Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #166

Good afternoon.

Mima - have a safe trip. Hope you enjoy yourselves. I imagine it will be HOT in Jamacia, so I hope you can stay cool. Hope you took along some food that you KNOW you can eat (snack type things) just in case you run into problems. My girlfriend just informed me that PECTIN is good for IBS. You just sprinkle it on your food. It might be worth a try.

Tammy - I will post the diet for you. It isn't hard to follow, but it does take a little bit of work. If I can do it, anybody can. It does effectivley kill all your cravings. It's just the first couple of days that are hard. You will feel achy and have a headache from your body detoxing. The ache is like FM.

Hi Meme , Joanne and Chris. Hope you are all having yourselves a good day.

No hubby home tonight, so I don't have to cook Just need to eat my soup, salad and veggies. I love having that piece of bread for supper. I have been making a smoothie in the morning for breakfast. I use raspberries, Strawberries and my 5 TBLS. of YOUGURT, I blend them together, then I add some frozen strawberries and blueberries, because I like it THICK!!
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #2  

Inner Klean Diet

This is for 6 days. You can eat all the fruit and veggies you can hold. Also, a broth of carrots,celery,parsley and spinach is made. Just use the broth and toss the veggies, as all the nutrients are in the soup.. You can add V8 juice to it, and that REALLY helps.

Breakfast - fifteen minutes before eating, squeeze the juice of a lemon into a medium glass of hot water and drink it.

Have 8 0z of grapefruit or orange juice (freshly squeezed or from concentrate).

Cottage Cheese or Yogurt - 5 level tablespoons, no more, no less.

One half pound of fresh fruit. You can eat more, but at least 1/2 lb. No Bananas or Avocados.

Between breakfast and lunch, drink all the fruit and vegetable juice and broth, you can
hold.

The more live food you put down, the more thorough will be the cleansing. The broth you make is full of minerals, and therefore, you drink lots of it.

Lunch

Vegetable Broth - Drink 2 cups during the meal.

Salad - make a chopped salad of fresh raw veggies. Use a dressing of COLD PRESSED Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and salt. Eat at least 8 level tablespoons of salad, more if desired.

Dessert - fresh fruit

Beverage - 8 oz milk if desired

Between lunch and dinner drink all the fruit and vegetable juice you desire. Eat all the fresh fruit and veggies you want. Fill up, it's medicine for you.

Dinner 2 cups vegetable broth

cooked vegetables with a little butter.

Bread - 1 medium slice of whole wheat bread with a little butter.

Dessert - salad of fresh fruit

If you feel hungry after dinner, eat fresh fruits and veggies and drink fruit and vegetable juices and vegetable broth.

Allowable veggies: Artichokes, Asperagus, Beans, Beets, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Celery, Egg Plant, Frsh Green Corn, Fresh Green Peas, Green Peppers, Kal, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Orka, Onions,Parsley, Parsnips, Pumkin, Radishes, Rutabagas, Spinich, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips. NO POTATOES.

What to expect from the diet:

The first day you may feel slight discomfort from having changed your regular mode of eating, but do not allow this to disturb you for it is natural. About the third or 4th day, the bowels and kidneys will begin to move freely (not diarrhea). Much toxic material will be passed. There will be symptons of headache, perhaps nausea, gas, a few aches and pains, but do not become alarmed. Nature is merely cleaning you out.
These symptons are quite natural and to be expected. About the fifth day you feel a surge of energy. You will be surprised at yourslef. Your complextion will have cleared up, your eyes will begin to sparkle and you well feel wonderfully clean inside. The little cells that were so full of toxins are now clean and they begin crying out for other food. Continue on until the end of the 6th day.

NOTE: If you start this diet STICK TO IT. Don't try it one day and then quit. Follow instructions and reap a wonderful reward of health again.

Recipe for Vegetable Broth. (Hot of cold)

Take 7 carrots and smallbunch of celery and cut fine. Place in 2 quarts of hot water and boil for 15 min. Add one-third of bunch of parsley and a large handful of fresh spinich, cut fine. Boil for 10 min. more. Drain off the juice. Flavor with Onion Salt of galic. May add Tomato juice or v-8 juice to it.

The above recipe makes about one day's supply. The purpose of this broth is to FLUSH. Drink lots of it during the six days. It is full of minerals from the vegetable.

No coffee, tea or water. Drink only fruit and vegetable juice and vegetable broth.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #3  

Anne, I'll copy that and give it a try. I hope I can do it! I get so used to just grabbing things so I'll have to really watch it for those days. wonder if I could convince Bob to try it?

One of Bob's friends uses pectin for his arthritis and swears by it. I've never tried it.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #4  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been in a lot of pain. Knee is killing me. The ortho PA wanted to wait till today to see if the cortisone would kick in. Well obviously it hasn't so I called him to let him know. They are scheduling an MRI. I am now waiting to find out when it is. I have totally given up bowling for the rest of this season (only a few weeks left) and the summer. Breaks my heart. I don't go anywhere. I can't stand to go to the bowling center and watch hubby. I am so bored when I do that. I did go tonight to a lady's house and look at her birds. It was an hour's drive one way. I wasn't impressed with her birds at all. It really wasn't worth the drive. Came home and went to bed for a while. I have really blown my eating. I have pigged for days now. Depression does that to me. Need to find something else to do instead of eat. I am sure I have gained all I lost last week back and then some. Oh well.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #5  

Chris, I'm sorry to hear that the knee isn't any better. I know how much you enjoy bowling, so that has to make things worse. Take care and know that we are all thinking about you and praying for you to be better. Meme's advice is good. I hope you'll do it!!

Meme, I think Ross is very lucky to have you!!! I've heard of that way of waking up with some of the students that I've had. I agree with you about a 10 year old shouldn't run the house.

My TOM finally started. First time since January. Very crampy and irritable, but I'm dealing with it. We're even going to go to a movie this afternoon! Haven't been to a theatre in years!! I guess it's a little date for us. lol

Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

Another week almost gone.. I think sometimes if I didn't look at the date on a paper I wouldn't know what day it is.. There will be a craft fair here this weekend. I will walk down and look around. It will be in a park just a mile away from my house.They have it there every year. Things are so expensive I seldom buy anything.
Tammy-I stayed on S/B all last week and lost the 5 lbs I gained. Now I want to lose 8 more.That will make the 7% of my body weight.I need to find some foods and ways to make it less boring now.I eat a lot of egg beaters ,sea food, beef, chicken,and a little pork and cheese,and ofcouse salad.
I can relate to your stomach problems. That is part of my IBS problems.
Chris- The Dr. should consider a knee replacement. With that and losing more weight It should get rid of some of your pain.Ofcourse he may not do it if you are too heavy.. My sister had that problem. They won't even look at her in that respect. There are days when she can hardly walk at all. Ofcourse she has severe heart problems so her chances of any surgery are out now.Meme is right. Find ways to take you away from the foods. I do crafts,go shopping or take walks. Anything to get away from the frig.
Meme- I hope things with Ross will settle down. I hope the Dr's can find a medication that will work for him. His parents are lucky to have you to help.
Happy- I think Spring was skipped and we are into summer..Your diet sounds like a lot of work.. I will stick to S/B. I know a lot of people can't ,but, it is easy for me. I like easy.. At 74 and 81(hubby) we tend to get into that way of living..
Have a Great Weekend Everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #7  
A matter of time

Thanks for all the kind words. I just finished the bills and well there isn't any money for me to go buy myself something nice to help me feel better. If there were I would as I think that is great advise. Right now I am house bound. My Lexmark printer died (yet again) and Lexmark is sending a new one...only the 6th or 7th time I have had a replacement (I lost count). I send the old back and they are indeed finding something wrong with them...and always something different. If I had to go buy a new printer it certainly won't be Lexmark. I was home all day yesterday and left at 5:30. Wouldn't you know it, UPS tried to deliver after I left. So today I am staying put so they can deliver. Still haven't heard when the MRI is. The longer it takes for them to call the worse I feel. Just not feeling real good about anything today.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:33 AM   #8  
A matter of time

My MRI is April 9th. The PA told me he would have me an appointment in a matter of days. He also said they lease the Imganing Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Appointment is on a Monday. Lied to again....times 2. Nothing more upseting than being lied too.

Printer finally came at 6 pm. So no grocery shopping today. I will have to do it in the morning. I only had 6 slices of pizza for dinner. Talk about eating to much. Problem is I don't even care.

Larry asked if I wanted to go to dinner tomorrow night with the kids. Told him he could go on his own. I have no desire to go out with the kids. I can't recall the last time we went out together. Right now the farther am from the kids the better. I am so sick and tired of them getting everything want and I have to struggle to pay the bills. Here's the latest one. Katie and Kevin were given ipods over a year ago. In a matter of a couple of months, Kevin lost his. Claims someone at Kroger stole it out of his jeans pocket. Mind you he had the jeans on. Katie got a new video ipod so she can watch a movie on the plane on her way to Holland this summer. And Kevin got her old one. They are spoiled rotten and are so ungrateful.

Oh well such is life.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #9  

Chris, I don't think I'd buy one of those printers either! You've had so many problems with yours. Glad to know that the MRI is scheduled. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of the pain issue. From different things you have said about the kids, it does sound like they are spoiled. As a step-mother also, it's really hard to keep quiet about things when all you want to really do is scream and yell about it! But then that makes us look like the bad guys. There have been many frustrating times throughout our 25+ years of marriage with the kids. Things aren't so bad now that they are older.

Met with my brothers and families at the old house this afternoon. We ate pizza and talked about lots of good times at the house. My parents bought it in 1966, so it's been around a while. When everyone was leaving, I started to get a bit emotional. My younger brother saw me, and he came back over and hugged me and cried right along with me. The other brother was outside, and Bob told him that maybe he needed to come back in and be with us for a couple minutes. He joined in the hugs and tears.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #10  

Joanne, I've been kind of doing SB for the last few days, but not 100%. Just watching a bit closer than usual. I'm hoping that at my WW weigh in on Thursday, there will be a loss. On the home scales this morning, I was down a pound, so I was able to move my butterfly on the tracker.

Beautiful day here. Breezy but sunny.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

Tammy- I have been on S/B for about 1 and 1/2 week. I haven't lost anything this week. I did mess up one day and had some icecream..What can I say. It is really hard for me to lose weight.But ,I just keep plugging along..
I weigh in on Thursday. Maybe I will stay the same.. I am cooking for Easter. It is Greek(orthodox) Easter as well as American. That makes it easy this year.Some years I have to do it twice. My hubby is Greek.I plan on there being 8-9 people here.Some may go elsewhere and that is fine.I know I will eat some things I shouldn't.
Hello Everybody....Joanne
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #12  

What kind of foods do you fix for the Greek dinner? It will just be the 3 of us here. I had some ice cream yesterday, but a very small amount compared to what I would usually do.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 AM   #13  

It is supposed to be 74 today and maybe some thunderstorms later. Guess what they are calling for the rest of the week? Cold and snow! I don't want anymore snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd vent a little. lol

Have a great day!!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Egg/lemon soup made with beef, Lamb and potatoes ,salad , pie, and a few extras.. I don't get too fancy.. So far 4 have commited.. My sister may bring something and the D/I/L may bring somthing..
Hello everybody. Back later....Joanne
Old 04-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #15  

Good morning!! We had such a great trip!!! Wow-when you look at what other people have in other countries-you feel spoiled and rich!!!!! We mwt Isaac's wife who is wheelchair bound from a spinal infection. Can't even feed hersel but she is 100% better this year getting vitamin and ? injections when they have the $234 for a treatment . They live on top of a mountain-a large house with one bathroom whch is also used as a hostel at times. So primitive,
The part that got me was that washing clothes, and different items needed for her care, invoved 4 separate tubs and hand wringing. Brad and I helped with the wash. It's then hung on a clothesline and the breeze dries it beautifully except for rain that may occur often. We are now setting up a fund to buy a washing machine for them. And if there is any extra money-for her treatments.
Can't say enough about our trip! Anne-we met the nicest mission team from a Salvation Army church in Calgary-they painted 4 rooms and ceilings in the house on Monday. We went with them to church on Sunday-to a church of God where the message was screamed-won't go back there again.
We lugged the 51 lb suitcase around for a couple of days til we saw Isaac. on sat-I am telling you this backwards. Friday we went to Dunn's Falls but we didn't climb it like some-I will post a pic.
There is so much poverty there-Isaac's bil is a taxi driver and has supported his 9 children. They all have to pay for their children's education.And the children are gorgeous and plote. I made friend's with Isaac's neice, Ashley. who is 9 and goes to a prep school. There is so much more to tell.
Chris-I ma sorry for all you are going through and I will continue to pray.And for Ross-that disease is so hard-we know some people with it-especially Brad's ex-wife,
Up early but will go back to bed after I put the rubbish out. maybe download my pics.
Be grateful for what you have-lots of people have so much less and are happy. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote