe not that.. I have said if my hubby goes first I will sell everything and downsize..What is left they can share. I hope that by that time they can get along long enough to do that. They stay at war with each other. I have tried to get them to mend but they both just dig in their heels. It is all so petty..
Tammy- You must be home and wondering how to get back into a routine.. Hope you had a good vacation...
Hello Happy- Hope your back is better.. I have been full of aches and pains lately. I try to ignore them..
Joanne
Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #8  

Welcome to our little thread Soulbliss. I have OA and FM along with Atrial Fibrillation and Emphezema. This getting old is for the birds Just join right in.

Hi Mima - sorry you have any upset tummy. Rich food does me in all the time, since I no longer have a gallbladder. Some people it bothers and others are ok. Hope you get your camper sold.

Hi Joanne - Glad that you are getting all the walking in, again. Little pups are good for motivation, that is for sure.

Summer is having a hard time getting here. It has been the rainiest spring and beginning to summer that I can remember. Plus the fact that it is not all that warm. All this dampness plays havoc with my OA and FM, that is for sure.

Have an appointment with the cardiologist on Wednesday. Want to get some meds checked and he is a new Dr. for me.

I wonder what has happened to Meme?? She must know that by now we will start to worry about her. Hope she is doing ok.

Everybody have a nice day.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 AM   #9  

A quick hello-Brad is having a stress test and I am going to keep him company.
Our electric bill in FL was only 13-but I guess everything is working ok.
Hot today but we have had a very cool June.
Bye Mima tummy is ok
Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #10  

Default Hey There

Mima- You must have a mobile home... My electric is always in the hundreds..I could only walk half the distance today. 89 degrees.. They have said rain. It rained all around us yesterday..I AM SICK OF THE DRY WEATHER..
Tops tonight.. The scale is not where I want it.. I guess I need to be more careful.
I wonder where Meme is..
Hello everybody... Joanne
Old 06-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #11  

Yes, we are in a mobile home and the humidity is set on 50% and the temp on 85. The bill here is way up there.
I am having my colonoscopy on Monday and I dreamed I was doing the prep last night so now I have to go through it twice!!!!!!!!!!Ha
Going to an Art class this am. I didn't know the group in the paper was an actual art class-right down the street.
My daughter has a new boyfriend and I will meet him tomorrow. We are going to a cookout at Bobby's.
It's nicer today. One of my hydrangea bushes is blooming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi to all < Mima
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #12  

We arrived home on Thursday night, but we were busy doing laundry, sleeping, and going to the grocery yesterday. I am totally pooed out from the trip, but it was beautiful! Mt. Rushmore was very busy when we were there, but I am glad that we went. We saw Old Faithful at Yellowstone, and it was just ok. I don't know what I was expecting, but I felt a bit un-American that it didn't thrill me that much. lol My favorite part was the Badlands in South Dakota. At least I think that's where they were! We were so many places, I was getting confused. Things were tense different times with Bob and Tim. They are so much alike, and they butt heads at times. It is always nice to go away, but I am glad to be home.

Mima, I taught Sunday school a few years ago. I only did it for a year. I didn't like have to discipline kids there since I did it all week at school. I had the 5th and 6th graders, and I honestly didn't enjoy it at all. Some of the kids were just downright rude. Going through the prep for the colonoscopy twice is no fun even if once was a dream!! Let us know about the new boyfriend!!

Joanne, I remember being in Florida last June when we went to Disney. I don't think I could live there during the summer. It's bad enough in Ohio with the heat and humidity. I need to get out and walk Kramer more than I do. It would be good for both of us. Good for you getting out with Christy. Glad to hear you found an Avon lady. I need to get a new book from mine. Since we moved and I retired, it is becoming almost a pain because we live in different towns now.

Welcome to Soulbliss!!

Anne, how was the appointment with the new doctor? Hope all is well.

And just where are you Meme???

It is pretty cool this morning. 57 degrees. I have the windows open in the family room, and my toes are nippy!! I just wrapped up in a blanket. Everyone else is still in bed, but Kramer came to get me about 4:30. Way too early. I'm sure he is into a new routine after being at the doggy hotel for 2 weeks while we were gone. BUT 4:30????????????
Old 06-30-2007, 06:41 AM   #13  

So glad you are back safe and sound, Tammy. It will take a few days to unwind-that was a busy trip!!!
I had another dream about the prep-I just want to get it over with. Maybe only one bottle of magnesium will help-the other phosphate???
Going to a cookout at Bob's-won't be able to eat much but I will have one margarita-that's not on the list to avoid.
Went to art class in town-really nice people. then went to lunch with them. Not really sure I liked the teacher-she told me to do something with my painting that was wrong. We will see. You can actually go there 2x a week. I am so glad I found that. never knew that the Artist's circle was actual classes.
Making a trifle for Bob's party.
Suzanne was picking up bf yesterday from airport, but his flight was delayed because he was coming out of Dallas where there was flooding. He went down that way for reserves.
Think I will work on the painting this am.
Hope you are ok-Meme.
Mima
Old 07-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #14  

Mima, you have to stop dreaming about that!! lol Glad that you have found the art class. I know how much you enjoy that. Did the bf finally get in from Dallas?

My brother, SIL, and niece left last night for London. Scares the crap out of me with all that is going on over there. Tim was over there a couple years ago when those bombings happened, and I just felt so helpless.

A friend of mine from way back in high school has had fibromyalgia for years. I just had a message from her that she has uterine cancer. Surgery soon. Please keep her in your prayers. She has been through so much. She lives in Arizona. I wish I was closer for her.

Slightly overslept this morning, so we missed church. I hope I get some energy and some get up and go soon!!

Hope you are all doing well!!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #15  

HAPPY CANADA DAY, ANNE!!!!!
Closed Thread