Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 12:53 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #88

This has been a really rough week for me. Getting off the heart meds. is worse than I thought it would be. I just got dressed and made the bed this morning and my pulse skyrocketed to 112. Needless to say, I didn't do much the rest of the day. Then, hubby brought home dinner tonight, so I went in the kitchen, ate and threw away the containers and sacked up the trash...I could barely breath. I took my pulse and it was 120! He said get in there and sit down before you have a heart attack! I'm shaky and have had a headeache nearly every day, too. I'll be glad when this is over...I hate not being able to do ANYTHING! I haven't been out of the house all week...about to go crazy!
Old 02-22-2003, 07:29 AM   #2  

Oh Meme=I hope your ordeal is over soon. Joanne-I got it in a health food store and the brand name is Keto=Keto cocoa crisp-110 calories a serving-4 grams of carbs-no sugar-they also make low carb pancake mix. Candice-I called an 800 number to find out where I can get Diet Rite soda-Waist Watchers also makes one with Splenda-Today I am going to use my Atkins bake mix-it was only $12-yuk. I'll let you know. Brad went to collect some money owed us and the guy would only pay half because he said Brad hadn't done something last time he fixed it. Business!!!!That's the guy that drives us crazy-called while we were in FL-Brda said he would recoup his money in other ways-he needs more work done. He has pd other bills before.Oh well-had to vent. Brad still is sick but actually taking the day off. Be good ladies. Mima
Old 02-22-2003, 09:47 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

Thanks Mima-- I will look for the cereal.
meme- I must have missed something. Why is the Dr. taking you off heart meds? I have been having some dizzy days. I am fine until I move my head. It must be a inner ear imbalance. My B/P is up a little too. Like everything else I will wait for it to pass.
The weekend is here and rain is predicted. I hope we get it. It is warm and windy outside .
Hello and bye all...Joanne
Old 02-23-2003, 07:17 AM   #4  

Well it's raining here too but almost freezing and there is ice on the trees. We are definitely spending 2 months in FL next year. I'll save all year for it. Brad is doing better and we are off to church this am. Meme had to go off the med to get on another, right? Hi to all-hope you are having fun Anne. Baked some Atkin's bread-yuk- I had Cheerios for breakfast today. I know I'll get the cravings but Soy gives me hot flashes. Bye for now Mima
Old 02-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #5  

Yep...that's it. I have been taking Inderal for 25 years. The Dr. thinks that may be one thing that is making me so tired. They changed it to verapamil. My heart has been beating so fast the last few days that if scared me silly! I started the new meds. early...couldn't take the fast heart beat and not being able to breathe. I wasn't supposed to start until Monday but there was no way to contact the Dr. and I was afraid to wait until Monday!

I'm actually already feeling some better. I went to church this morning. I got up earlier than I usually do so when my pulse went up over 100 I had time to sit down for a few mintues and get it back down. I did fine, even went out to eat. I just have to take it really slow and that's sooooo hard!
I only have 2 speeds - fast and faster!
Old 02-23-2003, 04:27 PM   #6  

Meme..that mus be really scary for you. Hope this all gets straightened out. And I hope you don't have the little ones to take care of...they make my pulse race.
I drink Waist Watcher. I remember reading that Fibro people need to stay away from artificial sweetners.
We just got a new Tops market about a quarter of a mile from my house. I might end up there every day. Things are all new and shiny. I bought a rotisserie chicken.
Painted my bedroom...saved the worst for last. I feel like a truck ran over me...
Old 02-23-2003, 09:30 PM   #7  

Hope you get your pep back soon on the new med, Meme.

I had a lovely relaxing day today (all too infrequent). Thin I earned it on Friday - came down in the a.m. to a kitchen floor covered with water. Thought it was ice damming or something like that , mima. Turned out it was my ice maker. Repairman and money took care of problem but I did so many stairs and had to climb up and move suspended ceiling tiles, etc. to find shutoff. What a mess.

Yesterday I took hair dryer to freezer to get icycles out of it. But today - aah! Need more days like it. Arthritis has been on the verge of a flare with all this bad weather and then the icemaker stuff (not to mention dh and his situation). I do go to dr. next week and think I'll be glad to see him. Since I always feel good the day I go in (hehe).

So cold again tonight and windy but at least that's not snow or rain.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:28 AM   #8  

My son is still not moved in yet and I hope he can wait for the better weather..cause he will have to drive a bit to get to school and work and he is in the lab untill 3AM some times! He is going for some med school interviews in March..DH will go with him..traveling is just to hard on me for an overnite trip. I am traveling through all of your eyes!

meme....what is makeing your heart race?????????????? Tell Dh to stay away

Ally..bought some sale Valentine's day candy and thought of you Just one piece at a time

I do not know how you all get on here and post when you are under the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel better soon :

Hi anna, Joanna, mima and Yappy

Last edited by Candicej; 02-24-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:53 AM   #9  

Good morning-yesterday's storm turned into ice and our front yard is treacherous. Can't remember a winter like this . Course, I have been in FL for the last 3 years.Anagram, you are having as much fun as we are. Ice has now sent water to another spot where it is coming in-can't do anything about it right now and we are in for another freeze. At least I'll be away from house problems for 9 days!!!!!!Ate an egg and a pece of soy bread for breakfast-we'll see. I have been off the low carb diet and really feel it but it was good to eat fruit again. But not that muffin I had. Found diet rite soda in a supermarket yesterday!!!It's only .89 for a 2 liter bottle. Feel better soon Meme. Car is being serviced today so I'll catch up on housework. Bye for now Mima
Old 02-24-2003, 11:35 PM   #10  

Had a good day again today. Two in a row! Other than hurting from all the weather changes (will spring never come?) I felt really good. Took a good walk in the street today (sidewalks icy again from refrozen melt). Seem to be gaining a bit on the backlog of work to be done - of course, I know it will always be ahead of me.

Board very quiet today. I managed fairly well on food today too after a few too many goodies yesterday. Not way overboard but enough.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:37 AM   #11  

Candice...if I didn't get on here everyday I'd go nuts! Even when I'm feeling bad, I check my mail, etc. Even though we live really close, I "talk" to my kids via email every day...especially my daughter. Like today, she emailed me about 6 or 7 times from work! I hate to call hubby at work...his secretary usually has to go find him...so I just send an email. He checks his about 3 or 4 times a day so I know he'll get it! And my son, if I didn't email him I wouldn't hear from him but once a week...maybe not even that often. I honestly don't know what we did before computers! I can't imagine my life now without one!

The heart has slowed down a bit. I went to the store after dinner. Good to get out of the house for awhile. I went to church yesterday. It still speeds up if I hurry and when I climb up the stairs...I just have to sit down and wait for it to slow down.

We are supposed to get a snow/ice/rain storm starting about 1 or 2 a.m. and not ending until Wednesday. YUCK! Like anagram, I want SPRING!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:57 AM   #12  

Hi there-I had to be grateful yesterday that we have money to pay for it-my car cost 700 to be serviced and fixed- I want all our extra money to work on the house! Bit they did check it over before the warranty is up and I have no other problems-you always pay for brakes-no warranty on those. Well-I'm safe/ Have to go to the big city today-I am feeling better-I think it's my sinuses -I am allergic to so many things including soy. I probably shoul just stick to my regular diet and deal with the cravings. Bye for now-will spring ever come-we all are wondering that!!!!I love sending e-mails to my son in FL-sometimes he answers it and sometimes he doesn/t-he also sends pictures. Mima
Old 02-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #13  

Well, I guess two good days in a row is about all I'm going to get. Woke up at 4:20 this a.m. to pay homage to the Porcelein Goddess. Working to keep down some tea and a cracker. Went to bed with nausea/tummyache and had some chills before that.

Hope it's over quick. Today is dh's only non-medical day this week, therefore our "day off" and we were going to go out to lunch, etc. Do whatever we could find to be out for. Sigh.......

Add me to the list of people who would hardly ever hear from son if it were not for e-mail. We're on different timetables and I'm usually asleep when he's ready to talk (certainly true through all his teen years), so I seldom bother to call him even in an emergency. I don't send any to work unless it is more or less an emergency but I sure know it's the best way to reach him (unless he's travelling, of course, but even then he usually has a computer with him). I'll also call him at work if it's important enough but in his offwork time, computer is much better way to get a response.

Back to Barfville and my recliner.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:05 PM   #14  

Default Hey There

I don't know why it is that so many people are getting sick this time of the year. I have had a inner ear imbalance for nearly a week. I am dizzy till afternoon. I was told today that a lot of people are getting it. I haven't been able to walk like I want for exercise because I am afraid to get out on the roads alone and fall. What a mess!..I hope you all are feeling better soon.No vomiting thank God on the end of the world.
It was a pleasant 70 something degrees today. Hope the ice and snow eases up soon for most of you
Joanne
Old 02-26-2003, 02:39 AM   #15  

Do you guys ever watch the weather channel? You should see what is coming our way! We just got through with a round of snow and ice today, another one is coming tomorrow, then another is moving in from the west after that one. What a mess. We only have 2 more school days set aside for weather, then they have to either take it off spring break or go longer at then end of the school year.

Headache...going to try to sleep...which I DIDN'T do last night. I had been asleep less than 2 hrs. when hubby came in and woke me up BEFORE 6 A.M. to tell me schools were closed!!! I could have slept another hr. and half...daughter would have called me before she brought Ross over! I told him if there's no school tomorrow DON'T TELL ME! Right now, it's supposed to be 2 hrs. late but if we get what they say we are going to they will be closed all day.
Closed Thread